[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck happens here??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1317.jpg (44KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1317.jpg
44KB, 620x387px
I didn't even now this place existed
>>
>>70223984
I think that's france
>>
File: pepenapoleon.jpg (98KB, 876x928px) Image search: [Google]
pepenapoleon.jpg
98KB, 876x928px
>>70223984
manlets are born there
>>
Napoleon
>>
File: IMG_1318.png (37KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1318.png
37KB, 750x450px
>>70224037
Yeah, it's a territory of France.

Also their flag is cool
>>
we wuz napoleon
>>
>>70223984
Mountains and some guy called Napoleon.
>>
I grew up here and my family still lives here
>>
is clay
plz gib
>>
>>70223984
Sorry m8 but there can only be one Salvadoran in 4chan. I am calling my mara friends to pay you a little visit.
>>
World record of places and street named "Napoléon".
>>
>>70224173
Also the rulling party of Ajaccio is still the Comité Central Bonapartiste (Central Bonapartist Comity)
>>
>>70223984
French people that roleplay as Italian.
And too many German and Italian tourists.
>>
a lot of people with italian ancestors
most of them are really tanned
>>
>>70224300
Haha, It's not even surprising
>>
It's like french italia or something
>>
File: Corse automne paysage.jpg (1MB, 1920x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Corse automne paysage.jpg
1MB, 1920x1275px
>>70223984
Terrorism but not of the Islamic kind
Also it's beautiful and one of the hardest European trail crosses the island (GR 20 https://www.wikiwand.com/en/GR_20 )
>>
>>70224172
New fag, pls, there is like 5 of us here. We will rape yo ass
>>
>>70224349
Do French people have a derogatory term for people from Corsica?
>>
>>70224490
Corses.
>>
>>70224396
Terrorism is now more about shooting some road signs or indepentantist killing each other.
The last innocent victim was Erignac in 1998 and two policeman in the 80's
>>
GR20
2REP
FNLC
Rekt muslims
>>
>>70224133
Is it comfy?? I remember reading that it has a population of only 300,000 and that it has warm weather and beautiful beaches and forests. Sounds like paradise desu

>>70224349
They look just like Italians
>>
File: Corse panneau.png (740KB, 946x790px) Image search: [Google]
Corse panneau.png
740KB, 946x790px
>>70224550
Well terrorism doesn't have to mean people died, even though I agree it's mosly used when talking about deadly things now. Since it's about fear and intimidation I guess shooting French road signs qualitifes
>>
>>70224349
>a lot of people with italian ancestors
dn't you mean pretty much all of them?
Corsica was as Italian as Rome until France got it in the late 18th century
>>
>>70224545
>Corses
Does this have something to do with the fact that this meant "a dead body" in Old French?
>>
>>70224617
It's really comfy and a great place to grew up.

Unfortunately there's not many jobs and a lot of young corsicans have to move to study (I move when I was 18 to study in Aix-en-Provence) and to find good jobs.
>>
File: Corse hiver.jpg (286KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Corse hiver.jpg
286KB, 1200x1200px
>>70224617
Yeah it's very mountainous, sparsely populated (for Europe), in southern Europe but even if it's hot it's also very green. Also the food is great and there are lots of old quaint villages
>>
How many of the stereotypes in L'enquête corse are true?
>>
>>70224807
>this meant "a dead body" in Old French

Are you sure about this
"corps" means "body" and is also commonly used to say dead body, but "corses" didn't mean dead body as far as I know
>>
>>70224332
Are you sure not the other way around?
>>
>>70225053
>https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/corse
>corse (plural corses)
1. (obsolete) A (living) body.
2. (archaic) A dead body, a corpse.
>>
>>70224807
Not at all.

>The origin of the name Corsica is subject to much debate and remains a mystery. To the Ancient Greeks it was known as Kalliste, Corsis, Cyrnos, Cernealis, or Cirné. Of these Cyrnos, Cernealis, or Cirné derive from a corruption of the most ancient Greek name of the island, "Σειρηνούσσαι" (meaning of the Sirens), the very same Sirens mentioned in Homer's Odyssey. The claim that latter Greek names are based on the Phoenician word for 'peninsula' (kir) are highly unlikely
>>
>>70225595 see >>70225532
>>
>>70225595
I always thought it was corscia not corsica and I only noticed last week
>>
>>70224075
Sardinia has 4 of them in its regional flag.
They pretty much represent blindfolded and decapitated moorish heads dating back to the crusades.
Pretty brutal as flags go
>>
>>70224819
>>70224820

Nice to know lads. I've seen some pics of Corsica and it truly looks like a beautiful place.

>>70225978
Badass
>>
>A variety of revolts and uprisings occurred: however, since the interior areas were densely forested, the Romans avoided them and set them aside as the “land of the barbarians”. Overall, Corsica and Sardinia became trivial gains compared to the Roman Empire's Eastern gains. The Romans regarded both the islands and their people as backward and unhealthy. From Corsica, the Romans did not receive much spoil nor were the prisoners willing to bow to foreign rule, and to learn anything Roman. Strabo, depicting the Corsicans as bestial people resorting to live by plunder, said that “whoever has bought one (Corsican), aggravating their purchasers by their apathy and insensibility, regrets the waste of his money”.[3][4] Same goes for the Sardinians, who acquired an infamous reputation for being untrustworthy and killing their master if they had a chance. Since the Sardinian captives were flooding the Roman slave market after a Roman victory over a serious outbreak from the mountain tribes, the proverb Sardi venales ("Sardinians for cheap") became in fact an everyday Latin expression to indicate anything cheap and worthless
>>
>>70231992
strangely sardinian is the closer language to latin
>>
Is that Denmark? I'm not familiar with Danish cities.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.