[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Relations between Swedish speakers and Finnish speakers in Finland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 55

File: sweden vs finland.png (84KB, 1684x824px) Image search: [Google]
sweden vs finland.png
84KB, 1684x824px
I have a question for any Finns here.

I've been reading a bit about the relations between Swedish and Finnish speakers in Finland lately, and to me, it appears that there is a really assymetric relationship between them.

The Fennoswedes are a minority in Finland. Most of them seem to be descendants of Swedish functionaries or nobility, and they seem to be mostly upper middle class. Whatsmore, they seem to be concetrated in the larger cities.

According to what I've read, it seems that the Fennoswedes are an extremely isolated community. They prefer to mingle with other Fennoswedes, and many promptly refuse to learn Finnish. When I browsed Yle recently, I saw an article about a Fennoswede mother who didn't want to send her children to a Finnish speaking school.

Despite not wanting to learn Finnish, most Fennoswedes seem VERY positive towards having mandatory Swedish education. You often hear them use arguments like "If all Finns don't know Swedish, how can we Fennoswedes get proper service at all public institutions, stores, etc?".

Everytime someone in Finland critisises mandatory Swedish, the Fennoswedes have two possible retorts:
>1. Boohoo, why is everyone so racist against us?
>2. We're a BILINGUAL country, don't you get it you stupid Finnish white trash?

My question is: why does Finland allow this to happen? Why is such a small minority allowed to boss the rest of the population around? How can this small urban elite constanly get away with shitting on the silent majority? Why should an entire fucking nation study Swedish just so this minority won't have to learn Finnish?

I'm baffled, honestly.
>>
>>70884458
T. Albanian proxyfag
>>
File: dam_son.jpg (65KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
dam_son.jpg
65KB, 640x640px
We have a political party called RKP, swedish national party or something like that. Every Fennoswede and even some normal Finns vote for that, and they get usually like 5% of votes which means 10 places in parlament. They have only one agenda: keep mandatory Swedish. They agree promise to agree with all other thing in government.

So, when government negotiations begin, they are almost always taken to government. The winning party thinks, that they get 10 "free" members who agree with all things they want, if mandatory Swedish is kept.

>tl;dr Finns are cucked
>>
>>70884960
That's genius
>>
>swedes
There are genuinely okay people among them
>fennoswedes
Theyre disgusting and they have ruined swedens reputation in finland. All fennoswedes should be sent to sweden but I doubt even swedes could stand those assholes
>>
>>70885090
Bättre folk :^)))))
>>
>>70884458
>>70884960
This

Also the knowledge of Swedish was a way to show that you were upper class. That's why there are still large number politicians outside of Swedish party who support compulsory Swedish.
>>
Finnish speakers are jealous of us because we have generational wealth that trickles down from our parents and grandparents which puts us at an advantage over them.

We don't try as hard as them in school because we know daddy or uncle will get us a job.

We don't have to worry about university places like Finnish speakers do because we have our own Swedish speaking universities that cater to our community. If Finnish speakers weren't so hateful against us, they would put more effort into learning our language and enjoying some of the benefits that comes along with it.

t. Oliver Andersson
>>
>>70885090
Why DON'T you just send them back here? Åland is already de facto independent, why not negotiate a deal with our government to make Åland officially part of Sweden in return for some form of compensation or trade deal or whatever?
I imagine you'd save quite a bit of money on no longer having to make everything accessible for the tiny majority of people that only speak Swedish, and combined with a deal of sorts it would easily cancel out any negatives from them no longer adding to your GDP.
>>
>>70884458
>they seem to be concetrated in the larger cities

No. There's many of them in helsinki and Espoo but most of them live in the countryside on the southern and western coast.
>>
>>70885532
>negotiate a deal with our government to make Åland officially part of Sweden

Åland is Russian clay. The current agreements were put in place to prevent Russia from taking it back. Better let sleeping dogs lie.
>>
>>70884458
>many promptly refuse to learn Finnish

Only the poor inbreds in Ostrobothnia do this
>>
>>70885783
Why not send every Fennoswede to Åland then so they're at least concentrated all in one area with each other if that's what they want and refuse to speak Finnish?
>>
>>70885975
Because we plan to send all homos to Åland.
>>
>>70885510

THIS
>>
So basically, Fennoswedes are the Jews of Finland?

Fennoswede shoah when?
>>
>>70887343
>So basically, Fennoswedes are the Jews of Finland
Correct.
>>
>>70884458
Stop posting this shit.
>>
Jesus christ do people actually believe this? "refuse to learn finnish" ??? I have never met a single fennoswede who doesn't want to learn finnish, its just too damn hard. And stop it with the "bättre folk" "pappa betalaa" memes. Most of us are just as poor as everyone else.
>>
>>70887572
Then you fucks should be fine with nobody being forced to learn Swedish. It's not our job to uphold your cancerous meme language dialect that is destined to extinction.
>>
>>70887572

Give it up. There's no good reasons for staying as a Swedish speaker in Finland.
Speak Finnish only or move to Sweden.
>>
File: 14839203231.jpg (188KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
14839203231.jpg
188KB, 1200x900px
>>70885532
Jesus christ man, how are people this thick? SWEDEN WILL NEVER PAY FOR ÅLAND. It is of no use to us, and a sale of land inhabited by tens of thousands of people would not be tolerated by either governments, not to mention the international community, without a referendum for Ålands residents. If they voted "remain" then we couldn't get Åland even if we wanted to pay for it. If they voted "leave" then we would simply assume control of Åland, and Finland wouldn't have a leg to stand on asking for payment.

FINLAND WILL NEVER GET TO SELL ÅLAND.
>>
>>70887684
This, Swedish speakers are the only obstacle to our full unity as a people.
>>
>>70885975

The plan is to send homosexuals and Muslims there
>>
File: Finland-625031.jpg (36KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
Finland-625031.jpg
36KB, 590x350px
>>70887676
It is the job of any country with an official language to ensure the continued existence and use of that language continue, and prevent it from going extinct. If you don't want the Swedish language to be mandatory in schools in Finland, you'll have to drop it as a national language of Finland.

