[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sino/ 中文

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 52

File: buddhistart.jpg (86KB, 708x512px)
buddhistart.jpg
86KB, 708x512px
藝術版
The thread for posting in Chinese and discussion about the Chinese speaking world

>Resources for Learning Mandarin:
http://www.learnnc.org/lp/pages/6427
http://resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/pronunciation/
http://resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/
https://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php
https://gloss.dliflc.edu
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zhongwen-chinese-english/kkmlkkjojmombglmlpbpapmhcaljjkde

>Resources for learning Cantonese:
https://guidetocantonese.wordpress.com/start/
http://www.cantonese.sheik.co.uk/
http://www.cantonese.sheik.co.uk/dictionary/
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cantonese-popup-dictionar/pjnbhojkojmibobcpfgihhnohboldhip

>Smartphone dictionary (supports both Mandarin and Cantonese):
https://www.pleco.com/

aforementioned resource credit goes to 一路順風

>set strokes straight
http://www.yes-chinese.com/tzg/
>>
>>69987709
Enjoy! Then you can join the discussion about the debate about how the content is political mostly or how confucian scholars read too much into it.
>>
>>69987751
I don't think a translation qualifies me to join the discussion.
But I think I will enjoy it regardless,since the translation is the fruit of tireless work done by the best hungarian poets of the 20th century
>>
>>69987880
How come the best Hungarian poets of those days could read classical Chinese?
>>
>inb4 butthurt horse face
>>
>>69987996
什麼鬼?
>>
>>69987708
how hard is it to learn mandarin?

i heard that you only need ~3500 characters to memorize to understand almost everything.

is memorizing the characters hard?
>>
>>69988024
It is hard at first but gets easier as you learn more and see the patterns/recognise the components.
>>
>>69987900
They can't.
It's sorta related but there was a hungarian book called "This is how YOU write"
It's a collection of parodies about (then) current literature (around 1910)
It has a small section on chinese poetry.
It goes somewhat like this:
"the chinese poem is incredibly successful in the West.Which is strange since poetry isn't successful at all today.
But the chinese poem is different.
Newspapers don't turn chinese poems down.Everybody likes chinese poems.
People say that the essence of thousands of years hase been compresses into these.
Despite this the chinese poem is as fresh as if the Tang emperor retired just last year."
"But how do you translate one?
The modern gentlemen doesn't speak chinese so he translates from english.
Then the english gets translated into all other languages.
I swear I heard about a poem that was translated inot english then intp hungarian then the hungarian inot german,the german into norvegian and the norvegian into hungarian again.
It was just as fresh as ever,only the meaning changed a bit"
tl;dr
They don't speak chinese.
They worked based on the english/german versions
>>
>>69989709
Reminds me of how the likes of Dostoyevski were only available in editions translated from German here back then.
>>
>>69989767
Our sinology is pretty small.
There are the five novels (five right?)
Outlaws of the marsh has chinese to hungarian translation
Journey to the west had chinese to hungarian translation
Dream of the red chamber has an abridged chinese to german to hungarian translation
Romance of the three kingdoms has no translation
And I forgot what the fifth was
>>
>>69989842
It's not much better in Dutch, we only have poor translations from English.
Dream of the red chamber is being directly translated from Chinese now, hopefully it will be good.
>>
>>69989869
RoTK bugs me a lot.
It was about to have a translation directly from chinese.
The first six episodes were made,but the publisher didn't order the rest.
>me
Beyond mad

So I must import one from England if I want to read it.

But most of the classic philosophy got a direct translation
Art of war has 3-4
The annalects has one
Tao Te Ching has 2-3(not sure)(one is a verse version of the prose version)
zhuangzi has one.
And Mencius has one too,but I haven't managed to track that down
The Way of war has one too.This is recent,made in 2016.

Most of them haven't been published since the 80s-90s.
The art of war also has a bunch of other military themed books bundled with it.
>>
>>69990027
Do the Hungarians also have this bizarre habit of referring to Chinese names and places in English when using their own language? It's really strange.
>>
>>69990062
I don't exactly get what you mean.
>>
>>69990152
Let's put it like this: you're writing in Hungarian about a movie with a Chinese title. Will they translate the title to Hungarian, keep the original title or use the English one? They always pick the last option here.
Dutch people even copy this in their speech. They don't say 夜市 or nachtmarkt when speaking Dutch, but night market instead. Really strange, I don't get it.
>>
>>69990199
Not really.
It's usually goes like
>Dalok könyve (Si king)
So they refer to it by the hungarian title if there is one and then the original chinese title with the most commong hungarian romanization.
Sometimes even with characters.
But mostly just the hungarian name.
Lun Yu (lün jü) wasn't even mentioned in my copy of the annalects.(maybe at the beginning)
It's referred to as "Beszélgetések és Mondások"
Which roughly translates into "Conversations and sayings"
>>
File: chinaflags.png (391KB, 1800x810px) Image search: [Google]
chinaflags.png
391KB, 1800x810px
>>
人主之道,静退以为宝。不自操事而知拙与巧,不自计虑而知福与咎。是以不言而善应,不约而善增。言已应则执其契,事已增则操其符。符契之所合,赏罚之所生也
>>
>>69993791
best is 周
independent nations with a de facto king
qin is bad because of the unification
'china' should be a loose alliance of nations, not a unified empire
>>
>>69996642
不考虑伪经问题的话东周确是我最向往的时代
但“国家”或多或少必然出现吧
“邦联”也要先邦而后联之
中国之外近代之前不靠宗教统摄人心还闹出点名堂的我目前只能想到汉萨同盟?
>>
>>69993791
>qin
>not at fault for destroying inquantifiable ammounts of books
Burning books is bad.
(On the otherhand,Confucius is famous today because his works survived the purge.Except fot the "book of music")
>>
>>69997401
The Qin wasn't as evil as people say, a lot of it is Han propaganda.
>>
>>69997474
It was good for the nation overall.Qin managed to invent the concept of unified china,and this concept stood the test of time.
(I just value books way too much)
>>
>>69997603
or what should you value?
>inb4尽信书不如无书
>>
万木俱焚
>>
>>69998782
I find knowledge of almost any type valuable.
Books are for the gathering of knowledge and art.

But just because you know something,it doesn't mean you should act upon said knowledge.
>>
TIL Chongqing is known to have the hottest girls in the country (like Montreal in Canada)

http://www.lovelovechina.com/girls/beautiful-chinese-girls-from-chongqing/

Why haven't you been to Chongqing?
>>
>>69987708
You should add info about the Pleco flashcards to the OP. I was paying for a Skritter account but was able to replace it with a the $10 flashcard addon from Pleco. It's been essential to drilling vocab for me.

And Fluentu is really cool too, but a little expensive.

