[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Lang/ language thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 25

File: tu bait es horrible.png (614KB, 728x494px) Image search: [Google]
tu bait es horrible.png
614KB, 728x494px
>What language are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Find people to train your language with!

>Language learning resources:
http://4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_/int/_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

http://www.duolingo.com/
>Duolingo is a free language-learning platform that includes a language-learning website and app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam. Duolingo offers all its language courses free of charge.

>>>/t/746368
>Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30+ languages.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#
>Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages.

https://fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/oldfsi/index.html
>Drill based courses with text and audio.The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) is the United States federal government's primary training institution for employees of the U.S. foreign affairs community.These courses are all in public domain and free to download.Site may go down sometimes but you can search for fsi on google and easily find a mirror.

https://www.memrise.com/
>Free resource to learn vocabulary, nice flash cards.

https://lingvist.com/
>It's kinda like Clozemaster in the sense that you get a sentence and have to fill in the missing word, also has nice statistics about your progress, grammar tips and more information about a word (noun gender, verb aspects for Russian, etc.)

ankisrs.net/
>A flash card program

https://www.clozemaster.com/languages
>Clozemaster is language learning gamification through mass exposure to vocabulary in context.Can be a great supplementary tool, not recommended for absolute beginners.

https://tatoeba.org/eng/
>Tatoeba is a collection of sentences and translations with over 300 hundred languages to chose from.
>>
I knew it was a mistake. you can only talk so much about something
>>
I am a native speaker of the valencian variation of the catalan language and I will answer all of your questions in case you have any
>>
>>70259943
I wish I had any, but I only learned spanish. Are the idioms really close between the languages you know like things such as dar por, dar en, dar a, etc.
>>
>>70260087
It's as close as any western romance language is, with some loanwords because of being a part of spain

Concretely, most of those "dar" spanish uses aren't used with that verb in valencian, f.ex:

"Dar asco" (being disgusting, literally "to give disgust")
"Fer fàstic" (being disgusting, literally "to do disgust"

The verb "dar" is "donar", similar to french donner and used in the same ways.
>>
Can anyone tell me how good "Cafe in Berlin" is as a tool for getting the feel of sentence structure in German? I will be using other tools for grammar and vocab.

I translated the first story so far.
>>
hi
>>
>>70260550
That's neat. How much french influence is there? Do you use catalan more everyday or spanish?
>>70260742
high anon
>>70260690
I have never used it. Is it like those story type games like off DW.org?
>>
>>70260996
There are a lot of french similarities, but not influences I'd say.

I speak catalan mostly in daily life and spanish when internet/formal/unknown people
>>
>>70259094
KKK
E
K
>>
>>70263672
oh boy there goes the neighborhood
>>
Russian vs Persian?
>>
>>70265030
depends on what you and to do with it and what you like. There are a lot of Iranians in the Uk, no?
>>
>>70265213

Part of my problem is that i dont have a solid reason to learn any language.
>>
(o við línu kann eg ikki skriva á /int/ so eg brúki ö)

Góðan dagin öll /int/-menn og -konur, eg prövi at skriva á föroyskum í 2. ferði, og eg veit at tað er ikki so godt men eg má böta á onkran hátt. Í dag var eg í kirkjuni tí í dag er sunnudagur. Har hoyri eg eitthvort frá kirkjutosarinum.
>>
>>70266782
I believe everyone does. It opens you to talking to others and giving you something to do. Also, studies show that being bilingual retards neural degeneration.
>>
>>70267226
>Also, studies show that being bilingual retards neural degeneration.

Nice garden path sentence :Þ
>>
File: communist_tetan_flag.png (17KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
communist_tetan_flag.png
17KB, 2000x1000px
Here is the server for the Sajem Tan language:

https://discord.gg/5Y8Zj4N
>>
>>70259880
Generals are probably a bad idea in general.