As of right now Swedish is a just as official part of Finnish society as Finnish.
>>
>>70887684
Reminder that most of your national heroes are fennoswedes.
>>
>>70887572
>its just too damn hard.
I have a feeling most Finns have similar feelings towards Swedish. Who doesn't want to learn a new language?
>>
>>70887684
The sad thing is many Swedes have done just that. Far too many Swedes fled from Finland and Estland during the 1900s to avoid persecution, and living under Sovjet rule.
>>
>>70887912

Not really. Mannerheim was, but he was an flawed individual in every level and it's an embarrassment that he is considered the face of early 20th century Finland.
>>
File: Eino_Leino_1905c.jpg (190KB, 674x897px) Image search: [Google]
Eino_Leino_1905c.jpg
190KB, 674x897px
>>70887912
Eino Leino was pure Fingol.
>>
File: eino leino.jpg (44KB, 230x189px) Image search: [Google]
eino leino.jpg
44KB, 230x189px
>>70888073
Here's how his people pictured him.
>>
like 10 years ago, Conan (american late night show) went to Finland. and when he arrived, someone held up a sign saying "sweden sucks"
>>
>>70887945
They start learning swedish too late. We start learning finnish in kindergarden or 1st grade, while they start learning swedish in grade 7. Any 7th grader faced with a completely different language will most likely not be so motivated to learn it.
>>
>>70887849
>you'll have to drop it as a national language of Finland
Then that's what we'll do, since the vast majority of Finns support the abolishment of mandatory Swedish.
>>
>>70888242
Fennoswedes are so desperate now that they want to brainwash our children so that they'd develop a more positive attitude towards Swedish. Fucking sickening.
>>
>>70887395
Is Freudenthal's beliefs common among Fennoswedes?

If Fennoswedes look dow so much on Finns, why do they choose to keep living in Finland?
>>
>>70888799
>why do they choose to keep living in Finland
Because they believe that Finns are sub-humans incapable of ruling themselves. Also RKP calls Freudenthal their spiritual father, that should tell you everything you have to know about them.
>>
File: otsikko_ei aloituskuvaa.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
otsikko_ei aloituskuvaa.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
>mfw even Swedes think that Fennoswedes = Swedes
>>
>>70888242
Yeah, excpet swedish is quite close to english and therefore should not be that tricky to learn for a person who already speaks decent english.
The noisiest anti-swedish activists are mostly those who are bad at learning language in general or just too lazy and stupid to study anything.

I've always been good at english and swedish would have been very easy for me to learn if only I would have had the motivation.
Too bad I was a rebellious teenager and I had that anti-swedish attitude. If I only had the time and energy now I would fix that easily.

Isn't it nice to tell others that you can speak three languages or even more? Some people just don't value civilisation.

T. Finnish nationalist and still willing to learn swedish and couple more languages.

>>70888799
Because if they moved to Sweden they would propably be outcasts with their ugly accent.
>>
>>70889401
>T. Finnish nationalist and still willing to learn swedish
Nice try, Per-Göran. Character attacks are the only thing you Svecoman fucks have in store, and it's the one thing you always resort to when you've said all your other bullshit. You're either too "stupid" or "lazy" if you don't want to waste precious time learning a language that on a global scale is literally as useless as Finnish.

http://www.sampoterho.net/?p=1603
>>
>>70889305
I don't. As a proud Swede, I love my neighbour Finland and might even consider moving there.

HOWEVER, if I do, I'll work on learning Finnish right away, instead of leeching on Swedish-language institutions and gibs. I'll also stay away from the Fennoswedes.

In my eyes, Fennoswedes are parasites, and stand in the way between true Swedish-Finnish camaraderie.
>>
>>70889795
Now this is a Swede I can get behind.
>>
File: Finland-Swede.jpg (73KB, 412x600px) Image search: [Google]
Finland-Swede.jpg
73KB, 412x600px
>>70888036
How dare you

Mannerheim is the greatest Finn your country has ever seen.
>>
>>70889795
>In my eyes, Fennoswedes are parasites

That's a bit too much imo but still their "identity" is pretty damn useless after all.
>>
File: finsk poliik.jpg (236KB, 1240x1535px) Image search: [Google]
finsk poliik.jpg
236KB, 1240x1535px
>>70888909
Yeah, and Linné is the father of all Swedish scientific institutions, despite him believing in the categorization of humanity into different races. The view of Freudenthal as a racist and literally nothing else is just a simple way for opposing parties to smear SFP.
>>
>>70889896

Except he was very flawed. He wasn't innately talented as a leader and only his long career gave him credence.

Sexually he was known to have an interest in males, particularly a certain Kirghiz boy he brought over here and also the guy who made Tom of Finland.
>>
>>70890098
Also both his daughters were lesbian.
>>
File: -_by_Javad_Alizadeh.jpg (103KB, 388x600px) Image search: [Google]
-_by_Javad_Alizadeh.jpg
103KB, 388x600px
>>70890098
>>70890163
>Sexually he was known to have an interest in males
>his daughters were lesbian
And?
>>
File: Gustav_III_of_Sweden_1.jpg (231KB, 642x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Gustav_III_of_Sweden_1.jpg
231KB, 642x1000px
>>70889795
Would you say the same of the minority groups speaking the official Swedish minority languages?

Are Meänkieli leeching off the Swedish state, for being allowed to use their own endangered language as their primary one?

Are the Sami parasites? The Yiddish- or Romani Chib speakers?
>>
>>70890420
None of those groups hold any meaningful power in Swedish society. We don't have a major political party devoted to, say, Romani identity politics. The closest things we have to the Fennoswede institutions is the Saami Council.

Also, they don't force us to learn their languages. While they have the right to get served in their own language at some public institutions, they are still expected to know and speak Swedish in their everyday lives.
>>
>>70890420
Being a recognized minority language is not comparable with being an official state language. Finnish is not an official state language in Sweden in the name of "Nordic co-operation" despite having had a Finnish minority for several centuries. We have no real reason to do the same.
>>
>>70890843
Also Sweden has no mandatory Finnish, despite the Finnish population outnumbering Fennoswedes by about 200,000.
>>
>>70885510

THIS to be quite honest
>>
>>70885510
>>70887058
>>70891030
samefag
>>
>>70884458
I'm Fenno-Swedish and I don't really give a shit if mandatory Swedish in schools is a thing or not, why would I? Knowing Swedish is pretty much useless and Swedish is gonna become a completely useless language in the next couple of decades since Sweden is getting overrun by Arabs and niggers.
>>
>>70885510
>We don't have to worry about university places like Finnish speakers do because we have our own Swedish speaking universities that cater to our community
This is true you fucking privileged bastards.
Ironically, a finnish friend of mine who speaks swedish only well enough to hold a converstion is seriously considering to apply for a swedish university because it's easier to get in threre than it is to get into a finnish university as a native speaker.
This is fucking wrong. In the meantime the "progressive" people are screaming for equality, but this is totally fine and nothing needs to be done about it. Majorities just don't need as much equality as some irrelevant marginal people.
>>
File: nope.jpg (14KB, 341x112px) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
14KB, 341x112px
>>70891089

Keep living in denial
>>
File: wip.png (2MB, 915x1312px) Image search: [Google]
wip.png
2MB, 915x1312px
>>70890814
>We don't have a major political party devoted to, say, Romani identity politics.
Because there isn't an active and constant movement to deprive them of their official status, and remove any hope of the language surviving in their land.

