[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it hard to learn German?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: downloadfile-12.jpg (9KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-12.jpg
9KB, 540x360px
Is it hard to learn German?
>>
English is a Germanic language, so I guess it must be somewhat easier to learn than most languages if you already speak English

>>70197127
ZITTO ANIMALE
>>
>>70197127
Mods. please just range ban this spammer's ISP
>>
>>70197116
compared to what?
>>
>>70197644
French
>>
>>70197662
No, French is a little bit harder to learn than German. But they're both pretty close
>>
>>70197116
yes
>>
>fehlerfrei
vermutlich schon, selbst deutsche die nicht fehlerfrei deutsch sprechen sieht man öfters.
>verständlich
eigentlich nicht, gebrochenes deutsch kann man eher verstehen als gebrochenes englisch.
>>
>>70197116
if our uneducted, islamist erdoğanist villagers can learn it. you would learn it very easily
>>
>>70197956
>eigentlich nicht, gebrochenes deutsch kann man eher verstehen als gebrochenes englisch.
More like Germans don't act like you have to speak the language perfectly to understand it.
Stupid Anglos claim that they don't understand a sentence when you make a little mistake, when everybody with half a brain could figure out what was meant.
>>
>>70197839
Französisch ist einfacher als Deutsch uezs
>>
File: 1484859862253.jpg (744KB, 1933x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1484859862253.jpg
744KB, 1933x3000px
>>70197116
No
>>
>>70198023
Nicht wirklich. Die größten Hürden für Ausländer sind in beiden Sprachen gleich: 1. Grammatische Geschlechter ohne System, so dass man Riesenmengen auswendig lernen muss. 2. Grammatische Fälle, die dazu zwingen, die Deklination von Wörtern auswendig zu lernen.
Letztlich hat die deutsche Sprache aber ein wenig mehr System.
>>
>>70197116
Tons of people who speak Arabic and Turkish speak it so I assume no.
>>
File: ec9.png (32KB, 504x887px)
ec9.png
32KB, 504x887px
It's probably the hardest of all the Western European languages
>pic related
I know it's for Native English speakers, but when you see all other Romance and Germanic languages in the same tier, then that's a hint.
>>
>>70198247
>Turks and arabs are able to speak German
In your dreams maybe. Listening to their German makes me want to throw up
>>70198484
Icelandic is more difficult than German, so no German isn't the hardest in Western Europe.
>>
>>70197116
Hände hoch, Schlitzauge!
>>
>>70198484
Why is dutch so much easier than german? I thought they were the same language?
>>
>>70198917
Dutch is closer to English, no they are not the same language. Dutch doesn't have a case system and Dutch doesn't have three genders anymore.
Frisian and Low German is the same they are easier to learn because they're closer to English.
>>
>>70197116
Compared to English, yes, definitely. But it's possible, if you've got the right studying material or a nice course to attend to, then you'll have no real problems besides having to memorize nouns' genders and other minor details. Though there are lots of techniques to easily memorize genders; personally I write down the nouns I'm having trouble with on a notepad and I proceed to mark them with a colorful marker in accordance to their gender. I use dark green for masculine, yellow for neutral and pink for feminine nouns.
Aside from that and adjective declensions I'd say it's a pretty straight forward language to learn, you'll intuitively remember certain grammar rules, others you'll have to memorize but that's it. It's nothing alien if you speak an Indo-European and Germanic language already, which you do so since you know English.

Anyways, if you intend to learn it, good luck, it's a beautiful language (more so than French imo) and it's highly useful if you're into STEM, or if you're interested in god-tier literature.
>>
>>70199187
>Dutch doesn't have three genders anymore.
We do
>>
>>70199418
Oh you still do?
Then I misremembered, I'm sorry. I thought you were already degenerated like the Danish, Norwegians and Swedish who have a "common gender" and a neutral one.
>>
>>70197116
Good german language resources that's non-american oriented please?
>>
>>70199472
Learn English first before attempting to learn any other Germanic language.
>>
>>70197116
no
>>
german sounds very sexy
hope I will learn it sometime
>>
>>70197974
Lots of them don't really learn it even in the third generation of living here
>>
File: 1484327846077.png (7KB, 256x196px)
1484327846077.png
7KB, 256x196px
>>70198227
>Grammatische Fälle
>Französisch
>>
>>70199472
All you can do is just scour the web for them, most you'll find will be in English though, I recommend you use English resources as much as possible, they're pretty damn good.
>>
Ja, sehr compliciert.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.