[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do the Turks wish so much to be considered European? Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 1484153514224.jpg (156KB, 1000x787px) Image search: [Google]
1484153514224.jpg
156KB, 1000x787px
Why do the Turks wish so much to be considered European?
Why not come to terms with the fact that the affairs of Europe are very different from the affairs of Anatolia.
And that their culture is very detached from any other European culture, including the Greeks and the Balkans, whom they have ruled over for quite some time.

Anyone care to shed some light on the subject?
>>
Turkey is Europe and should be in EU
>>
>>70509414
Turkey is objectively more European than Finland, in terms of historical relevance and impact on European culture.
>>
>>70509414
we dont want to be considered yuropean. Its a M E M E.

Only cucks want to be european
>>
why would lebanese people come here that pic doesn't make much sense
>>
>>70509745
I would hardly call Finland scandanavian in the first place.
Finland is only considered European bacause it was a vassal of Sweden for so long.

The Ottomans, on the other hand have ruled over mostly Asian and African land
>>
Is that Ben "the one man klan" Garrisons work?
>>
Only north and Western Europe are real Europeans. The rest are Arab fucks
>>
>>70509863
We were never labelled Scandinavian because that would be an exaggaration. Therefore they had to construct a "Nordic" pseudoidentity as part of the European integration policy.
>>
>>70509768
Not OP but you're saying that it's just a bunch of idiots in Turkey that are obsessed with being considered European? The rest just don't give a shit either way.
>>
>>70509414
Because Greeks are considered European therefore it only makes sense that Turks are considered European too since they are the exact same people.
>>
>>70509868
in that case why just lebanon specifically?
>>
>>70509414
>Somalia
>Ethiopia shape

Holy fuck
>>
If Italians, Greeks, and spaniards are considered European why can't turkey be?
>>
>>70509414
Inferiority complex, they have this picture of the noble warrior cultivated in their brain from all the propaganda they've been feeding them.

So it's only logical they're European in their head, since being European means being civilized.
>>
>doesn't maintain borders the way they are
>doesn't completely puzzle together Europe from 3rd world countries
shit comic
>>
>>70510181
Europe was a term invented by Napoleon to describe his domain, right?

And he got that name from the mythological queen of crete
>>
>>70510745
Not all Americans are completely ignorant when it comes to European history. It's really my favorite subject
>>
>>70511037
Oh, no problem.

Although I wasn't the guy that posted the "only Northern Europeans are real Europeans" comment.

I'm OP
>>
>>70511222
In what way?
>>
>>70509414
Nobody is giving you a serious answer, so I'll do it.
A century ago after the collapse of the ottoman empire Turkey was politically divided in two, between a more secular side looking to europe as a model and a traditional islamic middle eastern side.
The former won with ataturk shaping the nation, but they knew it was kind of artificial, and to keep hardcore muslims at bay their descendants tried to join the european union hoping that doing so would force Turkey to remain anchored to the western world and its values.
They have already lost, so it's not a real issue anymore, now it's mostly economical.
>>
>>70509414
Is this an unedited Ben comic?
>>
>>70511622
Interesting. What factor/event do you think really ended their try at EU membership?
>>
>>70511876
Kemalists hate imperialism and see the EU as an extension of America.
To them Turkey joining the NATO was one of their greatest mistakes.
Dumb religious peasants on the other hand want to be a proper middle eastern shithole so they're not too interested in Europe I suppose.
>>
we europe
>>
>>70511876
The fact they were not seen as european, and rightly so.
It's not just the religion, even it's a big part, it's the whole culture which isn't european to begin with.
Basically no one wanted them.
>>
>prussia
What did ben mean by this?
>>
>>70511876
Obviously Erdogan.
Some time ago he teemed up with Gulen, who's an islamist. Erdo is islamist lite.
They fucked over the secularists and Erdo got established politically as the strongest.
The west cheered Erdogan coz they're out of touch and don't know shit or don't care. He was very praised in the press.
The gulen thing reacently went sour and Erdo wants him dead, but the damage was already done, Gulen made the
Islamist faction very strong.

>>70511856
Ja.
>>
>>70511622
EU membership has less to do with ideological reasons and a lot more to do with economical reasons. hence why we don't care about it so much nowadays (including everyone except total west wanna-bes)
>>70511876
the fact that we would become the 4th/5th major country in the union (which no country in EU wants) coupled with us being muslim and "foreign conquerors" yadda yadda
>>
>>70509414
>Why do the Turks wish so much to be considered European?
we don't
>Why not come to terms with the fact that the affairs of Europe are very different from the affairs of Anatolia.
it is
>And that their culture is very detached from any other European culture, including the Greeks and the Balkans, whom they have ruled over for quite some time.
this is not true
>>
File: whocoulditbe.png (50KB, 453x557px) Image search: [Google]
whocoulditbe.png
50KB, 453x557px
>>70509414
>Belgium gains clay
>>
We don't want to be considered European you dumb American. It's really cute that you get all your knowledge about Turkey in 4chan and CNN but no, we don't. Shut the fuck up. I'm sick of you cunt pretend like you know everything. Fucking 60%ers.
>>
>>70510261
>being European means being civilized
Dumb poor fucking gayreek do you actually believe this?
We are more civilized and more developed than our western neighbors
>>70510152
>Italy
>Africa shape
Holy shit
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.