Also what textbook are you guys using? My uni used Integrated Chinese and they've got an iBooks version of the book that is really easy to read on an iPhone screen. I've heard good things about New Practical Chinese Reader too, though not as smartphone convenient.
>>
File: IMG_8311.jpg (15KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8311.jpg
15KB, 209x241px
plz post more pic from her
>>
>>70003340
>New Practical Chinese Reader
that's the book we use at Uni for our literacy lessons
>>
你们喜欢火锅吗?
>>
File: IMG_20170116_180407.jpg (625KB, 1440x2056px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170116_180407.jpg
625KB, 1440x2056px
>>70003340
I'm using pic related.
It's pretty good and I can learn grammar later.
What is the point of grammar if I don't know the letters/characters?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (31KB, 377x487px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
31KB, 377x487px
>>70003448
>>
>>70003643
I find Chinese grammar to be so fucking easy. The word order is fairly similar to English from what I've seen and you don't conjugate shit. I lived in Japan and speak pretty good Japanese so I guess compared to that everything else is grammatically simple. The Japanese conjugate fucking everything, nouns, verbs, adjectives, other conjugations....don't let Japanese people in your house, they'll conjugate it.

I probably fuck up my Chinese grammar more than I realize though, but even still you can be understood pretty easily.
>>
File: smug atilla.jpg (50KB, 436x600px) Image search: [Google]
smug atilla.jpg
50KB, 436x600px
>>70005105
>don't let Japanese people in your house, they'll conjugate it.
Top kek.
I know nothing about the grammar of japanese, but I think it's a pretty language.Sounds so nice.
And it's quite easy to make up japanese sounding words in my opinion.
>>
欸请问各位匿名,你们都爱吃什么样的年糕?我只会搞炒的,煮的,这俩做法我都吃腻了
>>
>>70005482
Yea, beautiful language for sure. I still talk to some of my Japanese friends but not enough to make me want to keep studying it. And of course the only people who speak Japanese here are sweaty weebs, but I like drawing and learning the kanji/hanzi so I picked up Chinese. Much more useful and practical and no weebs.
>>
File: 1484188566287.png (37KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1484188566287.png
37KB, 658x662px
What advantages are there to learning Mandarin if you never plan on going to China? Talking to chinese qtpis? Impressing the chinese restaurant workers?
>>
>>69988009
你是在泰国留学嘛?
>>
>>70007701

Personal satisfaction if you happen to really love the culture or for that "I climbed that mountain" feel. That's pretty much it. Other than that it's an ungrateful grind and you'd be better off studying something else.
>>
>>69997474
当时满族入侵中原屠了好几个城...而且本身游牧民族没有什么文化底蕴,被比较先进的文明所同化也是理所应当...
>>
>>70007701
true though…
>>
>>70007701
>More work opportunities
>Watching chinese dramas with no subtitles
>Understanding what they are saying on chinese music
> "I climbed that mountain" feel
>Impress people
>Access to new medias and content
>A lot of other asians other than chinese know mandarin
>Writing is pretty relaxing for some people
>>
File: 640-corinna-zollner.jpg (181KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
640-corinna-zollner.jpg
181KB, 640x482px
哇啦啦啦啦啦我的寶貝
>>
File: IMG_7720.png (280KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7720.png
280KB, 640x633px
>>70003448
nicca I NEED THAT PICTURE on the right
nono has QT toes
>>
>>70010071
Stop with the race fetishism,please
>>
>>
>>70010398
fug
>>
Hey mates I've been looking around trying to find a download for 仙剑奇侠传 the GAME not the series. I want the dos version or the XP version. Anyone know where I can find it?
>>
>>70003340
My problem with things like FluentU and slow chinese is I feel the range of skills they are targetted towards is too small. Like, it basically requires you to understand Chinese, but it's slowed down so if you are good at understanding Chinese then it's boring because it's so slow. I'd usually rather watch stuff where I don't have 100% comprehension but stuff goes by faster.
>>
File: 140504151754328fda24246447.jpg (76KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
140504151754328fda24246447.jpg
76KB, 960x720px
>>70010175
stop with those accusations
>>
>>70010604
2 minutes of googling lol

http://update1.baiyou100.com/resource/Pal98rqp.zip

English language patch if you want one http://chinesepaladin.org/files/paleng_v31.zip
>>
>>70011233
thank u

I've been trying to get it off chinese bit torrent sites (using google). i did try
>>
>>70001639
I'm probably going with my friend from Chongqing in a year or two
>>
>>70007701
I'm really interested in the language. I love recognizing characters "in the wild" at random places. I work with a few native speakers.

If you're self teaching, you're going to fail if you do it "4 da qts" or "because it's practical and I can herp and derp and fuck myself in the ass to get a job". Do it for fun or don't bother. If you're really serious, take a class.
>>
>>70007701
If you bothered to learn chinese why not try going to China
>>
>>70010175
I believe the german here loves feet more than race tho
>>
>>70011580
I'm a little skeptical of going to the mainland. I've heard mainlanders are really rude and gross in public.

Has anyone here been to mainland? I'd be really interested in hearing about how your personal experience went.
>>
>>70007701
I decided to jump into it because I read a lot about china and found it shameful that I just saw "random lines" instead of words.
It's fun too.
Why learn elven or klingon when you can have the best fantasy language ever?
(At least to most people it's more strange than those.)
>>
>>70003448
>1437 pictures

bingfeng tw/thread-22250-1-1.html

Jesus H. Christ, still not done scrolling through it but I already found a good stash of foot pictures
>>
>>70011567
> If you're really serious, take a class.
HAH
>>
File: IMG_9373.jpg (106KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9373.jpg
106KB, 960x720px
>tfw took classes and they were shit (CI)
>tfw lack of motivation to seriously self study
>>
wtf I hate China now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-DXKEHkcZk
>>
>>70013588
My classes were sabotaged by completely shitty classmates. Whatever I got a minor out of it.
>>
>>70014151
the extremely chill mofo pouring tea at 23:50 is my homie

but as they say-- the fake that tries to be real is more real than the thing it's imitating
>>
>>70015281
Yeah, I admire their dedication. They're obviously highly skilled craftsmen. Too bad they have to work under the radar and cater to shitty tuhao. (wish I were one tho desu)
>>
>>70011730
I was in Beijing actually and it was really amazing, people were polite. Of course the biggest problem you would encounter is smog I believe but the Chinese government is investing heavily into green tech to reduce it.

Try it the worst that could happen is that you find it to be bad so you to Taiwan or Hongkong instead. You are bound to enjoy one of the places otherwise you will at least have an amazing story to tell.
>>
>>70014151
The high-end forgery is actually quite admirable since the fakes are so identical to the real ones.
>>
>>70015003
I'm taking class right now and I understand what you say, tho I am really making the most of it and I have learnt a lot because I was a single student for half a semester
>>
大家晚安
>>
File: 1454745184918.png (268KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1454745184918.png
268KB, 499x499px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oHLalQa8vY
>>
>>70017284
叶子人, 这是什么?
>>
>>70015003
How were they shitty? I haven't really met any other 老外 learning Chinese, the only people I talk to are natives. Are Chinese language students as autistic as Japanese language students?
>>
>>70019354
For me mostly just not trying at all. Insisting they can't memorize characters. Complaining about rules of the language. That sort of thing
>>
>>70019354
Not him, but from my experiences the people are usually a pretty diverse/interesting crowd and for the most part well-adjusted people (especially compared to the Japanese students, they're mostly greasy weeaboos here) but like 50% of the class is usually incompetents who are stuck at a beginner level for years, 30% have awful pronunciation but do their work, and 20% are actually alright and make a serious effort. Overall it's good for learning new grammar/vocab and keeping motivated, but bad for speaking practice.
>>
>>70020226
>>70020903
Oh, so just lazy morons? I don't get that at all. Why take a language class if you're not even going to try? Do people think it's easy or something? I took a German class in college where there were students at the end of the semester pronouncing 'ich' like 'itch'. How fucking hard is it to say 'ick'?

