[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meme minorities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 26

File: IMG_3547.png (150KB, 444x355px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3547.png
150KB, 444x355px
Do you have obscure minorities in your country that are almost forgotten? We have these:

>Rusyns
They live in the far Norteast. Language is related to Ukrainian, but they consider themselves a separate ethnicity. Many of them are assimilated and you can recognise them only by their religion, which is Greek Catholicism, whereas Slovaks are traditionally Roman Catholics or Lutherans.

>Gorals
You can find them in the mountainous border areas near Poland and Czech Republic. They live in the mountain valleys, language is related to Polish.

>Carpathian Germans
Came here in the Middle Ages to repopulate the land after plagues and Mongol invasion. Were concantrated in mining towns of Central Slovakia and big cities. They use dialects that are hard to understand for standard German speakers. Mostly Protestant. Only a few thousands left after the post-WWII expulsion.

>Croats
In the Southwest. Descendants of refugees from the Ottoman wars in the Balkans. Mostly assimilated.

>Valachs
Romance speakers, shepherds in the mountains, only speak Slovak for several centuries.

>Jews
Only a few thousands left. Even less of those who stayed observant. Mostly in big cities.
>>
Greeks and serbs
>>
>>69385016
We also have Hungarians, Gypsies and some Czechs, but they're not obscure.
>>
>>69385016
>ukrainian

no such language
>>
File: xWcl1LVy.jpg (18KB, 281x281px) Image search: [Google]
xWcl1LVy.jpg
18KB, 281x281px
>>69385123
> no such language will be a second official language in poland
>>
>>69385123
>brit bullies a pole and tells him to get out of his country
>everyone calls the brit a jew paki

>pole tells an ukrainian to get lost
>everyone applauds the pole and laughs

Why do poles get a free pass at harassing white people?
>>
>>69385181
>ukrainian will be a second official language in poland
is this what hohols believe? serious question
>>
>>69385016
Only official minorities are Italians and Hungarians and they're pretty small so I guess they count.

Are the Croats the same as the communities in Burgenland?
>>
>>69385016
I've been to Croatian villages in Slovakia
It was an interesting experience
>>
>>69385016
>Do you have obscure minorities in your country that are almost forgotten?

The Welsh?
>>
>>69385016
>Do you have obscure minorities in your country that are almost forgotten
Amish
>>
The sorbs and the frisians.
The sorbs are known a bit because of the krabat book that build upon their myths.
>>
>>69385016
Vietnam has some tribes with less than 1000 members, the smallest one, Ơ Đu, has 350 people, they are pretty meme i think.
>>
File: eno.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
eno.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>slovakian language
>ian
>>
>>69386831
>The sorbs
Sorbs are east German Slavs that resitet assimilation
>>
>>69385016
>Samis
Serves no purpose in the world

>Tornedalingar
They speak some sort of bastardized version of Finnish
>>
>>69387029
Fuck you, Charlie
>>
>>69386934
Polabians too, but they went extinct a few hundred years ago.
>>
>>69386934
>resitet
*resisted
>>
>>69385016
Cornish is literally the biggest meme ethnicity ever
>>
>>69387188
>biggest
heh
>>
>Cherkessians
A people from the caucuse mountains that went trough something close to a genocide under the Russian empire and fled to Ottoman empire. They live in few villages and although muslim sided with Jews during war of independence
>Assyrians
They claim to be the the remnants of ancient Assyrians and are Christians. They have an identity crisis with some selfidentifing as Arabs and others getting insulted if they are called that. They recently won a recognition as a separate ethnic group by the goverment
>Samaritans
They claim to be ancient Israelites from the northern kingdom. There were millions of them but they were genocided by the Byzantine empire after a series of rebellions and now there are only few hundreds left
>>
>>69387288
what about Ethiopian Jews?
>>
>Finlandssvenskar
They speak some sort of bastardized version of Swedish and the old ones think they're "nobles" somehow.
>gypsies
Swedes made a gypsy hanging law in 1637 and they all fled here instead. The ones that don't steal are hated by the thief ones, and they actually stab and shoot each other over that. Main bulk of the prison population.
>Samis
Reindeer herders that gradually drift south to be unemployed in Helsinki
>Tatars
900 or so Russian muslims in Helsinki that were resettled here in the 1800s.
>>
>>69387454
There are to many of them to call them obscure and they are generally considered as a subgroup of Jews. Yes I know, but it serves no point to question that since they are already here.
>>
>>69387525
Do you have a minority that keeps to a viking style of life?
>>
File: WE.jpg (35KB, 456x259px) Image search: [Google]
WE.jpg
35KB, 456x259px
>>69387454
Ethiopian jews are pretty well known. The Zimbabwean Lemba jews are pretty obscure, though. I don't know whether they have a diaspora in Israel, though.
>>
>>69387627
>Finland
>Viking
>>
>>69387288
What about the druze?
Tell me about the druze.
>>
>>69387654
Even Russian nobility was shaped by Vikings so why not finland?
>>
>>69387627
people living on all those small islands along the coast have old-timey fisher villages.
but they don't go raiding up the rivers.
>>
>>69385016
Injuns
Amish
Cajuns
Melungeons
White people :^)
>>
>>69387699
why do they wear the scarf?
>>
>Bulgarian Germans
Apparently they had quite the eventful history with multiple migration waves, the most recent being in the late 19th century. Most of them were moved by Hitler during WWII.

