[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rio de Janeiro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

File: RIO.jpg (66KB, 674x446px) Image search: [Google]
RIO.jpg
66KB, 674x446px
Can any of you brazil-fags give me a guide on how to not be a fuckstick tourist while I'm in rio? I'm spending 6 months there and would like to know about social norms, cultural values, nightlife, how to not get shot or stabbed or mugged, anything like that.

So teach me all about Rio de Janeiro

Falo português tambem
>>
if you're spending 6 months there i'm sure you'll figure it out
>>
>>69935946
The south (kek) part of Rio is the richest and it's full of tourists. Stay there
I guess you should dress like a local? Wear flip flops,don't go out with a rolex, don't wander aimlessly, things like that. Also find a trustworthy local to guide you around
t. visited RJ three times
>>
>>69935993
while true, i like to be prepared when i go places
>>
dont follow homeless looking people. while i was there 2 drunk guys were like 'let me take you where youre going' and i said no. they didnt do anything to me but with one of them a cop came and pushed him out of my way telling him to piss of.
>>
>>69936062
what is the local fashion? just flip flops and a bathing suit?
>>
File: 1474385663110.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
1474385663110.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>69935946
>how to not be a fuckstick tourist while I'm in rio?

Go to a favela, do some crank meth out of a juicebox then get kidnapped and sold for organ harvesting.
>>
>>69936179
i've heard the young homeless children are dangerous to be around as well, is this true?
>>
>>69936261
>being this naive
children are fucking dangerous everywhere lid. little to no self awareness/control or realisation of consequences to their actions.
>>
>>69936685
ok thanks for stating a basic fact you fuck ass, the difference is that there's a huge segment of poor homeless kids that start sniffing glue at 6 years old and will fucking shank you for anything that looks of value on your person. oh, and the laws there prevent kids from actually getting into any serious trouble. go back to living under shariah law you fucking muslim
>>
Do you have a braziliam friend? Because, if you don't, buying everything here will be overpriced, even if you speak portuguese. In additional, if you visit Cristo Redentor(The big Jesus) and other places like beach etc, buy your food and drink before to avoid spending money, the prices in touristic places, like all world, is expensive.
“how to not get shot or stabbed or mugged, anything like that. “
Don’t wear tourist’s clothes. Really, I don’t know why Americans came here with a safari hat, It’s a plate telling everyone that you are a gringo, so try to wear like a Brazilian wears, if possible. Don’t walk here like you are in your yard, showing cell phone and wallet on the streets.
About the shots, it’s a Russian roulette, sorry. I don’t know why gringo loves favelas so much, so ask for some Brazilian what favelas is the less dangerous to go. Actually, don’t be shy in ask something to us here in Brazil, we always help gringos over here. At least, its what I think about it.
>>
>>69936867
If you know all this, why ask, and also why the rudeness?
>>
>>69936979
não gosto de fazer actividades muito turisticas. Como me visto para evitar olhar como turista?
>>
>>69937098
i don't like the condescending attitude that fuckstick brit had. sorry to bother you sweden, you seem like a kind person. I apologize for all the towel niggers in your country.
>>
>>69936200
This is not Brazil, fuck off.
>>
>>69937145
>>>69937098 (You)
>i don't like the condescending attitude that fuckstick brit had. sorry to bother you sweden, you seem like a kind person. I apologize for all the towel niggers in your country.
Haha, well why apologize, it's not your fault. Our leftist- and your war mongering politicians are to blame.

Protip from my travels. Have a public wallet with not much in it and all tyour cards/cash in a clip on the inside of your belt.
>>
>>69937107
Põe uma glock escondida na cintura
>>
File: Brazil Toilets.jpg (661KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Brazil Toilets.jpg
661KB, 2048x1536px
>>69937178
Don't lie, Juao
>>
>>69937207
I learned that one growing up in mexico, decoy wallets are great
>>
>unironically going to Rio.

