[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions for Chileans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: pinochet-helicopters.jpg (21KB, 540x402px) Image search: [Google]
pinochet-helicopters.jpg
21KB, 540x402px
Chileans, tell me this:
1) what were your experiences with Pinochet's regime and/or what's your opinion of him?
2) is communism still a thing in Chile?
>>
>>70692099
i doubt any chilean posting on 4chan was born when Pinochet was still ruling, latvbro
>>
>>70692099
he ruled Chile 'til 1990 anon, most of anons here were too young back then to remember shit
>>
>>70692301
>>70692397
OK, but I'd like opnions then, maybe some experiences in the family idk
>>
>>70692099
>1) what were your experiences with Pinochet's regime and/or what's your opinion of him?

cons:
-comited too many excesses agains the poor
-divided society extremely
-left an extractionist economic model
-gave our resources to the multinationals
-brought globalization

pros:

-made the casts system a little less important
-defended the country against argie expansionism
-the country was safe (kinda)
.-he wanted good things for chile

he knew the shit that was going to happen tho:

“Aquí van a aparecer dos o seis imperios del dinero, que lo manejarán ellos (...) por consiguiente, a la larga, como apunta el General Mendoza, controlarán el Estado. Eso es lo peligroso. No será ahora, sino que con el tiempo. En ocho o diez años tendrán al país en sus manos”

"Here two or six money empires will appear, which will be handled by them (elites) ... therefore, in the long run, as General Mendoza points out, they will control the state. That is dangerous. It will not be now, but over time. In eight or ten years they will have the country in their hands "

>2) is communism still a thing in Chile?

there is a party called communist party, but it's only the name, other than that communism is only a meme for teenagers
>>
Would a Pinochet regime allow the artistic freedom for Chilean masterpieces such as Los Simpsons to come to fruition?
>>
File: images.jpg (36KB, 495x415px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
36KB, 495x415px
>>70692550
>"Here two or six money empires will appear, which will be handled by them (elites) ... therefore, in the long run, as General Mendoza points out, they will control the state. That is dangerous. It will not be now, but over time. In eight or ten years they will have the country in their hands"
beatification when
>>
parents says it was the greatest time of chile
>>
parents says it was the worse time of chile
>>
parents says it was meh
>>
>>70692722
>>70693013
>>70693200
all of them were right
>>
>>70692099
1) I was like 3 when he was ousted, so my memories aren't really useful, but in my opinion he did a lot of good, he defended the country from foreign invasions, he brought about a huge economic development that got us through both global recessions relatively unscathed at the time (with US help of course), whether you agree with Friedman and the Chicago school or not the effects are pretty clear when you compare Chile with the rest of SA, the main downside being the large class divide and excessive privatization (social security is private here for example), but the benefits being economic development and investment in a historically poor and barren region, which were also helped by his key investments in infrastructure. I also find his "helicopter rides" justified, instead of having to fight uprisings and civil wars he took out key people and kept the peace, I'm not saying I like it or anything, but if the decision is between 3k violent communists and a civil war the choice is obvious, specially when you see the rest of SA. I don't see him as a saint however, as much as people in /pol/ praise him the guy embezzled a lot of money and clearly played into foreign lobbyist plans.
2) still very much a thing, specially among college students.
>>
Jew puppet
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.