[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do people talk online nowadays?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: social-network.jpg (86KB, 424x283px) Image search: [Google]
social-network.jpg
86KB, 424x283px
Hello. I have a question.

I haven't been using any social networks for a few years. I don't have many friends, so I was just using email and it was enough for me.

Right now I have a situation. I'm planning a trip to Canada this summer, and I'm also interested in USA and its culture, so I really want to make some friends online from these countries, ask them some questions and whatnot. Maybe I could make real friends and we could meet each other on my trips.

I have created a facebook page some time ago, but it wasn't a very satisfying experience. I have joined several groups and tried to write to some people, but it seems that no one even reads my messages. Either it is not considered normal to write to strangers, or this social network is dying.

I haven't been catching up on all these instagrams and twitters, I have never used them, and have no idea how good they are for my goals. So I want to ask for recommendation. What is the best place for me to make friends from abroad online? I'm not looking for dating or sex, I just want to talk to some people with common interests. Thank you.
>>
I don't use it myself, so I might be wrong, but CulturePals seems the way to go.
>>
Also, start up a Tinder account once you get there and say you're looking for people to show you what's great about their country and whatnot
>>
>>69735297
recommend thematic forums
>>
>>69735326
Isn't Tinder solely for sex dating? I'll give it a try.
>>
>>69735536
yeah sure, but couldn't hurt i guess
>>
>>69735536
>Isn't Tinder solely for sex dating
Mainly. Although I guess it's possible to just have friends from it, but it's mainly for people looking for serious relationships or just some easy sex.

Going back to your original question:

I think Facebook is still the default social media platform, however in my experience you don't add random people who you've never met Irl, atleast not over here, I imagine America is similar.

The usual way is to first meet someone on holiday in a club a pub or anywhere really, just make contact Irl initially. Then you ask them if they have Facebook, Twitter etc. most people do. But snapchat is very common amongst young people now.

Atleast in the West, I don't think randomly adding people online for 'meetups' when you visit their country is normal (no offence). You have other, more specific sites for that stuff like the Swede said –CulturePals but it's not that widespread I don't think and again I here that CP can be like Tinder with people just looking for sex or relationships.
>>
>>69735722
Well it's not like I just throw a friend request and expect a person to show me around when I visit their country. I actually try to find people of similar age in a group I joined, so that we could have common interests, and I always start conversation, explaining why I'm writing. As a matter of fact, one girl replied to me and added to friends, but then she said she's being busy and she never wrote to me again. I guess she's lacking an interest. But I have made friends that way in Russian analogue of facebook (vk) in the past, and some of them are now my best friends, so I believe it could be possible. I guess I'll just try it more in facebook, it could just take more attempts to find the right people.
>>
>>69735890
Goodluck mate, enjoy your holiday too!
>>
>>69736120
Oh thank you! Surprisingly nice replies I receive for 4chan.
>>
>>69735326
>>69735722
I just realized Tinder is an Android app, and I'm using a very basic mobile phone, and use a computer for the purposes of browsing the web. So I guess that's not my option. It seems I'm left with facebook and thematic forums.
>>
>>69735205
>>>/reddit/
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.