[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1789

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 49

File: 1483896475918.png (84KB, 433x332px) Image search: [Google]
1483896475918.png
84KB, 433x332px
Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
http://djtguide.neocities.org/

Special /int/ FAQ:
>What's the point of this thread?
For learners of Japanese to come and ask questions and shitpost with other learners. Japanese people learning English can come too I guess.
>Why is it here?
The mods moved us here and won't let us go anywhere else.
>Why not use the pre-existing Japanese thread?
The cultures are completely different.
>Go back to /a/
We'd like to. Bitch to the mods.

Previous thread: >>69678170
>>
Cause no one else wants to make a new thread edition.
>>
>>69734230
What's funny is, over in the programming threads, people are quite eager to post new OPs (sometimes before the bump limit is even reached) because they want their OP image to "win". It's the weeb and/or trap shitposters versus the normies every thread. Sometimes we have to ignore premature OPs since we choose the earliest after the bump limit.
>>
In Anki, is the best way to hide all of a certain type of card (without destroying its HTML template) to just search for that type in the browser and suspend all of them?

I feel like that's a really hacky solution.
>>
File: Untitled.png (109KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
109KB, 640x479px
>>69734447
>people are quite eager to post new OPs (sometimes before the bump limit is even reached) because they want their OP image to "win".
なんか似てる気がしますが
(*/ω\*)

>>69734673
This gives you a little more scope but it's still ultimately a pretty hacky solution.
https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/874215009
>>
File: google translate.png (174KB, 694x652px) Image search: [Google]
google translate.png
174KB, 694x652px
How accurate is Google Translate for very simple sentences (only about 3/4 through Tae Kim)? Usually, before I post on Lang-8 I break up my entry into short sentences and see what Google Translate thinks it is (JP->EN). If it's a mess, I'll look up some grammar and adjust the sentence until the translation sounds better but I never take stuff from its EN->JP translations.

I know google translate used to be trash but there was a big update a couple months ago that made it much better, but I don't know if it's a good learning tool or not.
>>
>>69735052
>How accurate is Google Translate for very simple sentences
Varies. It can give you something approximate but still sound Engrish.
>I break up my entry into short sentences
Unless you entry is comprised of short sentences, that isn't a great idea. Google Translate doesn't remotely handle more complex things like embedded clauses or subclauses. The moment you start to introduce complexity is the moment it starts to throw out weird things.
Don't be afraid to make mistakes. What I mean by that is that it's better for you to make up sentences by applying knowledge of grammar and vocab from your studies than it is parsing it through a translation device before hand. Better off making a complete mess of it and getting actual feedback which directly applies to what you came up with than it is getting feedback from artificially adjusted sentences you filtered through with Google Translate, because the Japanese (Korean) on Lang-8 aren't really commenting on your own output.
Give it to them raw if you want to give it to them. Don't fear the blood; the pain subsides and after a while it will start to feel good.
>>
>>69735189
>Engrish
Japgrish? Jinglish?
>>
>>69732404
anki is not a drinking game bonkura
>>
>>69735374
>bonkura
This is potentially useful:
http://catdog21.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-67.html
>ケツの穴が小さい
Thank you Japan.

This is potentially dangerous:
https://twitter.com/batou_kata
>>
File: Capture.png (10KB, 711x709px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 711x709px
Surely bright yellow background with no differentiation in boldness between Kanji is not conducive to learn. For the life of me I can't find the settings to change that though
>>
File: Untitled.png (69KB, 1295x1798px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
69KB, 1295x1798px
>>69736810
I got you homeboy.
The deck used for the screenshot was just a test deck based on the core2k/6k deck, so it should have a similar enough template to yours if you are using one of the Core decks from the djt site.
Anki card layouts are all done with HTML and CSS (and javascript, but yeah).
For future issues, seek this bad boy first:
http://ankisrs.net/docs/manual.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1j1Zx0mXME
>>
側面
面相
面積
測定
正面

They are all the same to me, and I'm sure there is another one I'm missing.
>>
File: 1418129559467.jpg (118KB, 452x495px) Image search: [Google]
1418129559467.jpg
118KB, 452x495px
Adjectival Nouns #10: Predicative Phrases

田中教授はあの論文にとても批判的なようでした。・たなかきょうじゅのろんぶんにとてもひはんてきなようでした。・Professor Tanaka appeared to be very critical of that paper.

日本の地下鉄は便利なはずだ。・にほんのちかてつはべんりなはずだ。・ The subways in Japan are supposed to be convenient.

田中 has been covered in a previous lesson.

教授・キョウジュ・professor/instruction is comprised of 教・キョウ・teach and 授・ジュ・instruct/confer. 教 is comes from quite an old assortment of radicals. First there is the 爻 stacked X marks above a 子 child. This radical pictogram shows a child counting marks or stones/bones. These stacked X marks can also be found in the 老 old radical, but it has been changed from 爻 this to 耂 this. The story here is that the 爻 counted years start to show when an old man can only eat soup with a 匕 spoon. So remember 耂 this radical means counting marks. 攵 shows a teaching ruler used to 攵 rap children on the knuckles when they aren't paying attention to 教 teaching. Together the kanji shows 子 children counting 爻 marks and being 攵 rapped on the knuckles with a ruler 攵. 授 shows the 手 radical on the left uses the phonetic of 受 /*[d]uʔ/ from the old Chinese (じゅ in Japanese). 受 is actually also made of two other hand radicals, and shows a 爪 hand with a 凡 plate 又 being handed over - this radical means to hand over. 受ける・うける means to receive or get. Together 手 and 受 in 授 implies instructing or imparting something, be it technical skills or an award. 教授 shows someone 教 rapping kids over the knuckles while teaching them and 授 imparting practical skills.

教授・キョウジュ・professor/instruction

Cont'd.
>>
File: 1423331783483.gif (838KB, 555x312px) Image search: [Google]
1423331783483.gif
838KB, 555x312px
論文・ロンブン・thesis/essay/paper is made up of 論・ロン・argument/discourse and 文・ブン・literature/literary radical. 論 shows 言 talk/speak 亼 assemble and 冊 bamboo strips strung together (a bamboo scroll). 侖 (Chinese phonetic /*run/) means logical reasons or logical order, from 亼 assembling the 冊 strips together the right way. But most people don't really want to read the thesis you 亼 assembled on 冊 bamboo strips, so they make you present your thesis 言 orally at a temple/university. The original form of 文 is 紋 which is made up 糸 and 文, showing a man with outstretched arms and a tattoo (possibly applied by a needle). In its current form 文 shows a 亠 head and 乂 arms outstretched, similar to 大, but with a big chest. This idea of using this kanji to represent 文 literature comes from tattooing important written or drawn things on people permanently. Now if you really believe in your work, you would 紋 tattoo your 論文 to your 文 chest. Just make sure it isn't the first draft.

論文・ロンブン・thesis/essay/paper

批判的・ヒハンテキ・critical/judgmental is made up of 批・ヒ・criticism, 判・ハン・judgement/seal and 的・テキ・mark/target. 批 shows a 手 radical and 比 two men (人 + 人). The phonetic comes from 比 /*C.pijʔ/, which in Japanese is pronounced ヒ and is also the root of ヒ in katakana. When 比 two men are 批 critical of each other they tend to raise their 手 fists. 判 shows a 半 half a cow being 刀 cut up into smaller pieces and 判 judged for quality. Unlike many other kanji, the phonetic from this kanji comes from the first radical 半 /*pˤan-s/ in Chinese, which later became ハン in Japanese. 的 shows a 白 white 丶target marked 勹 on a spoon-like object like a 的 bulls-eye for 的 target practice. When you direct your 批 criticism and 判 judgement at a 的 target (someone), you are being very 批判的 critical.

Cont'd.
>>
File: 1438487030194.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1438487030194.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
批判的・ヒハンテキ・critical/judgmental

田中教授は・Professor Tanaka subject ・あの論文に・ that paper target ・とても批判的なようでした。very critical appeared (to be/was).

日本・ニホン・ニッポン・Japan. Literally 本 origin of the 日 sun, or land of the rising sun, or the country that sees the sun first (before we discovered all those islands).

