[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

visiting other counties

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Europe_flags.png (74KB, 1200x996px) Image search: [Google]
Europe_flags.png
74KB, 1200x996px
what do you do when you visit other countries? like how to you interact with people?
>>
>>69400690
>like how to you interact with people?
BONJOUR
J'ai besoin d'aide
QUOI ?!
VOUS NE PARLEZ PAS FRANÇAIS ?????

Mais c'est pas dieu possible je retourne en FRANCE REEEE

Something like that
>>
While staying in hostels, it's almost impossible not to talk to people. Pub crawls are also great. As for meeting locals, some countries are more friendly and open to meeting new peoples than others. Where do you plan on visiting? Couch surfing can be a great way to meet locals as well.
>>
>>69400824
probably somewhere in russia or belarus, I want to practise my russian
>>
>>69400690
Wander around in cities, go to pubs/bars. Never talk to people intentionally. It's always random.
>>
>>69401071
ok im in a bar now what do I do

I'm an autist so you'll have to help me out here
>>
>>69401010
Check out expat groups. Ive never been to Russia, but Ive been to Serbia. The locals there are very willing to talk with you/get drinks, especially if you speak their language.
>>
>>69401142
maybe ask someone beside you for a recommendation on a local beer. or even just say you want to practice your russian.
>>
>>69401165
why do I need expat groups?
>>
>>69401142
Depends on where you are and how autistic you are. It's very likely that people would like to talk to a foreigner if you're a good interlocutor and can communicate with them(in Russia you could talk to only a few people if you don't know Russian)
>>
>Russian Crimea on the map
Yes
>>
hostel seems like the way to go, I need to force myself to be in the presence of other people

does anybody have any experiences they can share? so I know what I'm getting into here
>>69403124
i edited that in myself lol
>>
>>69403613
It's really not rocket science. Walk in, say hi to people in your dorm, especially if it's a small one. If you have to enter through a common area, you'll likely be forced to have a chat either way. If you're bored as fuck or looking for people to go out drinking with, sit down in the common room with a beer - or even better something stronger you could share.
>>
>>69403855
sounds good

I had another thing on my mind, are the people who go to hostels usually foreigners or locals?
>>
>>69400690
I usually just write "I am a tourist so feel free to insult me with a smiling face in your language, I don't understand shit" on a paper and carry it.
>>
>>69403957
Depends on the country and how popular domestic tourism is over there and also the hostel itself and its profile. Usually it's by far mostly foreigners.
>>
>>69400690
try to be casual as fuck. blend in. go for the appearance of just another local guy. try and eat the food i see other people buying in shops. drink the common beverages. go to local pubs and loiter about the smoking area trying to listen in on the bants. try to figure out where and with whom to go and not go with. where to get drugs etc. idk, basically just get a feel for what it would be like if this was my home. touristy shit like museums and stuff is really boring for me.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.