>Also, they don't force us to learn their languages.
Neither do Finland-Swedes? Swedish is the language of all Finns, just like Finnish is the language of all Finns. It is up to the individual Finnish citizen to decide which language he wants to use for his primary language. The Finnish educational system is teaching young Finns the official languages of Finland, as it should!
>>
File: 1482526137149.jpg (119KB, 700x520px) Image search: [Google]
1482526137149.jpg
119KB, 700x520px
>>70885510
>>70887058
>>70891030
>>70891638
Based Finland-Swedes!
>>
File: tiotusenSvenskabögar.jpg (207KB, 791x861px) Image search: [Google]
tiotusenSvenskabögar.jpg
207KB, 791x861px
>>70890205
Faggotry is only normal in sweden. In Finland, gays are in the minority, not the majority.
>>
>>70884960
It's this.

Plus, mandatory swedish is still grained because of the "our last generation had to go through it, so next generations should too"-effect
>>
File: 1352663928676944.png (34KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1352663928676944.png
34KB, 666x666px
t. Per Olof Cuckhagen
>>
>>70889795
You're welcome here.
>>
File: 1483228425659.png (202KB, 1321x1174px) Image search: [Google]
1483228425659.png
202KB, 1321x1174px
>>70892025
Like circumcision in burgerland?

I like mandatory swedish, but that's bretty funny.
>>
>>70892142
Pretty much

The reason for mandatory swedish that my first swedish teacher gave me, was that Sweden has been such a big part of our culture that there's like a bond that can't broken between us.
>>
>>70884458
i live in helsinki, finnish swedes go to swedish schools, they speak sweden with finnish accent. but basically they get their friends from the school, there are maybe 3 of them. yeah, they hang out a lot amongst each other, some of them doesnt speak finnish at all, some speak finnish fluently.
about why we keep talking swedish:
some people feel proud that they can talk multiple languages
it is mandatory in the schools, it has always been, why change?
it opens more job opportunities if u can talk swedish

you must understand that nobody really speaks swedish, if i have a sentence in front of me i understand like half of it, i cant form a sentence in swedish except something very basic like jag heter... jag levar på... etc.
>>
File: Flag-Pins-Sweden-Finland.jpg (63KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
Flag-Pins-Sweden-Finland.jpg
63KB, 400x320px
>>70889795
Jesus H Christ, this is disgraceful. I think your being a proud Swede is what's clouding your judgement. You see the Finland-Swedes as somehow Swedish. They're not. Sweden is not an ethno-nation, nor is Finland. Finland-Swedes are not parasites, they are a proud minority who refuse to conform to the will of the majority of their countrymen, who stubbornly hold onto their language and their way of life. It's not until people like you realize that a language is not the exclusive property of one nation or one people that true international cooperation and friendship can exist between Sweden and Finland, as well as fair and equitable treatment for all citizens of both countries.
>>
>>70891638
nice inspect element
>>
>>70892196
>was that Sweden has been such a big part of our culture
Your teacher is living in the past. Everybody who uses that meaningless "argument" is living in the past.
>>
File: civilizethefin.jpg (120KB, 1722x660px) Image search: [Google]
civilizethefin.jpg
120KB, 1722x660px
>>70892511
Suomi on Ruotsalainen!
>>
>>70892337
It is very unfair for Fennoswedes to have official language status and other privileges than Finns in Sweden do not have, whilst outnumbering Fennoswedes by 200,000. Swedish deserves the status of a recognized minority language like Finnish in Sweden. Nothing less, nothing more.
>>70892142
>I like mandatory swedish
Surely you'd be fine with mandatory Finnish in Sweden if this is your stance?
>>
>>70887343
are fennoswedes have overrepresented in every aspect of finnish society? probably not
>>
File: superior albanian iq.jpg (348KB, 1260x1260px) Image search: [Google]
superior albanian iq.jpg
348KB, 1260x1260px
>>70884572
Why is this Albanian subhuman trying to divide us in the first place?
>>
>>70892564
Not anymore.
>>
>>70892578
We don't have a large amount people growing up and speaking finnish as a native language here so that would be weird.
>>
>>70892635
We'd be fully unified as a people if Finnish was the sole official language. It's the privileged position of Fennoswedes that is preventing that from happening.
>>
>>70892635
Inferiority complex. He has been going at it for a few months now and responds sometimes with garbage google translate tier swedish when you point out he's Albanian.
>>
File: diskovery.jpg (92KB, 300x463px) Image search: [Google]
diskovery.jpg
92KB, 300x463px
>>70892578
Now you're talking! I'd love Finnish taught in every Swedish classroom from Malmö to Kalix. A Sweden where everyone can speak at least a conversational ammount of Finnish is a utopia I'd love to live in. I wonder every day why we teach our young Spanish instead of Finnish, or at least the other Scandinavian languages.
>>
>>70892709
You know it's going to happen at some point, it's just a matter of time. People start to realize it's just a remnant from history and has no real use anymore.

But there's no point in evoking hatred between us (Swedes and Finns)
>>
>>70892646
You have 470,000 Finnish speakers, even if half of that was only native speakers they'd still be as populous as Fennoswedes.
>>70892730
That's just talk, and as long as it remains such we have no reason not to abolish Swedish's privileged status.
>>
>>70892817
That's people of finnish heritage not finnish speakers.
>>
>>70892807
>But there's no point in evoking hatred between us
Swedes evoke hatred by supporting this bullshit and clinging on to history.
>>
>>70892849
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Sweden#Finnish

Nope.
>>
>>70892853
Of course they do it too, but my point is that no one should. These things can be sorted out without shit flinging.
>>
>>70892887
So we have as many finnish speakers as mudslims?

Lmao
>>
>>70892817
>That's just talk, and as long as it remains such we have no reason not to abolish Swedish's privileged status.
What is with you people? Why do you think mandatory Swedish has anything to do with Sweden? Finland-Swedes and their status do not concern us in the slightest, unless you genocide them or something, and then only as much as it involves all countries. The language of Finland-Swedes might as well be it's own language for all the connection is has with Sweden. You'll deal with your own internal politics, you're an independent country.
>>
>>70892934
>These things can be sorted out without shit flinging
Evidently not, it is the Svecomans who always revert to attacks when they don't get their way. >>70889782
>>
>>70892963
>Why do you think mandatory Swedish has anything to do with Sweden
They're the legacy of your imperial era. It's your fault they exist.
>>
>>70893008
I wouldn't say losing our eastern part of the country to Russia is our fault.
>>
>>70893008
That's right, without us you'd all be speaking Russian.
>>
Will the Swedes and the Finns ever be able to get along?
>>
>>70893008
That's history. We are talking about living people, thousands of them, who are Finnish citizens and who have nothing to do with the Swedish state and it's government.
>>
>>70893121
The is no ill will between Swedes and Finns as nationalities.

It's Fennoswedes as a group that is the root of the real problem. Only after they've assimilated into Finnish culture can there be true brotherhood between the Swedes and the Finns.
>>
File: ballsinmouth.png (35KB, 650x435px) Image search: [Google]
ballsinmouth.png
35KB, 650x435px
>>70893121
Of course, why wouldn't we?
>>
File: 8d2.png (32KB, 707x573px) Image search: [Google]
8d2.png
32KB, 707x573px
>>70893121
Proper Swedes and proper Finns get along quite well.