地下鉄・チカテツ・subway is comprised of 地・チ・ground/earth, 下・カ・below/down and 鉄・テツ・iron. 地 shows a 也 funnel 土 under the earth. 下 shows the 一 the ground卜 and a crack in an oracle bone, basically a tunnel to the underground. 鉄 is quite complex. 金 shows an 亼 assembly with 王 upside down axes splitting 呂 blocks of metal. 金 can be read as metals in general, but was initially used for copper. 失 shows 丿 something falling from a 手 hand. 鉄 was simplified from 鐵, which is too old for me to analyse, so I cannot give you an accurate etymology for 鉄. For mnemonics just remember a 金 metal that was readily 失 taken off the people's hands (because peasants shouldn't be making weapons). Together these kanji make an 地下 underground 鉄 iron thing, which can only mean the subway.

地下鉄・チカテツ・subway

便利 has been covered in a previous lesson.

日本の地下鉄は・Japanese subways subject ・便利なはずだ。convenient supposed to be.

はず is another form of conjecture, which roughly translates to 'that is supposed to be the case'. It is used when the speaker is drawing conclusions from circumstantial evidence (look for this in law dramas).

That is all for today.

Tune in tomorrow for another lesson.
>>
File: 1440736797850.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440736797850.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
I'm in the process of migrating over to https://www.patreon.com/learnkanjibyetymology

I haven't set everything up yet, but the lessons will appear there from now on. Lessons will remain free and published daily.

Within the coming week I will also start adding video lessons, which will also cover writing and stroke orders.
>>
>>69741133
>Patreon
Well, then it's time to stop posting here and get a YouTube channel instead.
>>
>>69742207

I'll still post lessons, I just won't advertise.
>>
i-i dont know word of Japanese but i like to lurk
it's comfy
>>
>>69737905
level of use frequency and meaning

側面…**** side
面相…* a face
面積…**** area
測定…*** measurement
正面…***** front
>>
>>69742716
いらっしゃいませ!のんびりして、ボスニア君!
>>
Please translate

はっ!? フェリスの実は女の子だったルートねぇの!? マジ激おこ!
>>
>>69745614
The pleasure of cumming inside フェリス
>>
>>69745614
>>69745915
Huh
Isn't there the route in which Felice was a girl actually?
I am fucking angry.
>>69745915
her pussy is Patuya's
>>
>>69746050

Patuya? Who?
>>
>>69746204
come to JT
>>
i can learn japanese
>>
>>69746364
Why does JT alternate between wanting us gone and wanting us to merge with them?
>>
>>69751154
Low poster populations and short term memory forgetting how obnoxious how people can be.
>>
File: yukie.png (413KB, 584x394px) Image search: [Google]
yukie.png
413KB, 584x394px
http://www.jx-group.co.jp/hanataba/stories/new/ippan-03/03.html

Looking at the last sentence here
ユキエは、お母さんのような雪女にはなれそうにないなあと思いながら、手紙を出しました。
Yukie, while thinking [.....], sent the letter.

is it 雪女には慣れそうにない
or 雪女に離れそうにない

and what is it saying? I can't make sense of it
>>
>>69742207
www.4chan.org/rules
>11. Advertising (all forms) is not welcome—this includes any type of referral linking, "offers", soliciting, begging, stream threads, etc.
The only way the idiot is going to leave is when mods do their jobs, as he is breaking GR11 (and GR13). Remember to report and ignore, directly responding only feeds his desire for attention.
>>
>>69751481
なる→なれる (potential) → なれそう
https://djt.neocities.org/bunpou/full_day.html#%E3%8A%A6%E3%81%9D%E3%81%86%E3%81%A0%282%29
>>
>>69741003
Can I ask why you give readings in カタカナ? I know it's traditionally done in schools and certain textbooks, but to a beginner using your lessons, hiragana's always going to be easier to read.
>>
>>69752623
So
"there's no way i'll be a snow woman like my mother"
?
>>
>>69752943
>there's no way
doesn't it sound too negative? I at first thought of "unlikely"

t. dumb Jap
>>
>>69751481
Yukie, while thinking "I don't want to become a snow woman like my mother", sent the letter.
>>
>>69737231
goddaamn thank you
>>
ayo what's it mean if a store has 在庫 of a product listed as ○ but I'm still able to add it to card and it doesn't say fuck all about it not being in stock aside from the ○ ?

Just shitty website?
>>
core 2k, core 6k and core 10k all start with the same 2k card right?
>>
>>69753266
You're right.
"It doesn't seem like I'll be able to become a Yuki-onna"
>>
>>69759996
>tfw anon doesn't read your reply and completely misunderstands the meaning
>https://djt.neocities.org/bunpou/full_day.html#%E3%8A%A5%E3%81%AA%E3%81%82
>なあ = I wish
>>
>>69759221
please respond
>>
>>69760327
Not him but なあ does not mean I wish in this case. The example at the link you provided is this:
車があったらいいなあ
In this case the sense of "I wish" comes from たらいいなあ, literally "it would be good if." なあ on its own should not necessarily be interpreted to mean "I wish."
>>
>>69760327
What are you trying to say. Work on your communication skills.

If you are >>69753412 you REALLY need to realize that you are at the very peak of mt stupid and know absolutely fucking nothing.
>>
>>69759672
Yeah, 10k certainly contains 6k so 2k is probably a part of them as well
>>
>>69761102
He was asking about which order they are presented in though
>>
>>69734214
What happened to #1788?
>>
>>69759221
○(a circle, not a zero) is often used to mean "yes." So in this case it means "in stock."
× is often used to mean "no."
>>
>>69761167
why would the order be different if they all start with simple words and were made by the same people?
>>
>>69761324
Wait there isn't a core 10k deck in the the DJT
>>
>>69761254
Thank you, I assumed ○ was 〇 (which I recall as meaning 0) but apparently it's not the same

Have this collectible football trading card
>>
File: keisuke honda.jpg (270KB, 817x1083px) Image search: [Google]
keisuke honda.jpg
270KB, 817x1083px
>>69762283
forgot the card
>>
>>69762283
〇 can mean 0 but usually when in multi digit numbers like 二◯一七年 or 一◯◯円

I'm not sure I've ever seen it to mean 0 on it's own. I think 零 would be more common in that case
>>
>>69761021
"なれそうにないなあ" means "I wish I did not become" or as you said "It would be good if I did not become". You didn't even read the entire entry, there's more than one example. It does not always mean I wish but in this context it does.

>>69761061
I'm saying that the anon who asked the question completely misunderstood the meaning. And I highly doubt he understood the previous sentences either because his interpretation makes no sense given the context. You clearly haven't understood either if you think I'm wrong.

Yukie looks at herself in the water and sees her reflection. She sees that she looks good and healthy, unlike a yukionna. She has never seen a healthy looking yukionna. She writes a letter to her mother saying "Mother, this year I will not be working as a yukionna. Sorry."
Yukie, thinking "it would be nice if I did not become a yukionna like my mother", sent the letter.

The meaning of the phrase is very obvious from the context, and also if you know how to read japanese, which apparently you don't despite your heavy insulting of my capability.

ユキエは、
Yukie,
お母さんのような
Like her mother
雪女にはなれそうにない
not become a yukionna
なあ
expressing a wish or "would be nice", referring to "not become a yukionna".
と思いながら
while thinking that (while thinking "it would be nice if I did not become a yukionna like my mother")
手紙を出しました
sent the letter.
>>
muh dick
>>
With regards to learning Japanese; is there a point of no return? Like a point where you've already come so far and giving up would mean throwing all you're hard effort away.
>>
File: 1419239435390.gif (2MB, 1920x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1419239435390.gif
2MB, 1920x1070px
>learning a language just so you can watch cartoons and read comics without translations
>>
>>69762431
>The meaning of the phrase is very obvious from the context

Clearly not you fucking retard since you are insistent in your wrong interpretation despite 3 people and a japanese person discussing the correct one.

I'm not bothering to read your post fully because it would be a waste of time. The fact that you bothered linking DOJG means you aren't even close to the level to argue with me.
>>
>>69762661
>being a brainlet
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuki-onna

Yuki-onna is a kind of ghost.
Though that story is treating Yuki-onna as an occupation of hereditary.
It's a kind of fantastic story.