>>70020903
I've thought about going to Chinese language meetups in my area using the Meetup app, hopefully they won't be chinaweebs.
>>
I quit because two 12 year olds joined and one of them was completely incapable of pronouncing anything remotely correct, the other one was playing the clown all the time and it was starting to piss me off too much.
Then the other guys all quit after the first course anyway and I was left with this stuttering autist who had yellow fever and an overly excited Croatian chick who had more joy in telling the teacher nonstop that she is Croatian and how she had Chinese friends in Croatia than anything else.
One guy who quit had a Chink wife, thought she must be ugly because he was kinda weird looking but upon some facebook stalking I found out she is hot AF which made me a bit jealous because I am sure she must have cute feet too.

The textbook is shit on top of that and the pace way too slow.
>>
>>70021387
You get so many people who don't care because a lot of majors require a few years of a foreign language, and for some reason these idiots think taking Chinese of all things is the best way to get their credits. Basically like your German class. And then there's the people who are too stupid to grasp learning and thinking in another language, and even after 2 years can't correctly pronounce pinyin or tones (no clue how they pass the class). Thankfully, there are always at least a few autists who are really interested in language-learning so I just associate with them. Good luck with your meetups... at least if they're all chinaboos, there's always 8888888 chinese basic bitches online learning english who will gladly teach you about 5000 years of history and how 热水 is good for the healthy :^)
>>
>>70021941
You know I've come around to agree with them about the reshui. It is just better than cold water.
>>
If I watch one episode of drama a day how long till i'm fluent?
>>
>>70023842
But you'll have to watch an episode of drama a day, not worth
>>
FUCKING COMPLEMENTS
WHY
>>
File: 27095748_s.jpg (36KB, 557x423px) Image search: [Google]
27095748_s.jpg
36KB, 557x423px
>>70024479
>>
>>70024644
你太棒了
>>
File: 8f8.jpg (69KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
8f8.jpg
69KB, 425x282px
>>70024745
>>
>>70024166
still better than reading books tho
>>
>>70003340
I started out with Integrated and one called Elementary Chinese, last year I was using All Things Considered and a custom book made by my professor that has some Defense Language Institute GLOSS articles, and this year I'll be going through the rest of All Things Considered along with "Confucius' Analects: An Advanced Reader of Chinese Language and Culture"
>>
File: 20300541981083142804432500144_s.png (224KB, 197x300px) Image search: [Google]
20300541981083142804432500144_s.png
224KB, 197x300px
我不会说中国。

你门喜欢王老吉吗?
就是味道有些怪
>>
>>70024908
What drama? Most of them are unbearable for stoic manly man like myself.
>>
>>70025054
i'm like 26 eps into 欢乐颂 and although it's a soap it at least tries to be kinda realistic

It's literally the second drama I've watched though so it's not like I have a lot of experience that I can give advice based on. Maybe when I finish it ill try something that tries to have a plot
>>
Okay what's some good chink music that has music videos with lyrics shown on the video
>>
>>70025295
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARa-OwlOx1U

I've linked this before. Really impresses the locals if at karoke if you master this.
>>
>>70025342
why the fuck is 卖无 pronounced like "buibo" or some shit
>>
什么他妈的你他妈的刚才说我,你这小婊子?我会让你知道我毕业了我班的顶部的海豹突击队,我已经参与了许多秘密袭击的基地组织,和我有超过300证实杀死。我在训练的大猩猩战,我在整个美国军队的最高狙击手。你是我什么都不是,但只是一个目标。我会消灭你他妈的精度喜欢哪一个从未见过在这个地球上,记住我的话他妈的。你以为你可以逃脱说狗屎我在互联网上?再想想,笨蛋。在我们发言,我联系我的秘密横跨美国间谍网络和IP被追踪作为现在让您风暴,蛆更好的准备。这抹了你打电话
>>
>>70025485
Good question
>>
>>70015003
>the guy that seems not to know Mandarin has tones
>people who end every sentence in a questioning tone
>the German girl who sings MEEEEI YOOOOOOU in a high pitched voiced everytime the teacher asks if there are questions and the people who laugh with her every single time because mei you is so funny
>the balding manlet neckbeard who tries to fit in with the normies
>omg 灣 is so difficult hahaha i am not going to write this!

>having to wait until every single student has finished saying a sentence until the teacher goes on to the next one
>having to do simple stuff over and over again because of stupid classmates who are only there for the credits
>teacher going through the list of characters for the next lesson and just stating their translation and wasting 30 minutes of classtime for this

And then after class you have to deal with the Taiwanese on the street who don't watch where they are walking, cut you off blatantly, suddenly stop walking when in front of you, stare at you with a blank face when they give themselves priority again as always, cars taking priority every single time, people walking in the way when you are on your bicycle even though they see you coming BUT THEY JUST DON'T FUCKING CARE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Finally have let go of my frustrations of the 6 months of living here. Apart from that this place is amazing.
>>
I need to learn Chinese as quickly as possible. I'm about halfway through the spoonfed Chinese Anki deck but I need to do more.

Where can I download .txt versions of Chinese books? I'm still new to Chinese internet.
>>
>>70014151
Since the fake one is as close to the authentic one as possible.
Why don't go after the fake one to have a very affordable price piece of high end 'art'?

Also couldn't we call them the "craftsman of historical art style imitation" rather than "craftsman of forgery"?
>>
>>70025201
Where do you consume your Chinese dramas? Torrent? Bilibili?
>>
>>70025295
If you like Chinese mariachi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAbYi9dyNPI
>>
>>70027106
http://maplestage.com/ can help find links but a lot are on youtube

>>70026438
yeah classes are pretty silly
>>
>>70026438
I'm currently living in Beijing. Have you been to the mainland? I'm thinking about moving to Taiwan soon.
>>
>>70027110
That sounds indian, not mexican
>>
>>70027716
I haven't. Where do you want to live and what are you planning to do?
>>
>>70011730
Every single person I met there was very polite and they would sometimes casually talk to me, sometimes in English or Chinese.