It's the Fennoswedes who look down on both of us. They hate their "lower class" counterparts in Sweden and Fennomans in Finland. They're no good to anyone.
>>
>>70893227
>They hate their "lower class" counterparts in Sweden
As they bloody well should. Our grasp of our own language is dreadful. Not that the Finland-Swedes are good as protectors of Swedish culture, but we certainly need one.
>>
File: 1486262143848.png (13KB, 931x573px) Image search: [Google]
1486262143848.png
13KB, 931x573px
>>70893121
One day. Even if it's us against the world, we'll do it.
>>
>>70893227
It's funny how hardcore Svecomans they tend to be, yet they're 60% Finnish on average when it comes to genetics.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1783413

It's like Sweden and Finland had an extremely bastardized child
>>
>spics
>>
File: swedentreasured.jpg (94KB, 375x373px) Image search: [Google]
swedentreasured.jpg
94KB, 375x373px
>>70893198
Hell no. Sweden would never accept a people who let the culture of their countrymen die out when they could protect it but chose not to because of xenophobia and prejudice, as our brothers!
>>
>>70884960
Mongols outwitted by swedish cucks
>>
>>70893393
>Fennoswedes
>our countrymen
They don't have Swedish citizenship. They're no more Swedish than the average American heritagefag is Irish/German/Nubian kang.

We do share a very important history with the Finns, and I agree that we should cherish that history. HOWEVER, in order to move on we first have to even out the power relationship between the two nations and the two languages. A system where only one part has to draw the short straw by having to learn the other's language is, simply put, assymetric and unfair.
>>
File: IMG_2525.png (589KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2525.png
589KB, 1136x640px
Finns are subhuman non-Scandinavian mongols that don't speak Germanic like real scandanavians.

Finns have to go back.
>>
File: Pekka Leino.jpg (69KB, 475x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pekka Leino.jpg
69KB, 475x600px
>>70893650
Canada NO!
>>
>>70893650
他妈的中国
>>
File: hair yurop.png (716KB, 1600x847px) Image search: [Google]
hair yurop.png
716KB, 1600x847px
>>70893650
It's actually the northern reindeer herders ("native Scandinavians") that have to go back.

They are suspiciously swarthy. The Finns and Estonians may stay.
>>
>>70893227
This, actual swedes are okay. We can get along with them easily. Fennoswedes are the problem, theyre unlikeable people whose shittyness even swedes couldnt stand if they came to their country and started same dindu crap theyre doing now in here
>>
File: peepee.jpg (46KB, 647x495px) Image search: [Google]
peepee.jpg
46KB, 647x495px
North Americans should just ignore these threads tbqh
>>
>>70893629
Not "our" countrymen, retard. Finland-Swedes are Finns, and their language and culture could easily die out quite soon without the assistance of their countrymen, the Finns. If the Finns chose not to provide said help, then we see the moral cowardice which the Finnish people posses. The kind that no brother of the Swedish people should have.

And you keep bringing up Sweden, and the power dynamics of our relationship with Finland. But that doesn't matter a single shit. Should Finland exterminate one of it's national languages just to make sure it has as little as possible in common with a neighboring nation? However Finns want to carry out foreign policy is up to them. Finland-Swedes are only Finnish and Finland is solely responsible for their well being and the continual survival of their culture as a minority group in a country.
>>
>>70893912
You'll miss your Finnoswedes when 40% of your population is Arabic. I wish our biggest minority problem was a "muh language" former imperialist group
>>
>>70894046
What you may not know is that many Fennoswedes actively do all they can to weaken the status of the Finnish language in Finland.

Last year, two Finnish municipalities, which had until then been monolingually Swedish, were changed into bilingual municipalities. Many Fennoswede got butthurt by this, and claimed that making the municipalities billingual would threaten the status of Swedish in Finland.

Note the hypocrisy there? Fennoswedes stress that they, as a minority in Finland, should have the right to their own language. Yet they deny the same right to the Finnish speaking minority in Fennoswede dominated municipalities.

Thus, in order to strengthen the position of Swedish, the Fennoswedes actively try to weaken the position of Finnish.
>>
>>70894091
Not even the Swedes will miss them as soon as they get to know their true nature.

They're the biggest advocates for multiculturalism in Finland, plus they demand special privileges and besides hating us, they also hate the proper Swedes. I'm not joking when I say they're like the Jews in America.

So, you might be sided with the Swedes, but it doesn't matter cause the Fennoswedes are only sided with themselves.
>>
>>70894405
Why is your English so good, by the way?
>>
>>70894594
most likely because nordic countries have great education.
finland in particular has a really good school system
>>
>>70894707
If they can learn English and not be butthurt, then why not Swedish as well? Finnish isn't going extinct
>>
>>70894777
Because they have no fucking need to speak Swedish unless they have relatives who are Swedish or they need to learn it for a job that requires it?
Why don't Americans learn Korean? I mean you have basically no use for the language, but it's not like learning another language is annoying or anything, especially not when it's mandatory in school.
>>
>>70894777
The reason they'll give you is"muh russian is more useful, Swedish isn't". Really they just dislike Swedes.
>>
>>70894855
Come on, Sweden and Finland are fucking right next to each other. If Americans learned second languages, we would surely be happy learning Spanish.

If you didn't learn Swedish, how would you communicate with the other Nordic countries, which all speak Germanic languages?
>>
File: 1484473009140.png (11KB, 664x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484473009140.png
11KB, 664x640px
Icelanders learn Danish because it gives them a greater understanding for the Scandinavian languages. I don't see why Finns would be opposed to doing the same.
>>
>>70895061
Maybe mandatory norsk would be better? Who could be mad at norge-chan?
>>
File: winland.png (142KB, 1114x835px) Image search: [Google]
winland.png
142KB, 1114x835px
>>70894924
It is in the eastern parts of the country. I literally couldn't do my summerjob in Mikkeli since i had to deal with russians who didn't speak other languages all the time.

Also, This thread is shit, all people who've answered to it are shit and seriously reconsider your lives.
>>
>>70894988
>70894988
english?
>>
File: kisut.png (516KB, 600x445px) Image search: [Google]
kisut.png
516KB, 600x445px
>>70894924
>this is what Swedes actually think

Come on now. Neither of them is useful in particular and only English should be compulsory. Of course people should have the possibility to learn both Swedish and Russian, but realizing that they're useless because of the lingua franca has nothing to do with "hate"
>>
>>70894988
Don't you already learn Spanish in school?
>If you didn't learn Swedish, how would you communicate with the other Nordic countries, which all speak Germanic languages?
I'm Swedish so don't ask me, but I assume they would speak English which every other Nordic country also speaks.
The Finnish language is just too different from the rest of the Germanic languages of Scandinavia to bother learning both English and Swedish, especially when English lets you talk to WAY more people around the world than just the countries next to you.