Yukie says 'I will take a break from work of Yuki-onna on this winter.'.
She looks like a trainee who aims to be a Yuki-onna like her mother.
>>
File: PS-0032.jpg (152KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
PS-0032.jpg
152KB, 850x850px
fuufuu

I tried checking out from a webstore (to buy pic related poster) but like all other Japanese webstores they don't deliver internationally

Can somebody recommend me a reliable and very cheap proxy-shipping service that you've used yourselves?

Store is this by the way, somebody might find it interesting
http://www.blackemperor.jp/shop/
>>
>>69761233
Last OP fucked it up, I fixed it.
>>
>>69762647
I've seen posts here before which mentioned quitting after a year of study. Two years I'm not sure, after 3 years you're probably in the clear but who knows. In short, it's not a principle which can keep you going by itself, though it does help.
>>
>>69762737
No you fucking idiot. I know English and French.

Learn a viable language that will have a chance to greatly improve your socioeconomic standing. Spanish is far more viable than Japanese.

If I wanted to learn an East Asian language, it would be Mandarin and Cantonese, as white Chinese speakers are in very high demand and will land you a very good paying business job going back and forth for conferences, and translating documents into English.

I like Anime and I'm a weeb, but there is no point in expending so much energy and stress to learn a language of a country that is dying literally with an economy that has stagnated for close to 30 years now.
>>
>>69762647
Maybe you'll forget everything if you don't study for 10 years, but if you take a break for a few months then you probably will still remember almost everything that you knew well enough to not need anki for.
>>
File: fascinating.jpg (45KB, 293x301px) Image search: [Google]
fascinating.jpg
45KB, 293x301px
>>69763200
>wanting to learn spanish or chinese
>wanting to deal with spanish or chinese people
is this some sort of shitpost?
>>
>>69763200

死ね
>>
>>69762431
>なあ
>expressing a wish or "would be nice", referring to "not become a yukionna".
not always follow this rule. in this case なあ means huh: used in questions to invite agreement or further comment.

t. an Engrish speaker
>>
>>69763306
You're a neet so there's no helping you kek. If you learnt Chinese fluently you'd be able to land a six-figure job.
>>
>>69763200
How is French or Spanish more "viable"?

Learning Chinese I understand.
>>
>>69763339
>muh joos
>muh neet lyfe 4ever
>muh comfy small apartment paid by people who actually work and make good money

No wonder so many succesful people flee your overtaxed Islamic cuckhole. I wouldn't want to pqy for you or for Ahmed and his 12 kids.
>>
>>69763331
I'm a neet? Since when?

>If you learnt Chinese fluently you'd be able to land a six-figure job.
So fucking what? If you get a non-shit degree you can do the same you fucking dipshit.

>>69763339
I have to agree with the nazi-swede.
>the fact that you'd learn a language solely for getting more $$$ rather than for actual personal reasons says a lot about what type of lowly, greedy subhuman you are.
right on point
>>
>>69763315
Stop using "t.", it's not English.
>>
>>69763441

>regards, Donald Mulaloipuweke
>>
File: no.jpg (40KB, 389x361px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
40KB, 389x361px
>card was a leech
>>
>>69763351
Spanish in the US as the US will be Hispanic-majority in 40 years (I don't agree with it, voted Trump, but it's the reality) Spanish is also the third-most common language in the world.

French as it's another lingua franca of the world.

It matters a lot in the economy and job market. Neets don't understand.
>>
>>69763200
>il vraiment croit que apprendre le français n'a pas été une perte du temps
本 本 本 本!
>>
>>69763432
The former is easier retarded fuck.

Have fun learning a language of a country that has one of the fastest decline 9f its population in the world, with an economy stagnating to shit and rapidly declining on the world market.

But you do it so you can beat off to your untranslated VNs, right?
>>
>>69763478

>もともともともと
>>
>>69763508
Wew why so much projecting there lad? Did I strike a nerve? I live in Scottsdale, Arizona m8 with an income of around $105,000.

I come here to laugh at you expending so much energy and stress to learn a meme language, kek.
>>
>>69763664
>100k at the cost of having to live in arizona
i'm sorry dude not worth
>>
>>69763847
>normalfags actually believe this
Imagine having a life so dull and pointless that you're reduced to this. If this is your reason to live, it sucks to be you.
>>
>>69763948
fucking this

I feel so bad for you poorfags, or maybe you had shitty parents idk
>>
>>69760327
hi, i am the "op" of this question.
this is the problem with these fucking flags. you thought you were talking to me here, but you weren't.

>>69762431
>and i highly doubt he understood the previous sentences either
wrong

>his interpretation makes no sense given the context
which is why i asked in the first place.

the FULL context: she was fat, and didn't want her mother to see it, so she went on a crash diet. eventually she ran across an struggling old lady, wound up helping them for a while, and wound up slim, but tanned and with muscular arms. so in the end she still couldn't show herself to her mother.

because the story has such a twist at the very end, it's hard to rely on context alone here. she could be lamenting the diet not working out the way she planned it, or celebrating her new look as she takes a break from her snow woman job, or neither
>>
>>69762431
>it's another DJT spreads misinformation as facts and tries its best to misinterpret some resource to support the false claims episode
You know, you could improve this place so much if you just prefixed a lot of your stuff with "I believe" or "I think" when you don't actually know what you're talking about, and when you get corrected just go "I stand corrected. Thank you".

I don't think a lot of people who actually know what they're talking about will ever bother correcting someone when they know they'll have to argue with some autistic know-it-all kid for half an hour before the matter is settled.
>>
スラブ人とゲルマン人ってどちらが美女が多いですか?
>>
>>69763948
I'm a hedonist. What's the best way to be a hedonist? To have a good amount of disposable income.
>>
File: do not dumb here.jpg (29KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
do not dumb here.jpg
29KB, 640x640px
>>
>>69764233
>>69764149
>>69764118
Fuck off
>>
>>69764233
They pay taxes, useless shit.
>>
What's you're strangest mnemonic?

e.g. 授業 - Jewish Yugioh Class
>>
>>69764149
You're right you need a certain amount of money, but if you're like that idiot learning Chinese because he'll get more money out of it, it completely defeats the purpose. Money is here to make your life better, your life isn't here to make more money.
So if you're working a job you enjoy, that's ideal, but you'll enjoy life more as a poor NEET than a rich person suffering for 40 hours a week.
>>
>>69764383
Lost it.

Because I would always got 逃走 (tousou) wrong (and say soutou), I remember the word 師走 (shiwasu) and it has the letter S, not the letter T. Because of that, the 走 in tousou stands for SOU, and by elimination the first one is TOU.

I do this kind of stuff all the time, but I don't remember having any funny/pictorial mnemonic, as I generally try to absorb the pictographic meaning as the association.
>>
>>69762661
this is about ten to fifteen percent of the reason why I'm learning Japanese though.
I have massive amounts of free time and I'd like to spend it doing something productive.
plus I've only seen two or three anime that I've actually liked and they're super normie tier.
>>
>>69764997
>rich person for 40 hours a week
False. I work around 30 myself.

But that person can multiple long paid vacations every year. Virtually all jobs that are six figures yearly have paid vacations. It's only shit like walmart that doesn't.
>>
File: smokinggirl.jpg (138KB, 1033x798px) Image search: [Google]
smokinggirl.jpg
138KB, 1033x798px
>>69765209
>honey
>>
>>69765336
But those holidays are still only like 10% of your year at most. I don't think a real hedonist would be willing to sacrifice 90% of his year for that enjoyable 10%. He'd find a job he enjoys, or not work at all, assuming of course there's sufficient welfare that this is an option.
>>
>>69764383
結 Samurai 士 making a promise or -contract- with his mouth 口, but he is lying out of his ass (ケツ).
>>
File: 1483468465256.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483468465256.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>69752689

Katakana is used to denote Chinese pronunciation of kanji. Hiragana is for native Japanese words.

As I often switch between on and kun readings, depending on the explanation, it is important to separate native Japanese words with Chinese pronunciations.

I think I will have to do a lesson on the kana after all...
>>
>>69767620
ケk
>>
>>69763579
>>69763331
>muh money
>>
>>69768541
Different anon, reading about the economic stagnation in Japan actually makes me kind of depressed... I'm not going to stop learning Japanese, but what if things continue the way they are? I mean, I don't intend to make a career there, but it still matters to me.

Has anyone else here thought about this? pls respond
>>
How good are you guys at conversation?