We need to create an anti-general discussion movement to prevent it from becoming incestuous 4chanized subreddits.
>>
>>70268310
so maybe we should just take away the name field ? Or,we could change it few bit. But then again I knew since the beginning that languages threads usually hang on the edge between dying and living because most here stay in their own generals instead of going to threads like this one.
>>70267517
sorry, I often do it since it saves up time and space writing like that
>>
>>70268310
>>70268587
I think if the general is about actually learning something or helping others, instead of discussion of something, it won't spiral into cancer realm.There are many generals on 4chan across all kinds of boards and while most are just """entertainment""" there are few out there which are actually useful and help people.But that's just my observation, I don't know nothing.
>>
>>70271237
this general is good and useful. country generals are the ones that need to go
>>
>>70271237
I have learned a shit ton from the spanish speakers on here vs going on any spanish general because there isnt that whole flag issue and memeing that comes with being an american speaking spanish on a neutral general.
>>70271485
this. It is fun most of the time, but the majority of the time it is just another random with flags
>>
umb
>>
>>70259094
Question to spanish learners and spanish speaking people: ¿Cuáles son tus fuentes de noticias en español?
>>
spanish
>>
>>70275131
>>70275763
En cuanto a mí no me gustan porque son una mierda y pagan por los políticos. Pero a veces escucho a CNN y soy un oyente de ESPN también.
>>
>>70276326
>CNN
>ESPN
The spanish speaking ones?
>>
>>70268310
>>70268587
>>70271237
>>70271485
>>70271692

Literally filter the ones you don't like, it's not rocket science.
>>
>>70276623
yes
>>
>>70276888
k
>>
>>70276888
I just dont go to them except cum and esp, but even then I go less and less. But still, when I think about it, maybe it is nice to have containment
>>
>>70276964
The same talks led in /cum/ are led in /ex-yu/. AS someone who speaks decent Spanish, I know for a fact that /ex-yu/, no matter how cretinous, is much better than /esp/ and /ita/ for a fact. Though every general is better than /brit/

Generals in general (heh) are a bad solution for your containment, though the only good one in this environment, I agree
Just don't go there to learn languages. Rare are the people who won't "shitposting" you "out" with their nonsense. I don't even remember when this exclusivism started, that we created an allergy to responding to foreigners, as if we were cast in solid gold and our threads/conversations are patent worthy
>>
>>70276889
Thanks
>>
>>70277181
we must start the invasion movement
>>
>>70277181
shitpost*
your containment issue*
>>
>>70277241
>>70277241
What invasion movement? I use this board mainly to vegetate. I have no interest in spending my energy "fighting" for a general-free /int/.... Entering generals and going back and forth with these imbeciles is futility personified
>>
>>70277246
>>70277181
True the problem with esp is that it kinds turns into r9k or franco vs the republicans depending on the thread. And you are right. It is a waste doing anything. I do miss that colombian proxy anon from cali as he helped me a lot. Now I go to other sites like hispa, but hispachan makes lat and esp seem like lit on a good day. Nothing but 12 year olds being edgy and fucking creepos that need to be hanged from trees.
Do you go to other IBs or sites anon?
>>
>>70277594
I don't even visit newsportals or imageboards...
Hm...If I want to learn a language, I simply use applications and grammar books. Joined the telegram group recently, that being my only great exclusions of the aforementioned, but we did make it an /int/ in a smaller, more fast paced environment. Can't blame us, /int/ is its bitter, sad and (latently) narcissistic people
>>
>>70277831
Damn, you are saying the hard earnest truth, but do you do use sites to voice talk like pen pal exchanges or whatnot?
>>
>>70259094
What do you faggots think of Bable Yak for learning to speak Russian?
>>
>>70277896
No. I feel confident enough to speak to people, what's more, I prefer it, but I have bad experience with these websites. Usually people get too entangled and invested in the other's life, you understand. Three situations where it turned in the wrong direction (my fault, their fault, it doesn't matter) and several others, where the conversations wattered down, turned to everyday banality like Facebook status chats. It's people. Everyone is sad, happy, worried, relieved, conflicted, resolute...can't expect them to remain on this singular path of language learning and constant processing...but in the end I do