>Gagauz
An Orthodox Turkic language speaking people that live on the Northern Black Sea coast. Their ancestry is a huge meme and nobody can really agree where they come from.

Apparently we also have a small amount of Czechs and Slovaks too.
>>
>>69385016
>>69387786
Why are Germans such gypsies?
>>
File: calm wojak.png (28KB, 247x251px) Image search: [Google]
calm wojak.png
28KB, 247x251px
>tfw no old minorities
feels good man
>>
>>69387699
They live in Israel Syria and Lebanon. They have strong warrior culture and a secret monoteistic religion that believes in reincarnation. They have a strong warrior tradition. Their spiritual leader resides in Israel. The Israeli ones side with the Jews in the conflict, many are career officers and reach high positions in the army. The Syrian ones are allied with Assad and the Lebanese ones switch sides all the time. Even though they are divided by loyalties to enemy countries and may face each other in battle they are also loyal to each other and try to walk this line carefully.
>>
>>69387708
Do they still have cool sounding names like Ragnar the Whale Rapist?
>>
>>69387919
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostsiedlung
>>
>>69388012
a lot of -sson ending family names, but they're not edgy.
>>
Why does every Eastern European country have minority communities of a dozen ethnicities from random other countries? How did Czechs end up in Bulgaria for example? Why are there Ukrainians, Armenians, Greeks,... everywhere?
>>
>>69388141
Ravio Ragnar
>>
>>69388156
>USSR
>World War II
>Austria-Hungary
>fairly artificially constructed borders in most cases
>>
>>69388255
>>USSR
>>World War II
Most ethnicities are older than these, even older than Austria-Hungary, are they not?
Eastern Europe just seems like a huge clusterfuck.
>>
File: KIsebbs_2010_összes.jpg (368KB, 1600x1124px) Image search: [Google]
KIsebbs_2010_összes.jpg
368KB, 1600x1124px
>>69385016
>Greeks
first arrived to Hungary after the Ottomans fled the country at the end of the 17th century, as merchants and settlers to uninhabited lands, then a second wave, composed of Communist Greeks, came in the 1950s after the Greek Civil War
>Armenians
there were some Armenians here after the conquest of the Carpathian Basin, who've followed the invading Hungarians, but large-scale settlement of Armenians only began in the 18th century, who moved to the Kingdom of Hungary to escape Ottoman oppression
>>
>>69388156
all were parts of soviet block
people from half of African and Asian states studied here
also lots of people from neighboring or not too distant countries worked as miners etc to support "the cause" of commies
>>
>>69388365
>that one municipality with Slovenes down south and the two up in the north-east
Didn't know that was a thing
>>
>>69388310
I wasn't saying they were created by those things, I was explaining why they're in other countries. It depends on the case, some are well-established for centuries in the countries they're in, some were displaced by some relatively recent conflict.
>>
>>69388156
There's a lot factors. Turmoil, wars. Also Eastern Europe is the border between Western Europe and Asia. Czechs came here to settle desolate lands after our Liberation. Armenians mostly came here after or during WWI, but have been here historically for centuries.
>>
>>69388461
>some are well-established for centuries in the countries they're in
Why are there so many of those in eastern and central Europe, but very few in western Europe?
>>
>Gypsies
Greatest scum ever who cry racism every single time. Also they use shitloads of drugs and alcohol.
>Sami
Alcoholics who complain about their language "rights" and want rest of the Finland to pay for their dying language courses.
>>
the Memeiest meme minority would be the Cornish