I feel like Anki will not help me. I can do basics but I always freeze up and forget anything and everything I've learned.
>>
>>69768649
If you're not learning Japanese to get a job in the Japanese market, does it really matter? There will be new content made in the future. Even if there magically was no new content, there's plenty of existing shit you can gobble up with your Japanese knowledge.

If you plan on traveling to Japan, it'll be there when you do. You could die tomorrow and none of this even matters.
>>
>>69768685
I use to get nervous when speaking to others in Japanese but thankfully one of my friend's mom fixed that. All you need is practice. Go talk to others who know Japanese, talk to your mirror, even talk to your cat. You wont gain anything until you do it. Even if you make a mistake, it builds confidence in your speaking!

がんばってね!
>>
>>69767620
I'm aware that this is what is traditionally done. But look at it from a beginner's point of view. You'll still have trouble reading katakana, and you'll be used to seeing them only for loan-words and emphasis, as is done in actual writing. So doing this only creates confusion, because it's a gap between reading and the textbooks.

On the other hand, how important is it to know which is the on and which is the kun reading? From a linguistic perspective, of course it's essential, but to a beginner looking to learn to read, it's almost irrelevant, since you should be learning readings through vocab.
>>
>>69768685
I'm fine but conversation doesn't come after anki, it comes after lots of listening. If you're still doing Core then you're not really ready for conversation. It's fine to do a little bit and get used to making the sounds and building confidence, but you aren't going to say *anything* correctly.

When you read and listen enough that you have a sense for what sounds correct and what doesn't (some of your impressions will be wrong but that's fine) and you can understand what people are saying with no problem, then you're conversation ready.
>>
>>69768749
Yeah, true. It just kind of brings me down, I guess. And maybe in the back recesses of my mind I'm wondering if a decent career in Japan is possible.
>>
>>69768685
You are correct in assuming Anki will not help you. You need input, and just doing SRS is not enough - it's only a piece of the puzzle. In order to improve in having conversations in Japanese, you need input from real sources of Japanese. This can come from either real Japanese people, or books, websites, podcasts, movies, videos... just about any piece of media in Japanese. I would stay away from literary work however.
>>
>>69768749
>>69768898
But you're right, all the reasons people have previously learned Japanese for still exist now, and the cultural exports have always remained strong regardless.
>>
>>69768833
>>69768850
I've taken a course and done some language exchange, I've had a few good back and forth moments and I can verbal diarrhea things I want to say to get a point across but nothing complicated.

But I mean some days are better than others, like a few weeks ago, my friend introduced me to a Japanese friend and was all, "Anon can speak Japanese!", and I could barely get a word out.

>>69768909
I read easynewsNHK from time to time.

>>69768898
Don't worry a typhoon will sink the Mongol ships and Japan will be saved, just you wait.
>>
>>69768964
Exactly, you can say thing but you can't say anything correctly or confidently because you still need to listen more.
>>
Is it okay to do core 6k while learning grammar?
>>
>>69768835
>You'll still have trouble reading katakana, and you'll be used to seeing them only for loan-words and emphasis
So they will learn the katakana by seeing it more often. It's just katakana they're not babies.
>>
File: 1399811907478.png (158KB, 254x288px) Image search: [Google]
1399811907478.png
158KB, 254x288px
>>69768835

When I first started studying kanji I ignored katakana, because I thought it wouldn't need it. That mistake cost me when I traveled to Japan to live, because 20% of everything you will read in daily life is made up of katakana.

It is my sincere belief that hiragana AND katakana should be learned before beginning any kind of further Japanese study.

As an aside point, I always translate the example sentence first using hiragana. Any katakana in the rest of the lesson should be readable because the student has read it in hiragana first.
>>
>>69769073
I agree with you.
ン,ソ、ノ、シ、ツ、are fucking shit though, especially when you add some bubbly stupid font to it.
>>
>>69768995
That's not enough
>>69769006
I wouldn't necessarily equate it entirely to listening, the way I see it is you need lots of input of authentic Japanese, the end-goal being that sentence formation is an unconscious act. Listening is definitely the most important, but the key is that you enjoy the input. Whether that be News or Anime, the stuff you enjoy more sticks to your brain more, and if you add sentences to your SRS it makes it stick even more.
>>
>>69769219
What is an SRS?
>>
雨 has to be the nicest kanji I've ever seen. It so clearly looks like rain on a window... it makes me wanna cry. It's so beautiful.
>>
>>69769307
spaced repetition system, i.e. anki
>>
>>69769316
I was just thinking the exact same thing earlier today. I really like it.
>>
>>69769219
>I wouldn't necessarily equate it entirely to listening, the way I see it is you need lots of input of authentic Japanese, the end-goal being that sentence formation is an unconscious act. Listening is definitely the most important, but the key is that you enjoy the input.

Yeah for sure in terms of sentence construction. I just mean that you need to listen enough to understand native speech. Shit listening cripples your conversation a lot more than shit reading speed or even shit vocabulary does.
>>
>>69769122
>ノ
How do you fuck up this?
>>
File: b76226adef18[1].jpg (57KB, 450x475px) Image search: [Google]
b76226adef18[1].jpg
57KB, 450x475px
>>69769326
And by add do you mean to edit the cards?

How are the sentences in Anki? Are they reliable most of the time?

>>69769316
>>69769335
”雨”を書くのが楽しい
>>
>>69768685
Pretty good, but this is only after many hours of being shit
>>
>>69769451
You should spend some time reading AntiMoon. It's an English learning website, but it has the best information on how to learn a language out there.

Here's an article on the creation and use for sentence cards.

http://www.antimoon.com/how/usingsm-makeitems-sentence.htm
>>
>>69769025
yes
>>
>>69769316
good taste
>>
>>69768835
Beginners shouldn't be taking lessons from random attention whores who advertise their blogs and Patreon accounts on 4chan. There is a reason why we have credible sources for grammar listed in the Guide and Resource Guide.
>>
File: 1423910263324.gif (873KB, 346x360px) Image search: [Google]
1423910263324.gif
873KB, 346x360px
Okay, people are crying about katakana so I'm going to teach it to you in half an hour in a way you will never forget.

Katakana #1

In the previous lesson I touched on 比 two men (人 + 人). For review the phonetic comes from 比 /*C.pijʔ/, which in Japanese is pronounced ヒ and is also the root of ヒ in katakana. All katakana are radicals derived from kanji and most of them are linked to the Chinese pronunciation. In this lesson we will go through them individually, looking at their etymology and making sure they stay in your head.

ア・a comes from the left side of 阿・ア・flatter/fawn upon. 阝was simplified into ア, however 阝is a simplification of 阜・mound/abundant. 可 is a simplification of 奇, which originally meant a 大 man riding a 可 horse, but has now come to mean 可sound. This 阿 kanji ideogram can be visualized as an 阝abundant amount of 可 sound being heaped on an attractive person, like they are being 阿 fawned upon by a dozen woman who are going 'アー’ and cooing like pigeons.

イ・i comes from the left side of 伊・イ・Italy. イ is a simplified form of 人 person, and in Chinese hanzi this radical イ referred to he/she/it. 尹 means to govern/oversee. Together イ and 尹 means to govern oneself. Another way to think of it is as 'I' or 'Myself' in English. 'I' am what イ am, because イ am a 人 man.

ウ・u comes from the top of 宇・ウ・roof. 宇 shows an 竽 ancient wind instrument (like a flute) being played under a roof 宀, only the musician is really bad and all you hear is one long note that sounds like ウウウウウウウ.