A drone would be preferable, or someone asexual, a talking plant...
>>
>>70278135
Well okay then. I guess I will keep up with just talking in person in Spanish then. Thanks for the input.
>>70278135
No clue. I dont speak Russian nor use that site and sadly, you missed the two anons that usually do speak it.
>>
>>70278305
Missed? They v&?
>>
I learned 2 languages by myself ask me anything
>>
File: uberalles.png (6KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
uberalles.png
6KB, 1280x768px
Are any of you guys native German speakers or trying to learn German? I'd like to add someone on Skype (text only) to help me practice. Also give me a heads up if there's some sort of Skype group chat in German already going.
>>
>>70278430
Which ones? How? Are you fluent, in both written and spoken? How long did it take? What advice would you give to others learning a language?
>>
>>70278471
I'd help you.
But you chose the wrong flag.
>>
>>70278471
how about discord
>>
>>70259094
Be honest /int/: you miss him, don't you? Even if you hated him there's a part of you that misses his child-like wonder.
>>
>>70278545
I can give you American lessons if you're not gonna be a dickbag about it
>>
>>70278344
hell no, they posted earlier and most likely will not be back because it is pretty late in their countries
>>
File: 1359960426768.jpg (84KB, 469x746px) Image search: [Google]
1359960426768.jpg
84KB, 469x746px
>>70278651
>can't even take a light-hearted joke over the Internet
>>
>>70278474
>Which ones?
French and Spanish
>Are you fluent, in both written and spoken?
On French yes, on Spanish, written only. I still am working on it.
>How long did it take?
Around 1.5 years for French before I could finally confidently say I could live in a purely French environment. It's been 3 years now.
For Spanish, I've only been working on it for a year, so not yet.
>What advice would you give to others learning a language?
Make sure to study everyday, but not too much. More than 2 hours and the information won't really stick. Also, don't just rely on one source.
>>
>>70278642
I realized he was just an innocent kid that got bullied by dad and jeb to do their dirty work. He seems lighthearted a bit
>>
>>70278747
>bullied by jeb
>>
>>70278742
How did you study vocab?
>>
>>70278703
wanna go m8
>>
>>70278563
I've never tried it but just made one
>>
>>70279087
it is what all the people are using these days on this website.

this is the /lang/ room
discord.gg/9QpFR
>>
>>70278742
Neat, thanks for enlightening me. I must say you're lucky to be in a country where you have easy access to a Francophone environment, I'm jealous. Also, why Spanish? I'm not gonna judge you, but that's a curious choice for a Canadian.
>>
>>70279020
Good question. I didn't. All I did was immerse myself in the target language with music and movies and stuff. If I didn't understand a word, I'd look it up. Then I'll eventually come across it again and again until it's embedded unto my brain.

>>70279162
Well, because I like it, and my heritage is Spanish. Wouldn't want to dishonor my ancestors by not being able to speak it.
>>
File: 1478160547685.gif (349KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
1478160547685.gif
349KB, 350x233px
>>70279595
>>
>>70279639
this does not apply here
>>
Am I supposed to feel like I'm making progress? Because I'm reading a textbook and I don't feel like I'm making much progress.
>>
>>70281092
You make progress even without realising it. It can be frustrating to not feel like you're getting anything out of it, and indeed if you're not being challenged, you need to step it up a bit (as for how, I can't say). Immerse yourself. Listen. Read. Talk. Find a foreign community. Don't just use one source. What matters is that you maintain a constant study habit.
>>
>>70279595
That's interesting. I'm studying Russian right now, which sort of requires me to know a bunch of words and grammar before immersion. I have a book which will teach me all of the grammat, along with 1500 words. From there, I plan to watch movies/TV/videos, and read some news articles.
>>
>>70281092
you will get to a point where words will be second nature and you wont even need the textbook
>>
>>70276888
Filters don't fix the problem; they hide them.
>>
I haven't been able to complete a single strengthen skills without getting at least one wrong on duolingo. Is this normal or is my memory just shit?
>>
File: _p.png (139KB, 1696x3608px) Image search: [Google]
_p.png
139KB, 1696x3608px
>>
>>70259094
Since you all are learning languages, maybe I can ask you.

