[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USA and USSR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: ussr-usa.png (320KB, 555x370px) Image search: [Google]
ussr-usa.png
320KB, 555x370px
http://www.strawpoll.me/12150440

Please answer this poll

Thank you
>>
>>70143807
bump
>>
File: you_behave-int.png (228KB, 340x478px) Image search: [Google]
you_behave-int.png
228KB, 340x478px
>>70143807
Since we are on the subject.
Are there any books/documentaries that describe the history of the USSR and the Cold War in painstakingly autistic detail?
>>
>>70144165
anne frank
>>
File: TJkNFLPxMtE.jpg (103KB, 870x612px) Image search: [Google]
TJkNFLPxMtE.jpg
103KB, 870x612px
USSR sucks
>>
Both made the world worse off. Both were pretty similar in foreign policy/supporting bad guys abroad. The USA had much better domestic policy though.
>>
Sorry to sound like a Chris Hedges faggot, but America was the primary aggressor during the cold war
>>
>>70144348
YOU HAVE NO HEART
>>
Name 1 thing the USSR did wrong.
>>
the space and arms race really sped up the advancement of technology, I think
>>
>>70144968
Going to the jungles and wasting their precious resources in vapid campaigns instead of reorganizing its economy into something more useful.
>>
>>70144968
invading Afghanistan
>>
>>70144968
Let the ethnic Russian minority in Alaska suffer under imperialist American rule.
>>
>>70145149

They were defending the people's government against US funded religious fanatics.

The same religious fanatics everyone hates now.
>>
>>70145307
they were defending a communist government that couped a democratically elected one
>>
File: Kek.png (188KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
Kek.png
188KB, 327x316px
>the USSR destroyed traditional Russian culture, so the most authentic Russian culture was preserved in some small town in Alaska
>>
>>70145307
The commies were never that popular beyond the major cities, and like
>>70145332
Mentioned, they weren't necessarily the "people's" government either.
>>70144968
Trying to match us in military spending while propping up multiple client states simultaneously. Honestly what we should've done was just sit on our haunches and wait, the Combloc was always doomed to collapse at some point.
>>
>>70144854
I have a heart, and so I hate the USSR

- The USSR was bad?

- Totalitarian system, mass casualties, inefficient industry, agriculture killed, the bankruptcy of ideology, complete geopolitical defeat and disintegration of less than a century. I hate the Soviet Union.

Three man-made famine, civil war, looting villages and its decline. mediocre military campaign in World War II.

Google translate.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.