Cont'd.
>>
>>69768649
I also am depressed by it. I have thought occasionally about what I might do if I moved to Japan permanently, but the job situation there sounds totally unappealing. You're either stuck in a dead-end baito, or have to work crazy hours as a salaryman with no time for family life. Is there some kind of middle ground? I wish I knew.
>>
>>69769833
how does this help me learn japanese tho
>>
>>69769833
>'I' am what イ am, because イ am a 人 man.
>I am what ee am, because ee am a hito man.
>>
>>69769889
>wanting to work in Japan
why would anyone want to do this?
>>
>>69769889
There are howaito piggu youtubers in Japan who are well-established English tutors, who are self-employed basically. They make good money and don't work many hours. Getting to their position is not that easy.
>>
>>69769889
There has to be a middle ground. I see all these ugly ass white chicks on Youtube making vlogs about their sugoi Japanese life.
>>
File: 1438756863063.jpg (80KB, 624x654px) Image search: [Google]
1438756863063.jpg
80KB, 624x654px
エ・e comes from the right of 江・え・creek/inlet/bay. Be careful with this one, the kun reading is え and the on reading is コウ. The origin of 江 is a reference to the Yangtze River, or the longest river in China. On the left is 水 water and on the right a エ bladed tool (like a shovel). This エ bladed tool however could also refer to labour. The Yangtze is one of the most important sources of income in China and provides a great deal of エ labour for many people. Unfortunately, when the Japanese saw the Yangtze, just to be spiteful they were like 'エー your river looks more like a creek'. This discrepancy in kanji and hanzi may be one of the reasons China and Japan hate each other.

オ comes from the left side of 於・オ・at/in/on. オ was simplified from 方, which shows a 方 hilt of a 刀 sword. 仒 shows a 人 man ⺀swishing the 刀 into place. As in the 刀 sword goes 於 in the 方 hilt, put there by a 人 man with a ⺀flourish. Ironically 于 also descended from this kanji, but in this case meaning a 于 rush of air instead of 竽 an ancient wind instrument. Before steel weapons, the Chinese used leather and wood wrappings for the pommels and hilts of their weapons. When we think of a man sheathing a sword with steel fittings we can hear a 'chink' sound, but when a man sheathes a blade with wooden fittings it makes more of an オ sound.

That's it for today, I'll the the next 5 tomorrow.
>>
>>69769938
If you want to live there permanently.

>>69769974
Yeah probably not realistic for me.

>>69770004
I've never been interested in watching any of those youtube folks but I guess it might be informative... Probably though they're either doing teaching or baitos. If you're a girl you can get away with that until you get married.
>>
File: 1425122262537.gif (723KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1425122262537.gif
723KB, 500x281px
>>69769889

I worked as an English teacher in Japan for a year. I made approx 20k USD, lived in a 2x4 metre room in a shared guesthouse. It was fun as fuck, just like my Chinese cartoons, but its not a sustainable lifestyle.

Some of my friends still live there and have started their own businesses and they do reasonably well. I know another guy who moved into the country and is doing the farm living thing, while teaching in rural areas. He makes better money, but you are far from civilisation.

There is a middle ground, and gaijin can find it. Japanese can't though, which is sad.

>>69769900

So you can read katakana when I'm explaining the kanji. I also gave you some bonus kanji. No charge.

>>69769918

Calm your autism for like 1 min.

>>69769974
>>69770004

What they show in their videos is not often their reality. Selective editing can turn the worst situation into paradise.
>>
>>69770266
>I know another guy who moved into the country and is doing the farm living thing, while teaching in rural areas. He makes better money, but you are far from civilisation.
this sounds like the ideal life desu
>>
>>69770266
What is the construction industry like?

I work as an electrician and I thought doing small service work might be fun/interesting but a full blown job site would have way too much construction slang and it might be dangerous if I wasn't fluent enough to receive instructions.

>>69770295
Agree
>>
File: 1433377460522.png (235KB, 506x658px) Image search: [Google]
1433377460522.png
235KB, 506x658px
>>69770318

As a private contractor? You may be able to make good money depending on your advertising. Japanese housewives would love to have a gaijin come around and work for them as a novelty. There are also other services lonely housewives need, which could make you a nice bonus on the side.

Working on construction sites would be a hard slog though. Getting all your quals. vetted, signing up with companies and working slave hours is not a good life.

Each to their own though. I say if you really want to do it. Do it.

>>69770295

Just do it man. Buy a ticket, find a lonely Japanese woman within 3 months, shack up and enjoy.

Alternative is to fly to Korea every 3 months to refresh the visa. A friend of mine does that.
>>
>>69770295
pls let me fulfill my silver spoon fantasies.
>>
>>69770404
>find a lonely Japanese woman within 3 months, shack up and enjoy.
I don't know if I'm Chad enough to pull that off, but it sounds very comfy
>>
Just merge with the other thread already you fuckheads.
It's the same shit,different outhouse.
>>
>>69770404
Not my own company of course, just sign on with a small crew of chill dudes, fix bulbs, see what is different in code for Japan.

>Japanese housewives would love to have a gaijin come around and work for them
Kek, do they see me as like a Mexican?

Getting into it is a bit of a bitch though, getting all the necessary tools together, it's a pipe dream. Cafe's sound nice too.

>>69770441
Word on the street is Japanese men are sexual vegetarians. You have the foreigner card.

>>69770523
Our shit smells better.
>>
File: Giovanni-Segantini-Idyll.jpg (203KB, 1068x700px) Image search: [Google]
Giovanni-Segantini-Idyll.jpg
203KB, 1068x700px
"ビョークというとオドロオドロしい打ち込みサウンドをバックに歌うイメージが強いですが、これはジャズボーカル。"

Hey guys, could someone competent enough explain to me what exactly the に in "打ち込みサウンドをバックに歌う" is doing? It seems like バック is a verbal predicate and a する verb, but the する is removed and the に it connecting it to 歌う. I get basically what it is saying, but I was hoping to fine-tune my grammar comprehension. Or maybe someone point me in the direction of an entry in the DoJG, if I missed something obvious..

Context is that it is a brief summary of an old Bjork album. Thanks.
>>
>>69770883
バック like background vocals or background to the main vocals or something, I think
I know nothing about Bjork so I can't really trasnlate
>>
>didn't study on the holidays
>400+ anki cards due to review
There should be a way to pause this infernal machine.
There probably is, but I didn't think of looking for it until after the disaster happened.
>>
File: Capture.png (107KB, 711x354px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
107KB, 711x354px
>>69771563
>400+ anki cards due to review
that's terrible anon how will you survive
>>
>>69771563
>400 cards
That's nothing though. Especially considering how many days you skipped
>>
>>69771600
I'm not a neet, so I don't have that much free time, and I haven't gone that far yet to have as many cards on the average. At least I'm not used to it yet.
Anyway, is there a way to pause a deck, in case I won't be able to study for a while or something? I don't have much experience with anki or any other flash card programs.
>>
>>69771674
>I can't spare an hour for even a single day to just go through a few hundred (not even new) cards
yeah bullshit
>>
>>69772006
>an hour
That many cards would take two if not more. And yes, that's a lot, considering two hours is 25-30% of my free time on the weekdays.
Learning Japanese isn't the sole goal of my life. When I get home I want to relax and do some studying on the side. I'm only doing this so I wouldn't have wait years for the English translations, if they ever come.

All I wanted is an answer to a simple question, if a deck could put on hold in anki.
>>
File: Capture.png (9KB, 330x70px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9KB, 330x70px
>>69772162
>That many cards would take two if not more
It really shouldn't for non-new cards

But no, you can't pause anki, because you can't pause your memory.
>>
>>69742716
taimu to rimuubu kebabu
>>
File: 11111.gif (3MB, 478x360px) Image search: [Google]
11111.gif
3MB, 478x360px
>>69734214
Translation check
"ついに すべて わ てんきたぞ。"

"Finally everything is all mine."
>>
産業廃棄物処理施設

can anyone tell me what キメる means? I looked online and I think it means to ''Do something successfully" like "nailed it" and the like but I'm not sure, Im fairly certain its just 決める but in some contexts 'decide' just doesnt sound right
>>
>>69772286
>ついに全ては天気だぞ
Finally, everything is coming up roses.