Can anyone here read the international phonetic alphabet?

If so, could you recite this?

/snym.mɛt kɛ ɬnʌm znok.ɑ snɵ ɬet kem.fɛ dɤts di.vom kem ʒæ.sik.ʒɛ met.fɛ dɤts di.vom.vmɛ don.ɑ kɛ ɮɵ.ɑ.kɑm tœ.ɮnon znim tœ.ɮnon.vɑ gɤɬim.um.sun ʎi.dok kɛ ʎœk.ʒut.um.sun ʃœ.ʃœn ɮɵ.vmɛ zæ.θœn.din næ.vnyts ʎi.dok kɛ θe.fæm ʃo.mæk tœ.ɮnon znots.fɛ zæ.θœn væ.ɬnɤm.fɛ tœ.ɮnon kɛ si.mem.ʒut.fɛ.sun di.vom zɤt ʎi.dok.vmɛ ʒe.tæm znots.fɛ ki.ʒɤt ʒʌ.ʒʌm.fɛ ki.ʒɤt ɮɵ.vmɛ ki.ʒɤt.din sœn dɛ.ɑ.vmɛ sæ.ʎem tæn fmy.vʌk.fɛ.ʎɑk ki.ʒɤt.din dæ.θnyts.fɛ θe.fnom dɛ.ɑ.vmɛ sæ.ʎem tæn ʒe.ʎɤn.mun.fɛ θe.fnom tyk zɵ ve.snen.ɛt ɮɵ ʃæ.ʃots.fɛ fnit xyt du.ɑ.kɑm kæ.syn.ʃɵ sin du.ɑ sæ.ʎem tæn ʃæ.ʃots.um xyt dɛ.ɑ.vmɛ mom tæ.znon tæn.ɮɤts.fɛ xyt du.ɑ dɤ.dot.fɛ θe.fæm næ.vnyts vi.θit/
>>
>English is as close to polish as it is to Hindi
>>
>>70267116
Hvar er foroy-kun
>>
>>70283656
Absolutely, over time it'll get better as you do more "strengthen skills"
>>
>>70284723
I can't, I don't think most people use that to learn how to pronounce things
>>
File: wojak.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
>tfw listening to some Bosnian radio station and the perfect song is playing but I can't understand anything and will probably never hear it again.

http://radio.garden/
>>
>>70284723
no clue whatsoever
>>70283656
duo system is just annoying like that, so yes.
>>
>>70290602
Record and Shazam it you Turkish pleb
>>
>>70292311
>implying I didn't try that
It gave me something else.
>>
>>70292718
Upload it on YouTube and spam it on Croatian threads until somebody gives you an answer.

Never give up you dirty Turk.
>>
한국어를 배우고 있는 분들이 있나요
>>
>>70292898
lmao, I'll listen again to that station by midnight, surely they repeat the playlist right.
>>
>>70292921

네.한국어 배우는 거 정말 어려워요. 지금 혼자로 배우고 있어요
>>
What do you guys think about music and learning languages? I know a lot of people love it for learning but others say it is bad since most songs are composed of sentence fragments and slang and thus may teach you bad habits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoGnodmxsto
>>
>>70293743
난 학교에서 배웠는데 혼자 어떻게 공부해요? 어려울텐데
>>
>>70293743
>>70294074
>>70292921
語韓語, 自傻也。
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 149x124px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 149x124px
>>70265030
Persian. Fuck anglo scum, we're full.
>>70281238
Fuck off american degenerate, we're full.

Пидopы.
>>
>>70295867
No you are not. Siberia is open, although you will probably freeze to death this time of year.
>>
>>70295867
Пpивeт, кaк дeлa?

Meня Pyccкий нeт хopoшo(((

I want to get better though, you like us Aussies a little more than those yanks, right?
>>
File: пп.png (28KB, 858x262px) Image search: [Google]
пп.png
28KB, 858x262px
>>70296840
>Siberia is open
Good luck then ^_^
>>
>>70297174
meh, that is just a little cool. A few shots of liquor, borsch, long johns and wool will help me!
>>
>>70259094

Any linguaphile completely burned out?