They have their own terrorist group which claims that English celebrity chefs who have restaurants in Cornwall are enemies of the Cornish people, and they'll remove every single English flag that they see
>>
>>69388435
This is how our Vietnamese and North Korean communities were created.
>>
File: Capture.png (930KB, 717x1071px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
930KB, 717x1071px
>>69388715
>>
>>69388512
Western European borders have remained relatively unchanged for centuries and the Germans, French, English, Spanish, etc have always had independent homelands of some kind, so no need to go anywhere else. There is a small German speaking population in your country as well as France anyway, is there not?
>>
>>69388715
Aren't there supposed to be like ~3000 Cornish speakers and they all learned Cornish as a second language? This map seems dubious.
>>
>>69388765
>There is a small German speaking population in your country as well as France anyway, is there not?
Yes, but they are not ethnic exclaves, they are right on the border with Germany.
>>
>>69388772
Cornwall is sparsely populated
Not sure about speakers, but I thought it was at about 10,000 and like you said, most learned it as a second language
>>
>>69387941
This sounds badass af.
I kbew they were some platonist reincarnation mystery religion but the warrior stuff I didnt heard of yet.
Based.
>>
>Caldoches
White people living in New Caledonia for a long time (most if them usually came here between 1850 and 1900) some of them are descendant from prisoners who were send in New Caledonia. They usually vote for loyalist party and represent 27% of the population. They speak with a weird accent.
They love to do cowboy things https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqmWnT68NvE

>Béké
Descendant of rich white people in the Antilles, they control something like 70% if the economy in those island. Their accent is a mix between quebecois and nigger creole.

>Georgetowniens
Immigrants from Guyana in French guiana, usually consider by the local population as the most dangerous and violent immigrants in the department.

>Petits blancs des hauts, in reunion island
Descendant of poor white people who settled in Reunion island in the last centuries. Most of them are pretty mixed because their ancestors used to married malgaches women. They lives in the inlands.

There's a lot of others ethnies in our overseas department and territories that people don't really know about
>>
Some Hungarians and Croatians in the east
Our westernmost province is badically swiss
And in the south a handful of bilingual street signs are resisting the vicious onslaught of Haiders ghost
>>
>>69388966
and Italians in South Tyrol
>>
>>69388966
>down to 13.000 from 150.000 in just 150 years

nvr forgt
>>
>>69388966
I don't understand why Haider hated Slovenes in Austria. They think of themselves as Slavic Austrians - Carinthians and I don't think their dialects are intelligible with standard Slovene.
>>
>>69389139
Heil Haider!
>>
>>69389139
>Slavic
Therein lies the problem for these people.
>>
>>69389139
>and I don't think their dialects are intelligible with standard Slovene.

There are a few videos by a troll reporter who interviewed austrian slovenes.
A bunch of old fucks talking in slovene, claiming that they don't speak slovene, but windisch, because they're deffo not slovenes and the reporter trolling them about it. The austrian germanisation propaganda was quite severe in the old days apparently.
>>
>>69389139
All dialects are intelligible to an extent except some have more loanwords and unique elements than others
>>
>>69388239
Ragnar Tamerlanesoon
>>
>>69389268
>>69389325
I've read it on their ethnologue.com page.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAYC-Sg66L0
>>
tasmanians
>>
>cornish
meme

>irish gypsies
barely irish, barely gypsy
just a bunch of """"""travelling""""""" (most live in council estates now) chavs tbqhwy

>romanian gypsies
used to be a lot more common than they are today
haven't seen one in years but apparently there is still a significant number somewhere
>>
>>69387029
Méankieli?
>>
Hundreds of them, from sub-hohols to the south, to chukchas on the north-east. A lot of finno-urgics and mongoloids such as tatars, bashkirs, tuvins, etc
>>
>>69389139
Havent really been politically informed at the time but slavs/any eastern bloc migrants used to be the big bogeyman for the right wing. Now its all about muslims with huge amounts of slavic immigrants actually voting FPÖ (they openly solicit for the serb vote in vienna)
>>
>>69389674
>huge amounts of slavic immigrants actually voting FPÖ
Fucking idiots.
>>
Bretons
Normands
Basques
Corsicans
Alsatians

All meme minorities
>>
>>69385016
The only real meme ethnicity we have is Irish Travellers (commonly known as Pikeys or just Gypsies, know. As Knackers in Ireland and Tinkers in Scotland and Ireland)

Remember the film Snatch? Brad Pitt played the "pikey boxer" from the caravan park? Well that's a good depiction of them. They roam like gypsies, they are insular as fuck, they generally don't see themselves as British (sometimes Irish) and they are believed to have split genetically from Irish people in the 12th century. they have their own language called Shelta which is supposedly a fast paced mix of Irish Gaelic an English mixed in with a lot of weird words they made up, it's purposely made hard to understand so outsiders can't understand.