>>69772331
>I think it means to ''Do something successfully" like "nailed it"
Yep.
>>
I'm sick of people on DJT
You guys are from rich countries, good at English, literally don't need to learn Japanese. The people who really need to learn Japanese are from ASEAN.
Do something else.
>>
>>69765903
You retire early. Buy a nice home in Guam and chillax for the rest if your life.
>>
>>69770883
If I understand correctly, it's describing her singing "to" or "over" the pounding background (music).
>>
>>69772410

Until we get fully voiced Eroge with dialogue like "thank you for stepping on this horny masochists bitch pigs dick ブヒブヒ!”
then Id rather learn Japanese
>>
>>69772331
>can anyone tell me what キメる means?
it means to take drugs boi
>>
>>69772524
>ブヒブヒ
the fat is only (You)
>>
>>69772410
>>>>>>>needing to learn japanese
Unless you >>>>>>>need to work in japan you dont >>>>>>>>>>need to learn japanese you fucking mong.
>>
>>69772703
日本人だわ
クソど葉っぱ野郎
>>
>>69772604
いいえ、豚のように泣いたのだ
>>
>>69773004
泣く?鳴く?
>>
>>69772604
墓場か
>>
>>69773028
すいません
>>
File: 1479404553160.png (15KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479404553160.png
15KB, 1200x600px
>>69772604
>>69772934
寒いです。
>>
>>69772604
これはいいポストだね
まるでアメリカ人になったみたい
>>
>>69772410
I don't understand. Why do you care? Why do you want some people to learn Japanese and not others? And what does English have to do with anything?
>>
Considering Japanese has tons of homophones and different intonation, how hard is it to speak Japanese as a foreigner and be understood?
Not to forget you might pronounce something slightly wrong by accident, I personally do the mistake and think a word is written with し instead of じ for example, which could be something completely different.

Anyone has experience with that?
Is it clear from context what you are talking about IF your grammar is correct at least?
>>
Why do 快 and 決 have the same radical on the right-hand side, but they have different heights?

This is NOT funny.
>>
>>69776971
>>69776971
抉 訣 缺 闕

ketsu ketsu ketsu ketsu xD
>>
>>69763927
All those people are going to turn their new states blue, Texas is almost there and gerrymandering and vote suppression can only delay the inevitable for so long
>>
File: 1441574673538.jpg (22KB, 511x523px) Image search: [Google]
1441574673538.jpg
22KB, 511x523px
>>69774940

Speaking Japanese is easy. You can learn enough survival phrases to be understood in a weekend. Understanding the replies is a little bit more difficult.

Grammar is a non-issue. As long as the verb is at the end of the sentence or clause, and the particles are all referring to the right things, it doesn't matter how you phrase your sentences.

何時に電車は来ますか? What time the train is coming?

Sounds a bit weird, but people will get it. Hell, even this will work.

何時に来ますか電車は? What time is coming the train? Though you really shouldn't break the 'verb at the end of the sentence' rule.

I've even screwed up particles, and was still understood. Seriously, just imagine the last time you spoke to an ESL person. It didn't matter how bad their English grammar was, as long as they could string together some vocab you could figure out the meaning.

In social situations Japanese are very forgiving to gaijin and their broken Japanese.

>>69776971

快決

How do you even notice these things? In any case, kanji can only take up a certain amount of space for a single character on a computer. When the radicals are different sizes the resolution of other radicals can be effected. 水 is a little fatter than 心, so the 夬 gets a little squished.
>>
アニメの画像とかたくさん見るけどさ、それ以外に日本にとりえはねぇのかよ!って思ってしまう。みんな、どう思う?
>>
>>69779897
あるよ
でも特に4chanじゃアニメや漫画とかをきっかけに日本語を勉強してる人が多いから傾向が出てしまうんじゃないかと思う
>>
>>69779897
実際ないだろ。
>>
>>69780160
それ。
>>
>>69779897
Are you stupid? Anime girls are miracle of universe
>>
When you refer to posting on the internet, what verb do you use? Is it インターネットに投稿する? or is it something else?
>>
>>69780663
we used to use 書き込む

and カキコ was a term relating to posting. nowadays we rarely see it.
>>
>want to start writing in Japanese on lang-8
>literally nothing interesting ever happens in my life.

what the fuck do I write about
>>
>>69780663
ポストする。
>>
>>69781155
that's why I don't bring myself to there. I'm not into essay. I don't even know hot to make a diary
>>
>>69781222
how to*
>>
>>69781125
What a weird way to say it, from a literal point of view.

>>69781199
Thanks.
>>
>>69781155
Write something else then? About a commentary of sorts.
>>
>>69781486
I guess you have seen"ネットの書き込み" before. we regard forums/comment sections as a note or a memo pad.
>>
>>69772592
キメる is a slang that has various meanings.

・drug
I get high on MDMA.
MDMAをキメる。

・sex
一発キメる
I have sex.

・appearance
スーツでビシっとキメる
He looks sharp in his suits.

その他『気合を入れる』などの意味。
>>
>>69751481
loling
it's "雪女には成れそうにない"
「成れそうにない」
you see?
>>69762431
"なれそうにないなあ" means " i think i cannot become it"
lol
>>69763315
this thread is for the stupid
>>
>>69781155
1) right a story
2) translate a couple paragraphs from an interesting article
3) Fuck lang8, read more
>>
Maybe ill stay here instead
>>
Isn't the left side of 飴 supposed to be like the left side of 飲? Why is 飴 an exception?
>>
what some good manga (not yotsuba) for beginners?
>>
>>69792799
because it is not jouyou
or at least because it was not jouyou for a while
>>
File: 122.png (329KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
122.png
329KB, 720x480px
>tfw no キクヒメ
>>
File: .gif (17KB, 530x177px) Image search: [Google]
.gif
17KB, 530x177px
>>69792799
Non-常用漢字 (表外漢字) tend to have radicals conforming with the Kangxi dictionary (康熙字典). The printing standards did at some point have the simplified radicals, but was updated to the old ones. Some fonts will therefore have the 食部 look exactly the same in 飲 and 飴, but if they look different you have a font conforming to the latest standard.
>>
File: 1390195341940.png (355KB, 555x770px) Image search: [Google]
1390195341940.png
355KB, 555x770px
>>69793031

2nd this request.

Also, are there any good shows for beginners in listening? I figure some kind of slice of life/drama would be good, with not too much moe babble, though. The N3 sample test isn't too bad, until the listening comprehension begins and I have to listen to the bit like 30 times to comprehend (sometimes getting it wrong regardless).
>>
>>69793627
well if you don't know about this already
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/easy/
Japanese news articles for kids and foreigners learning the language. Each article has audio.
>>
>>69793031
I could bring up some manga I found easy and enjoyable, but you won't accept it the same reason you won't accept Yotsuba. So just go ahead and read anything you really loved to watch.
>>
>>69793627
>are there any good shows for beginners in listening?
Teekyuu
>>
>>69794061

No I didn't know about this. I'll check it out, thanks.

>>69794451

Thanks, I'll check it out.
>>
>tfw i've been shilling these threads on /pol/ for the past 2 weeks to get more and more people to learn japanese

>>>/pol/106673070

i'm doing my part djt
>>
check it out, yo
>>
>>69793031
I liked bobobo. Pretty easy and lots of jokes. I like romance so I also read Good Ending and ドメスティックな彼女. They're like slice of life anyway so the reading isn't hard.
>>
>>69796850
what exactly are you trying to accomplish
and why pol
i don't even
>>
>>69781155
Watch a movie/anime, or read a book, and then write a critique of it.
>>
File: 004.jpg (260KB, 793x778px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
260KB, 793x778px
>>69793031
(copy pasted from)
https://desuarchive.org/a/thread/150379993/#150387877

[Furigana]

三ツ星カラーズ
https://mega.nz/#F!5dgA1RwT!PGC6EjdDK2chjnpC8z7WYQ!VN4XFIbT
のんのんびより
https://mega.nz/#F!6wZQDaJA!weGIKGtiXVd5NPt7AJBUmA
https://mega.nz/#F!5dgA1RwT!PGC6EjdDK2chjnpC8z7WYQ!5Jozma4R
スケッチブック
mega:///#F!Dwd2TJIZ!p3o66BOnFLbkrFHFHldjrw!T91hxTiD
あいうら
mega:///#F!Dwd2TJIZ!p3o66BOnFLbkrFHFHldjrw!etEWGB5S
日常
mega:///#F!TAM0ACxC!0JIqiPIQFbOewxh9J7W5BQ
アリア
mega:///#F!KQ8VjITB!LpHfbfG2dNZTiBrd-WwyAA
侵略!イカ娘
mega:///#F!qR90ESYS!574ETjuLajChjWcn1ay1LA

[No Furigana]

