[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your country's greatest scientific achievement?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

What is your country's greatest scientific achievement?
>>
>>69671448
everything
>>
We can turn everything into wódka
>>
Equal rights for women.

>muh b-b-but the scientific r-r-igor

Daily reminder that social science is a science as well.
>>
capitalism (fcuk that scot cunt)
>>
>>69671448
Radon, Polon and oil lamp
>>
File: raw.gif (662KB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
662KB, 498x278px
>>69673164
>>
File: finnish_slavery.jpg (120KB, 1722x660px) Image search: [Google]
finnish_slavery.jpg
120KB, 1722x660px
Finland
>>
The airplane.
>>
>>69671448
quantum physics + electrical shaver
>>
airplane
>>
>>69671468
>this is what americans literally, actually, unironically believe
>>
Perhaps the match or one of Neumanns advances in computer science.
>>
File: 220px-Fredrick_banting.jpg (9KB, 220x290px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Fredrick_banting.jpg
9KB, 220x290px
probably Insulin
>>
>>69671448
I'm not qualified to pick one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Russian_innovation
>>
Niklas Teslasson
Inventor of social benefits and cheap furniture
>>
landing on the moon
>>
>>69671448
electromagnetism probably
>>
>>69671448
Bringing germans to certain country and ordering them to do all the science stuff. Peter the Great invented this scientific method back in XVII century.
>>
Bombing the Japanese
>>
Creating the Internet
>>
The cheeseburger. I can't believe it took 30 years for a guy to put a slice of cheese on the hamburger.
>>
File: 95616[1].jpg (31KB, 428x329px) Image search: [Google]
95616[1].jpg
31KB, 428x329px
>>69674618
I think that was the UK desu.
>>
Probably the liquid fueled rocket. Von Braun was obsessed with AMERICAN work and jumped at the prospect of becoming AMERICAN.
>>
>>69675861
>invented by Germans
>perfected by Russians
Sure bud, it's American like everything
>>
>>69675803
Nah it wasn't, if you claim that then we could just claim quantum mechanics and the first atom as well
>>
File: juno temple-smokin.jpg (83KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
juno temple-smokin.jpg
83KB, 640x640px
>>69671448
Britain invented gravity, time, and evolution, all 3 things being fundamental to life on earth. Also invented hydrogen, which I believe is also very important in the universe.
>>
>>69671448
Either the airplane or the atomic bomb.
>>
File: Faraday%20y%20Maxwell[1].jpg (32KB, 565x433px) Image search: [Google]
Faraday%20y%20Maxwell[1].jpg
32KB, 565x433px
>>69675946
>Nah it wasn't
I'm pretty sure it was to be quite desu with you.
>>
>>69676051
>the atomic bomb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POh-pwEPesA
1:29
"for years I had made proposals to the world to forsake aerial bombing in warfare, especially against civilian populations, but that it was England who refused this, probably anticipating a new war, because democrats are such psychics". He states that he himself did not use this method and wage war against civilians in Poland, and nor did he allow nightly air raids on Polish cities, as at night you cannot accurately hit your targets, so bombing was mostly by day and against military targets, and that the same was true in the battles in Norway, Holland, Belgium and France. Suddenly, Hitler says, Churchill realized he was not having success penetrating German airspace by day, so he came up with the idea of night attacks to "terrorize the German civilian population"..
>>
>>69676051
He speaks of how patient he was and allowed the Brits to continue for some time, in the hopes that they would stop, but it did not. Hitler says regarding Churchill, "I thought to myself the man is crazy! He is introducing a new type of warfare, and one which can only lead to England's destruction!" He talks about how, after Germany had already won the war on the western front, he had again extended his hand in peace to England, and how once again he was chided and spat upon. "Halifax behaved like a madman!" Instead of halting, he says, they stepped up the bombing attacks, so it put more pressure upon him from the German side to retaliate. He states how he waited three months before issuing orders for retaliation strikes against British cities. "Alas, I'm taking up this battle" he states, and "that means the fight to the end from now on! They wanted this fight; they shall have it!" "They wanted to destroy Germany by an air war; I shall show the what will be destroyed!" He says that he has "petty on the English people" and how "they can only thank the common criminal Churchill for this!". He carries to chastise Churchill and then says that he made a mistake in testing the resolve of the German people; that this is a new Germany he is dealing with,which will become more zealous in her resolve with every bomb dropped. Germany has had enough of this nonsense and is determined to put an end to it. He repeats "they wanted this fight; they shall have it!" and Germany will never capitulate. He says they must fight to the finish and not run the risk of a short war that would resume again in a few years. Hitler says "The German Folk want to have peace finally! A peace (as he had always said) that would allow the Germans to work and which does not allow international scoundrels to agitate other peoples against us! These are the vermin who make their fortunes through war.
>>
>>69671448
too many
>>
>>69674402
FUCK OFF !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolae_Paulescu
>>
File: 1483398477227.jpg (69KB, 634x900px) Image search: [Google]
1483398477227.jpg
69KB, 634x900px
Western civilization
>>
>>69676093
"While preparing for an evening lecture on 21 April 1820, Hans Christian Orsted made a surprising observation. As he was setting up his materials, he noticed a compass needle deflected away from magnetic north when the electric current from the battery he was using was switched on and off. This deflection convinced him that magnetic fields radiate from all sides of a wire carrying an electric current, just as light and heat do, and that it confirmed a direct relationship between electricity and magnetism."
It's one of those instances where you have to decide on what counts before you decide who won. In reality Orsted, Maxwell, Ampere and Faraday invented/discovered it.
>>
>>69676339
>>69676388
The Luftwaffe did it to Poland first. Not our fault we were better at it and had powerful friends.
>>
>>69676051
>atomic bomb.