I enjoyed it so much that I decided to go to work there for some years. Wish me luck.
W-will I die? Any tips for a literal English teacher with degree? I do speak the language to some extent, and I am ok with going to a non-English speaking city.
>>
>>70011730
They were extremely welcoming to me. There are people who spit (from the throat) from time to time, but I'm not sensitive to that. It's not really the people that makes China so difficult for some people to deal with imo unless they're just mad racist when they come over. I was living in an apparently fairly wealthy part of Fujian though-- I was never scammed or pick-pocketed or anything.

And this is just my view, but I think much of this complaint about mainlanders is because Taiwan and Hong Kong have so much more access to the English net, and many of them have political grievances with mainland China.
That's putting aside maladjusted sexpats which make up like 90% of reddit.
>>
>>70027972
Regardless, the song is catchy and the dancer is a goddess
>>
File: Capture.jpg (85KB, 643x427px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
85KB, 643x427px
>tfw when the waiter at the winehouse brings you and your hard-drinking friends pussy alcohol
>>
>>70011730
People here in Beijing are pretty nice and welcoming. I live in a fairly clean and developed part of the city, though. There's a lot of money being thrown around here. I'm currently dating a really hot, rich girl that does everything for me with no strings attached.

I've heard southern China is a bit different, though. Relationships and friendships are more about gaining advantages. Northerners are much more open and friendly.
>>
>>70029266
Northerner detected
>>
大家早安
>>70029012
I think a big part of it is overreacting to kids crapping on the street and no one being able to stand in line. Going to China for tourism is fine.

Working there would be a different story. I went to some career day where some journalist talked about working in China. She told us that the police threatened to use violence against her children, so she only writes positive stories. It was supposed to be a promotional talk about how being a reporter there is a good idea. Those are the moments when you realise the government of China is as bad as people say it is. Can't really blame the people from Hong Kong and Taiwam for not wanting to go back to that, especially in Taiwan as they only got rid of such things recently.

But the misbehaviour of the people is alright. It's actually the worst in the most developed parts, Shanghai's is a scammers' paradise. Hong Kong is like that too, a trip to Hong Kong is amounts to nothing but running away from Indians trying to sell fake watches.
>>
>>70030926
>Taiwam
That typo makes me laugh every time.
>>
>>70030926
>a trip to Hong Kong is amounts to nothing but running away from Indians trying to sell fake watches

holy shit fucking this. fucking poo in loos and flips ruining everything
>>
>>70031137
I suffer in the phoneposting
>>
>>70031179
There's a lot of ploppers and flips in Taiwanese trains and stations as well, but they mind their own business.
>>
What language should I learn if I want to speak with Taiwan people?
Mandarin?
How much characters I should know to be able to have normal conversations?
>>
>>70031244
Learn Mandarin. Characters aren't required when you're only speaking. If you are going to study characters, I suggest not counting them at all. You will lose count soon anyway.
>>
>>70029266
>dating a hot, rich Chinese girl
You will soon have her relatives chasing after you with their chinky cleavers trying to extort you out of money for what she has spent on you
>>
File: 498_P_1353143248773.jpg (147KB, 732x1461px) Image search: [Google]
498_P_1353143248773.jpg
147KB, 732x1461px
>>70029258
>tfw the 贵妃 was probably a harder drinker than any of us
>>
>>70031398
Her parents are much richer than her. She just also happens to have a successful business.
>>
Who was the poet who jumped into the water because he wanted to kiss the moon?
>>
>>70032262
李白
>>
>>70031891
They will cleaverfuck your skull mate I've seen it tuhao know no mercy
>>
>>70031137
Where in Taiwan do you live in study by the way?
>>
>>70029266
Southerners are quite nice

>>70024479
literally happened to me today when i spoke with some chinese classmates
>>
>>70033782
The teachers in my school give compliments when their students mess up. Maybe it's meant to encourage them.
>>
>nihao woa chao Hans, woa shi degwa shen
>非常好!!
They never even tried, I think the CI teachers didn't really give too many hoots in my case as they'll be gone in two years anyway. And for some reason she explained the r sound as mix between the french J and a soft rolled r so half the class ended up pronouncing r like sh.
>>
>>70035122
That hits close to home. Luckily I got to to take the second semester in the class with the 荷蘭華人 who learned faster and actually tried.
>>
>怹
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 411x412px
>tfw Art of War is boring af
The book of 5 rings better
>>
File: IMG_0432.jpg (363KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0432.jpg
363KB, 1024x576px
>>70035284
謝謝
>>
Think I'm gonna start taking Canto classes again

>tfw my online Canto teacher was using 英雄本色 and Beyond as study materials when I did classes with her last year

>你試過俾人用槍指住個頭未?
>未呢?
>十二年前⋯十二年喇可?
>>
>>70035718
How many languages do you know/learning?
>>
>>70035284
>怹
從來沒看過那個字
>>
>>70035718
>Cantonese

Why?
>>
>>70035539
Feel you.
I own two translations of it.
I only read it halfway trough.
>>
>>70036049
There are only a few languages I can actually have conversations in, but I've studied several at widely ranging levels. I've been a lot lazier than I'd like to admit in my years since I started taking language learning seriously, but it doesn't help that college occupies a fair amount of my current time as well.

English (native), Mandarin (able to discuss stuff like politics on a basic level), Japanese (able to engage in lower-intermediate level conversations and do day to day life stuff - my Chinese hanzi knowledge also helps me to "cheat" a bit in that I can understand the meaning of some kanji words I see but I don't necessarily know their Japanese pronunciation)

Mandarin and Japanese are the languages that I put the most focus into currently. I haven't studied Japanese in a year though, but now that I'm a Japanese major and living in Japan, provided I study enough I should be able to get my proficiency up quickly

Spanish is something that with a few weeks of study I would probably be able to have intermediate conversations in - though I'd probably stutter a lot and my pronunciation wouldn't be very good at all (studied it in high school for a few years so it's a matter of refreshing my memory)

And then there's just a random assortment of languages I only studied at a very elementary level like Arabic, Uyghur, Bulgarian - can't even have a basic conversation in those languages, but with some quick review I'd at least be able to read the Arabic script and Cyrillic again.

With Cantonese I can only say basic phrases, and sometimes I understand phrases when the pronunciation of the words is similar enough to the Mandarin pronunciation, which is why I really need to start studying it and getting some real proficiency in it.

So to answer your question "not as many languages as I would like to"

thanks for reading my blog, please subscribe

>>70036244
So I can talk with my HK and Chinese-American friends in Canto
>>
>>70036243
>在北京的土语中,随着时间的推移有些至今还活跃在北京人口头上,有些则已难觅踪影。例如“怹”字,这便是老北京人对第三人称——也就是“他”的敬称。“怹”的读音为“摊”,用在对长辈、上司或尊敬的人的称呼上。
>>
>>70036529
And here I am struggling learning my second
>>
>>70036848
>I suffer in the Canada
>>
>>70035122
>>nihao woa chao Hans, woa shi degwa shen
Sounds more like an american than anything else 2bh
>>
>>70036848
>he isn't learning his 4th language
Is this how anglos really live?
>>
>>70037935
Languages are hard, okay
>>
>>70037973
Tell me what is hard about them?
You should be able to speak at least french,since you are a canadian.
>>
>>70038018
>Tell me what is hard about them?
All them words. I find it hard remembering the vocab.

