[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious Gibraltar thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: gibraltar-monos.jpg (36KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
gibraltar-monos.jpg
36KB, 575x323px
What's the future for Gibraltar?

They want to be brittish, but strongly want to remain in the EU. Gibraltar outside the EU would become kind of a ghetto quickly turning poor and isolated.

But being brittish implies leaving the EU. What's their options?

Remaining brittish, becoming a ghetto?

They won't rejoin Spain under any situation. So that's not an option.

Could Gibraltar declare independence from the UK, and stay in the EU as a independent nation? Wouldn't it be dangerous in terms of military invasion?

Becoming an associated US state maybe?

Like, fuck, Gibraltar is really fucked right now.
>>
>>70259608
I was there a few weeks ago. An absolute shithole. Jesus christ everything was so worn down. Banks and jews everywhere as well.
>>
coulden't be any worse than spains economy tbqh
>>
Britain won't let it go. Worst case scenario England pumps money into it.
>>
>>70259608
>Could Gibraltar declare independence from the UK
Unlikely
Their economy is too small to be able to live without the UK
>>
Spanish rightful clay.
>>
>britain give Hong Kong back to China
>won't give Gibraltar back to Spain

Why
>>
Gibraltar will never return to Spain on their free will because being a tax heaven goes really well to their economy, when Britain finally leaves the EU they will have to pump their economy because I'm sure that there will be a phisical frontier with costums that will end their contraband business, when that happens things will turn sour for both countries.
>>
File: 1484159237140.png (964KB, 1215x741px) Image search: [Google]
1484159237140.png
964KB, 1215x741px
with brexit who really knows
>>
>>70264803
We only agreed to give Hong Kong back because we signed a 99 year lease with China, and when the lease was coming around to the expiration date, there was no way we would have been able to defend it in case of a Chinese invasion

When we took Gibraltar, it was just signed over to us
>>
>>70264803
Because our treaty with China stipulated that it was to be returned...

The Treaty in which Spain signed over Gibralter clearly stated that it was in perpetuity...

But then they got second thoughts about it and UK said "No Backsies"
>>
>>70264803
China is a superpower one of the biggest economies in the world.

We not.
>>
>>70264696
>what are tax havens
>>
>>70259608
Well you see we wanted a source of salt to put on our fish and chips, so what better source of salt than a slice of spanish clay?
>>
>>70265256
Tax havens of today have a larger population than Gibraltar, or are British Overseas Territory or Crown Dependencies
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.