[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people unironically believe that New York is the most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_8439.jpg (184KB, 1024x472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8439.jpg
184KB, 1024x472px
I went to New York City a few years ago to visit a sibling who was working at an international firm, and it was perhaps one of the most ugliest cities I've visited. Most of the buildings and promenades looked quite dated and old looking. The Manhatten skyline had a drab grey look that reminded me of vomit. The architecture of the city didn't stimulate or interest me, and ugly buildings were everywhere. NYC is an example of what happens when city planners prefer quantity over quality. Don't get me wrong, New York City has some beautiful areas, but overwhelmingly, the city looked quite dated. Compare NYC to Shanghai, and its clear that NYC seems stuck in the past.
>>
>>69451129
Fucked the title.
>>
What did it smell like? I imagine it smells like hotdogs.
>>
>>69451129
I thought it was a very cool city but I would never wanna live there
>>
>Why do people unironically believe that New York is the most beautiful city in the world

what
nobody does
>>
File: IMG_20160715_085532397.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160715_085532397.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
I went to New York and I liked it

Wtf I hate Australia now
>>
>>69451186
piss
>>
>>69451129
It's one of the best places to live in for work because there's so much crap packed into one city there's jobs in fucking anything you could want to do.

Not exactly beautiful though.
>>
>>69451129
because how a lot of american movies portray nyc
>>
>>69451186
Lower Manhattan smells like wastewater and traffic fumes.
>>
>>69451129
Jew york is a meme friend. The whole east coast is a shithole. The south and west are leagues better
>>
>>69451129
Prboably because big businesses are there
>>
>>69451461
>The south and west are leagues better

The two best states in the union are MA and CT. Have fun with your 3rd world tier Christian education and immigrants.
>>
>>69451129
Because when you visit New York for the first time, you can't look anywhere but up...
>>
>>69451249
This is the worst skyscraper in the world
>>
>>69451129
>Compare NYC to Shanghai, and its clear that NYC seems stuck in the past.

Because NYC is an old city nitwit.
>>
File: IMG_8440.jpg (289KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8440.jpg
289KB, 1280x853px
>>69451249
>One decent tier building in a sea of vomit
>Proving my point
Shanghais better
>>
>>69451129
Big cities are like that, you can't name a city anywhere in the world that is of similar size and does not have large areas of urban blight.

Having said that I'm not exactly what is it you mean by "dated" it is precissely the traditional/classic areas of a city that give it its own character and beauty, New York may be younger in terms of architecture that many other cities in the world but it is doubtless one of the most influential.

It all comes down to personal taste, it's perfectly legit to hate it, but I don't think there's any objective case regarding its architecture as lacking or holding this city to standards that are imĀ“posible for any urban area it's size, at least at the present stage of global civilization.
>>
File: seriously.jpg (9KB, 149x250px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
9KB, 149x250px
>>69451775
WTF? Prefering this over New York is new rich gulf Arab taste
>>
An Australian shilling for a Chinese city. ?

Reallly made me chink
>>
it's part of the charm. if you don't like it you can't really understand.
>>
File: 4371684271_1af7cdb3ae_o.jpg (1MB, 1024x942px) Image search: [Google]
4371684271_1af7cdb3ae_o.jpg
1MB, 1024x942px
>>69451129
>unironically preferring shitty generic modern buildings over this

Stop being a pleb
>>
>>69452107
I don't mind the Art Deco buildings, there's just too many of those drab concrete buildings that were built during the 60s and 70s.
>>
File: tallin.jpg (2MB, 2500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
tallin.jpg
2MB, 2500x1667px
High rises, modernism and postmodernism are a cancerous plague upon our planet, threatening to swallow everything.

Would prefer that hideous grey mass over this?
>>
>>69452284
Looks good. Unfortunately NYC is filled with degenerate postmodern architecture. Art Deco and other pre PM is fine, I just can't stand post modern.
>>
>>69451186
NYC smells like expired bread
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.