[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did French people start eating snails?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: cdb727f9.png (806KB, 969x354px) Image search: [Google]
cdb727f9.png
806KB, 969x354px
Were they learned how to eat snails by China?
>>
up
>>
It might actually tasty good who knows, I'd give it a try.
>>
>>70817572
Romans were eating snails, Italians still do, we do too.
From about the same time, in Europe and the Mediterranean sea, sailors used to keep lots of snails in jars in their ship, so they always had fresh meat to eat. Don't ask me how they cooked them.
Gauls were already eating them too, but I don't know when or how it started.
>>
>>70820106
Have you ever eaten escargot? Can you describe the taste/texture?
>>
>shrimp/squid/octopus/eel/etc.
>"oh my god so tasty, a delicious meal!"

>snail/grasshopers/etc.
>"oh my god so disgusting, who would eat that!?"

talk about hypocrisy
>>
I went to New Caledonia and had snails there. They're actually so good, I'd eat them often if I knew a place around here that had them.
>>
>>70820136
had it once at a wedding for a rich family member
kinda gelatinous but good; lots of garlic
>>
>>70820136
Like bit sour, between hard texture and soft liquid
>>
>>70820136
The meat itself is pretty bland. It doesn't lend itself to any one flavor too much and is pretty easy to like assuming you don't mind chewey meat. Garlic and butter form the bulk of what you'll be tasting. The meat itself is pretty absorbent too, like lobster or crab- so it absorbs the butter well.

Basically think crab with a more chewey texture and less sweet taste.
>>
>>70820136
the taste itself is quite meh, thawhy we put so much garlic, basilic and butter in it.

I only eat them in special occasions with family, in winter when it's comfy
never order in a restaurant
>>
What's better, snails or frogs?
>>
>>70820193
>shrimp/squid/octopus/eel/etc.
totally normal edible foods for humankind or mammals

>snail/grasshopers/etc.
absolutely disgusting shit only birds and frogs eat

You chink have no human sense
>>
File: Palaemon_serratus_Croazia.jpg (199KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Palaemon_serratus_Croazia.jpg
199KB, 640x480px
>>70820430
this is what shrimp actually looks like when it's alive you moron

Now tell, in very precise detail, how the fuck is eating pic related inherently better than eating grasshoppers or snails?
>>
>>70820364
I fancy frog legs more, they're eaten fried and taste a bit like chicken. Snails are meh, it only tastes as good as the sauce you cook them with.
>>
>>70820532
Mississippian here, frog legs are fucking tasty and you don't need a shit ton of sauce and spices to make it taste good. Whenever I mention this up north everyone gets so disgusted by the thought of eating something that isn't raised on a farm.
>>
File: 4be8f9e6-s.jpg (62KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
4be8f9e6-s.jpg
62KB, 600x338px
>>70820430
snails are like clams on land
grasshoppers are like shrimps on land

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g07-0zzFSwY
>>
>>70821233
I've never understood it either, I ate fried crickets and fried scorpion once and they weren't that bad. I Think people are just picky eaters general.
>>
File: tumblr_nwe6eorREQ1stcl7xo1_1280.jpg (270KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwe6eorREQ1stcl7xo1_1280.jpg
270KB, 1280x1280px
>>70820430
>tfw no snail sushis

JIRO PLEASEĀ§
>>
>>70819900
It doesn't. I've been served escargots before and it's disgusting, the texture made me gag and had to swallow them without chewing to finish my plate.
>>
>>70821509
They're a little slippery, but tasty, really
>>
>>70821509
>>70821640
You're supposed to cook them ffs :^)
Try a cornet of fries and escargots mixed together.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.