[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is Japan really like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: Bx-HcXtCMAEKBbJ.jpg (28KB, 511x512px) Image search: [Google]
Bx-HcXtCMAEKBbJ.jpg
28KB, 511x512px
Are the streets clean?
Are Japanese really friendly but standoffish?
Is Japanese food good or overrated?
Are Tokyo and Osaka free of crime and safe?
Will Japanese greet you on the street and be friendly and courteous toward you?
>>
>>70028474
>Will Japanese greet you on the street and be friendly and courteous toward you?
hahahahahaha
>>
>Are the streets clean?
Yes, although the train stations were fairly dirty at night. There was quite a bit of puke when I queued for a taxi after the last train was announced.
>Are Japanese really friendly but standoffish?
Yes. Good way of describing them.
>Is Japanese food good or overrated?
Its good from a foodie's perspective, and there's a reason why Japan has the most Michelin stars out of any country. But it doesn't fill you up and leave you satisfied and energetic I find. Good depth of flavour but you feel homesick without a nice big steak every once in a while.
>Are Tokyo and Osaka free of crime and safe?
No, but there's a lot less than in cities with actual gangs. The Yakuza does its business more like a mafia, and the only people in street wear in Tokyo for example are students doing it as a fashion statement.
>Will Japanese greet you on the street and be friendly and courteous toward you?
A couple people came up to me and asked where I was from, but they might have just been trying to sell me something but lacked the Western directness about it. Another guy challenged me to a gundam game in Akiba and paid for my ticket, which was nice of him. One guy asked for my photo too, but that experience is still rare (he might have mistaken me for a B-list actor or something).

One other thing I'll mention is how many times I was kicked out of bars. I'm a clean, well-dressed white guy but a lot of more-concealed bars (ex. second floor or basement bars) don't let in gaijin. They're super friendly about it, smiling and all as they usher you out of the mostly-empty room. Not sure how that's legal and I don't need a Davido-kun arguing with me over this.
>>
>>70028474
Taiwan is better.
Japan is just large scale than your country.
>>
>>70028586
>One other thing I'll mention is how many times I was kicked out of bars. I'm a clean, well-dressed white guy but a lot of more-concealed bars (ex. second floor or basement bars) don't let in gaijin

Wtf I hate nippon now
>>
>>70028474
why dont you dumb taiwanese come here. it costs only 20-30k yen or so. how long until you stop being an autismo and hikikomori
>>
>>70028474
t.jap
>>
File: Amaterasu_cave_edit2.jpg (192KB, 636x300px) Image search: [Google]
Amaterasu_cave_edit2.jpg
192KB, 636x300px
>>70028925
Hikikomori is Japan's national heritage
>>
>>70028586
On the bars thing: it's mostly about not wanting to deal with someone who they won't be able to talk out of the building after getting drunk.
>>
>>70028586

how did the japanese girls treat you senpai?
>>
>>70029307
So you're saying that if that person is completely fluent in Japanese, the treatment would be different?
>>
>>70029307
It's still descrimination.
I love how japs love to make the US look bad for its racial problems, but people of other races can get kicked out of restaurants.
>>
File: LuciaSign.jpg (548KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
LuciaSign.jpg
548KB, 1280x960px
>>70030013
I doubt it. From what I understand--reading people's experiences online--is that if you come with a japanese friend they stay off you. But if you speak japanese, they can still kick you out for cultural misunderstandings and shit.

Some places don't even kick you out, they just won't let you in at all.
>>
>>70028586
>One other thing I'll mention is how many times I was kicked out of bars. I'm a clean, well-dressed white guy but a lot of more-concealed bars (ex. second floor or basement bars) don't let in gaijin. They're super friendly about it, smiling and all as they usher you out of the mostly-empty room. Not sure how that's legal and I don't need a Davido-kun arguing with me over this.
Never been to a country like that. It's a bit bizarre тbh, definitely wouldn't be happy if it happened to me.
>>
File: japan comfy.jpg (343KB, 1280x803px) Image search: [Google]
japan comfy.jpg
343KB, 1280x803px
>>
>>70028586
>One other thing I'll mention is how many times I was kicked out of bars. I'm a clean, well-dressed white guy

>>70030199
>definitely wouldn't be happy if it happened to me.

Pay attention lads, this is called learning from experience. apply this to your daily lives.
>>
>>70030093
are you ok?
>>
File: 114243242432.png (1MB, 753x898px) Image search: [Google]
114243242432.png
1MB, 753x898px
>>70028474
>Are the streets clean?
The ones I saw yeah
>Are Japanese really friendly but standoffish?
yes
>Is Japanese food good or overrated?
Both
>Are Tokyo and Osaka free of crime and safe?
Very safe but there's crime everywhere in the world
no
>>
File: i.imgur.com_19SLbVx.jpg (15KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
i.imgur.com_19SLbVx.jpg
15KB, 360x270px
>>
>>70030093
Thanks to Russians sailors. Kek.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.