Generally unlike gypsies they do actually work, the general stereotype is that they go place to place tarmacking driveways etc. They are heavily Catholic and strongly believe in gender roles, and they generally believe in domestic violence. They also love to fight each other and box, every young man has to "protect his family's name" by boxing with lads from other families, so they are trained to fight from a young age, which is why they make such GOAT boxers (like Tyson Fury)
>>
>>69389741
>Basques
actually older than all other Europeans
>>
>>69389674
>eastern bloc migrants
You're not just politically uninformed
>>
>>69389741
t. Billy-Bob Rousseau
>>
>>69389709
Meh they are anti eu and third world migratiom which I can get on board with until there is a right leaning liberal party (I really like this Sulik guy of yours desu)
>>
File: lukee.jpg (427KB, 907x803px) Image search: [Google]
lukee.jpg
427KB, 907x803px
Oh boy where do i start?

>Gypsies
Most disgusting scum to walk this earth, steal stab and fight. Only thing they've done for this nation is to clash with immigrants who are starting to steal stab and do all these gypsy activities.

>Fenno-"swedes"
Finns who talk bastardized swedish who swedes don't understand and uphold this picture of being "upper class" or Bättre folk more locally

>Tatars
Never met em, heard they're well integrated and uphold their traditions good.

>Samis
Reindeerniggers who complain about everything

>Russians at the eastern border
Buy land, move here, don't speak the language and be fucking rude.
>>
>>69385016
>Tatere
No idea who they were. They were attempted genocided in the 1950s, I have no idea how many survived or if their culture still exists. I think they fall under the English word gypsies, but we have three words for that in Norway, refering to different peoples.

>Sigoynere
I think that's what they are called. Also a type of gypsies, but have a different language and haven't been in Norway for as long as the Tatere.

>Kvener
People speaking a northern Finnish dialect that live somewhere in the north.

There are also Saami, but they are hardly forgotten. Out of the Saami, there are multiple subgroups, and only the inland Northern Saami really gets attention, the other groups are much more forgotten.
There are three Saami languages in Norway, and another two (?) are extinct in Norway, but may remain in other countries.
It's the Northern Saami that get the by far most attention, by no means obscure, but the sub group of Coast Saami are much more forgotten. The saami that lived on the coast.
Out of the other languages that still remain, Lule Saami are the most obscure ones. They got some attention recently for a rape epidemic I think? But overall, they are ignored.
Southern Saami are also pretty ignored compared to the North Saami, but get more attention than the other group, but still very little. While the Lule Saami are mostly located in one location, Southern Saami people are spread across 100s of kilometers while being rare, so I think the living communities are smaller.
The extinct languages may still have some people of their origin, but I don't know if they exist anymore, never heard about them.
>>
File: 180px-Akseli_Gallen-Kallela.jpg (11KB, 180x256px) Image search: [Google]
180px-Akseli_Gallen-Kallela.jpg
11KB, 180x256px
>>69389841
Where do kven people live and how much are there still left? Just interested.
>>
>>69389775
"Former eastern bloc" is what those countries are still primarily refered to as here
>>
>>69389744
What's the relations between them and niggers/pakis ?
>>
>>69389885
Carinthia is former eastern bloc? Because that's where Slovene Carinthians are from.
>>
>>69385016
apparently the call themselves irish or something of the sort
>>
>>69389932
I just pointed out that slavs were seen as a problem as an answer to why Haider took issue with the ones in carinthia
>>
>>69389744
APPARENTLY we have more roman gypsies than pikeys
>>
>>69390030
He was a neonazi scum who wanted to continue what the scum did before him but what you're saying is nonsense.
>>
>>69389876
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kven_people

I don't know much. Mostly in Finnmark, some in Troms.

