[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mississippi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: image.gif (16KB, 480x431px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
16KB, 480x431px
AMA about Mississippi. I was born here and have lived here for 20+ years.
>>
>>69614693
Rightful Injun clay. The 5 civilised tribes did nothing wrong. They fulfilled their end of the bargain and you fucked them over.
>>
Thoughts on Meridian?
>>
File: 1425921095163.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1425921095163.png
211KB, 327x316px
>mississippi

I don't think I even have to try to make a joke here.
>>
File: image.png (185KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
185KB, 600x600px
>>69614817

I can trace my family on my father's side back to Jamestown so I guess you could say we are personally responsible, right?

>>69614834

I've driven through a few times and it's really gone downhill, like much of the state. Ghetto/redneck thinking prevails in the most negative way. That's just my impression, though.

>>69614849

Someone really should make that extended flags app work for the iPhone so I can see what shitty state you come from.
>>
>>69615158
I've only been through the state once before tbqh but the trailer park thing is really true. Lots of weakened infrastructure, it almost feels like a trip into the past. My mom's from there, and she told me they still did segregated proms in the '80s.

What part do you live in? Do you like it?
>>
Is it really as bad as tv and such make of it? I've never been down to the Deep South (except for Florida but that doesn't count) and literally all I know about MS are all the negatives and such
>>
>>69614693
What is your heritage?
Do you like the confederacy?
Is Robert E Lee a god?
>>
>>69615817
Same anon, what are seasonal summer jobs like there? I'm looking to go and work in a state I haven't been to yet and Mississippi is on my list
>>
>>69614693
Are you black?
>>
File: image.png (30KB, 563x449px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
30KB, 563x449px
>>69615524

Oh yeah, it feels totally lost in time. Especially the Delta. Delapidated architecture, overgrown foliage, most people drive old cars with old parts. And just to contrast that, you have these massive, pristinely white crosses specked throughout the state.

I live just on the border of the Delta. As soon as the hills start rolling, just a few miles east. It ain't too bad.
>>
>>69615158
he is from Illinois. which is ironic. last state that should be talking about others
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 340x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 340x600px
>>69615817

Depends. It is a very hard place to describe in such broad terms. The vicious cycle of poverty, racism etc still exists here, but the people are, in many ways, more down to Earth with one another despite all that.

>>69616225

No.
>>
What's your yearly income? 3k?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.