[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Russians regret this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: ak-physical_lg.jpg (609KB, 2500x1774px) Image search: [Google]
ak-physical_lg.jpg
609KB, 2500x1774px
Do Russians regret this?
>>
>>70528083
Only if they have no knowledge of history
>>
Russia would have lost Alaska one way or another. By selling it to the USA, they prevented the UK from taking it. Any Russian who has half a brain does not regret this. No matter what, Russia would not have retained control of Russia. By selling it to the US, they kept it out of British hands and made some money from it.
>>
>>70528083
Why would we?
Russia had more territory then it could control.
We was in good relationship with USA and of you ask me - it's better States than Brits.
>>
>>70528251
We found gold
>>
>>70528353
and oil
and coal
and iron
>>
>>70528353
Yea and Jack London wrote some nice novels about it. If Alaska went to Brits we prolly neither have money neither decent literature.
>>
>>70528171
The only way I can see Russia possibly retaining Alaska is if the US was successful at annexing Canada and kicking the British out of North America
>>
File: merica.jpg (73KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
merica.jpg
73KB, 600x600px
>>70528083
Of course. Landgrabbing is in our blood.
>>
There is actually a Russian speaking minority in Alaska still, and 1.4% of Alaskans are of Russian descent. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolaevsk,_Alaska

Also, some of the native Americans in Alaska are Russian Orthodox Christians because Russian missionaries converted them.

Kinda interesting desu.
>>
>>70528646
pay á´™eparations
>>
Supposedly Britain wanted California as well which was why US rushed to grab it from Mexico.
>>
File: russian-gold-zones.png (175KB, 1050x750px) Image search: [Google]
russian-gold-zones.png
175KB, 1050x750px
>>70528353

There's 4 times more gold in Baikal region (let alone all the rest places) than it has been recovered in whole Alaska for 150 years.

>>70528415

We have shittons of natural resources, but no possibitity to extract and use most of them.
>>
>>70528504
Then they would have gone for Alaska just to finish taking the entire north.

Alaska was lost from the very beginning.
>>
>>70528353
>>70528415
And to get any use of it they have to ship the infrastructure and personnel to extract those goods across thousands of miles of Siberia and then across the north pacific and possibly the Bering Sea as well and then somehow get the produced goods out of Alaska. Which, at the time, was still chock full of some of the scariest indians on the whole damn continent.

It was a logistical nightmare and a military vulnerability and they'd eventually have lost it to someone else anyway and gotten either nothing for their trouble or pennies on the dollar.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.