The language is apparently spoken by around 2000 people, but almost all of them are old, so it'll be extinct soon.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kven_language
>>
Zealanders, especially those from Copenhagen. They are Swedes in disguise.
>>
>>69390116
Yes, genocide was in fact part of the party program but dont tell anyone
>>
>>69387525
You forget the jews, Pekka
>>
>>69389902
In general they see all non-Travellers as the same
>>
>>69390183
I think he's upset that Heider didn't differentiate between Slovenes in Carinthia who were there for centuries, even before German Austrians, and who were integrated into Austrian culture and immigrants from the Eastern Bloc who came to Austria in the 90s.
>>
>>69387919
Reminder that even Kazakhstan has Germans
>>
>>69390286
Not upset, just saying he doesn't know what he is talking about.
>>
>>69390256
It's the same for gypsies here.
Fun thing in Perpignan which is probably gypsy capital in France, a lot of them vote FN
They're still human trash tho'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPL9SVNJ6YE
>>
>>69390337
Fpö is a bit more than "the anti slovene carinthian" party my friend, nobody here fucking cares desu
In fact, carinthia isnt even voting for them anymore (tho 3 other states are according to polls)
>>
>>69388156
>>69388310
Habsburg adminstration mainly

The Austrian Empire, having largely formed through marital acquisitions, was a complete clusterfuck of separate lands. There was never really an attempt to integrate the people of the Empire together while there was effectively freedom of movement. In any given major city in Central/Eastern Europe German was the main language and Germans and Jews would make up as much of the population as the ethnicity of whatever nation state it is now.
>>
>>69390481
>Fpö is a bit more than "the anti slovene carinthian" party
Never claimed otherwise. They'd be stupid to not oppose the illegals

>In fact, carinthia isnt even voting for them anymore
No shit, they fucked it up when they were in charge.
>>
>>69385016
Soon it will be the Hispanics.
>>
>>69390481
Is it still true that Austrians with Czech surnames vote for social democrats?
>>
>>69390632
Not just that, there was also forced resettlement of protestant germans into the borderregions with the ottoman empire
>>
>>69390708
I dont think anyone cares about their ancestry in regards to political opinion, our current interior minister called "Sobotka" is a christian conservative
>>
>frisians

meme
>>
>>69390668
This is not a "Do you have minorities in your country that will become a majority soon" thread
>>
>>69390832
>Frisians are the actual autocthonous ethnic elements in Sea-land
>the Dutch are just German immigrants from the Moselle valley
>Frisians are a meme, not the German immigrants

rude to the few real Dutchmen (that is, Frisians)
>>
>>69389808
Sulík is a national liberal, like the old FPÖ before Haider.

I don't like him that much t b h.
>>
>>69385016
>Gorals
it's literally "the highlanders", they are not a separate nationality, just Poles or Slovaks living in mountains, only Germans tried to create so-called "Goralenvolk" during ww2:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goralenvolk
>The Goralenvolk was a geopolitical term invented by the German Nazis in World War II in reference to the population of Podhale region in the south of Poland near the Slovak border. The Germans postulated a separate nationality for people of that region in an effort to extract them from the Polish citizenry during their occupation of Poland's highlands. The term Goralenvolk was a neologism derived from the Polish word Górale (the Highlanders) commonly referring to the people living in the mountains. In order to make Gorals collaborate with the SS, the Nazis proclaimed that this group were part of the Greater Germanic Race and worthy of separate treatment from the Poles.[1][2]
>>
>>69385181
As for now, Ukrainian is only the second language in Ukraine
>>
>>69386934
Are there still any Sorbs using Sorbian in their every day life? I thought that they are all more or less Germanised. The real criterium is if they actively use their language
>>
>>69387288
>they were genocided by the Byzantine empire after a series of rebellions and now there are only few hundreds left
interesting
>>
>>69391712
nah
it's not a belarus
>>
I find this kind of thing really interesting but we don't have anything like it
>>
>>69386671
Fgvhh
>>
>>69391938
>injuns
>Acadiens
>the Amish
>Cape Cod Portuguese

c'mon Murrga, we know you inside out
>>
>>69388156
For hundred of years western Europeans, especially Germans, migrated to our region due to various reasons (mostly poverty religious conflicts), so we have many "strange" minorities, for example there were all regions of Poland inhabited by Dutch and Frisian immigrants - so called "Olędrzy" ("Holędrzy" means "the Dutch"):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ol%C4%99drzy