ゆるゆり
mega:///#F!Dwd2TJIZ!p3o66BOnFLbkrFHFHldjrw!KklHhIDC
大室家
mega:///#F!Dwd2TJIZ!p3o66BOnFLbkrFHFHldjrw!atEkHKZL
デンキ街の本屋さん
mega:///#F!Dwd2TJIZ!p3o66BOnFLbkrFHFHldjrw!G9MDgDbD
ひだまりスケッチ
mega:///#F!n1RD0ZRC!HQ-umsEoLIzq1SOojLy1rw
mega:///#F!wFJGBZaI!ZlnnXxeeelP0pFOWhTWRuw
苺ましまろ
mega:///#F!HM1AjCJb!6a_vkBAek3wfq-tpPXOiYg
ひとりぼっち〇〇生活
mega:///#F!5dgA1RwT!PGC6EjdDK2chjnpC8z7WYQ!xQ4hnIiD
あずまんが大王
mega:///#F!GBdgmRwa!8bHKtGpdMqXVMnGEUC4xaA
ヨコハマ買い出し紀行
mega:///#F!34QQACzK!VRpRpPPbYyMemM55wzLA_A
>>
>>69762661
That picture is fun
>>
>>69763060
Do you like Godspeed You! Black Emperor?
>>
Holy FUCK

First time I listened to this song was 6 fucking years ago. I didn't know japanese and didn't know what was being said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTuHB-v0Rlw&index=17&list=RDMMdBcfTeVW61E

Now that i'm learning Japanese, I dove right back into it.

And....holy shit. This is a feeling -even stronger- than nostalgia. This is like...nostalgia that grows with you, since the message matters now more in the current life than when you first heard it.

Anyone else in this thread experience anything like this?
>>
>>69800402
Actually, yes. For me it was Eureka Seven: Shounen Heart.

I can also relate much more to Holland and Talho now than when I first watched it, so there's that too. It's a weird feeling.
>>
>>69798955
nice, but some of those mega downloader links are borked for me
googling the error says the downloader cannot handle folders
>>
>>69796850
good work anon
>>
File: shugo main kyara.png (273KB, 644x356px) Image search: [Google]
shugo main kyara.png
273KB, 644x356px
>>69800534
it's like we just realized we have character development IRL for the first time
>>
File: Capture.png (71KB, 1256x520px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
71KB, 1256x520px
>>69800603
Ignore my last post, I didn't read you response properly. What happens when you try to download as per pic related?
>>
Anki real-time import feature only works with Firefox, right? Should I adopt Firefox as my new browser?
>>
>>69801141
https://jaxdark.wordpress.com/2016/05/30/rikaisama-and-realtime-import-for-chrome/
Guessing you're using Chrome? The above seems like it could be a way to do something similar.
>>
>>69800838
I guess that's one way to look at it...
Actually I have fond memories of Shugo Chara too, I actually liked it enough to join a sub group, although I wasn't able to do much back then. I lost track of it after the first season though. Things change...
>>
>>69801141
Honestly, Firefox has been going downhill for a while.
>>
>>69801141
I use both firefox and chrome a lot for different tasks depending on which is better. Maybe that's a bit too cumbersome for most people but I got used to it and it's good.
>>
>>69801687
How so?
>>
File: dream_killed.png (762KB, 1266x354px) Image search: [Google]
dream_killed.png
762KB, 1266x354px
>>69801447
shugo chara has a lot of truth bombs when you give it a second watch. should probably finish it sometime.
>>
>>69801028
i can download them now they arent mega downloader links, thanks :)
>>
>>69764383
世界 a god who stood up from his throne to contemplate the universe
>>
>>69772410
Why do you not want people to learn your language?

I wish everyone spoke English here, I'd even be okay with French.
>>
>>69800402
Dozens of movies, songs, and books basically.

You go back all of sudden you see things you never saw before. Sometimes it's my own bad taste, sometimes it's just a new perspective.

I imagine it's a lot like that moment parents have when they see themselves in their child or even an older worker seeing themselves in a fresh straight out of highschool kid.
>>
>しっとりと
>have rikai read the audio
>???
>insanity
>>
>>69802367
>I imagine it's a lot like that moment parents have when they see themselves in their child
You can get arrested for that.
>>
>>69802561
oh but when the child is inside the mother for 10 months for some reason it's okay huh
>>
>>69802190
good one
>>
File: 12987845451.jpg (83KB, 656x735px) Image search: [Google]
12987845451.jpg
83KB, 656x735px
>>69802764
Bullshit double standards.
>>
Historically how literate were Japanese? How many Kanji do I need to know to surpass the average Tokugawan plebein?
>>
>>69803484
Who cares learning kanji won't help you speak better than them
>>
>>69803517
I do and I'm curious.
>>
>>69803638
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_education_in_Japan
https://books.google.co.jp/books?id=mYkLNEczmogC&lpg=PP1
http://www.indiana.edu/~easc/publications/doc/CRJEHVolume3.pdf
>>
Why is "駄目" a fat man next to a train-station and an eye?
>>
File: ultraje.jpg (59KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
ultraje.jpg
59KB, 540x540px
>>69793537
God is dead.
>>
After a month long study, I can concluded that my brain memorizes 6.7 more kanji per month while high as opposed to sober.
>>
>>69805011
It's not a station, it's a (fat) horse.
>>
Question

am i supposed to hit 'Again' if i know the word the kanji is representing but can't get the pronounciation right?

i know almost all these kanjis but the pronunciation is murdering me and causing me to hit again so many times

and now i have a few leeches because of it and will later have to figure out how to undo the leeches
>>
>>69806030
yes
>>
>>69806030
yes

the pronunciation is the whole fucking point

the meaning is easy to pick up from reading

just fucking ignore the leeches and leave them for learning from reading/listening
>>
Why do normalfags hate on kanji? It's really not that bad
>>
>>69741003
ありがとうございました。
>>
>>69806224
normies could barely learn spanish so considering kanji adds maybe a couple hundred hours tot he time it takes to get conversational it makes sense
>>
學我日本語之女曰: 「學日本語使人憂,不學之。」
吾聞之。
>>
>>69807059
青冲宁弄
>>
File: 1393826436346.png (181KB, 440x540px) Image search: [Google]
1393826436346.png
181KB, 440x540px
>>69806636

どう致しまして。
>>
含まれておらず
what does this mean? I mean can somebody please break this down for me so I can understand better?
>>
みんなは大学生?
Are you uni student?

and yes,I am.
>>
>>69807727
doesn't contain
>>
>>69807732
はい、大学生です。
>>
>>69806030
>i know almost all these kanjis but the pronunciation is murdering me
What is it that you are testing with these cards? What do they look like?
Asking for clarification as if I can't read a kanji in a word that says to me that I don't really know the kanji well enough to say that I "know" the kanji, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>69807732
ニートだ
>>
>>69807727
含まれて
居る
〜ず
>>
>>69807732
I wish I had made more connections in university. I probably can't get into grad school now with so few references, and being out of school for several years.
>>
>>69807229
>>
>>69734214
>The mods moved us here and won't let us go anywhere else.
/jp/ didnt work out?
>>
File: Intermediateおり.png (55KB, 1266x873px) Image search: [Google]
Intermediateおり.png
55KB, 1266x873px
>>69807727
The [て]おらず part you can think of as [て]いる, with the らず part being the ず negative. So, 含まれてない. おる can be understood as いる, in a sense.
For something related, see:
https://djt.neocities.org/bunpou/full_day.html#%E3%8A%A5%E3%81%8A%E3%82%8A
That should give you pretty much the general idea.
>>
>>69807732
電気弟子、2年

Second year, electrical apprentice.

I have no idea how to say this.

大学で何を勉強してる?
>>
>>69807763
授業中pornの音漏れてるひと見たことある?
>>69807788
最悪なバイキングだな
>>69807811
b but i don't have any friends in uni
>>
File: clik.jpg (51KB, 680x498px) Image search: [Google]
clik.jpg
51KB, 680x498px
Is technology about to make learning other languages a useless proposition?
>>
>>69807989
電子工学?
哲学を勉強してるよ
it's kinda gay but interesting desu
>>
>>69808118
>電子工学?
Not engineering, more like working on a construction site. I've been told you can use 電気技師 but I have really no idea.

