[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are fax machines in use in your country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Ok, help me out here /int/ - let's check some facts.

I got into an argument on /k/ when it turned out that fax machines are still very common in USA, and not just in government use:
>My college required me to fax them a bunch of stuff, so did my apartment manager, and ive had jobs ive applied for ask for me to fax stuff too.

I personally haven't seen fax machines being used in EU in ages. At least not where I was - not in Germany, Sweden, France, not in UK where I lived for a while, and obviously, not in Poland.
Fuck, I didn't even see them in Belarus, but then again I didn't have much contact with government there.
I wrote that I'm surprised they still have to use faxes, and the Americans went apeshit. "Faxes are still used everywhere, we aren't backwards, hurr-durr, Amerika!".

I'm and oldfag and yea, I did use fax at work... about 20 years ago. Since then, I didn't have to use it in any form, neither in private business, in contacts with government, police, or in any other situation.
Wife had her wallet stolen by niggers in Milano 3 weeks ago, everything needed to get her cars, ID's, drivers license etc. back was done either on-line or in person at the govt. office. No fax.
We do our taxes online, I send all my business documents via e-mail, hardly ever do I even have to scan anything & convert to PDF. I almost forgot how a fax machine looks.

So help me out here, share your PERSONAL experiences - are faxes still being used in your country? If so, how common are they/in what situation are they being used.

The /k/ thread is here:
>>>/k/32898290
>>
Le Bump
>>
Bump #2
>>
sahgay
>>
>>70864597
In America the government uses them extensively, they're just really slow to advance their work tech because whatever they implement in one office or branch needs to be implemented everywhere to keep everything at the same pace. In russia I've never seen one though.
>>
>>70864990
One anon commented that faxes are required to have by gun shops to safely send client data to government organizations.
While that does make some sense safety-wise, It still sounds pretty backwards.
>>
>>70865022
Well in a way yes, they are a bit more secure. Faxes are less susceptible to cyber attack, the main threat with a fax is that someone could show up and steal it or copy it but from a gun shop to a government office that's not going to be a problem. I'm guessing they don't do it digitally because somewhere along the line a hacker could obtain the information and use it to create unauthorized reproductions for illicit purposes.
>>
I have a printer which also works as far machine. The city offices love to force you to send documents and shit via fax for some reason
>>
>>70864597
>I got into an argument on /k/ when it turned out that fax machines are still very common in USA
jesus christ. sounds like their banking, which is another throwback to the 90s.
apparently japan use them alot. i'm sure a weeb can give you a quick rundown
>>
here you go http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19045837
>>
>>70865084
I'm pretty sure you can hack so you can see the messages being sent, and also sent messages that seems to come from another location.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.