There is even one endangered WESTERN Germanic language that exists only here, it was used by some Germans (but also Scots, sic!), who migrated to Poland in the 13th century:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wymysorys_language
>>
>>69391881
>nah
hahaha:
>A 2012 study showed that:[60]

>on the radio, 3.4% of songs are in Ukrainian while 60% are in Russian
>over 60% of newspapers, 83% of journals and 87% of books are in Russian
>28% of TV programs are in Ukrainian, even on state-owned channels

Of, sorry, actually Ukrainian may be sometimes the third language of Ukraine, kek:
>Russian is by far the preferred language on websites in Ukraine (80.1%), followed by English (10.1%), then Ukrainian (9.5%). The Russian language version of Wikipedia is five times more popular within Ukraine than the Ukrainian one, with these numbers matching those for the 2008 Gallup poll cited above (in which 83% of Ukrainians preferred to take the survey in Russian and 17% in Ukrainian.)[66]

>While government organizations are required to have their websites in Ukrainian, Ukrainian usage of the Internet is mostly in the Russian language. According to DomainTyper, the top ranking .ua domains are google.com.ua, yandex.ua, ex.ua and i.ua, all of which use the Russian language as default.[67] According to UIA research, four of the five most popular websites (aside from Google) in Ukraine are Russian or Russophone: those are Vkontakte, Mail.ru, Yandex, and Odnoklassniki.[68] The top Ukrainian language website in this rank is Ukr.net, which is only the 8th most popular, and even Ukr.net uses both languages interchangeably.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_language_in_Ukraine#Use_of_Russian_in_specific_spheres
>>
>>69385016
Amerindians
>>
File: gtc30.jpg (218KB, 1599x715px) Image search: [Google]
gtc30.jpg
218KB, 1599x715px
>>69385016
I thought Slovaks were the meme minority in Slovakia. Or at least they are on a good way to become one.
>>
File: IMG_3549.jpg (94KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3549.jpg
94KB, 600x400px
>>69392138
We've had Habaner, anabaptists from Switzerland, who settled here in the 16th century. They were renown for producing beatiful ceramics.
>>
File: Sami.jpg (80KB, 462x580px) Image search: [Google]
Sami.jpg
80KB, 462x580px
Proud Sami Mongol here.
Oogaboogah, where's muh minority bux at?
>>
>>69392224
it's because of huge russian (((cultural))) influence.
It's like 50/50 for Ukraine, and even at the East, I can't walk home without hearing Ukrainian somewhere .
>>
>>69392519
>Habaner
Interesting, I'm reading an article right now. This it the case when they immigrated to our region due to religious persecutions in the west, just like "our" Dutch Mennonites.
>>
File: 13858504955244.jpg (4MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
13858504955244.jpg
4MB, 4272x2848px
>>69392674
Come home. Here you're cared for with your finno-ugric friends.
>>
>>69392723
>I can't walk home without hearing Ukrainian somewhere.
>somewhere
hahaha, sorry m8, you aren't heilping your case using similar arguments.

Also - you are talking about some anecdotal impressions, while I gave you the link with proper rates so unless you provide other sources, I have to suppose that you are just a banderite who is butthurt that his meme language isn't even that popular in his own country.
>>
File: 1443246887762.jpg (189KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1443246887762.jpg
189KB, 1462x1462px
>>69392950
>Poles hate Ukrainians
>listen to the famous Polish folk song Hej Sokoły
>find out that it's actually a Ukrainian folk song too
>>
>>69395174
Wow, that's a nice song. Thanks for mentioning it.
>>
>>69388729
>North Korean communities
How large is that?
>>69385016
There were some Manchu minorities in NK. Kim Il Sung kinda forcefully assimilated them tho
>>
>>69395174
Well, Ukraine is a name of one of our former provinces, ie. after 1569 it became a part of the the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland, so how is it surprising? Our main national epic poem starts with "Oh Lithuania, my fatherland" - again, Lithuania was our province (at the beginning it was an independent state, then - in 1384 - a confedarate state, then - 1569 - a federate state and then - 1791 - an integral part of Poland).
>>
>>69385016
Bretons
Basques
Corsicans
Catalans
Savoyards
Alsacian
Normands
>>
>>69395902
>Savoyards
For the first time I hear about them, interesting, merci.
>>
>>69395761
Pretty small. I doubt there's more than 100 Koreans here.
>>
>>69396027
There are more of them in Uzbekistan and other Central Asian countries. Stalin resettled them there from the Russian Far East.
>>
The Czech and Slovak settlement area is really too thin, it was an absurd idea to turn these into a state
>>
>>69396190
Breakup of the Habsburg Empire was a mistake desu. It created a power vacuum in Central Europe that was exploited first by Hitler and then by Stalin.

