[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone on here flown a lot? I have a huge fear of planes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (19KB, 246x232px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 246x232px
Has anyone on here flown a lot?

I have a huge fear of planes that I want to overcome, and I just need someone to convince that I won't crash and die
>>
statistically its way more dangerous to ride a car than to go by plane, not to mention how fucking anal companies and governments are about safety
>>
>>69559941
Just make sure that there are no big guys on your plane.
>>
>>69560236
For you
>>
>amerishits wearing shoes even inside the plane
>>
File: Realizuar Tomi Dhe Xherri.png (3KB, 400x347px) Image search: [Google]
Realizuar Tomi Dhe Xherri.png
3KB, 400x347px
>>69560328
>nips take their shoes off when they enter the plane
>>
>>69559941
just dont take airlines of the country in a state of war with any place for example, the US
>>
>>69560361
>Arbaians don't have shoes in the first place
>>
flying is safe you redneck
>>
>>69559941
I have flown probably 20+ times and am afraid of heights and flying a little, statistically you should be fine but you can research your airline and choose one with a good safety record, a lot of accidents occur repeatedly with the same airlines due to shonky shit happening
never ever fly with an airline based out of a third world country especially indonesia or surrounding areas, anything west european/australian will be top tier, not sure about america
after all that when you're on the plane take off and landing are the dangerous bits, once you are in the air and above the altitude where a microburst can force the plane down its almost impossible that anything will go wrong, bring a non electronic book and after they've done the safety training and you can stop paying attention just read and ignore everything out the window, if you can see a stewardess's face you will she shes calm or bored which will reassure you, just read and read until the seatbelt sign is off, same thing for landing just take your mind off it and dont look out that fucking window whatever you do
>>
>>69559941
I've flown few times, oddly enough flying on a plane is my favourite part of a travel. Taking off is especially exciting, and I love airplane food for some reason.
>>
>>69559941
I'm always convinced I'll be the person on board with the least to lose in the case of a crash, so it would be weird to be bothered about it.
>>
>>69559941
Crashing isn't what you should be worried about, it's the other passengers and their germs that fuck you up when you have to be in a closed metal tube for hours on end

t. got influenza last time I was on a plane
>>
>>69559941

Flown probably >84 times in my life.

You just need to accept the possibly of you burning to death.
>>
>>69559941
just wear goggles and a life vest so if you crash you'll be ready.
>>
>>69560086
Statistically, if you get into an accident. It's more likely that you gonna die in a plane than in a car.
>>
>>69560236
Why ? What is their plan ?
>>
>>69562216
wtf i hate planes now
>>
>>69559941
flew only 4 times
mostly it feels like a skyscraper's elevator, you don't sense it going forward, just up and down
the most fun part of my experience was going through a turbulence with zero explanation of why we were losing altitude "so fast". it was probably just a few miles but it felt like a freefall, everyone was praying kek

>>69561703
what about who differences in pressure fucking up your eardrums? my equilibrium sense was disrupted for at least one night, but it wasn't that bad because i was chewing gum all the time. i can't even imagine how babies survive that shit
>>
>>69562216
The rates are still incomparable.

Car ride fatalities per 100,000 rides is far greater than air plane deaths per 100,000 flights
>>
country
your alliance

me
star alliance
>>
>>69559941
I've flown more times than I could count and I only get nervous when the flight is longer than 4 hours because I think that the pilots might get bored and start pushing buttons for the lulz. I would.
>>
>>69559941
Stop being a faggot, faggot. If you die, you die. If you don't, you don't.
>>
>>69559941
Quite literally the worst part of flying is the ear popping.
That's it.
>>
>>69560086

But driving, you could avoid 99% of accidents yourself.

With planes, you were completely helpless.

Dying in a plane is way worse
>>
>>69561703

WTF I hate planes now.

The Japanese wear surgical masks when they are sick in respect for people around them, so they don't spread sickness.

When will Scandinavia start doing this?
>>
I fly to and from the middle east 3+ times a year. Few suggestions:

Try to get an aisle seat. You'll feel less claustrophobic. If you're stuck with a window seat, don't look out the window. Shut the blind if you can.

Invest in a good pair of earphones, but always have a pair of earbuds. More and more airlines are banning on-ear headphones during take off and landing for some retarded reason.

Neck pillows might make you look like a faggot, but they're a godsend especially if you're over 6 feet.

Don't fall for the "reclining your seat = evil" meme. Recline it if you want to, fuck everyone.

The aisle side armrest can usually be raised by reaching underneath and finding the release button. This helps if the person in front of you has their seat reclined and one of you needs to get up

Alcohol helps, but don't get drunk. A few drinks is perfect.

Always open the air vent above you, even if you get cold.

Bring gum to help unplug your ears. If that doesn't work, cover your nostrils with your thumbs and try to blow out your nose.
>>
>>69559941
anon planes are extremely safe, cars and most of our other tech is shitty and based around getting profit. But even shitty planes are really good and very safe. Commercial jets are particularly safe, it's one of those things we really should be very proud of as a species. Everywhere else we make shitty intended-to-break low-quality bloated and piled on shit. But for planes? Just extremely robust, well-designed technology.
>>
>>69566219
>the japanese
many do, yeah
but plenty in most east/south-east asian countries do too. It's probably just as (maybe more) common in some countries as it is in japland. Also half (probably more actually) of the people you see wearing them are NOT sick, it's a fashion/quaint accessory. People also wear it to avoid getting bacteria, debris, other shit in their mouth. Just note that when you see people doing it, most of the time they're not sick. Even people here do it, as migrants brought it here and it's spread a lil bit in some places.
>>
Well there's always a chance that the pilot is a big guy who wants to crash your plane with no survivors but it's pretty unlikely
>>
>>69568376
to add more to their usage:
people use it for covering the fact they're not wearing makeup, to cover pimples or if they have surgery or something. Some use ones with filters layers as a basic gas mask against air pollution. It has wide usage reasons, again most of the time people using them are not sick.
>>
>>69565580
kek
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.