[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didnt the US nuke Germany?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: FO4_Intro_slide_5.jpg (402KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FO4_Intro_slide_5.jpg
402KB, 1920x1080px
I mean, they were the biggest threat after all..(made me think)
>>
>>70633678
No need. By '44 Germany was already beaten.
>>
>>70633678
It wasn't ready yet. The first successful test was conducted in the mid-July '45. Germany surrendered two months before that.
>>
Nukes are a hoax
>>
it has to do with what america wanted to do with japan because of the division of europe with the soviets

america had to give the final battle of berlin to the soviets because we had to play nice, little did the soviets know that the us had an ace trick regarding japan, the soviet invasion of manchuria was the signal to play the card
>>
Germany were reasonable from the very beginning. All that the allies had to do if they wanted to end the war was to accept one of the 30 peace offerings that Germany sent
>>
Muh heritage ofc
>>
>>70634139
from what i know, russians knew before truman you had nukes
>>
>>70633678
Germany surrendered before the nukes were operational.

The Trinity test was 16. July, 1945.
Germany signed the surrender at 7. May, 1945.

They would have been nuked if they could prolong the war for a few more months.
>>
>>70634431
knowing is not the same thing as seeing
>>
>>70633835
/thread
>>
Cause theyre white
>>
If only they had captured Hitler alive and made him watch Berlin get vaporised
>>
>>70634432
Defeating Germany was a priority. Japan could wait a couple months.
>>
>>70635206
The real question is.. would they have killed him or imprisoned for life?
>>
>>70635316
should've had him killed in Red Square for the ultimate humiliation
>>
>>70635316
Churchill got a brand new electric chair brought for him from America.
>>
>>70635206
You sound mad and a bit melancholic. Did any of your relatives die fighting the German warmachine?
>>
File: Alaska_Death_Trap.jpg (178KB, 800x1034px) Image search: [Google]
Alaska_Death_Trap.jpg
178KB, 800x1034px
>>70633678
At least they treated them as human beings. but at that time, Nip were treated like animals by U.S. so atomic bomb is dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
that's why we had independent either.
>>
>>70633678
more like why the us didn't nuke the japanese emperor and Tokyo.
I think it would have been better because it would made more damages.
>>
>>70635553
if they did that, japan couldn't have surrendered. who knows what would have happened after that.. i heard the japanese civilans had guns (like in the US) to protect themselves from a potential invasion
>>
>>70635735
>guns
more like bamboo spear
>>
>>70633678
By the time the tech was done, germany was already done.
>>
>>70635735
>>70637587
yeah they definitely didn't. Firearms wouldn't wasted on random villagers and they certainly wouldn't have had their own from before the war erupted.
>>
>>70633678
Year of our lord of 2017! still believes in atomic weapons
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.