[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shieet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

File: rebel2.jpg (2MB, 2324x1284px) Image search: [Google]
rebel2.jpg
2MB, 2324x1284px
Shieet
>>
File: me in japan.jpg (54KB, 410x272px) Image search: [Google]
me in japan.jpg
54KB, 410x272px
That's a nice Christian rebellion you have there. Would be a shame if something happened to it...
>>
>>69407780
Why do you guys only care about money?
Look at Indonesia,what the fuck did you actually do there?You forgot that what actually survives history is language and culture?
Netherlands is rich,yes,but that has 0 to do with what they've done in the past but has to do with the fact that they're the port of germany
>>
>>69408050
Do you really think we would have had Rembrandt, Vermeer, Frans Hals, Jan Steen and all those others if not for our golden age?
You can't really say Brazil is a noble piece of Portuguese heritage, and you guys aren't exactly any better off economically than we are, so I guess us caring for money back then might not have made as positive a difference as possible, but certainly didn't make a very negative difference.
>>
>>69408386
Money comes and goes.Italy was the 2nd strongest economy is the 80s in europe now look at it
>>
File: trash.jpg (88KB, 640x654px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
88KB, 640x654px
>>69407588
>japan could have been christian
wew, they really dodged a bullet there
>>
>>69408713
Yeah, that certainly is true. Perhaps Western hegemony will come to an end as well.
>>
>>69408738
Look at South korea,they're are like 30% christian...
Being catholic or not doesn't matter,japan is atheist
>>
File: varg in the woods.png (623KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
varg in the woods.png
623KB, 762x464px
>>69409071
>Look at South korea,they're are like 30% christian...
yes, and look what is happening there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDmr9vb_XBM
Christianity is no better than islam
>>
File: jpg.jpg (29KB, 294x297px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
29KB, 294x297px
>you will never live in timeline were Japan was converted to Christianity and with it's help convert the rest of Asia
>>
File: 1449002666075.jpg (154KB, 429x605px) Image search: [Google]
1449002666075.jpg
154KB, 429x605px
>>69407588
Thanks for posting this pic, anon. Love this artist. I've seen it a few times while researching the history of Christianity in Japan for university, but I never found it in decent quality, but maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Here's the full picture (in shit quality), for anyone interested. The angel in a kimono is awesome.
>>
>>69410580
Shit, wrong pic.
>>
File: 17_125a_Fumie.jpg (279KB, 444x600px) Image search: [Google]
17_125a_Fumie.jpg
279KB, 444x600px
Speaking of the Shimabara rebellion:

>On March 17, 1865, shortly after the completion of the original cathedral, Father Petitjean saw a group of people standing in front of the cathedral. They indicated to the priest that they wanted him to open the doors. As the priest knelt at the altar, an old woman from the group approached him and said "We have the same feeling in our hearts as you do. Where is the statue of the Virgin Mary?"[3] Petitjean discovered that these people were from the nearby village of Urakami and were Kakure Kirishitans, descendants of early Japanese Christians who went into hiding after the Shimabara Rebellion in the 1630s. A white marble statue of the Virgin Mary was imported from France and erected in the church to commemorate this event. The bronze relief in the courtyard below the church shows the memorable scene of the discovery. Before long, tens of thousands of underground Christians came out of hiding in the Nagasaki area. News of this reached Pope Pius IX, who declared this "the miracle of the Orient."
>>
>>69409438
Literally American Protestantism tier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a54iqEr1flQ

As retarded as it can get.
>>
>>69407588
>>69410580
>Love this artist

Takato Yamamoto
Need to buy one of their artbooks one day and then just cum from the quality. The style is fucking perfect.
I noticed that Yamamoto depicted some Saints beforehand but I never seen this pic of the Christian rebellion. Very interesting.
>>
>>69410215
Christianity is a bad joke compared to Shinto and Buddhism.
>>
>>69410859
Then an atomic bomb destroyed nagasaki
>>
>>69411640
Yep. At least the church they are referring to wasn't destroyed.

The larger cathedral that was built later was completely destroyed, though. At least they got this creepy as fuck statue of Mary that survived the atomic bomb out of it. They still use it in processions.
>>
>>69411640
Protestants always target Christians whenever they can.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.