[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2017 resolutions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: 1424113175920.jpg (861KB, 1375x1560px) Image search: [Google]
1424113175920.jpg
861KB, 1375x1560px
How are you improving your life in 2017 fellas?

I'll start.
Fitness:
>I am going to do 30 minutes of cardio per day with my heart rate at 160-180bpm to improve my heart health
>Continue lifting weights
>Consuming less trans fats and be more mindful of getting my micronutrients
>Stick to a meme skin regiment I found on a Chinese dog-eating forum

Shekels:
>I am going to contribute at least another $30,000 to my portfolio in 2017
>Work at cultivating more shekels through freelancing in my spare time
>I will review my expenses every quarter and try to spot where I needlessly wasted money and how I can reduce my expenses without significantly affecting my quality of life
>I am going to maximize my time spent on productive activities

Social;
>I am going to start more conversations with people
>I am going to attend my University's toastmasters to improve my speech
>I am going to cut out people that don't benefit me out of my life by reviewing my contact list and who i spend most time with
>>
Nice, what do you do?
>>
>>69406057
I suck penis in gloryholes all over the city.
>>
Rich people aren't more happy than the middle class. The job market is a fucking scam.
>>
>>69406418
Why do you think this?

>The job market is a fucking scam
what did he mean by this
>>
>>69405786
I'm finding a gf, like last year and every year before that.
>>
>>69406457
people are say to work harder because more money = more happy but this is false
>>
>>69406535
Why is it false? Doesn't more money buy you better things and offer you greater financial stability?

>>69406522
Are you doing anything else besides looking for a gf? Where are you searching for one?
>>
>>69406562
>Are you doing anything else besides looking for a gf? Where are you searching for one?
I browse 4chan, I'm searching from my mom's basement.
>>
>>69406578
Oh, sounds very effective. Best of luck.
>>
>>69406562
>Why is it false? Doesn't more money buy you better things and offer you greater financial stability?
financial stability isn't the same thing as being rich, I don't know in Canada but in France most of the middle class has financial stability, being rich is having more than financial stability, more than you need
>>
>>69406679
It's fun to have more than you need though.

I don't need a computer, internet or even more than a tiny room to sleep in. but i like it

>being rich is having more than financial stability, more than you need

I wouldn't really agree. How many people have enough financial independence to quit their jobs and never work again? I'd rather work a job because I WANT to, rather than because I HAVE to. I think that's what being rich is about. Being able to spend your time and money how you like.

I think the greatest benefit is that you can pay people to do work you don't want to do, so that you can focus your time on things you do enjoy. That's what I'm trying to strive for.
>>
>>69406807
>I don't need a computer, internet or even more than a tiny room to sleep in. but i like it
what the fuck are you talking about, when I say what you need I don't mean what you need to survive you fuck, I mean what you need to be happy
>>
>>69406807
Are you the autist who wanted to enslave people?
>>
>>69406882
>I mean what you need to be happy

Isn't that subjective though? Different people need different things to be happy.

>>69406917
I don't think so.
>>
>>69406967
>Isn't that subjective though? Different people need different things to be happy.
subjective don't mean unreal, health is also subjective
>>
>>69406996
I don't understand what you mean.

Evidently quite a lot of money is needed in order to be happy because the vast majority of Americans report that they just "clock out" at work and go through the motions. I am not exactly sure what you are trying to argue. What other people require in order to be happy perhaps?
>>
>>69407074
saying that being happy is subjective don't change anything, you still need very little to be happy, a middle class standard of living in the west is already a pic, anything more than that don't increase your level of happiness
>>
>>69407212
>you still need very little to be happy

YOU need very little. I or someone else might need more.

