[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Autism Intelligence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Shah Mosque, Isfahan.jpg (341KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shah Mosque, Isfahan.jpg
341KB, 1280x720px
Think about it, then answer.
>>
Gave it a good long thought and here's my result: No

Daily reminder to abort your autistic fetuses
>>
*thinks about it intensely*

NO!

crikey, la! the answer is NO!
>>
>>69980062
No, it just sometimes leads to obsessive dedication to shit that no one else cares about. If you also happen to be smart independent of that, then the result seems like genius.
>>
>>69980106
>>69980113
>>69980155
you guys didn't think about it long enough

>>69980127
this is what I was kinda getting at, all the truly awesome shit humans have made have required intense dedication.
>>
>>69980062
yes and no
>>
>>69982116
>>69980127
both of these, if you're an autist and obsess over science, architecture, politics, etc (basically, something useful), you might discover something new that will make that particular field advance
>>
>>69982820
I always wanted to be a high functioning autist like that. But in reality I've been just a mentally retarded autist who is good for nothing. Also it seems like even people who excel in those field actually tend to have decent communication skill.
>>
>>69980062
aspies are often very intelligent, full autists might be savants but they are otherwise dumbfucks
>>
>>69980062
Really made me think
>>
>>69980062
No

Certain kinds may help with certain intellectual pursuits, but it's not intelligence.
>>
>>69980062
Think about it this way:

In school, you are taught to multitask and get bad grades when you give wrong answers to questions.

So by the time you graduate, you end up having ADHD, being OCD on your work, sperging out about how superior your degree is over other people's degrees, and become autistic about your workfield.
>>
For once, a 4chan post that made me think about something.
People with high-functioning autism are often more intelligent than the average person, and generally do better in school. However, they often lag behind other children in social skills, and are perceived as odd. Low and mid-functioning autistic children usually do not have the creativity and intelligence of high-functioning ones, but have the same or worse social issues. I'm high-functioning autistic, and I got straight A's clean through middle and high school (and these were supposed to be a fucking challenge) but I had next to no friends the entire time and was utterly miserable when I wasn't working. Probably why I'm on this godless website right now. So no OP, it's not a measure of intelligence but it sure as hell is a pain in the fucking ass.
>>
>>69980062
no

intelligence is autism
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.