[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do they autistically insist that macaroni does not equal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: italija_si.jpg (56KB, 510x500px) Image search: [Google]
italija_si.jpg
56KB, 510x500px
Why do they autistically insist that macaroni does not equal pasta? It's become a synonym, deal with it. Madon!
>>
>Rim
>>
>>70554818
>Francija
>>
>>70554863
>>70554946
We don't post enough maps in our languages desu, it's a good way to trigger people

at least I get triggered when I hear names like Venaja and Vokeitija, and I don't even know why
>>
>>70554818
>Malta
>>
>Rim
>Francija
>Svica
>Avstrija

hahaha, what a funny language
>>
>>70556880
>Svica

It's a Š, which represents one of the most common sounds in Portuguese, actually (I think you write it as X).
>>
>>70554818
MACCHERONI ARE A FUCKING KIND OF PASTA AMONG MANY OTHERS

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO LEARN YOU FUCKING MONGOLOIDS

STOP WITH THIS FUCKING BLASPHEMY DIO LADRO
>>
>>70556955
Euro Portuguese. At the end of words. Most Brazilian dialects use the regular "s" sound instead.
>>
File: 1334352648946.jpg (4KB, 212x251px) Image search: [Google]
1334352648946.jpg
4KB, 212x251px
>>70554818
>organize a heist at the Vatican with a Slovenian jewel thief
>he keeps calling it "the Rim job"
>>
>>70554818
*bada bings*

EYY FUCKOUTTAHERE U COCKSUCKING POLAK
>>
>>70558724
I mean, they do use the X sound in the middle of words (either X or CH), but it's no more common than other sounds like it is up here because they don't use it for every word ending in 's' like we do.
>>
>>70558650
MACCARONI IS NO PASTA MACCARONI ARE A FEATHER IN A HAT
>>
>>70558724
Haha, I can't believe some of you westerners are unable to see the difference between Š and S (the caron mark above the S).

š - s

westerners overlook it because they're not used to seeing it and subconsciously substitute it for what they know, I guess
>>
>>70558895
our X can be pronounced in like 3 or 4 ways:

'z' -> exacto (exactly)
'sh' -> xadrez (chess)
'cs' -> inexorável (inexorable)

'ex' -> changes from esh to eish (excelente)

etc etc

the best sound for Š would be "ch" (sh), since it's less ambiguous.
>>
>>70559118
thanks for the info, it ought to come in handy some day
>>
>>70559116
I still read it as "S", because I'm not used to the accent, even if I know the sound. Same thing with the Czech and Polish "Cz". I know how to read it, but it's not immediate.

>>70559194
The final 's' in plurals is also not as full as the english 'sh'. It's much shorter and towards the tip of the tongue, whereas the the X or ch in the middle of words is a bit longer.

Xadrez (here the z is as short as that s I was talking about) has both sounds, and most people don't even notice it, with the first being longer than the last.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.