>You should be able to speak at least french,since you are a canadian.
This is what we like europeans to think but in reality, the last census showed that only 30% of canadians can actually speak french.
>>
>>70038092
Maybe I had it too well.
I had 8 german classes a week in school.
And 6 english.
>>
別死
>>
>>70040700
good point
>>
>>70001639
That's not surprising, with the fuckload of people over there there is always a bigger chance to meet a beautiful grill.
>>
>>70033646
台大

But the semester is finished unfortunately. Will go to Japan for a week soon and then back home to NL.

What do you do if I may ask?
>>
>>70041205
你點呀?
>>
>>70041926
>Will go to Japan for a week soon

make sure you eat some yakitori
>>
What's a good ""language exchange"" app to find a rich, Chinese college student gf in Germany?
>>
Chinese, why don't you break 金楯?
>>
>>70041926
I study in Leiden. Went to 中央大學 earlier.
>>
>>70042435
Chinastudies? What year? I know someone there.

I am studying in Utrecht myself.
>>
>>70042028
Yeah, I am also thinking about visiting Tokyo, would you recommend it?
>>
>>70043576
It's quite nice here, you should come!
>>
>>70043442
Third year. Pls don't dox your friend.
>>
我心疼你们
>>
>>70041983
日日都ot呀
>>
>>70042096

doesnt she have to have cute feet too?
>>
File: IMG_8969.jpg (40KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8969.jpg
40KB, 400x389px
>>70045338
I don't know what he thinks but for me it would be an absolute must.
>>
>>70045338
>doesnt she have to have cute feet too?
rich is enough for me
>>
>>70044355
Hallo :-DDD
tweedejaars hier
>>
>>70045687
Dat gevoel wanneer ik nu mijn best moet gaan doen om niet herkend te worden..
>>
Vijfdejaars Geneeskunde hier.
Waarom zijn Nederlanders hier zo bizar sterk vertegenwoordigd?
>>
>>70044981
加油
>>
File: chicken_feet.jpg (66KB, 625x417px) Image search: [Google]
chicken_feet.jpg
66KB, 625x417px
Speaking of feet, would you eat this?
>>
>>70046074
top kek
I understood half of that
>>
>>70046292
Already have

Tastes fine but I don't find it to be anything special
>>
>>70045895
S-sorry
>>
>>70045895
Haha, ik ben nu wel benieuwd wie je bent. Ik weet van een paar mensen op de studie dat ze 4chan bezoeken, maar geen van hen derdejaars.
>>
>>70046608
>Haha
>4chan
understood two words, that's progress
>>
>>70046662
>ordem e progresso
>>
>>70046608
This really is just retarded german.
At least when written down.
Phonetics are a bit different but I can see the similarities
>>
File: 鳳凰縣.jpg (612KB, 1920x1309px) Image search: [Google]
鳳凰縣.jpg
612KB, 1920x1309px
Bump
>>
File: 汾陽別墅.jpg (4MB, 7269x4752px) Image search: [Google]
汾陽別墅.jpg
4MB, 7269x4752px
>>
File: 汾陽別墅 - 二.jpg (2MB, 4912x3264px) Image search: [Google]
汾陽別墅 - 二.jpg
2MB, 4912x3264px
>>
File: 杭州西湖.jpg (869KB, 1600x866px) Image search: [Google]
杭州西湖.jpg
869KB, 1600x866px
>>
File: 張家界.jpg (738KB, 2048x997px) Image search: [Google]
張家界.jpg
738KB, 2048x997px
>>
File: 豫園.jpg (2MB, 2858x1900px) Image search: [Google]
豫園.jpg
2MB, 2858x1900px
>>
File: 紫禁城中庭.jpg (541KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
紫禁城中庭.jpg
541KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: 晉祠.jpg (4MB, 3568x2368px) Image search: [Google]
晉祠.jpg
4MB, 3568x2368px
>>
File: 蒼岩山.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
蒼岩山.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>
File: 杭州.jpg (2MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
杭州.jpg
2MB, 4608x2592px
>>
File: 開封.jpg (927KB, 4147x2746px)
開封.jpg
927KB, 4147x2746px
That's all for now
>>
Have to go to a long stressful meeting.

再见,朋友

Sometimes I wished I lived a simpler life in comfy rural china
>>
>>70049663
;^)
>>
I'm moving to Vietnam in a couple months, anyone know of any good courses to learn some basic Viet?
>>
>>70049892
This is not the thread for English teacher sexpats sorry.
>>
>>70049892
You should probably just start the Memrise course
>>
>>70049892
>I'm moving to Vietnam in a couple months
Why?
>>
>>70049778
nice pictures anon
>>
>>70047063
Dutch and German are pretty similar, it's like different 方言 of Chinese really.
>>70046608
I suspect some more people in my year to post here, but none of them are SVS popiejopies, so that's why you don't them probably.
>>
>>70052442
Thanks. I also have a few for Taiwan, will post them another time
>>
I shall resurrect this thread
>>
>>70057865
GO FEET LOVING GERMAN YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!
>>
>>70057865
Poast grills den
>>
File: 1405041518b7376c1c8da0f86f.jpg (39KB, 960x636px) Image search: [Google]
1405041518b7376c1c8da0f86f.jpg
39KB, 960x636px
>>70057956
>>70058253
>>
>>70058362
那個沒有澡盆的感覺...
>>
How many years did it take you before you felt "fluent", i.e., comfortable chatting with a native speaker without needing to pause
>>
>>70058865
Four years in, I am close.
>>
>let's have a respectful discussion on culture
>stupid yellow fever beta RP the thread
Pathetic

Saged
>>
>>70059573
You could have posted something interesting But insteadb you whine about posts you don't like, sad!
>>
>>70058865
I studied almost two years (in Asia, 3h/day) and I regularly voice chat with a grill who doesn't speak english. My chinese is good enough to talk for hours, though there are words every now and then that I don't understand. Usually she can explain them to me, and if not then she'll type the characters and I'll translate it myself.
>>
>>70059649
Oh no, typos, century f humiliation all over again!
>>
>>70059649
Let us talk about why 4chan is a disgusting cesspool of shit. And why Ryankuma is a fucking traitor