After learning 3 languages I can't even be bothered anymore, it's become boring.

Been thinking of taking up a really difficult language though to keep me interested again, but I've already learned Arabic for 6 years.

Maybe Chinese or Russian
>>
File: 1484910444739.png (66KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
1484910444739.png
66KB, 224x224px
>>
>>70293930
I owe a lot of my early English to Eminem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMhN-hfMtY
>>
>>70275131
CNN más que nada, pero nada más tengo cuidado con las mentiras y noticias sesgadas
>>
>>70299062
That sounds horrible
>>
File: come at me, evolutionists.jpg (125KB, 552x591px) Image search: [Google]
come at me, evolutionists.jpg
125KB, 552x591px
I'm thinking about doing a formal immersion program next month in Spanish. I did ok in high school but that was a decade ago. Has anyone done one before? Anything I should check out before signing up?
>>
>>70267116
Your Faroese is pretty good. It's kind of interesting that you use "pröva" instead of "royna". Pröva is seen a informal nowadays and is slowly being rooted out due to a current ongoing purification-phase in Faroese.
>fyri 2. ferð (fyri aðru ferð)
>góður => gott
Tosari sounds a bit childish, prædikari would be a better word

I recommend using Sprotin
http://sprotin.fo/?p=dictionaries&l=en&_SearchFor=&_SearchDescription=0&_DictionaryId=1&_DictionaryPage=1

You can view the inflection/conjugation/declension by clicking on the small circle

t. Faroe Islander in Denmark
>>
File: 1418089101157.png (119KB, 359x291px) Image search: [Google]
1418089101157.png
119KB, 359x291px
What are the most normie languages to learn? I'm guessing English, French and Spanish are the top contenders.
>>
>>70304516
English > French > Spanish and maybe throw some German in there for the keks
>>
Anyone got Persian/Farsi Pimsleur?
>>
>>70301666
Hvussu ljúðer bókstavurin "ð" a foroyskum?
>>
File: Flag of Texas.png (23KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Flag of Texas.png
23KB, 2000x1333px
Working on
>Lebanese-Arabic
>French
>Taiwanese Mandarin
>Japanese
>Flemish

Any questions?
>>
I've been "I'll start tomorrow"ing spanish for like 3 weeks now

It's just every time I look at a book or resource I find something weird about it, like there's one that made some weird comment like "...and castillian spanish, where one can suppose the best spanish is spoken..." and another that went into future tense regular conjugations as the second thing in the book after present tense, and then there's fsi shit which is scary and people don't seem to like it anyway, I just don't know how to actually START
>>
>>70312827

IKTF bro. I've been doing the same with Russian.
>>
>>70308401
>>Lebanese-Arabic
>>Taiwanese Mandarin
>>Flemish

Why these?
>>
>>70301321
lmao, well that's your opinion m8
>>
>>70259094
I want to listen to the american speech (I do not understand half of the words in talk. Maybe can someone talk slow for me.)

I can talk to u in russian if it help you in learning.

Can add u in skype/ather shit
>>
>>70275131
I have better things to do with my time. If something important happens I will find out anyhow.
>>
>>70308401
Are you just a walking meme or can you actually speak any of those fluently?
>>
>>70297335
take a break. And just enjoy content you like in the languages you know.
Maybe later on you will want to learn more, or maybe, not.
>>
How to intensively learn a language?

I keep seeing people saying they are putting in 3 hours plus a day but outside of intentionally slowing down and spreading out material, at times i struggle to put in one hour.
>>
Is this true?

A notable feature of Persian is the small extent to which it has changed over the thousand years or more of its existence as a literary language. For example, a modern reader should have no difficulty in reading and comprehending the poems of Rudaki, the first Persian poet of note, who died in the year AD 940.
>>
File: 1480014043605.jpg (38KB, 404x637px)
1480014043605.jpg
38KB, 404x637px
Etwas Deutsch Muttersprachler besprechen Mir?

