[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Latvia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: EU-Latvia.svg.png (165KB, 800x673px) Image search: [Google]
EU-Latvia.svg.png
165KB, 800x673px
What do you know about Latvia, /int/?
>>
>>69495729
They have cheap alcohol
>>
Some of them speak two languages: Latvian and Latgalian
>>
File: 1481463119897.png (77KB, 485x484px) Image search: [Google]
1481463119897.png
77KB, 485x484px
>>69495729
it's a shithole
t. Latvian
>>
Flag looik like bacon

i like bacon
>>
File: 7nhd3Z5.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
7nhd3Z5.png
123KB, 785x757px
>>69495850
delete
>>
>>69495729
>>69495850
>>
File: blyatvia.png (246KB, 1193x869px) Image search: [Google]
blyatvia.png
246KB, 1193x869px
i lik latve do u lik latve
>>
Really nice architecture in some places.
>>
>>69495956
jes
>>
It's the country that can't defend itself for shit and Estonians have to bail them out because they still DO NOT GET that they have to defend themselves, instead of hoping US intervention. Fuck, it's like 1919 repeating itself, when the majority of Latvians were on the Soviet side and only an Estonian invasion saved them from being a fucking Soviet republic.

The Latvian ministery of Defense just issued a statement that they can't have a conscript army because "it would be cannon fodder". Fucking hell, we made half of the Russians fight on our side during the Independence War, not to mention Germans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfqGuFYKSoE
>>
>>69495729
There's a cute girl I know who lives in Ogre (kek)
>>
File: ost.jpg (74KB, 715x368px) Image search: [Google]
ost.jpg
74KB, 715x368px
>>69495786

Latgalians....? LATGALEN RAUS
>>
>>69496028
Well, where are the Latvians to prove me wrong? You know better than me that your National Guard is defenseless. Our National Guard does fun shit but it's nothing our enemies have to find out about.
>>
>>69495729
last thing i heard about latvia was that all refugees in latvia moved to germany, because it was so shit there
>>
>>69495729
riga is the capital, they have forests, their traditional dresses are qt
not much even though I have a latvian housemate though tbf she was born here
>>
Is this a serious thread?

OK, so, their capital is the largest city in Baltics countries. Basically half of the country lives in Riga and like another 20% in the metro area, rest is bloody empty. The country is flat but rather nice looking. It has also probably the best railway system out of the Baltic countries.
There's lots of Russians, like officialy about 30% I think, but you can't really tell as everybody basically can speak Russian and government doesn't really like the minority. In reality it looks like Russians are at least 1:1 with Latvians. People are rather atheist, if there is someone religious then it's mostly orthodox Russians. But there are also other churches like lutherans. This is the result of the history when Latvia was colonised and christianised by Germans. Unlike Lithuania which was at some point in history a relevant country with some power and autonomy, Latvians didn't really have much autonomy until 20th century, the same goes to the language which was much less relevant than Lithuanian in worldwide view. But now when you ask a foreigner what is more relevant if LIT or LAT, he will probably not give a fuck at all.
Back to Riga, the old town has this Germanic port city feel, like Gdansk or something. Full of different religions and cultures. The broader city is also interesting as it has Russian and Latvian parts. The Moscowian suburb looks indeed like little Moscow, while there are some other comfy 19th century tenant housing parts, or some old wooden houses parts and of course commieblock areas.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.