/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deae Americans, could you explain one thing to me. 1) Trump won

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Deae Americans, could you explain one thing to me.
1) Trump won the elections by the number of serious reasons, and one of them was the Rust Belt. He promised to return automobile industry (yet you actually still make a lot of cars) and other non-technological industry to USA, and people from the Rust Belt and other places like that voted for him.
2) On the other hand, your unemployment is only 5%.
I see kind of contradiction in it. Explain please. Does the Rust Belt comprises only 5% of population or so? Do the people from that region have other jobs now (Wallmart salesman, security guard, etc) but they don't like it and want to go back to the lathes?
>>
>>69789614
Yes
>>
hi
he isn't solving the unemployment problem per se, he is bring high wage jobs back
all those people supposedly downgraded
obama "solved" the high unemployment

manufacturing is pretty technically and most importantly highly viewed in the us, unlike russia or china, it was the bread and butter of the 60-80s, not the same thing as "working in a factory"
there is no contradiction because you think low wage assembly is the same thing as high tech manufacturing

the possibility of it is low but the argument isn't about how likely it is to remake hundreds of thousands of technical jobs to some place that no longer have that level of education to support those industries
>>
>>69790343
>low wage assembly is the same thing as high tech manufacturing
it is though, have you ever been inside a motor plant? the amount of illiterate technicians that barely know how to breath outnumbers those who have tittle or know how the machinery work and yet all of those unskilled highschool drop outs want to get payed as lawyers or doctors? fucking ridiculous.
is either treating blue collar workers as what they're supposed to be or go full on automation, not such thing as creating high paying jobs can solve a manufacturing crisis.
>>
>>69791027
it doesn't but that's what they believe man
i know but they don't they hope is to make america back into what it was, that is to ignore all the technicals about the progression of technology that eroded manufacturing wages

they used to make 80k a year in an assembly plant you know
>>
>>69789614
Yes and the USSR had a 1% unemployment rate.
>>
>>69789614
>your unemployment is only 5%

fake number. they only count those who still ask for jobs, many people gave up
>>
>>69791149
Thank you for this instructive post.
Now pls return to /pol/ and never go back.
>>
>>69791232
and the 40% number trumpo quoted indoors retirees and children.

either way though, people who quit looking for work are dumbasses with no skills and deserve no sympathy.
>>
>>69789614
Service sector jobs payed shit compared to manufacturing jobs. Those jobs are gone and aren't ever coming backZ Trumps just playing to nostalgia and won't actually deliver on his promises.
>>
>>69791649
And at the mean time he is fuckin our economy.
>>
>>69791936
It's our fault tho. Mexico a bad boy. Trump dindu nuffin.
>>
>>69791286
I was baiting for the autistic french (You)
>>
>>69790343
>high tech manufacturing
But high tech manufacturing in USA is still in a pretty good conditions, it's a big part of your export. Actually those were the low skill jobs who moved to China (and now is moving from Chiba to SEA because China is a pretty developed country now with a salaries 1,5-2x higher than in Russia for example).
>>69791027
Well, some kind of industry requires high skilled workers... And it's not cars manufacturing (well, car engines - yes, but not a car assembly). These industries are aerospace industry, for example, instrumentation, etc. And all these industries are in a good conditions in USA now.
>>69791149
It actually had, not working was punishable by law.
>>69791649
I understand, but as a mechanical engineer specializing in manufacturing I can say that modern manufacturing requires only a small number of workers of either ape or highly skilled tier qualifications. CNC machine tools need a smal number of full retards who could put the work in and out. And they can be substituted with robots if it's mass production.
Modern industry requires many engineers though.
Even if Trump manages to bring the automobile corporations and low tech industry back - it's not a problem actually, Chinese factories are highly automated now too and salaries in China are relatively big, 700-1000$ - they don't need that much people anymore.
>>
>>69789614
the real question is, if thats the case, whether americans would be most willing to buy their cars. it would require a massive patriotism as much as serious anti globalism and capitalism. ofc americars couldnt be more popular in the rest of the world unless at least it becomes much more affordable than ever.

i still havent understood what consequence americans expect for these trumpolicies.
>>
>>69794699
>Chinese factories are highly automated now too and salaries in China are relatively big, 700-1000$
Electricity in China is cheaper, also they have less ecology and health regulations.
But the rest is correct, he is playing with nostalgia. Modern industry needs small number of skilled workers and engineers. Industries which hire major amount of people, which use mostly hand labor, like making clothes, would not be brought back because of salaries. They don't even make shit like that in China, I haven't seen made in China on clothes for a few years, only SEA, India and Pakistan.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.