And help with with my grammar?
>>
>>70259094
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#
Are there any english resources in this website? I just can't seem to find english stuff, which makes sense because this is 4chan, but I've been wanting to help my brother with his english lately, any book recommendations for a native spanish speaker?
>>
I want to learn a language
What language should i learn?
I was thinking about korean
>>
>>70318699
indo-european --> germanic
might be useful to learn names of language families and stuff if you ever need to go back there.
>>
>>70318954
wew thanks lad
>>
女曰: 有小鳥者, 小人也。
>>
File: 1484066388680.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1484066388680.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>70318826
REEEE
ANSWER MY QUESTION
>>
>>70319370
>>70318826
Learn ruski comrade :^)
>>
>>70299062
That is cool. I like him as well.
>>70314593
Im not learning russian but I can help
>>
>>70318826
>>70319370
It takes an effort to learn a language. Even when we are excited to do it it's hard... If you aren't sure yourself it doesn't matter what we suggest, you'll ditch it
>>
二美國之時, 北白欲放奴, 南白欲保之。
>>
>>>/s4s/5086816
>>
File: 000651-front-GRAND.jpg (544KB, 651x1024px) Image search: [Google]
000651-front-GRAND.jpg
544KB, 651x1024px
>>70259094
Started Hindustani last week, can't wait for Duolingo to release its Hindi course. I'll probably have a look at Swahili as well, just out of curiosity.
I'm also actively working on my Arabic and Swedish. I can read the last one just fine, but can't understand it at all when spoken.
>>
I've just started learning Russian, about four days back. I just don't understand the difference between этo and этoт. I get that it's a context thing, but I don't see how it works. Could someone clear this up for me?
>>
Tikneki timumachtia ini taketzalis? :3
>>
>>70323179
I'm not learning Russian, but wiktionary makes it look like it might be a grammatical gender thing.
>>
i like this general pls keep creating it TY
>>
>>70308401
>learning arabic, chinese, and japanese

lel unless you're doing this 80 hours per week i wouldn't expect to get fluent in those 3 within 10 years
>>
How much crossover is there between Nip and Chinese?

I'm nowhere near done Jap but I'm think that's my next step if they're similar.
>>
>>70323610
>How much crossover is there between Nip and Chinese?

chinese characters similar meanings completely different pronunciation ++added difficulty of tones meme

grammar is unrelated, chinese is far easier up to a certain point
>>
File: gradient.png (154KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
gradient.png
154KB, 1280x1280px
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0mnbOXdHloP
>>
Hélicoptère
>>
>>70325222
Je fais l'hélicoptère avec ma bite
>>
File: C21ewcsVIAAHxCk.jpg-orig.jpg (22KB, 480x574px) Image search: [Google]
C21ewcsVIAAHxCk.jpg-orig.jpg
22KB, 480x574px
korean

thankfully it has a ton of english loanwords
>>
>>70278545
Do you have any idea how I might go about learning Austrian German?
>>
>>70318201
Do what you do, but do more of it.
>>
>>70323179
Literally just grammatical gender. этo is neuter, этoт is masculine. (There's also этa, feminine; and эти, plural.)
>>
I want to learn German, how hard is it?
I'm fluent in english, portuguese and spanish,
I'm self taught in english and spanish.
can i make it without actually having to take a class? how difficult is to get pronouncing right if i opt by learning alone?
>>
>>70275131
El Pais, hermanito
>>
>>70259943
Hi, brother.

>>70259094
Catalan here (Central variant). I will answer questions, if you have any.
>tfw nobody learns your language
>>
>>70326548
>>70323261
So, are этoт and этa replaced with этo, in cases where the gender doesn't matter/isn't specified?
>>
Is there a go to text book for Persian?
>>
>>70328956
Hue.

I'm also learning solo, it's going fine but I'm not that good at it yet, about a2, if available, classes would be obviously the best solution but if you already know English you'll get the pronunciation right soon enough.