I'm not trying to argue that we should abolish all non-English languages for the sake of efficiency, but 2 languages, Finnish and English, is enough to get the job done especially when Finns would likely have a far better vocabulary in English than Swedish anyway just because of exposure to western culture.
>>
>>70895163
Okay, I guess that also works ...
>>
>>70895212
No, Sven, at age 12, we have choice of learning
> Spanish
> French
> German
> Italian
> Mandarin Chinese
> Latin

Whatever you pick, you must take 6 years mandatory foreign language education. I picked German
>>
File: badda bing.jpg (15KB, 378x365px) Image search: [Google]
badda bing.jpg
15KB, 378x365px
>>70895282
Same here, i picked german too. But on top of that we have to learn swedish. Later in high school we can pick 2-3 more languages ON TOP OF THAT if we so desire. so drop it burger, you really can't cope with this.
>>
>>70895354
Bullshit

You're telling me
> First grade: learn Finnish
> First grade: learn English
> Age 12: learn new foreign language
> Age 16: learn two MORE foreign languages

People in Finland don't speak 5 languages
>>
File: 1486428058364.jpg (354KB, 1260x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1486428058364.jpg
354KB, 1260x1260px
>>70895447
Only Luxembourg can compete desu
>>
File: Nice.gif (3MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Nice.gif
3MB, 444x250px
>>70895447
No.

>Third grade: Learn english
>Also on Third grade: you can choose from french or german if you want to
>7th grade: Swedish
>8th grade German or french
>Age 16: Latin, Spanish, German, French, Russian if you wan't to.

Language courses are easy fillers for the timetable in High school.
>>
>>70895526
Oh wow. Okay.

I concede
>>
>>70895526
Most people can't speak their 2nd foreign language too good, even though the law says something like B1. The teachers are absolute garbage. I was taught German by a 70 year old teacher who made poems of grammar rules, fucking poems.
>>
>>70893198
they have to go back
>>
>>70895447
>People in Finland don't speak 5 languages

I speak 5 fluently. that's why I'm in so many generals.
>>
>>70893629
>Fennoswedes
finns in sweden?
or swedes in finland?
so confusing
how do you memorize that
>>
>>70895797
Neither you dense.

It's just the linquistic minority who speaks swedish as their first language. Not hard to memorize at all.
>>
>>70895849
so what do you call swedes that speak finnish?
swedofinns?
>>
>>70895903
no such thing lad.
>>
>>70895903
Sweden finns (swe: Sverigefinnar).
>>
>>70895787
You're the Finnish vocaroo guy, aren't you?
>>
>>70895156
i ve been always amused by this maymay
>>
>>70893393
>>70894046
thinly veined svecoman imperialism, couldn't care less about what swedes think of us as long as fennoswedes die out
>>
>>70894924
Russian is useful, Swedish is a micro language spoken by 10 million people. It has nothing to do with hate, but acknowledging the facts. You and your language are as petty as ours in this global world.
>>
>>70895156
Western Finns are very anti-Swedish, don't delude yourself Nils-Göran.
>>
>>70898108
Nobody (among adults) in Finland beyond 4channers are very anti-swedish
>>
>>70898150
Anti-Swedish as in anti-mandatory-Swedish (most Finns are according to polls), and you and I both know the reason why they're holding onto it tooth and nail.
>>
>>70884458

Here in Helsinki i heard that in certain place at certain time (in night I guess) some have violated Fenno-Swedes.

Some Finns don't like them so much. Some think they are snobs (at least in Helsinki)

But mostly I think people are very neutral towards them.

Many of them live in my neighborhood and a couple of my friends are from Swedish speaking family.
>>
>>70898246
anti-mandatory-Swedish is very different from being anti-Swedish (ie. hating the people) though
>>
>>70898309

>have violated

I meant have been violent towards them
>>
>>70898351
That's probably as common as Russophobia.
>>
>>70898400
You mean anti-Swedish people? Not at all. Russophobia is still pretty common among the older generations, while the only people I've ever come across in Finland who (presumably) unironically hated Swedes were people on 4chan
>>
>>70898452
everyone hates each other on 4chan, so you shouldn't take that seriously
>>
File: 323.png (9KB, 469x397px) Image search: [Google]
323.png
9KB, 469x397px
>>70895129
THEY PROMISED US A MOUNTAIN BUT BAILED ON IT
WE DEMAND BLOOD NOW
>>
>>70898492
While some, perhaps a majority, of the posts here are not serious, there's still a fair number of legit autists, fat NEETs mad at the world etc. who post here
>>
>>70893650
Finno-Ugric people probably lived in North before Scandinavians
>>
>>70892234
Yeah I often hear Swedish on public transport and it's always with a really strong Finnish accent. Much clearer and easier to understand but not as sing-songy.

I also think the Fenno-Swedes don't have it their culture to shut up on public transport because I hear them so often.
>>
>>70898452
where are you from?
>>
File: 1485682848204.jpg (252KB, 1079x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1485682848204.jpg
252KB, 1079x1090px
>>70884458
Fennoswedes are seen as Germanic nobility, near God-like superior beings, by the savage and mongoloid ethnic Finns.
>>
>>70898772
I just love you guys. Thank you for yet another funny but interesting thread.
>>
File: 1486020153243.png (630KB, 1314x769px) Image search: [Google]
1486020153243.png
630KB, 1314x769px
>>70898772
T:
>>
>>70898766
Finland
>>
>>70898852
saved
>>
>>70898864
western i suppose
>>
>>70899125
I guess, and I do admit that while I've spent a lot of time all around Finland I haven't spent almost any time in the south-east so maybe the people there do hate swedes
>>
>>70893293
So we have a class called English here and it basically teaches us culture after a point. In early grades its like how the language works etc

Do you have something like that?
>>
>>70893121
internet memes dont tell you the whole truth
>>
Hahaha this is fucking hilarious
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 800x390px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 800x390px
>>70885090
Send them here, or send us there.
Cletus will have sumfin ti say to these lil shits.
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 381x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 381x512px
>>70885510
Reading through this bread and making shitpost replies, but FUCK you seem like an asshole. Can you do this world a favor and off yourself? You arrogant piece of shit?
>>
>>70893121
Internet means nothing.
Finland and Finns are bros so I don't care about what 4chan and int says. I can easily take ferry to Finland go to pub ask for beer, they say "are you swede?" I say yes in swedish they laugh and bant that we're gay and etc and how they're better than us in hockey and then we all sing and drink free beer.