I WANT HIM TO DIE

KYS LUKA

YOU SCUMBAG
>>
>>70059709
Wrong thead for that, this is /sino/, keep it related to the Chinese speaking world.
>>
>>70059664
>hurr hurr I learn another language
>because muh yellow fever
Pathetic. You probably hate asian men
>>
File: IMG_9084.png (716KB, 640x788px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9084.png
716KB, 640x788px
>>70059573
n-need a little kiss, brexit boy?
>>
>>70059757
No. I must warn all of the traitorous Ryankuma
>>
今天的得到>>70000000
>>
>>70059761
hey now think you jumped to conclusions pretty fast don't you think anon? I am not him but just because he is voice chatting with a female doesn't mean he has yellow fever
>>
>>70059709
>>70059761
>>70059573
Hey Britbong anon maybe take a timeout and drink some tea. You seem to be in dire need of calming the fuck down. Just saying
>>
>>70060001
There's literally nothing wrong with yellow fever, having an extra study partner is just a bonus
>>
File: Sun-Tzu.jpg (44KB, 330x314px) Image search: [Google]
Sun-Tzu.jpg
44KB, 330x314px
>>70060163
I agree but I still think that brit anon jumped to conclusions pretty fast. I don't have lots of pictures with qt asian grills so take Sun Tzu
>>
>>70060877
Says the Racist

Saged
>>
大家晚安
明天再聊
>>
File: weiqi_celeb.jpg (57KB, 550x399px) Image search: [Google]
weiqi_celeb.jpg
57KB, 550x399px
>>70060971
Don't you want a hanfu-wearing, high iq weiqi-playing, dragonboat-rowing, tea-drinking, ancestor-respecting, buddha-worshipping, tai-chi-practicing, baozi-eating, lunar-celebrating, caligraphy-writing, lantern-lighting, feet-binding, pipa-playing gf?
>>
>>70060877
>Sun Tzu
No other chinese philosopher can be compared to Sun Tzu
>>
>>70061259
no,das racis
>>
>>70061259
>hanfu-wearing
I prefer qipao/cheongsam

>tea-drinking
Coffee>tea

>buddha-worshipping
I would like an irreligious gf

>feet-binding
gross
>>
>>70061689
hanfu is GOAT
>>
>>70061689
>I prefer qipao/cheongsam

This is very plebian
>>
>>70059771
>>70060877
>>70061092
>>70061259
Hey /sino/ friends, just wanted to inform you that the butthurt British flag poster you see above is a schizophrenic hapa that for the past couple of weeks has been sitting, refreshing 4chan all day in his basement waiting for threads that he perceives involve WMAF relationships in any way whatsoever, and then proceeding to spam them with triggered remarks and petty insults, usually to the point of killing the thread. He clearly gets off on being triggered and has been at this nonstop for quite awhile, so the best thing you can do is not reply to him and report his spam to the mods. Usually he does this on /pol/ but I'm guessing he got banned from there so he's going after this board now.
>>
>>70061391
why are westerners so fascinated with sun tzu?

in my impression chinese 'philosophers' lacks the logic that is fundamental to western philosophy
please correct me
>>
I'm planning to get from nothing to N1 this year, how may i start?
>frequent DJT
>chink
>five year animu watching
>no i don't use anki
>able to read wiki in jap and random matome sites
>>
>>70061904
He's very quotable

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."
>>
>>70049339
Were you studying in Kyoto last year?
>>
>>70011730

The mainland is a total shithole. I can only assume the others replying haven't stayed in the mainland for very long, or else they don't go outside very much/don't interact with the everyday 农民.

I lived and did business in the mainland for years, in Beijing, Tianjin, Baoding, Dalian and Shanghai. In order, Shanghai --> Dalian --> Tianjin --> Beijing --> Baoding, but none of them were even close to Taipei or Hong Kong in terms of cleanliness or quality of life.

Singapore, Hong Kong, and Taiwan are all vastly superior to the mainland. If you want a pleasant Chinese experience, avoid the mainland.
>>
>>70061904
I don't know others, but for me, what stand out about Sun Tzu is how practical and applicable the art of war is. It's a strategy book, a lot of people wil say "lol this is obvious", but then they act in the exact opposite way Sun Tzu says you should
>>
>>70062151
You really need to be mentally resilient to survive mainland China.

Most of /sino/ agrees that moving to China permanently is a bad idea >>69970614
>>
>>70062151
Elaborate? What made it so different from Taiwan or Hong Kong?
>>
>>70062151
i think china is very liberating in the sense that you can do whatever disgusting thing in public eg. littering or wear stupid clothes because theres always a worse chinese on the street
>>
>>70062576
It's pretty much a nation of billion people who don't give a fuck
>>
File: 1472273373495.png (97KB, 362x492px) Image search: [Google]
1472273373495.png
97KB, 362x492px
>>70062551

The people and the environment. Mainlanders are horrendously rude people to the extent that they are internationally recognized as such, even among overseas Chinese e.g. Singaporeans and Hong Kongers (yes, Hong Kong does fit into this category). I have no idea what the hell the others were talking about with 'polite' mainlanders. Beijing in particular is known as one of worst mannered places even among mainland cities. By this I mean the total disregard for other people; spitting, cutting in line, speaking loudly, standing in the middle of a staircase or doorway checking their phone, littering, violence (seen more street fights and violent incidents in China than in the rest of my life combined), public defecation and urination, hell I've even seen an entire line of traffic held up, about 300m long because some guy had to buy cabbage from atop his scooter rather than pulling over, meaning no one could pass through the market street until he was done. When waiting for the subway at the terminal station in Beijing, I REPEATEDLY had to shove aside people who were crowding around the doors and blocking entry onto the train, because there were no seats available they were waiting for the next train, yet does that mean they stand aside? Of course not, it means they crowd the door so they can jostle and shove to be the first ones in. It's something you don't really notice if you're visiting for 1-2 weeks, but after a few months you can no longer excuse these things as artefacts of culture, you begin to understand that these are just a bunch of unmannered peasants who don't give a fuck about anyone other than themselves and their immediate circle. Same behavior pattern bears itself out in business settings, i.e. 'me first, fuck everyone else'.

And obviously pollution is fucking terrible. I had a silver necklace that was stained coal-black after one winter in Beijing. Can't be understated how bad it is.

Taiwan/Hong Kong are largely free of these things.
>>
>>70062839
Damn, I've been in Beijing for 5 months and I don't think it's nearly as bad as you're making it out to be.

I've lived in Seoul and Osaka in the past. Yeah, people are much more "raw" here but you feel more free here as well. You don't really need to worry about getting in trouble for anything because no one really gives a shit.
>>
>>70063003

What district are you living in?
>>
>>70062839
Personally I hate how they simply don't (want to?) understand the concept of queueing. People are standing all over the place and when the bus/whatever arrives, everyone tries to enter it at the same time. Then you go to HK or TW and people line up on their own and wait for their turn. Like you said, 'me first, fuck everyone else'.
>>
>>70063312
It's as easy as going full idgaf.
I just go forward.
Did I bump into someone? Smile an politely apologize while you move forward.

Crossing streets is where shit gets crazy. You have to walk like you're the man and cars are going to stop for you... maybe. They normally do after a bit of practice, but just in case keep your spider senses on full alert because some people give even less fucks than you do. It feels like playing frogger irl.
>>
>>70063093
Daxing
>>
>>70062151
It's a developing country still so I don't think low quality of life in some areas should be a surprising thing
>>
>>69988024
It depends on the method. Rote memorizing them seems like it would be hard, I learned alot of them from just chatting with people on LINE and having the Pleco popup dictionary plugin.

