[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like to master a language every 5 years. The time has come

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

I like to master a language every 5 years. The time has come and after becoming completely fluent in Mandarin, im considering learning Japanese. Or maybe Russian. I am not sure and I was hoping you could help me. My native language is Spanish. I would like to learn a language whose native speakers are not good at English. I think it is a bit silly to learn for example German, because German people speak good English and I can communicate with them.

After learning Mandarin, I already know like 2500 hanzi (both traditional and simplified) or so (maybe more? i am not sure, im about to do HSK 6) so I want to know if anybody else has learned first Chinese and then Japanese and what it is like. For example, even though I dont speak a word of Japanese, if i see a Japanese text i can recognize many hanzi and get an idea of what the text is about. But learning new pronunciations and probably different meanings to the hanzi i already know might be a pain in the ass. Also, I would still have to learn Hiragana and Katakana.

Russian attracts me more culturally, but grammar is a bitch and spelling is not that easy. Pronunciation is more difficult than Japanese too.

I like languages that have no verb conjugation, I think that is a huge advantage for learners (I ve taught Spanish and I know how hard it is)

Other option is Indonesian, which has a Latin alphabet and easy grammar, but it lacks cultural interest for me.

I do not know what to do. Any tips?
>>
Finnish
>>
Cantonese
>>
>>70150419
I lived in Guangzhou for a couple of years, I can speak a bit. But then again, I can already communicate with most people who speak Cantonese in Mandarin, so i dont see the point

>>70150370

Grammar is too hard and I can already talk to most Finnish people.
>>
>>70150489
Learn to North Korean then
>>
>>70150356
Your period of existence is indefinite. You will be dust trampled beneath feet of people who forgotten you and for an eternity after all they are gone so will memory of your petty achievement.
>>
>>70150356
furry code, look it up.
>>
>>70150489
that doesn't mean you can understand them
>>
If you want a true challenge, arabic. Not msa, no one speaks that, pick a dialect
>>
>>70150533
I can understand a fairly bit of it, my ear got used to it. Anyway most Cantonese people will talk to me in Mandarin by default. Only old people only know Cantonese.
>>
>>70150599
i was talking about finns speaking english
>>
File: 4d.png (1MB, 873x916px) Image search: [Google]
4d.png
1MB, 873x916px
>>70150356
Ignorant of his innumerous claws on him

and saw from them,

transmitting a damaged sensation

burned in earth's epoch formation

with red cities,

nameless stars

extinct,

versing pity.
>>
>>70150592
I will never understand why people say this without knowing truly where the dialects come from and knowing the true lingua franca of the region
>>
Did anyone try Indonesian?
>>
>>70150356
Tltr but I think it's very easy to find a Japanese who don't speak English hehe
>>
>>70150356
>learning chink
But why?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.