[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Venice or Verona?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: venice.jpg (78KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
venice.jpg
78KB, 1280x600px
Need your help /int/. Staying in Milan in February. From there, we want to go on a one day trip to either Venice or Verona (yeah, more days would be better but sadly we only have one day). Should we go to Venice or Verona?

Venice pro's
>sort of calm because it's February and not summer
>beautiful

Venice cons
>2h 35m in the train, so about 5 hours in total on one day
>expensive as hell

Verona pro's
>really chill Italian city
>one hour train ride away

Verona cons
>not quite as beautiful as Venice

I've been to both before, but I really can't decide. Help me /int/
>>
Verona is amazing. I don't think there much to do in Venice except for going to Piazza San Marcos (which is indeed gorgeous).
>>
>>69560662
venice cons
>stink
>>
>>69561438
Verona is pretty boring for a student city. Their retarded Lega Nord mayor killed night life.
>>
>>69560662
>>sort of calm because it's February and not summer
it's right during the carnevale though, so there will be lots of people
>>
>>69560662
Verona
>>
>>69563670
Oh really? Damn
>>
>>69564656
You should go there. It's really interesting experience.
>>
Venice is beautiful but not as everyone think it is, kinda sort of Paris Syndrome. Also, there isn't much to do excepts going around, admiring typical small shops and calle (its tiny streets). Verona is more lively, there's lot of squares with lots of people, it can be chilly or "international". Venice is what you'd call a "bijoux", Verona is what you'd call a beautiful city. Also, I'd cosider visiting Vicenza as well, it's a really amazing city.

t. Veneto
>>
>>69566121
>>69567772
I've been to Venice, it indeed was great. It's just the travel time which is so long. So the dilemma is if Venice is worth the travel time or is Verona a better choice?
>>
>>69560662
Venice stinks and is crowded as fuck
But the shops and night life is 10/10
>>
>>69568587

I dunno, if you already seen it and want to d so again, why not? If you'd prefer to see new places, Verona is the right choice. There's loads and loads of things to see there, shopping streets, its Arena, Scavi Scaligeri and Castello Scaligero, etc. I went there yesterday because of sales and everytime I forget how beautiful of a city it is.

>>69568675
One of the major problems of Venice is that its shops and restaurants are overrun by chinks and sandniggers. Piazza San Marco alone makes up for it tho
>>
>>69568587
If you only have a day, then time is kinda against you. If I were you I'd want as much time as possible to mabye eat and shop, and still get home at a reasonable time.
>>
>>69568890

This is a good advice. Also, trains to/from Venice are overcrowded by students (I've been one for two years, 90% of the time I didn't find any seat so had to stand for the whole trip), and train tickets are quite expensive (~30/40€ per journey)
>>
Verona is actually really REALLY beautiful and not and overpriced tourist trap, go there.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.