So short sum go away fat americans, finns are bros stop feeding the trolls with shit.
>>
>>70902492
>what is sarcasm
>>
>>70902551
this is always the case, bantz and bussiness as usual like a brother, I've seen this happen even in Estonia where we bantz about hockey then we get a long 100%
>>
>>70902626
Yeah, bless Finland and Estonia best countries to be neighbours with!
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 210x210px
>>70902611
Sure it was.
>>
>>70902635
the older generation of finns didn't bantz but instead took their puukko we're improved from this behaviour senpai.
>>
>>70897989
Not acceptable. We will not allow you to genocide your minorities. The EU, UN and entire international community will oppose you on it.
>>
What the fuck is even a Fennoswede? t. Finn (not a Fennoswede) with Swedish ancestry.

So, you basically just can be a normal Finn and register to be one. What the fuck is the point of that?
>>70887343
Not in the slightest. I've been around them for all my life.
>>
>>70902704
No problem.
>>70903105
Can you just vanish?
>>70905195
cai-göran?
>>
>>70905195
fennoswede is a guy who grew up looking at emil i lönneberga, pippi långstrump, karlsson på taket, pettson och findus, Mumin visar allt, gatustafett, kräftor, seglande i skärgården.
>>
>>70905281
åland visits, going to sweden few times each year, culturally a bridge between west and east(I have to add)
>>
>>70905195
If you haven't gone through a swedish speaking school, you don't know what it's like.
>>
>>70884960
Pretty much this. 2015 was the first time in 36 years they were left out of the government. No matter whether it was the socialists or the center party or national coalition in charge but the swedes were always there in the government. Maybe not anymore. Though more likely they will be in the next government again in 2019.
>>
>>70905479
So there's a big status quo there? Is there any sign of an end to it?
>>
Do other Scandinavians have this sort of rivalry lol
>>
>>70907137
Sweden has a rivalry with Denmark as well. The rest is peaceful.
>>
>>70884458
what's fennoswede?
>>
we havent gotten rid of the mandatory swedish because finland is bilingual by constitution so youd need overwhelming majority to change it so its a minority rule
>>
>>70907300
>finland is bilingual by constitution
they're understandably too scared to hold a refurundum on it
>>
>>70907264
A person with higher iq then a swede
>>
>>70885510
>>70884960
>(((Fennoswedes)))
>>
i still love finland :3
>>
>>70884960
That is exactly like the Haredi parties here
>>
>>70884458
It seems to resemble the so-called franskiljons in Flanders, French-speaking Flemings, often noblemen. Many refused to learn Dutch, but most of those types have long since moved to Brussels, where they vote for the radical francophone party FDF and try to colonize the Flemish Ring around Brussels.

Often people (read: Flemish nationalists) will confuse them with Walloons. They are not, but it is because so little of them remain in Flanders. The hostile ones moved to Brussels, the friendly ones are bilingual but speak French at home.
>>
>>70902492
You should meet one of our franskiljons then. It is basically that x 10 + HON HON HON between each sentence. And if you reply in any other language than French you get snubbed at "nix compris".
>>
I wonder if a reconciliation between the Fennoswedes and the Finns is possible.

I mean, like, the Fennoswedes agree to speak Finnish, and in return, the Finns forgive them for what they've done. Seems like a good compromise to me.
>>
>>70911742
Fennoswedes speak finnish. They tend to keep swedish just in the family.
>>
>>70912046
What about monolingually Swedish municipalities? Fennoswedes there speak only Swedish, and if a Finn goes into a shop or a bank there he won't be able to get help in Finnish.
>>
File: a62.png (262KB, 680x661px) Image search: [Google]
a62.png
262KB, 680x661px
>>70912146
Is a meme. You can get service everywhere in finnish.
>>
>>70912396
Do you think that all monolingually Swedish municipalities will eventually become bilingual? If yes, how long do you think it will take?
>>
>>70912847
Yes, they can't escape urbanization and keep isolated forever. The extremely isolated swedish speaking communities are already pretty, how to say it ummm... inbred.
>>
>>70912847
In the 90s and early 2000s some municipalities in Nyland like Sibbo were still monolingually or majorly Swedish. Now there's no monolingual municipalities left in Nyland and the municipalities which were monolingual 20 years ago are now about 30% Swedish-speaking. Overall Nyland was 11.3% Swedish-speaking in 1990 and 8.2% in 2015 but the ex-monolinguals have gone from majority Swedish-speaking to 30% in 20 years
>>
>>70887343
Yup. When I was doing summer job as a magazine subscription salesman, everytime I happened to call a Fennoswede they would rudely say that they were too busy relaxing on their luxury yacht or some shit
>>
>>70911742
That would be like saying to the nobility: don't use your title and your epitheton anymore.
>>
>>70915154

Can you guess what the most Finland-Swedish profession is?
CEO?
Lawyer?
Doctor?

Nope, fisherman. Nice nobility you got there.
>>
>>70885510
>If Finnish speakers weren't so hateful against us, they would put more effort into learning our language and enjoying some of the benefits that comes along with it.

It's really not that difficult. Why the fuck are they so lazy to learn it???
>>
>>70915233
According to OP:
>The Fennoswedes are a minority in Finland. Most of them seem to be descendants of Swedish functionaries or nobility, and they seem to be mostly upper middle class
>>
>>70915496
The thing is that they make a disproportionate part of the upper class due to history. Most regular people are regular like that but the upper classes are too swamped with Swedes.
>>
>>70915278
You need to enforce your cultural autonomy. They are a minority, they can speak Swedish at home but in Finland people speak Finnish.

That's how we did it though, it took us a while but we got there.

Of course if they all live in one place, you could grant some facilities to that place, but only there.
>>
File: iida.jpg (168KB, 1228x313px) Image search: [Google]
iida.jpg
168KB, 1228x313px
>>70915496

OP is shitposting or clueless man.
Most Finland-Swede are poor tomato farmers or fishermen. All they have is their Swedish pride and they want to share it with refugees.
>>
>>70915600
>in Finland people speak Finnish

No. Finland is a bilingual country. I can demand Swedish speaking service if I go to any government office or business.
>>
I remember RKP passing around a memo or initiative to have half the immigrants coming to Finland learning Swedish instead of Finnish like 10 years ago.
>>
>>70915574
Well, it is similar to the franskiljons here, as I already pointed out. Not all of them are noblemen, but a disproportionate part, as French was/is the language of the upper class.

Anyway, enforcing cultural autonomy shouldn't be done out of revanchism, but it is a necessary thing to contain it with facilities. You cannot expect your countrymen to learn your minority language, that is the principle. I can see how it can be perceived as a hostile act, again we have had much of the same problems, but you have to step your foot down or they will lobby their way out of it.

That again, I've heard that the same Fennoswedes stoof at the cradle of Finnish national identity proliferation.

Did they ever try to enforce Swedish on you, like the Russians did in the early 20th century.
>>
>>70915640
>want to share it with refugees

That's retarded. 99% of refugees are forced to learn Finnish.