>anything more than that don't increase your level of happiness
It raises mine.
>>
>>69407242
But someday you will get used to it and get bored
>>
>>69407242
>YOU need very little. I or someone else might need more.
no, you think you need more, but it's like somebody with hypochondria that think he need to be cured from imaginary diseases and increase his level of health when it's already at a pic

>It raises mine.
no, it's placebo
>>
>>69407357
>Dude I know what u want/need better than u, trust me u dont want what u think u want you want something different

This is you. This is what you are saying.
>>
from an evolutionary standpoint, it's logical to crave for more, to think that having more will make you happier, but it's an illusion, evolution doesn't give a fuck about your happiness
>>
>>69407462
Then what is the right way to live according to you?

Have you ever been rich? Are you speaking from experience?
>>
>>69407484
>Then what is the right way to live according to you?
stop craving for more, it's not that hard actually

>Have you ever been rich? Are you speaking from experience?
my parents and grandparents are rich
>>
>>69407544
Stop being a bitter crab mentality cunt on a mongolian basket weaving bbs.

Canadanon, financial independence is a great goal to strive for. Don't let others stop you.
>>
>>69407544
>stop craving for more, it's not that hard actually

Why should I stop craving for more? Isn't the whole point of living to strive for something better?

What should I crave for then? For less? Should I just be complacent and say "Okay this is fine i guess ill just wallow in this little shallow grave I dug for myself and have fun never experiencing anything"?

How do you spend your day? Describe your life to me, you sound like a very successful and happy person. Tell me how you spend your limited time on earth that will eventually run out. I want to learn from you.
>>
>>69407646
No, he has an interesting perspective. I wonder if being a loser is secretly the true way to become happy and fulfilled.

I'm almost considering cancelling my gym membership and giving away all my money to refugees.
>>
>>69407656
>Why should I stop craving for more? Isn't the whole point of living to strive for something better?
because you are wasting your time thinking you can be happier with more

>What should I crave for then? For less? Should I just be complacent and say "Okay this is fine i guess ill just wallow in this little shallow grave I dug for myself and have fun never experiencing anything"?
you should not crave for anything except happiness, it's the only thing that matter

>How do you spend your day? Describe your life to me, you sound like a very successful and happy person. Tell me how you spend your limited time on earth that will eventually run out. I want to learn from you.
hanging out with my friends, my girlfriend, my family, reading, going to the cinema, the internet, playing video games... like anybody
>>
>>69407796
>>>69407646 (You)
>No, he has an interesting perspective. I wonder if being a loser is secretly the true way to become happy and fulfilled.
Interesting perspective my ass. It's a coping mechanism for people who are failures in life.
>well that guy has it really good, but he can't possibly have health/love/family/life
>ergo I'm better than him because I have health/love/family/life, even though I'm poor
>people with money are all thieves because nobody can earn more than minimum wage nor invest without being a shit person
>just be happy where you are
I hear this shit daily, it's like fat girls patting each other on the back because it's sooooo hard to lose weight, while slurping 800cal latte.

>I'm almost considering cancelling my gym membership and giving away all my money to refugees.

Kys
>>
>>69407974
>because you are wasting your time thinking you can be happier with more
But the more I get the more it makes me happy.

The more skills I learn, the better I get at something the more happy i've noticed it makes me. I like making money for example, I like being better than other people.

Didn't Nietzsche say something about this?

>you should not crave for anything except happiness, it's the only thing that matter
>Happiness
But that's just subjective and totally different for everyone. What if craving more is what gives you happiness?

>>69408059
It was just sarcasm, I'm just befuddled by people content with mediocrity like this frenchfag.
>>
>>69405786
sweet I am a systems engineer, should I move to america?
>>
>>69408233
>But the more I get the more it makes me happy.
lol

>The more skills I learn, the better I get at something the more happy i've noticed it makes me. I like making money for example, I like being better than other people.
it's placebo, it's all fucking placebo, only what's inside your mind, your way of thinking, make you happy

>Didn't Nietzsche say something about this?
Nietzsche is all about "accepting life", for him that imply craving for challenges and strong emotions, but Nietzsche philosophy will not make you happy

>But that's just subjective and totally different for everyone. What if craving more is what gives you happiness?
craving for more will never give you happiness because of what it means to be craving for something, it's being unsatisfied with what you already have
>>
>>69408233
>>69408493
now I remember why Canadians and French are my least favourite posters
>>
>>69408493
You sound like someone that has never accomplished anything.