Maybe Franz Ferdinand's Danube Federation would've worked if he weren't assassinated. Hungarians were too conservative and harsh on their minorities.
>>
>>69396174
Yep, I always wondered why S. Korea didn't take them, Germans did it with their "post-Soviet" compatriots, we have a similar program, only less advanced. As far as I know the largest Korean community lives in Kazakhstan.
>>
>>69395902
>>69395902
>They were so much more before
>Only the farthest minorities could survive, half of them are not even latin

How can we be so devil ?
>>
>>69396396
>Hungarians were too conservative and harsh on their minorities.
Could you give some examples? What were the main conflicts?
>>
>>69396625
They attempted to forcibly assimilate minorities in the Kingdom of Hungary. There was no universal male suffrage until 1918 and Hungarian part of the Monarchy was still very much a feudal society until the end.
>>
>>69396190
Maybe if a certain Austrian dynasty didn't genocide us in the 17th century, the area would be bigger.
>>
all chugs are human scum
>>
File: 3987493875.png (7KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
3987493875.png
7KB, 720x480px
Acadians

We're not that obscure, but no one seems to remember us other than the Maritimes and Cajun bros down in Louisiana.
>>
>>69396625
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magyarization

>French revolution
>o shit those peasants start to realise they are different from us
>quick, turn them into hungarians, forbid them from speaking their mother tongue what could go wrong xDDD

Ofc there were revolutions to nobodys surpise and it eventually led to panslavism
>>
>>69385016
Some native tribes that never saw civilization (yeah, those using bows against aircraft) and bolivians/paraguayans working as semi-slaves
>>
>>69396190
we just prefer particular latitude in opposite to chilli
>>
Yes, white people.
>>
>>69388156
because Eastern Europe was a mess for the last 2000 years
>>
>>69396190
Damn, did it really look like that?
>>
>>69400024
yeah, for five months until Hitler chimped out and occupied the rest of czechia and made slovakia independent

>>69397106
It wasn't really genocide, the Habsburgs expelled Protestants of any nationality. The thirty years war was the reason for most of the loss of population in Bohemia just like in the rest of Germany, not a policy directed against czechs in particular
>>
>>69395902
So everyone that isn't french in France right? Fuck off.
>>
>>69400449
>It wasn't really genocide, the Habsburgs expelled Protestants of any nationality.
Unfortunately, we took some of them and then they sided Swedish invading forces.
>>
>>69399783
It only became shit after mongols and r*ssians though.
>>
File: nevfront.png (52KB, 1237x723px) Image search: [Google]
nevfront.png
52KB, 1237x723px
>>69391712
underrated bant
>>
>>69387920
Aren't there people that speak frisian in Denmark
>>
>>69396625
They wanted then to speak Hungarian. And even though they try doing the same thing to others what the Hungarians did was the most evil thing ever
>>
>>69402011
>And even though they try doing the same thing to others what the Hungarians did was the most evil thing ever
You mean that Slovaks organised that "demadiarisation" campaign after ww2?
>>
>>69402120
You mean commies.
>>
>>69402011
Humgarians have their own schools, media and university. Their party is in the government.

Obviously, 21st century has different standards for treatment of minorities, but it's hardly the same as what happened back then.
>>
>>69402200
Yes, commies, you are right. I asked, because your post was strangely edited, that's all.
>>
>>69386608
Chorvátsky Grob?
>>
>>69402011
Their plan was doomed from the start, even born Hungarians that I know say it is pretty much impossible to learn for an adult. Complete gibberish to anyone but Hungarians.
>>
>>69405392
I know a guy at work, he's from Ireland, been living in Hungary for 20 years and speaks perfect Hungarian, stop perpetuating this myth of a meme language
>>
>>69391830
It's mostly a meme. Everybody who speaks Sorbian also speaks German nowadays. It's like your Silesians. They are weird Germans.
>>
Our Hungarian minority is way smaller than what statistics say. People will call themselves magyars but they speak flawless slovak, they watch slovak tv and speak at home in slovak. If you ask them they are proud magyars ofc, but young generation cant even write properly in hungarian 50% of the time.
>>
>>69405862
They feel like Magyar, so let them be Magyars. What's wrong with it?

