[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right? Should you never reveal your income?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: _20170109_211554.jpg (153KB, 768x1111px) Image search: [Google]
_20170109_211554.jpg
153KB, 768x1111px
Is he right?

Should you never reveal your income?
>>
>>69727720

Do what you want to do.
>>
>>69727720
>no class consciousness allowed
>ignorance is bliss
Did an American write this?
>>
File: job-interviewer.jpg (20KB, 292x219px) Image search: [Google]
job-interviewer.jpg
20KB, 292x219px
>"If you don't mind me asking, what was your compensation at your previous job?"
wat do?
>>
>>69727754
The author is American, yes.
>>
>>69727720

When I was a kid I was always told it was rude to ask people's salaries

But as soon as I was becoming an adult I always asked my mates' salaries - fuck common courtesy, I wanna know how much they're fucking earning

How can I respect myself if I have no idea where my earnings are compared to theirs? I can't. Gotta have some sort of idea, and if theirs is higher, then that's motivation isn't it!
>>
>>69727720
>>69728208

Obviously if you're doing well though, then yes, you should of course not tell people

Or just lie

Nothing worse than people coming to you for money when they think you're loaded
>>
>>69728208
>But as soon as I was becoming an adult I always asked my mates' salaries - fuck common courtesy, I wanna know how much they're fucking earning
literal Rasheed behaviour
>>
i wouldn't ask
and if asked i would tell the truth

you don't have to fish it out of people but you shouldn't lie
>>
easily solved by growing a spine and following the law (paying taxes)
>>
>>69727767
Add a few thousand onto the truth so when he "negotiates" me down a couple thousand he thinks he won when I actually get a raise.
>>
>>69728264
>he calls your previous employer
>he asks them how much they paid you
>you get outed as a fibber
gg no re
>>
>>69728281
>implying that will actually happen
>>
>>69728281
There is absolutely no way they would answer. Or if they did it would be a pay range.
>>
>>69728227

Don't tell me you don't ask

How the hell am I supposed to know how I'm doing in life if I don't know how much they earn?
>>
>>69728281
Im pretty sure its illegal for an employer to disclose your income to some rando who asks
>>
You don't fucking talk about money.
>>
>>69728445
By examining whether you have everything you need and not defining yourself in terms of other people.
>>
>>69727720
It is okay to reveal your income to your coworkers and those that make a similar amount of money to you so you know if you are getting stiffed or not. If your coworkers are making 10K more than you, then maybe you could ask for a raise.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.