Your brain has a knack for retaining information that conveyed information to it, so learning by reading real information is by far the most effective way in my experience.
>>
>>70062839
>spitting, cutting in line, speaking loudly, standing in the middle of a staircase or doorway checking their phone, littering, violence

Not saying any of that is acceptable, but all of those things basically describe certain big cities in general. I've seen plenty of people spitting, tourists standing in the middle of subway stairs looking at their phones, drunk people pissing on streets, hobos shitting, and trash and rats all over subway tracks in NYC.
>>
Ever since I read The Journey to the West, I've wanted to be an immortal god.
>>
>>70062839
>>70064142
How did you end up in China? Like, what are your jobs? Do you regret moving to there?
>>
>>70064765
Have you read the other 4 great classical novels?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Great_Classical_Novels
>>
>>70064897
I've started on Three Kingdoms.

Guan Sheng Di Jun seems like a great deity.
>>
File: 1478849604689.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1478849604689.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>70064801

Steel trading.

I've not been living in China since June of last year.
>>
>>70065403
Are you the guy that posted those horror stories on /biz/ one time?
>>
>>70064801
I have to teach English now but it's pretty comfy. I work 15 hours a week and have about 5 weeks off starting this week.

I'm trying to learn Chinese as quickly as possible to get out of teaching.
>>
>>70065836

Yep
>>
>>70066227
Figured as much. I think someone screencapped the posts, they were very... educational. I still remember how you mentioned someone you knew got absolutely fucked when trying to import Chinese steel even though you warned them that the particular "deal" was a scam.
>>
>>70065836
shit I remember that too
any other stories to tell expanon?
>>
File: 1472669945516.gif (920KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
1472669945516.gif
920KB, 245x230px
>>70066350

Correct, later on he then refused to pay us interest he was contractually obliged to because he thought we would take it lying down, so we sued him, had him and his company declared bankrupt by court order (Russian legal system is rather draconian) and are currently garnishing incoming payments into his bank accounts until we get what we're owed.

We were funding his transactions and acting a third party middleman, where all money would pass through us but we'd be in control of the steel for collateral. We could make money off of this because of the lack of liquidity in Russia at the time. The rouble was tanking and no one was lending, but we could get a pretty good rate on the capital by giving good terms and extending a credit line; we were cheaper than banks by ~30%. Anyway, we'd advise him on certain deals (e.g. "Don't do this this is obviously a scam), he wouldn't listen, he'd import the steel, get fucked over and then not pay us for months because he didn't have the expected money from the sale. Fair enough, we were pretty lenient and even gave him an exceptionally good rate of 1%/month so that he could pay us back sooner, only to have him turn around and abuse it, prioritizing other deals and not paying us back *purely because our money was so much cheaper than the bank's*. When we called him on it and jacked the rates back up to what we had originally agreed upon, he declared he owed us nothing and wouldn't pay us a single kopek of the interest, only paying back the principle. So we sued him, because fuck that guy.

It's only $40,000, but he's a scummy piece of shit and I've been wanting to do something like this for a while. I burned so many contacts negotiating bottom-level prices for him only for the prepayment never to arrive after signing a contract because some other company offered it to him 3 days faster if he bought from them (typical Chinese shenanigans, it was never 3 days earlier, usually ~1 week later). I'll not shed a tear.
>>
File: 1471381745208.jpg (294KB, 1024x574px) Image search: [Google]
1471381745208.jpg
294KB, 1024x574px
>>70066487

Could tell you about the Azerbaijani incident we had recently, but I'm pretty sure I'd just derail the thread more than I already have.
>>
>>70066565
Wow. Even if it is only $40,000, I don't blame you for wanting to get back at him. He sounds like a real piece of work.
>>
>>70066565
>>70066565
How does it feel to be a minor 4chan celeb? Literally every time I see China being brought up on other boards someone posts your story.

You speak fluently, right?

I'm currently living in Beijing. Am I correct in understanding that you think Shanghai is the best mainland city? How does it differ from Beijing?
>>
>>70066757

>How does it feel to be a minor 4chan celeb? Literally every time I see China being brought up on other boards someone posts your story.

I'm not on here often enough to know, but that's highly entertaining if true.

>You speak fluently, right?

More or less, I speak Chinese well enough to understand most everything I read and hear around me (though there were times when some 包子铺 shopkeep would ask me something and I'd have no idea what he just said) and I understand industry specific Chinese. For example, 镍含量,离岸价格,货运,代理商,每炉钢铁多少吨 etc.

>Am I correct in understanding that you think Shanghai is the best mainland city? How does it differ from Beijing?

Yes, and it differs from Beijing in that it is cleaner and the western mannerisms (courtesy) are more abundant.
>>
>>70066890
Thanks. Do you have any opinions on Shenzhen?
>>
File: lao1.png (573KB, 899x757px) Image search: [Google]
lao1.png
573KB, 899x757px
>>70066966

Nope, never been. I have been to Hong Kong though, and it was essentially everything I thought China was going to be, but wasn't. I have a good friend who lives in Guangzhou (just up the river from Shenzhen), however, and he highly recommends it. So if Shenzhen is anything at all like those two cities, it should be alright.
>>
>>70061904
He had a considerable amount of influence on the West.(We love war,or I have been told so)
Every dictator/great politician had a copy of the Art of War on their shelves.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INiQrIUvcTU
>>
File: click-me-for-something-funny.gif (2MB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
click-me-for-something-funny.gif
2MB, 420x315px
Hey, you guys. I know I said a lot of hurtful things to you while I was in China, but it was for your own benefit.

I hope you we can all look past my previous ugliness and we can move forward together, without any hard feelings or grudges.
>>
>>70063003
Some people just can't handle really minor inconveniences. It's because they are mentally weak imo. i definitely get why people kill aristocrats
>>
>>70064013
Things become much more comfortable when you decide to just set aside your own set of norms and act like a local person

as for crossing the street I found the general rule was:
don't stop moving or change direction. change your speed but move in a predictable way. don't act like a weirdo-- do what everyone else is doing-- it's what the drivers expect you to do
>>
>>70064650
i agree, if people contextualized these events well they wouldn't be so upset by them, but the exoticness of china causes people to develop strange theories about the Chinese Mind
>>
>>70070456

One thing that does disgust me a bit is how rarely queuing happens here. People will line up for the subway but 5 seconds before the doors open they start shoving and cutting like animals so they can race for a seat.