How old are you and what are your accomplishments to date? What is your networth? What can you say you're better at than the average person?
>>
>>69408577
>You sound like someone that has never accomplished anything.
Maybe because you don't know what it's like to be happy with what you already have.

>How old are you and what are your accomplishments to date? What is your networth? What can you say you're better at than the average person?
I'm 21 and I don't have a networth, I'm a student. I'm in med school so that's better than the average person, I guess.
>>
>>69408728
>Maybe because you don't know what it's like to be happy with what you already have.

And I never want to.
>>
>>69408766
you are fooling yourself, wasting your time, wasting your life
>>
>>69408233
So your happiness is based on comparisons.
Will you cry if someone does something better than you?
>>
>>69408766

Read Epicurus, bro. Perpetually shifting between work/consumption is a treadmill of hedonism. Living this way is totally unfulfilling since it's impossible to get what you want if you always want more.

It's a decadent, irrational attitude that's been implanted in western culture by the necessity to drive our market economy. So while it's good at ensuring the maintenance of civilization, it deprives the individual of lasting satisfaction.
>>
>>69409642
good post
>>
Holy shit.
France-kun is right about his original statement (theres even a study that found the amount of money that marks the point where income stops being relevant to reported happiness), but nobody ITT is going to be happy if you keep up the autism.
>>69405786
Will try to include weights in my fitness routine.
Getting into uni again, and trying a totally different degree this time.
I'll try to learn how to play guitar.

That's pretty much it, feeling embarrassed when you have so many ideas 2bh sempai.
>>
>>69408947
>Will you cry if someone does something better than you?

No I'll try to find out how they did it and try to join them.
>>
>>69411473
see
>>69409642
>>69409914
>>
File: 1474485426566.jpg (708KB, 1632x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1474485426566.jpg
708KB, 1632x1732px
>>69413485
I'm not interested in entertaining the ideas and thoughts of people I don't want to be like.

If you're not successful I'm not interested in your opinion.

It would be like listening to a kissless virgin on relationship advice, a broke man for financial advice or an unfit man for fitness advice.

I know what I want and I listen to people who have it or are on the same journey as I.
>>
>>69406535
>>69406418

Optimal income (in terms of happiness due to wealth + free time) is estimated around $75,000

which is still on the higher side of middle class individually but not crazy high
>>
File: 1455292180979.gif (608KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1455292180979.gif
608KB, 300x225px
>800,000 software developers

shit pham we out here
>>
>>69414169
Pretty low desu literally babby tier
>>
File: 5.1-Five-Points-1827-NYHS.jpg (2MB, 3006x1827px) Image search: [Google]
5.1-Five-Points-1827-NYHS.jpg
2MB, 3006x1827px
>>69414208
software developing seems extremely painful, as in the sense that you either freelance for scraps making a website for your uncle's tire shop in his incredibly retarded taste, or you're stuck churning out quantity over quality at some shit tier cubicle
am i wrong?
>>
>>69415002
by the way i think he means in USD, which would place it at around 100k CAD/yr
>>
>>69415330
$100k REALLY isn't that much in the grand scheme of things
>>
>>69415375
it's enough for me
>>
>>69414060
You will never be happy and your quest would be eternal then
>>
>>69415302
That's not what software development is.

What you're describing is being a code monkey pajeet.
>>
>>69415302

Pretty wrong. Your median developer will be making a great wage, working on interesting stuff, and not being overworked. Developers aren't factory workers, they're hired to make intuitive decisions and be creative. That's why all of the jobs aren't in India.

It's also largely what you put in. If you're happy with a slower paced team and development as well as lower pay that's available to you everywhere. If you're ambitious as fuck and want to make bank you can head to the west coast and get dogged.
>>
>>69415423
>You will never be happy and your quest would be eternal then

But anon. This IS what makes me happy. Eternal struggle is my happiness.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.