Try Michel Thomas
>>
>>70329388
I might just learn it after spanish to go troll on forocoches
>>
I spent about three months getting to a B2 level of Spanish, and have been in between B2 and C1 during the last few months. I'm taking up French again, a language I studied briefly about a year ago (I can read basic texts but I don't really have a firm grasp on the grammar or anything really). Anyone learning/speaking both languages who could give me some pointers as to how Spanish and French differ grammatically?
>>
>>70341019
>spent about three months getting to a B2 level of Spanish

How?
>>
File: 1478923899453.jpg (50KB, 700x523px)
1478923899453.jpg
50KB, 700x523px
>>70342194
I've had a girlfriend from Argentina for almost a year now, when she had to return to her home country (she was an exchange student), I realized I had to learn Spanish in order to go in visit her, talk to her family etc. etc. and also made a perfect excuse to learn a language, something I had been thinking about for a long time.

Other than just constant studying of grammar with internet guides / youtube videos every day, I started buying classes on Italki from south american tutors (some of them are quite cheap too, like 9-10 USD an hour or less). I paid for these classes by signing up as a Danish teacher, essentially teaching other people my language so I could just use the same money to buy tons of classes (this resulted in me getting a fuck ton of classes and actually stressing myself out a bit)

After a while I just... moved up to watching dubbed movies all the time I guess, read a book I had already read in English prior to learning so I already "knew" what it said and wouldn't get confused... Met some other exchange students from south america at my school so I could hang out with them etc. Just improving in any shape or form every day I guess.

Boiling it down to one thing I just made it my #1 big hobby of my life in those few months. Whenever I'd play a videogame, it had to be in Spanish. Want to watch a movie/tv show? Get it in Spanish. All my music on Spotify slowly turned into Spanish with my english/french/danish tastes slowly dissappearing as I pretty much only found new spanish music.

As a result I travelled to Argentina two times (in October and recently in December/January) to see my girl. The first time I had some issues understanding people despite my constant attempt to expose myself to Argentinian Spanish, but I got better over time. The second time I went I had no problem really, since I've just been practicing passively for so long.
>>
What's a good flashcard program/site? I tried Anki, but I want to type in the answer instead of clicking "good" "okay" "bad". Is memrise any good?
>>
>>70325344
Bon post
>>
>>70344493
memerise aint bad at all compared to duolingo. I like it.
>>70343138
¿Cómo se siente tener una novia extranjera?
>>
File: 2EHwile.jpg (67KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
2EHwile.jpg
67KB, 960x960px
>>70345229
Cuando vivía en mi país, tenía que hablar con ella en inglés la mayoría del tiempo, y creo que eso fue la diferencia más obvia.

Lo bueno es que las mujeres de allá son diferentes de las de acá, porque sus virtudes y personalidades son mejores según yo. Ya sé que también hay putas y forras estúpidas pero las que conocí eran buenas personas, y por eso la hablé tan pronto como podía para que no se escapara jaja

es duro tener una novia tan lejos de acá, pero usamos snapchat/facebook/facetime etc. para hablar cada día. Cada vez que la veo en la vida real, me enamoro de nuevo ;)
>>
>>70344493
Yes
>>
File: very nice.jpg (205KB, 1016x1332px) Image search: [Google]
very nice.jpg
205KB, 1016x1332px
>>70345892
Pienso que es genial que no tengas que preocuparte de si ella te es fiel o no. Ojalá pueda hacer lo mismo y aprenda a hablar bastante bien el español para tener novia extranjera como la tuya. Thanks for the chat.
Les deseo suerte
>>
bamp
>>
I'm trying to learn Italian and Japanese. Studied a bit of Russian for a while too, but ended up dropping it. How do I get a job in translation?
>>
>>70350339
well for a start you learn the language
>>
>>70350339
>How do I get a job in translation?
Go to the University I guess
>>
How the fuck am I supposed to practice talking if I'm not a normalfag?
>>
>>70351493
go talk to people online?
>>
>>70351493

Same way you lose your virginity. Pay someone.
>>
>>70259094
test
>>
>>70354574
todo bien
>>
>>70354147
But I don't have any money either
>>
>>70325411
not enough tbdesu
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.