Getting lunch at work is a huge pain in the ass too. If I don't assert myself other Chinese people will just cut in front of me and start ordering their shit when I was clearly ahead of them. They really are like peasants in certain situations.
>>
>>70070456
This was logical and comprehensive post

I recommend you read more from this author
>>
>>70070630
No I've read all that shit before.
>>70070564
this is my rebuttal
I also don't like people complaing about stupid peasants and literally using that language for personally held political reasons
>>
>>70061904
Because Sunzi is applicable an not about silly obscure drumming rituals.
>>
>>70070938
Because laozi and kongzi are?
>>
>>70071029
Laozi is obscure, Kongzi is indeed about obscure drumming rituals, that's what the rants about 樂 and 禮 are about.
T.
Does not actually like Sunzi
>>
>>70071264
>老子
>obscure
Anon please.He became a meme in the west when the hippies found out the whole taoism thing.
>Dood just dont try peace LMAO

Kongzi is one two thirds drum ritual,I agree about that.
The rest is sociology/morality
>>
>>70005956
你吃的是上海年糕嗎?廣東年糕用煎的比較好吃

>>70024987
Herbal tea is medicine, of course it tastes funny

>>70025485
It's sung in the Southern Min language, so the pronunciation is different from Mandarin.
>>
>>70071384
>Laozi
>not obscure
Not in the sense or being unknown, but the content is rather cryptic.
>>
Tiny Chinese Cocks
>>
>>70071545
Big Taiwanese Dicks
>>
File: 1475582387827.jpg (104KB, 430x452px) Image search: [Google]
1475582387827.jpg
104KB, 430x452px
>>
yellow sideways slits
>>
>>70071413
>你吃的是上海年糕嗎?廣東年糕用煎的比較好吃

没错,在这边除了上海年糕和韩式年糕以外别的都是买不到的。结果俺搞了点儿台式牛肉汤用年糕来代替面条,满不错的。
>>
>一路順風
oh shit he's back?
>>
>>70074365
really makes you think
>>
>>70075373
What's your endgame
Study another language and settle as an English teacher on a temp visa in China
>>
>>70075373
i tried learning cantonese for like 10 minutes but i gave up, how did you get on?
>>
>>70075414
>endgame
I guess to study as many languages as I can before I die

I think after I graduate from college I might go to graduate school to learn how to become a professional interpreter or something
>>
>>70075581
Been reviewing some old lessons written by my teacher to refresh my memory

The thing is because I already know some Mandarin, the reading/writing isn't much of a problem, it's more so going from the 4 tones of Mandarin to the 6 (plus 3 checked tones) of Canto that's the difficult part, plus some of the pronunciations are difficult (keoi, heoi, hoeng, checked tone words like sap, sik, etc)

I really like how Cantonese sounds though, and there's a lot of good music from HK
>>
File: 1475520325924.jpg (342KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1475520325924.jpg
342KB, 1024x683px
同時在日本
>>
有年瘗土,无年瘗土。无失民时,无使之治下。知贫富利器,皆时至而作,渴时而止。是以老弱之力可尽起,其用日半,其功可使倍。不知事者,时未至而逆之,时既往而慕之,当时而薄之,使其民而郤之。民既郤,乃以良时慕,此从事之下也。
>>
大家过大年干啥呀?
>>
>太原过春节的风俗是串门拜年。从正月初二起,人们就像着魔似的轮番往自己认识的人家跑,你来我往好不热闹,家家都是走马灯式的你方唱罢我登场,场面全都一样:见面拜年寒暄,主人说请坐请吃瓜子花生糖果请抽烟请喝茶,客人说不吃不吃刚吃过不喝不喝刚喝完,话还没说圆乎,又来一拨客人。于是老客告辞,新客落座,重复刚才的内容请坐请吃请喝,刚吃完刚喝过……
>>
>>70078682
What am I doing for the New Year?
Well the Saturday is the proto-gf's birthday, so to celebrate that as well as the start of Chinese New Year, the whole class is going out to eat hotpot.

Then on the Sunday, everyone is going to a near by city with a large Chinese population to do some Chinese New Year shit. I'm not actually sure what it is, but it's free and we're going to go for a meal while we're there
>>
>>70075662
>music from HK
have you listened to
prune deer
thud
蔡世豪?
very enjoyable music (not in cantonese tho)
>>
>>70074133
年糕可爆着吃 参见丰子恺《爆炒米花》
可如今土制球釜是越来越少了
>>
>>70078937
sounds like a fucking pain
why not just stay at home, play video game?
>>
>>70079886
I really like hotpot, and it gives me something to do
>>
>>70079725
那篇文章真好读,谢谢你的分享
>>
>>70081486
>读

The linguist did a terrible job designing this character, looks like sell
>>
>>70078814
consider a graph
with vertexes as famillies, and edges such that all and only family that knows each other has an edge connecting them.
rules are:
There are 15 days ( or 10 days) with 5 sub-stages everyday.
In every stages, each family can choose to visit someone else, or choose to stayed at home.
A meetup happens if and only if a family stayed at home, and a visiting family visiting said home in the same stage.
How would you design an algorithm to maximise number of meetup in confinement of 15 days ( or 10 days)
>>
File: 1460308413224.png (185KB, 420x363px) Image search: [Google]
1460308413224.png
185KB, 420x363px
>can't find a copy of 西游记 up on the used bookshop
>only 西游补 is up there
>mfw
Is it worth 2~ bucks in itself or do I need 西游记 to get it?
>>
>>70082238
thats 'simplified' 'chinese' for you
>>
>>70082238

卖 is a phonetic element that appears in a number of characters that read du; see 渎,犊, 椟,黩,牍 etc.

>>70084533

讀 also has 賣 in it, Einstein. I've heard traditiotards say some dumb shit but this has got to be the dumbest.
>>
>>70085702
簡體字勿入
>>
>>70086646
大人说话,小孩儿别插嘴
>>
>>70062050
Yup, you remember well
>>
>mfw people complain about China today
>mfw they probably didn't see China in the 90's

That was some shit, I tell you. China nowadays is like fucking paradise compared to the Mordor it used to be. And people nowadays think its' bad... baka desu fampai
>>
>>70087485
I am hanfu shill. Did you finish your studies?
>>
I don't want to do anki today :(
>>
>>70088097
I have been neglecting my studies for a good two weeks now
>Fuck, tests and all tha this week,next week will be free
>And they announce tests for the next week anyways
FUCK THIS.I have been doing this for 3 weeks now!
>>
File: 漢服.jpg (283KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
漢服.jpg
283KB, 950x950px
>>70088057
I finished my research, met lots of awesome people, saw an incredible amount of temples, seen a noh play, had all imaginable kinds of food and sake, had my bike removed and found it again in some depot, climbed a fair amount of mountains, and in short had a really incredible time.
I would recommend studying in Kyoto to everyone who speaks a fair amount of Japanese.

There were quite a few people who preferred hanfu. I remember an HK flag as well, though he was a bit more recent.
>>
>>70088388
Any stories to tell? I'm the HK flag from /eastasia/ btw, just studying in the US for now. I asked you for places to visit in Kyoto but didn't end up visiting lol, guess I'll go again in a few years.
>>
>>70089463
>>70089463
>>
>>70089003
Nice! California I suppose?

I guess it's not really related to /sino/, but I'll tell a short story, just getting some pictures off my phone that I haven't posted on facebook so scary people on the internet can't find my identity
>>
>>70089522
Yeah how did you figure? Ok looking forward to it.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.