哲学と歴史を読むのは大好き。今クブライカン(Kubilia Kahn)を読んでいる
>>
>>69808029
>授業中pornの音漏れてるひと見たことある?
見たのことも何も、俺はその人だ!
>>
>>69808495
ワロタ
どんな感じになった?
>>
>>69808569
冗談
そんなバカなことするわけねーだろう
>>
>>69808061
Judging by Google Translate, not anytime soon.
>>
>>69807727
「それには、これが含まれておらず」
→This is not included in it.
含まれておらず=
動詞「含む」連用形 conjunctive form+助動詞auxiliary verb「れる」連用形+接続助詞「て」+補助動詞verbal auxiliary「居る(おる)」未然形imperfective form+否定の助動詞「ず」連用形

含まれて=(be) included

おら=be

ず=not

>>69807912
Can you understand the meaning of the conjugation?
ex, conjunctive form
>>69808608
階段教室で講義の最中、隣の女の子にチンチン問でもらったことはあるぜ
さすがにフェラはないがな
>>
>>69808975
that might be overdoing it a little
>>
>>69809005
i know
but Japanese Grammer is inferior to 国文法.
Learn the 国文法 a little.
>>
>>69808975
日本には普通なことかな?
期待してるよ
>>
>>69807732
小学生です

なんちゃってね<3
>>
Is there a way to flip the 2k core deck? So I can see the English first and try writing out the kanji?
>>
>>69809108
国文法は日本人の小学生・中学生が習う文法
JGとは体系が違うが、説明は簡単になる
JGと国文法の違いを知ることも、勉強になるはずだ
日本人は日本語を国文法で考えているのだから
>>
>>69809258
Yes. Easily. Play around with the formatting in the Card section. Make a whole set of duplicates if you want both kanji and production.

As always, read the manual.
>>
>>69809303
何が言いたいかよくわからないけど
俺の期待は日本で隣の女の子にチンチン問でもらえることだ
>>
>>69808029
>b but i don't have any friends in uni
Friends are good for the business world, but if going into a research field, try to work for some if your professors and get on their good sides. That shit helps when you need several references for grad school or a job. Or use free time to intern, if you can manage.
>>
How cqn I find a japanese friend?
>>
>>69810059

Japanese people love clubs and social gatherings. Check online or in your local area for Japanese social events like festivals or culture clubs.

After that just go to the event, find a Jap you like and invite them out to an event or just coffee. Easy.

--------------

Anyone know what the bump limit is on int?
>>
>>69810232
>>
>>69809876
日本の女のグロマンコの隣でキウイ粗チンがにょきにょきするのか
>>
>watching drama
>僕
>close drama
>>
>>69810243
>10
What kind of autism is this?
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (1001KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
1001KB, 500x285px
Just passed 1000 words on 2k core tonight.

:3
>>
>>69808975
>チンチン問
禅問答?
>>
>>69810466
Congratulations on passing your practically meaningless but psychologically significant road marker.

Why yes I am fun at parties.
>>
Reminder that 99% of people who start studying Japanese will stop studying within a few months
>>
>>69810540
Most of those people didn't even finish Core2k (or genki or whatever idiot normies use) so it's not like they wasted any significant time
>>
>>69810540
Not if my superior autism gets me past the hump
>>
>>69810501
I need statistics to feel good about myself. That's why I use Anki.

Im contemplating 6k since I dont to leave my pie chart empty
>>
>>69810540
me when tried to learn frog
it's hard to keep motivation
I only .can say merde
>>
>>69810580
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%91%E3%83%AA%E7%97%87%E5%80%99%E7%BE%A4
>>
>>69810577
Honestly 4k is around the optimal amount imo before focusing on mining. Once you are reading though you will constantly be adding more until around 10k
>>
>>69810622
ほんとこれ
いまは4chに感謝してる
>>
>>69810662
By 10k you are saying ill be makIng my own cards from new words i find?
>>
>>69810686
No I mean you should be doing that much earlier but by 10k it will finally start slowing down
>>
>>69810815
Jesus thats where this headed? How much time am I going to spend making 6000 cards?
>>
>>69810622
日本人とたくさんこういうの教えたけど
知ってるの一人もいなかった

なんか日本かぶれ外国人の中だけ有名なそういうパターン
八重歯とかワープロバカと同じ
>>
>>69810844
Not much at all if you use auto import features and actually learn how to use the tools at your disposal.

Or if you want to keep cards down you can just be picky about what you add - only add stuff with new kanji or weird readings for a while, and then lower your pickiness as you get better
>>
>>69808975
>Can you understand the meaning of the conjugation?
Of 含む in the example anon posted? Yeah.
>>
Anybody got a good image for the new thread?
>>
>>69811148
Can you turn the trip off when it's not relevant to your post? Thanks.
>>
>>69811148
There is >>69734793
>>
>>69810844
You can make even complex/information/field heavy cards in bulk with relative ease by using a spreadsheet and saving as a tabbed spaced csv -or just copy/pasting into a txt document and saving as UTF-8- and importing that, which will automatically sort the data into cards based on one row equal one card and each column from the left and across equals one field.
>>
>>69734214
Looks a bit like Kenuji Ono's style.
>>
parsed the N1 vocab list and merged it into my deck yesterday lads

3,000 fresh kotobas and a newly-BLACKED pie chart

wish me luck hons
>>
What's the hardest part about learning Japanese?
>>
>>69811888
Nice good luck, makes me wonder why no one fixed he core N1-4 vocab deck yet.
>>
>>69811990
I wanted just a N1 deck and couldn't find a suitable one, so I downloaded a txt file, cleaned it up, and imported it as a tab separated list

>>69811926
Keeping the bitches off your dick
>>
>>69811990
Because there are no official lists released since they changed the system years ago.
>>
>>69812033
I think the file I used is from like 2001 lol. It can't hurt though.
>>
>>69812118
Better than nothing, I guess.
>>
Do you guys recommend keeping Furigana off of the front card? I can see pros and cons for both ways.
>>
>>69813000
Having the answer on the front of the card is counterproductive.
>>
>>69809876
>>69810244
>>69810479
珍問答はJTで
>>69810232
>Japanese people love clubs and social gatherings
except NEETs
>>69810850
最近は、日本に移住したweebsの日本症候群が深刻な話題になっている
>>69811069
五段活用(自動詞・他動詞)
未然 含ま
連用 含み
終止 含む
連体 含む
仮定 含め
命令 含めろ

下一段活用 (可能動詞・他動詞)
未然 含め
連用 含め
終止 含める
連体 含める(含むる)
仮定 含め(已然形 含むれ)
命令 含め・含めよ

活用形が二つあり、自動詞と他動詞で微妙に意味は違います
>>
>>69814910
>五段活用 [snip]
Why are you posting that?
>>
>>69814942
Because Japanese Grammer's way of the rearranging of the conjugation of the verb is different from 国文法.
did you know "含むれば"?
>>
>>69815177
>did you know
Yeah. Why are you posting this, again?
>>
>>69814942
>>69815235
He's got the autism, lad. Best leave him be.
Is anyone going to make a new thread?
>>
File: 1481704976693.jpg (92KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481704976693.jpg
92KB, 600x600px
I started learning japanese a few days ago and found Tae Kim's guide to be way too complex and his way of explaining things kinda shit.
Is there an alternative to his grammar guide that is easier and/or better explained?

I already learned hiragana and katakana.
>>
File: 痛いのが.jpg (968KB, 733x3037px) Image search: [Google]
痛いのが.jpg
968KB, 733x3037px
>>69815442
Japanese: The Manga Way
https://mega.nz/#!6hlnVAYI!UFFH7L5QCW3Lm09nri0NqKh3z76F-v-ETxLjEx_PczE
It's perfect for beginners.
>>
File: 1443322561043.jpg (562KB, 1290x1821px) Image search: [Google]
1443322561043.jpg
562KB, 1290x1821px
>>69815442
>>69815670
Hit enter too soon. Also give Visualising Japanese Grammar a go alongside J:TMW
https://www2.gwu.edu/~eall/vjg/vjghomepage/vjghome.htm
>>
>>69815235
>Yeah
so you explain it
>>69815402
Are you stupid?
we, Japanese know you are not Japanese
>>
>>69815946
>so you explain it
For what purpose? Anon was caught on a certain phrase and I pointed out something which provided the necessary insights which would help him understand the issue. It's not about waving your e-peen around, namefag.
Maybe that's a lesson you will learn someday.
>>
>>69815670
>>69815706
Thank you
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.