Immigrants (not refugees) to Finland mostly come here through marriage so they will learnt heir wife/husband's language.
>>
>>70915747
>Finland is a bilingual country
Only in name, Nils.
>>
>>70915278
>Why the fuck are they so lazy to learn it
We shouldn't be forced to learn the language of a 5% minority. It is a retarded policy that isn't enforced anywhere in Europe but Finland.
>>
>>70915747
Well we tried that too, but the result was that the more powerful language, which is French by far, ends up cucking the less powerful language of the majority.

So basically French-speakers demanded to be served in French everywhere in Belgium, but Flemings could not be served in Dutch in Wallonia.

This causes resentment. So we de facto split the country, on a cultural level. Minorities still have facilities in many language-border areas.

Exactly how many Swedish speakers are there, and are they concentrated in one place?

I'm not telling youu how you should do things, I'm just comparing it with us.
>>
>>70903105
It's not genocide, it's their own fucking fault if they're too lazy to speak Swedish at home.
>>
>>70915798
>Did they ever try to enforce Swedish on you, like the Russians did in the early 20th century.

Finland was far too scarcely populated and underdeveloped for Swedes to try to eradicate Finns entirely. It was a must for Finns who wanted to advance in society to abandon their names as Swedes were horrendously racist towards Finns and Finnish language. In 19th century this development reversed as nationalism grew and people wanted to distance themselves from Sweden.
>>
>>70915956
>Exactly how many Swedish speakers are there, and are they concentrated in one place?
They're the overwhelming minority in most provinces, save for some minor settlements on the coast. And yes, it's tyranny of a historical powerful minority; something that should've been abolished long ago.
>>
>>70915939

It's to our advantage. Do you know how many people go work in Norway/Sweden because they can speak Swedish?
>>
im a proud fenno-swede though it would mean more if i learned Meänkieli but too bad i was a little shit in school
>>
>>70916107

Finnish people working in Norway and Sweden isn't an advantage for Finland.
>>
>>70916107
Fuck off with your horseshit Per-Göran, you can't predict where people will go to work later in life, your whatiffery doesn't justify forcing people to learn a micro language like Swedish. If you want to work abroad, might as well learn some actually useful world language like French, Russian or Chinese, because those countries have blooming economies and job markets.

Also this >>70916350 , this literally only benefits Fennoswedes, Scandinavians and their ilk by exporting Finnish talent abroad and giving them the upper hand in every situation by giving them the opportunity to converse in their native language when literally NOBODY else does when they do business with them.
>>
I hate the fact that my family was almost forced to stop speaking Swedish over the generations and my grandfather and his brothers even had to change our family surname to a Finnish sounding made up one.
>>
>>70893808
everyone sami i ever met looks like a white person(northen swede) standard, i guess its like with those who claim to be native american cuz their great great great grandfather was one or someshit
>>
>>70916350
>Finnish people working in Norway and Sweden isn't an advantage for Finland.

It is when they would have been unemployed in Finland living on welfare and instead send money back to their family in Finland while working in Sweden/Norway.
>>
Reminder that Nordic Youth Council doesn't even use a Nordic language in their meetings but English.
>>
>>70916492
All your meme scenarios have been debunked tenfold over, why do you never stop?

http://www.sampoterho.net/?p=1603
>>
There are about 3000 "Old Russians" in Sweden too, since they are a historical minority they could ask for the same facilities Fenno-Swedes have, and supported by the 1.5% of other Finnish Russians. Especially under EU ruling. It's a slippery slope.

>They're the overwhelming minority in most provinces, save for some minor settlements on the coast

If this would be in Belgium, we would limit facilities to those parts, but you can't expect 95% of the population to be bilingual just because a monolingual minority speaks it.
>>
>>70916492

Doesn't make up for all the Swedish teachers wages, Swedish textbooks and every other conceivable cost of forced and unnatural bilingualism.
Besides, if Swedish teaching was dropped it would be replaced with a useful language like Spanish, Russian and so on.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsid9sKF6_I
>>
>>70916426
>If you want to work abroad, might as well learn some actually useful world language like French, Russian or Chinese, because those countries have blooming economies and job markets.

That is another solution. Older Walloons were pissed off because young Flemings don't speak fluent French anymore, and French-speakers in Belgium are still learned that they only need to know French to be able to go anywhere in the world. And they used to be right, French used to be the number 1 language until the 1950s or so.

English has now taken that position, and many young Walloons now learn English, sometimes even Dutch when they want to work in Flanders. But it is a good solution, and there is no resentment if both parties speak a historically unsensitive language.

So basically English being the new lingua franca improved our relations a lot. Maybe a good idea for Finland too?
>>
>>70916743
Scandinavians do all their other business dealings in English and other international languages. Dealing with them in Swedish gives us no real advantage. In fact, it is a disadvantage because they get to converse in their native language and we do not.
>>
>>70916593
>useful language like Spanish, Russian

No it won't. Our schools don't even teach Mandarin yet.
>>
>>70916431
>hate the fact that my family was almost forced to stop speaking Swedish over the generations

Why? You can still speak it at home and with other Swedish speakers?

Isn't it only normal that you adapt to the culture of the majority and learn their language out of mutual respect?

>and my grandfather and his brothers even had to change our family surname to a Finnish sounding made up one.

Now that is too far. Slavs do the same thing with their minorities, eg. Albanian names with -ovic added.

In my case my French last name is kept but written using Flemish transliteration, which was not enforced but happened naturally around the 15th century somewhere.

But to force people to change their name is a bridge too far imho.
>>
>>70884458
Swedish as an official language is just an old relic, an anomaly, from the past. Some people here insist that it is enriching and eqalitarianl to have 2 official languages.
Personally, I don't give a fuck. I did my studies and never learned it properly. English is the way to go when you speak to foreigners.
Also I never planned to live in Ahvenanmaa, Vaasa, Porvoo, Turku or Helsinki anyway.
>>
>>70916897
>Albanian names with -ovic added.
That's not how Swedish names were Finnicized. Rydman became Ritavuori, Kyander became Kiianmies and so on.
>>
>>70916920
>or Helsinki
You don't need it here, either. Unless you work in some governmental institution or public service.
>>
>>70916431
>had to
Nobody was forced to Finnicize their name, idiot. Everybody did it voluntarily because it was in fashion.
>>
>>70916979
>You don't need it here, either. Unless you work in some governmental institution or public service.
Exactly. My education would allow me to work in those areas in the future so I'm not taking any risks.
>>
>>70917027

Actually Finnish speakers were semi-forced to which is good.
>>
>>70917073
Not forced to, more like pressured socially.
>>
>>70916934
I always saw such a move as an act of cultural imperialism. Now I speak as an outsider, and always compare with our situation, but here having a Flemish or French/Oil last name doesn't matter at all. Nobody notices, as 1/3rd of Flemings have a "Romanic" last name and 1/3rd of Walloons a "Germanic" one.

The only funny thing I noticed is that our radical separatists predominantly have French last names on Flemish side and Flemish last names on Walloon side.

