[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3 European (non-English) languages to learn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1482807672330.jpg (181KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1482807672330.jpg
181KB, 900x1200px
Which ones would you say would be of most use?

Which ones would you personally strive to learn, regardless of how well it would serve you?
>>
>>69578898
Deutsch, French, Spanish. The most obvious choise, with English it is the most used and spread languages in the world. Besides, many French and Spanish people can't speak English properly, so you will need those languages in your touristic or business trips.

3 languages was too much, you must pick at least 2 or even 1 to make debates here more interesting.
>>
>>69578898
>Which ones would you say would be of most use?
Spanish, French, doesn't matter

>Which ones would you personally strive to learn, regardless of how well it would serve you?
Spanish, French, Italian
>>
>>69578898
Why european? It's all gonna become a huge caliphade in 20-30 years time. Use your time to learn arabic or mandarin.
>>
Unless you have an opportunity to work abroad in a non english speaking country, it's a waste of time. Just work on your english, get IELTS or some shit.
When you actually move to another country it's 10 times easier and faster to learn their native language, especially if you put some effort into it.
>>
>>69579857
What if English is your native language, huh??????
>>
>>69579512
>>69579588

Huh, why Spanish?

>>69579857

I feel like learning at least the very basics of sentence structure and so on before I actually go to foreign countries and mangle their language in the process of learning it.
>>
File: capture 2.jpg (29KB, 640x210px) Image search: [Google]
capture 2.jpg
29KB, 640x210px
>>69580239
>Huh, why Spanish?
???

It's easily the second most important IE language
>>
>>69578898
Russian, because all of their former proxy states speak similar languages and russia is an influental country

German, it's relatively usefull in europe.

Italian, less gay than french and it doesn't sound as weird as spanish and the country is great.
>>
>>69580239
>why Spanish?
Second most important language in the United States.
>>
>>69578898
In order of usefulness:

Spanish
The language of the Americas. Not only is it an official language of most of South America, it is also spoken by a very large proportion of the population of the US. This is a region with a lot of potential for economic development and a nice place to flee to if the allies defeat your country and you're forced to flee because you don't want to be sentenced to death in a war crimes tribunal.
There is also a lot of media available in Spanish. Great movies, tv-shows and even music.

Russian
Let's face it. Sooner or later the Russians will either decide to enter a new phase of conquest and expansionism, or they will decide to join the international community as a major economic and political player. Either way, knowing Russian will be advantageous when the time comes.
It is also the lingua franca of central Asia, which is a fascinating place to travel. And if you want to make it through in one piece, you will want to know Russian. There are lots of Russians in East Asia, too. There are actually lots of Russians everywhere. They have a pretty large diaspora.

German
It is Europe's largest economy. Regardless which industry you work in, there will be an available job in Germany, tied to a large and reputable company. Electronics, cars, metallurgy, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, finance, shipbuilding, even aerospace. And if you live in Europe, the Germans are pretty much guaranteed to be a large trading partner for your country.

I guess Portuguese would be an honourable mention because it is an official language on four continents and is the third most spoken European language after English and Spanish.

But to be honest... most of these languages are equally useless, unless you have plans of moving to a specific country or work in a company where language skills may be useful. And the language they want may just as well be one of the smaller ones, because fewer people speak it.
>>
>>69580455
/thread
>>
>french
I wouldn't shut the fuck up if I was fluent in french, I fucking love it, although french people may be annoying and hard to deal with.
Also french is pretty relevant.

>persian
Does indo-european count? I'd live in Iran and marry a qt there.

>german
Well, Germany seems to be indestructible, their economy is based on high-tech industry and it grows stronger every year.
German is relevant, but that's about it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.