Thank you based John Dalton and John Cockcroft.
>>
>>69676494
>Lombard-Greek-Arab talking about civilization
>>
>>69676556
s". He states that he himself did not use this method and wage war against civilians in Poland, and nor did he allow nightly air raids on Polish cities, as at night you cannot accurately hit your targets, so bombing was mostly by day and against military targets, and that the same was true in the battles in Norway, Holland, Belgium and France. Suddenly, Hitler says, Churchill realized he was not having success penetrating German airspace by day, so he came up with the idea of night attacks to "terrorize the German civilian population"..

the international capitalist terrorists bombing and murdering civilians all over the world, and went on to burn millions of children and women in a terrorist campaign against Japan and Germany.
>>
File: 1483832776210.png (257KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1483832776210.png
257KB, 657x527px
>>69671448
Paella
>>
>>69676636
Don't talk to me, you're the only country in europe that might develop some kind of culture and civilization after you take in refugees
>>
>>69675922
Are you retarded?
>>
>>69676555
Forgot about Orsted desu. I'll give you that one.
>>
>>69676664
And Italy of course, we can't forget the civilians in Italy murdered by the capital terrorists.
>>
Freedom
>>
>>69676664
>mostly by day and against military targets
Yeah, nah.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Wielu%C5%84
>>
>>69676464
Penicillin is really cool
>>
We proved that the earth is round
>>
>>69676868
propaganda.
>>
>>69676664
>against military targets
Remember all the artillery batteries and submarine pens in central Rotterdam? Of course you don't; there were none.
>>
None because of brain drain
>>
That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Cheese Knife" bullshit that's going on /int/ right now. Cheese slicers deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine cheese slicer in Norway for 2.400.000NOK(that's about $400,00) and have been practicing with it for almost a generation. I can even slice slabs of solid steel with my cheese slicer.

Norwegian smiths spend years working on a single cheese slicer and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest cheese deviding devices known to mankind.