But nobody is going to look twice when you have a French name in Flanders, they're very common, I have both a French first name and last name and I am Flemish.

But one's last name is part of family history, and often tells something about your roots.

In the extreme cases we have for example Antoine Philippe Fiacre Chislain baron de Visscher de Celles. "Celles" is the name of the land he possessed when he became nobility, the epitheton, but "de Visscher" means "the fisherman", so that says something about his roots that only Flemings will grin at. Same for the noble family "de Mosselman de Chennoy", "de mosselman" meaning "the mussels (sea food) salesman".

Other funny extreme cases are lower nobility Flemish francomanes turning "De Meulenaere" (the mill operator) into "de Mûelenaere" (note the small d and added accent grave for levels of ultimate faggotry), in the hope that French-only upper class members would think Mûelenaere is a piece of land they have historically owned.

As a noble friend of me once said "Pomme de Terre" (French for potato) is also not a noble name, but in the early 20th century a lot of people changed their last name to appear noble.
Even a former French president, his dad did the same (Giscard d'Estaing).

The Dutch did it en masse, they all use the lower case d in "de" (de Koe - the cow) which just means "the". But they did that to fuck with the French nobility standards, because before Napoleon came the peasantry there had no last names, they thought it wouldn't last.
>>
ei vittu :DD
>>
>>70895061
So let me get this straight:

It's ok if Fennoswedes don't learn Finnish and stay as a parasitic and toxic minority in a foreign country.

But then all Finns should learn mandatory Swedish because a 5% minority in their country speaks it, and if they don't we call them lazy, stupid and ungrateful towards that minority, is this how it works?
>>
>>70918418
Exactly, Imagine having to learn Basque as a mandatory subject in school
>>
>>70892730
A reminder that don rosas scrooge mc duck during the gold rush stories are the GOAT comics.
>>
>>70918877
also the law would be constitutional, so the basque minority could overthow all attempts at trying to reform.
>>
>>70915939
>the language of a 5% minority
It is fucking not! Swedish is the languge of all Finns. Finnish is the language of all Finns. You all have two languages as a country. It just so happens that more than 95% of you are lazy cunts who don't want to embrace their national herritage, and instead want to spin the fault onto the swedish language for being "an evil formerly imperialist occupiers tongue", instead of owning up to the fact that they are lazy half-wits who want their country to become less cultured, and lose one of the things that make them unique among most first world countries: the fact that they're bilingual.
>>
File: nazistfinland.jpg (771KB, 1400x1700px) Image search: [Google]
nazistfinland.jpg
771KB, 1400x1700px
>>70918418
No. It is not okay that Finland-Swedes don't learn Finnish. They are Finns and should learn the national languages of their native land. But it is also not okay for Finns to not learn swedish, which is the much more common situation. And no, Finns aren't supposed to learn swedish in order to be able to communicate with Finland-Swedes who only speak swedish; they are supposed to learn swedish because it is a language of Finland, and it is their civic and patriotic duty to do so. To live up to the standards expected of their countrymen.
>>
File: king of the klondike 23.jpg (457KB, 980x1480px) Image search: [Google]
king of the klondike 23.jpg
457KB, 980x1480px
>>70918971
This moment.
>>
File: king of the klondike last page.jpg (194KB, 736x1111px) Image search: [Google]
king of the klondike last page.jpg
194KB, 736x1111px
>>70921018
>>
File: page16 or something.png (2MB, 915x1312px) Image search: [Google]
page16 or something.png
2MB, 915x1312px
>>70918971
And my personal favorite page of all.
>>
>>70916897
>Why? You can still speak it at home and with other Swedish speakers?

No, it got lost in our family. Nobody speaks Swedish natively anymore.
>>
>>70918418
>Fennoswedes don't learn Finnish

This is false. The only people who don't learn it grew up in 100% Swedish speaking environments like Åland Island but 90% do speak Finnish.
>>
>>70920817
I hate Sweden a little bit more after reading you.
>>
File: father_child_anger.jpg (8KB, 233x216px) Image search: [Google]
father_child_anger.jpg
8KB, 233x216px
>>70921348
Why, because I think a nation's people and ways should be congruous with it's laws, institutions and constitution? Either change kapitel 2 §17 of your constitution, or learn Swedish. No Hypocrisy!
>>
Who makes these threads? I'm Fenno-swede with many swedish speaking friends and we all speak perfect Finnish naturally. We consider ourselves normal finns and every one of us have many "finnish" friends (sounds retarded). We don't like sweden any more than your average finn.

Where does all these memes come from that we hate finns??? Because of couple 90 old shits in Vaasa don't speak Finnish??
>>
>>70920361
>Let me tell you everything about your country!
>>
>>70920361
>>70920817
I don't consider it part of my heritage, and you don't get to dictate what the average Finn should consider Finnish.
>>
>>70922558

Puhukaa suomea tai muuttakaa Ruotsiin. Niin vitun helppoa se on. Sen jälkeen ei olis enää mitään ongelmaa.
>>
>>70925635
oon enemmän suomalainen kuin sinä.
>>
>>70925693

Hurripetterinä et todellakaan ole. Ruotsi ei ole suomalainen kieli.
>>
>>70925765
Mun suku on asunut Suomessa sun sukua varmasti pidempään. Lähe ite vetää. Ruotsi ei ole suomalainen kieli, olet oikeassa vitun Einstein.
>>
don't bully the suomi
>>
>>70925909

Rantahurrit on sekoitus mutta ainakin osittain ruotsalaistaustainen sellainen.
Eli mamuja. Puolimamu väittää että suku on asunut kauemmin Suomessa kuin mun.
>>
File: animu and mango noises.gif (698KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
animu and mango noises.gif
698KB, 267x199px
>>70925635
>>70925693
>>70925765
>>70925909
>>70925988
>>
>>70926382

He literally said Finns should fuck off and that Finland belongs to the 'aboriginal Finland-Swedes'.
>>
>>70926382
You should adopt mandatory Finnish, in the name of Nordic co-operation.
>>
File: sweden-finland brotherhood.png (27KB, 524x537px) Image search: [Google]
sweden-finland brotherhood.png
27KB, 524x537px
I believe in brotherhood between Finns and Swedes.
>>
>>70926602

>brotherhood

Nope. Not genetic and not based on feelings of friendship either. Swedes hate Finns for existing and prefer 3rd worlders in every way.
>>
>>70926602
kek why does the swede have a yellow fore-arm?
>>
File: 493.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
493.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
>>70884458
Tfw Finland will be last Swedish country on earth after ethnic swedes die out 2033
>>
>>70926824

And then Swedish dies out in Finland a year later. Perfect.
>>
>>70926682
>Swedes hate Finns for existing
We don't. If we did, we wouldn't have brought you up from savagery.

>and prefer 3rd worlders in every way
We've already brought civilisation to you. Now we want to do the same for other peoples.
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.