[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was the most important Roman emperor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

Who was the most important Roman emperor?
>>
octavian
>>
>>70486918
Arguably yes, but Octavian was only made possible by Julius Caesar
>>
I. Theodosius
>Convert the Empire to Christianism
II. Theodosius
>Made fucking walls to delay the conquest.
>>
>>70486964
The most important Roman Emperor was Suleiman the Magnificent
>>
>>70486951
that's not relevant to the question doe
>>
File: 1484782015780.png (148KB, 327x338px) Image search: [Google]
1484782015780.png
148KB, 327x338px
>>70486889

The one that thought it was a good idea to convert the empire to Judiasm 2.0, aka Christianity.
>>
Nero
>>
Augustus, pretty much by definition.

Honorable mentions to Caracalla (universal citizenship omg so progressive) and Marcus Aurelius (dynastic succession) for ruining everything.
>>
You morons it was clearly julius caeser
>>
There are quite a lot. Maybe Constantine though

>>70488032
>Honorable mentions to Caracalla (universal citizenship omg so progressive)
That was a move to bolster the armies and weaken the senatorial nobility. A shitty retarded move though
>>
>>70486889
You're all wrong, iIt's Elagabalus.
>>
>>70486889
Todd McFarlanes animation is top tier
>>
>>70487656
Came to post Constantine
>>
Heliogabalus
>>
>>70486951
>>70489799
Caesar was not an emperor
>>
>>70492485
I thought caesar was title
>>
>>70492660
It became a title after caesar's death.
>>
>>70489799
>dictator
>emperor
>>
>>70486889
Trajan, Constantine, Justinian... Some of the best!
>>
>>70486889
augustus
severus
diocletian
not sure about eastern rome though
>>
>>70489931

"That was a move to bolster the armies and weaken the senatorial nobility."

Oh I know, it's just one those things that looks like a just idea at first glance but then...

Also, I like the variant translation of "caesar" as "curly", especially considering its use as a title.

>-"My father is dead, I shall ascend the throne as Curly!"
>-"Traitor! Deceiver! Is is *I* who is the rightful Curly!"
>>
>>70486889
Trajan or Hadrian. Yes, only because they were from here
>>
>>70493400
And alll romanian :^)
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.