Cheese slicers are thrice as sharp as conventional knifes and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a cheese knife can cut through, a cheese slicer can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a cheese slicer could easily bisect a Spanish cheese stored for centuries with a simple horizontal slice.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Norway? That's right, they were too scared to fight the well-fed Viking and their cheese slicer of epic nutrition. Even in World War II, the German soldiers targeted the men with the cheese slicers first because their slicing abilities were feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Cheese slicers are simply the best cheese cutting apparatus the world has ever seen, an thus, require better reputation on /int/. Here is the words I propose used for serious discussion of cheese slicers:

(One-Handed Exotic Slicer)
Unmatched Robustness
Swift and Gracious
Exceptional Slicing power
Superior to "Masterwork"

Now that seems a lot more representative of the slicing power of Cheese Slicers in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Cheese Slicers need a better renommé, see my new proposal.
>>
>>69677102
Bravo, Norway!
>>
>>69677102
i stand with oilniggerbro, slicing cheese with knives is retarded
>>
Literally and actually sending twelve white male native-born of our countrymen, to stand upon the moon a while, plant our flag there, and to return home safely, the objective proof that they absolutely did so do this and that it was not a hoax, comfortably resting there until such time as it can be observed and indisputably confirmed by a third party, albeit bleached out by now.
>>
>>69677235
Give NASA more money and up their budget.
>>
>>69677235
That's engineering, not science.
>>
>>69676664
Hitler says "The German Folk want to have peace finally! A peace (as he had always said) that would allow the Germans to work and which does not allow international scoundrels to agitate other peoples against us! These are the vermin who make their fortunes through war. I have no reason to wage war for material considerations. For us it is a sad enterprise that robs the German people and entire community of so much time and manpower. I do not possess any stocks in the armament industry; I do not earn anything in this war. I would be happy if we could work again as I used to for my people. But these international War Criminals are at the same time, the armament industry's greatest black market profiteers! They own the factories; they make business! The same people we had previously had here in Germany. There can be but one confrontation with these people; one of us must break, and this will not under any circumstances be Germany!"
Is this true today?
Do international Capitalists wage war every moment of our lives to rob of us peace and our capital?
>>
>>69677278
>inventing the moon landing
>not science
?
>>
>>69677278
stop
>>
Me.
>>
>>69676777
Are you?
>>
>>69677278
That is the least intelligent comment I've seen today.
>>
>>69677347

We, therefore, the representatives of the United States of America, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions,
do, in the Name and by Authority of the good people of these colonies, solemnly publish and declare, that these United Colonies are, and of right ought to be,
FREE AND INDEPENDENT STATES; that they are absolved from all allegience to the British crown,
and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved;
and that as FREE AND INDEPENDENT STATES, they have full power to levy war, conclude peace, contract alliances, establish commerce,
and to do all other Acts and Things that independent States may of right do.
>>
>>69677347
Science is about finding dynamic relations between observables. Putting someone on the moon is impressive but it's not science.
>>69677292
you lost, get over it
>>
>>69677590
We lost.
>>
>>69671448
Vodka! It's our national idea!
>>
Euthanasia is now legal in one state
>>
>>69676026
how did you inbreds take over the world? baka at the rest of us
>>
Probably the accurate measurement of time
>>
>>69673164
>social science is a science as well.
tell that to /sci
>>
>that feel when to intelligent too know what the US has invented
>>
>>69678430
explain
>>
>>69678567
Christiaan Huygens' penduluum clock was at the time the most accurate ever made and was vital for scientific stuff, but it also laid the groundwork for more accurate clocks yet to come
>>
>>69671448
Cocaine.
>>
>>69673164
>Daily reminder that social science is a science as well.
Lol, no
SJW """""""""""science""""""""""""" is not real science
>>
>>69679038
Yes it is, it's just not as accurate as the more analytical sciences.
>>
The telephone
>>
>>69679079
>t. women's studies """"scientist""""
Fuck off
>>
>>69679216
t. Physicist, actually
What exactly is your area of expertise? Fedoranomics?
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.