[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

really makes you think...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1484631830584.jpg (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1484631830584.jpg
1MB, 2000x2000px
really makes you think...
>>
File: 1473409500624.jpg (8KB, 321x312px) Image search: [Google]
1473409500624.jpg
8KB, 321x312px
>>
>>70145716
There is a marked difference between eastern and western narratives -- namely, the existence of flaws within the protaganist, which is why there's so much Mary Sue shlock from Japan and modern Chinese media is unsalvagable -- but your meme image isn't really addressing that, now is it.
>>
as i said but no one responded
the right is actually more realistic in criticism and reflection than the left

the left's solution is an ambivalent road into the void of "intellectual pursuit"
the right is humble grounded lets-make-fun of your fantasy and press it to the limit

it's hubris versus passivity
>>
the right has some problem to the way it depicts western literature at that time in a very seriously erroneous manner

the europeans at the time were not interested in the lamentations of any youth no matter how it is written, without the god component to crime and punishment it will fail as a novel in his time, their problem is preciously the "answer" provided in left, "intellectual pursuit" except in their time they would say "that's how we got us into this mess in the first place" it was about the loss of moral authority in monarchy and in the church, so you have the french writing about the meaning of love life and lust at that time, the fuck is "intellectual pursuit" that's really ignorant in a way, since writing a book is intellectual pursuit so basically that author would be arguing about how what he was doing was the answer to all ills, it will without a doubt fail as a novel at that time
>>
>>70145716

*glares how dare you insult Anime ^><^ now I'm pissed off *drags the person that says anime is crap in another room and beats the hell out of him and tares him to shreads, then throws him back in the crowd* bastard don't ever insult anime under my presents again Anime is not crap do I make myself clear?
>>
>>70146347
It's kind of inherent in the details of being a demon-slaying little girl
>>
>>70146347
Western narrative:
Rey - mary sue
>>
Literally the only good thing about Jap media is that they still have a solid animation industry.
>>
Why are people responding to this thread seriously? Obviously anime is shit; it's aimed at autismic nerds with bad taste. It's the Japanese equivalent of ponies and Harry Potter
>>
>>70148847
1 because what you said isn't true
2 harry potter is shit isn't a good argument why anime is shit
>>
>>70145716
Japans been "up to date" on technology and literature for 200 years, tops. Cut the lads some slack.
>>
>>70145716
I'll take the one on the right thanks
>>
>>70145716
ITT:Cherry Picking
>>
>>70145716
(you)
>>
File: 1399198899363.jpg (243KB, 691x625px) Image search: [Google]
1399198899363.jpg
243KB, 691x625px
>>70145716
That is not what Madoka is about at all.

Please change your anime picture to something more appropriate.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.