Why you fucking tourists visit somewhere else? It's a fuckhuge country, why go to such a shithole like Rio?
>>
>>69937145
>condescending attitude
you're the one who's asking to be spoonfed here you utter cretin.
no shit the children there will fuck you up, and i
sincerely hope they do.
>>
>>69937303
Going to Grad School there
>>
>>69937362
I'd rather die in rio than have to deal with the awful people in your country. it's amazing that even shariah law hasn't made your country any worse, cause it already fucking sucked to begin with.
>>
>>69937370

Can't change to somewhere else?
>>
>>69937303
if he is going for 6 months i dont think he's being a tourist
>>
>>69937425
No, FGV is a really good school and is partnered with my host institution in the US
>>
>>69936129

write a will before going, you will be stabbed
>>
>>69937145

>asks several retarded questions
>is offended when he receives basic answers

You're validating almost every negative American stereotype there is. I'm not sure you should be traveling anywhere, because it's fuckwits like you who end up dead in an unfamiliar place.
>>
>>69935946
Please get shanked
>>
>>69937491
uhh... nope, everyone else seems to be being helpful or at least humorous, y'all are just too far stuck up your own asses to offer anything of value. have fun watching your shit form
>>
File: emu-wars-running-ponies.jpg (256KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
emu-wars-running-ponies.jpg
256KB, 640x480px
>>69937253
shoo shoo
>>
>>69937487
i don't have anything of value to will out, so it doesn't really matter. Which means i'm worth about the equivalent of panama's entire GDP
>>
>tfw lives in Rio
>>
>>69937563
Please get shanked, I wanna read some entertaining news.
>>
>>69937107
Its not that difficult, use short tactel, flip flops, jeans, sneakers, t-shirt. I advise you to look for brazillians youtubers and figure out by yourself.
>>
>>69937417
hopefully you will friend, hopefully you will.
as the aussies has pointed out you're the perfect candidate to be found floating upside down, bloated and full of stabwound off the copacabana beach
>>
>>69937592
it's not going to be in the news, it sounds like it happens more than daily there.
>>
File: Dilma Smile!.jpg (580KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Dilma Smile!.jpg
580KB, 1280x800px
>>69937545
no thanks Lucio
>>
>>69937571
then help this bloke, carioca
>>
>>69935946
Don't go at night in dangerous places. Don't walk outside with too much stuff.
>>
>>69937619
what is tactel?
and good idea, i didn't think about the youtuber thing
>>
File: br peace offering.png (21KB, 203x200px) Image search: [Google]
br peace offering.png
21KB, 203x200px
>>69937636
>Posting best girl
daww can't come to actually hate you Austria.
>>
Pqp tenho um amigo que literalmente está juntando moedas pra sair daqui e vem um murica falar que vai estudar aqui.
I seriously can't fathom this
>>
File: favelados.jpg (40KB, 303x400px) Image search: [Google]
favelados.jpg
40KB, 303x400px
>>69935946
>hide you phone
>hide your wallet
>don't wear any jewelry
>favelas are no-go zones
>be extra aware of your surroundings
>>
>>69935946
I lived there for most of my life. A lot of people hate foreign tourists because it's a common thought that the tourists who visit Rio are the poor and unneducated ones who can't afford a better vacation (which is wierd since Rio is expensive city even for euro standards).
>>
>>69937778
As universidades no Rio são boas!
>>
>>69937718
it is okay my melanin-rich friend

:D
>>
>>69937847
It's definitely expensive, and this is not a vacation. I'm living there for a while and studying so I'm just trying to get a good feel for what I should do when I get there. I'm hispanic by descent so I don't look white either which I'm hoping will help my case.
>>
>>69937680
Look for "short tactel masculino quiksilver" at google
>>
>>69937854
>>69937633
>>69935946
be aware of the black kids without shirt
>>
>>69937778

Are you actually pissed?

I've seen people here really hating on foreigners that moved here, i thought it was just them.
>>
>>69937417

>"Why you gatta be such a gaadamn jerk!"

>>69937534

>Called stupid for asking stupid questions
>Gets offended
>Insults the other person's country, boldly declaring that you'd sooner die before visiting it
>"Naaah, I'm not validating any stereotypes!"

You're actually retarded. The fact that you honestly can't see how you're validating stereotypes only further validates those exact same stereotypes.

You're embarrassing yourself. Sure, the U.K poster was being smarmy, but at least he understands how he's doing it, which makes it infinitely less obnoxious.
>>
>>69937847
Other tips:
When you're in the plane close to the Galeão airport, you will see a frightening sea of favelas. This is the outskirts of the city, don't panic because your route to the city won't pass inside them.
Also DON'T USE THE AIRPORT TAXIS when you arrive in Rio. They are known for scamming and will make you pay more than 100 USD for a run. Use Uber instead.
>>
>>69937854
cuidado com o seu .

>Representantes do aplicativo de localização Waze informaram que vão tomar medidas para evitar que rotas perigosas sejam oferecidas aos usuários através do GPS.

>A decisão vem em resposta ao assassinato de uma senhora de 70 anos, que teve o carro fuzilado ao ser guiada, pelo aplicativo, para uma favela dominada por traficantes, em Niterói, estado do Rio.

>Em agosto, a vítima foi a atriz Fabiana Karla, que teve o carro baleado depois de entrar, também por engano, na mesma comunidade. Fabiana escapou da morte, por pouco.

>A mesma sorte não teve o alpinista Ulisses da Costa, de 36 anos. Ele também errou o caminho e acabou entrando na Favela Vila do Sapê, em Duque de Caxias. O carro de Ulisses também foi baleado e o rapaz acabou assassinado por bandidos.
>>
>>69937935
oh swim trunks, I have a few pairs that are very short, which is the style correct?
>>69937939
does that mean they're poor?
>>69937986
thank you
>>
>>69938073
*cuidado com o seu GPS
>>
>>69937986
Yes, Uber is love, Uber is life. Don't even think about use Taxi, gringo.
>>
>>69938088
yes and they are from favelas, kids don't go to prison so they steal. our laws are shit
>>
>>69938101
I was mainly going to rely on metro and bus for transport during the day, and uber for when i go out, i've heard lots of bad things about taxis from friends who have gone.
>>
>>69938088
>does that mean they're poor?
they're the most likely to rob and kill you
>>
>>69936195
just wear normal hot climate/beach clothes: bermuda shorts, t-shirt, sneaker/flops. just dont be flashy, i.e., "im a fucking rich tourist look at my rolex, rayban, huge golden phone".

leave necklaces, earrings and any sort of jewelry home really. actually, dont even bring them.

dont try to enter any favela without a guide. actually, dont go anywhere new unless you are absolutely sure how to get there (don rely on gps to drive, ask reliable people before hand)
>>
>>69938210
I'm pretty sure I'm going to be living in either Botafogo, Leblon, Ipa, or copa. Currently looking for apartments now, but of those areas, where should I avoid? And which of these areas is the roughest?
>>
General question for my Brazilian Friends, should I hide the fact that I'm gringo from people? I speak spanish fluently so should I tell people i'm Mexican instead?
>>
>>69938372

No. All of that you saw here only applies to Rio.

Outside is safer for you.
>>
>>69938088
Dunno.

Actually, if you are going to study here, its too informal use this at college, use jeans and shorts with belt. I think the wear is pretty equal at the americans.
By the way, If you are going to study at the PUC, be alert at the esquerda caviar.
>>
>>69938464
FGV is where i'm studying, it has a dress code form what i understand. Collared Shirt, Pants, and Close toed shoes are mandatory every day. But that is my normal style in the US so i'm not worried about that, I'm just trying to not stick out.
>>
>>69938433
Is sao paulo safer than rio?
>>
>>69938372
Gringo in Brazil means foreigner, saying you're mexican is just saying you're a gringo.
As far as I'm concerned people don't hate americans. Middle class people you actually like it and try to show off/practise their english skills with you. To low class people it won't make a difference and you shouldn't be interacting with them anyways
>>
>tfw i can literally see the airport from my house but i'm too poor to give op a ride in the city
>>
>>69938793
What are the class of people I'd be dealing with in my university classes? Other than the other international students, I'm going to be around a lot of the normal students as well. Are they middle class/ upper class? And how does the upper class feel about americans?
>>
>>69938837
Hey man it's the thought that counts, i'd be glad to get a ride from any brazil anon and make a friend. ya know as long as they didn't stab me or shoot me.
>>
>>69938934
FGV right? Middle and upper class mostly.
Just don't be arrogant and condescending and you'll be fine
>>
>>69939104
I'm a pretty quiet person, I'm just hoping to make some friends to go out to some bars and drink with. I'd also like to meet gorgeous brazilian girls that I hear so much about.
>>
>>69938624

2nd safest city and lowers every year.
>>
>>69939148
is brasilia the safest?
>>
>>69939136
>I'm a pretty quiet person
Don't be too much of an introvert. Brazil is a turbonormie country. Learn how to read the flow, spot the alpha guy and girl of the group fast and follow the leader
>>
>>69939167

No it's Santa Catarina(state), but brasilia is one of the safest too.
>>
>>69939210
that makes sense. I'm just a quiet person, not an introvert. I love to party and stuff though. I'm very excited to get into the night life and I'm unbelievably excited for the beaches.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.