When there was a census I checked the box for Jewish because I don't want them to lose their minority status. I voted for the Hungarian party too.

Minorities make our culture richer and more cosmopolitan. We should learn to be more tolerant and respectable.
>>
>>69406050
lol
>>
File: 1477812569778.jpg (74KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1477812569778.jpg
74KB, 454x453px
>>69406050
Literally cuck
>>
armenians and germans from old mining towns
>>
File: motorola.jpg (84KB, 607x1080px) Image search: [Google]
motorola.jpg
84KB, 607x1080px
>>69385261
>>69386544
They are not Polish, they are just Katsap muscovites as usual. lel
>>
Pffft, old world problems.

Here in the new world we've all amalgamated to the greatest nationality of all: AMERICAN!!!
>>
>>69385261
hohols aren't white
>>69406207
Zamknij mordę, robalu.
>>
>>69406207
RIP Motorola
>>
>>69406139
No, I just despise nationalism.
>>
kek we're everywhere
>>
The Netherlands has 17 million people.

Frisian (450k speakers)
Dutch Low Saxon ( 1,8 mil speakers)
Limburgish (830k speakers)
Papiamento (250k speakers)
English (spoken on two Islands)
>>
>>69405684
I'm not sure if it's well known in Germany, but actually there are two types of Lusatians - some of them speak Lower Lusatian that is very similar to Polish, but there are also Upper Lusatians who speak a very "Czech-like" language.
>>
The most interesting are Occitans living in Calabria and Molise Croats
Then we have Germans, Albanians, Slovenes and normal Croats
>>
>>69406050
kek
>>
>>69406397
This is the other side of the Kingdom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7OuoPpu2OQ
>>
>>69406325
Ape
>>
>tfw no obscure minorities in Czechia
>>
Czechs, Slovaks, Hungarians are defined as autochtonic minorities, but the ones that came 50 years or longer ago pretty much assimilated.
Gypsies are very meme tier, the endemic ones are far and between and okay, everyone just hates the one who come begging from god knows where.

Jews don't really count, because they're defined as a religion. Not too many left, well you know the story. You can spot the orthodox weirdos in the respective quarters, but apart from that I met like 4 Jews in my life.
>>
>>69385016
Our meme federation fully consists of them. Tatars, Chechens, Baskir and a lot of other. Some Nenets, Mordvin or Komi peoples are fully memetic and don't exist in reality.
>>
>>69395947
They're just Swiss in denial
>>
File: Romania_harta_etnica_2011.png (195KB, 1490x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Romania_harta_etnica_2011.png
195KB, 1490x1023px
>>69385016

Cool minorities:
>Saxons and Svabes
Germans who came in the 12th century (poor miners and "shallow women") and became protestants and Svabes who came with the Austrian empire to colonize

>Slovaks and cechz
They came over by force relocation during the Austrian empire

>Serbs
A few in Banat, really chill and cool

>Secui (Or Székelys)
They use to be a turkic tribe who came here with the Hungarian invasion...but who lost their language and embraced the Hungarian language and Catholicism (the green spot in the middle). They were the border-guards of the Hungarian state.

>Lipoven russians
They emigrated to the Danube delta to escape persecution in Russia by the church.

>Turks
Turks in Dobrogea were relocated there after a failed religious rebellion in the Ottoman empire. They are very secular.

>Tatars
Came there piling in the Balkans but failed to get back to the steeps. They live around Russians in the swamps of the Danube delta.

Not so cool minorities:
>Hungarians
....nothing to say here.

>Gypsies
...came from the lower case of Indians, stayed here as serfs, got liberated, started to chimp out.
>>
-Louisiana/Alabama/Mississippi Creoles of any color
-Cape Verdeans
-Gullah Geechee
-Assyrians
-Dominicans from Dominica
-Montserrat islanders
-Islenos
>>
>>69407563
There are Czechs in Banat too,saw some reality show from Banat
>>
>>69407661
>Gullah Geechee
>Islenos
I had to google them
>>
I heard America has a lot of English and German immigrants. Pure meme.
>>
we move to australia and ruin their cities :DDDD
>>
>>69408285
delet
>>
File: 1481453600585.jpg (64KB, 798x770px) Image search: [Google]
1481453600585.jpg
64KB, 798x770px
>>69408285
>>
>>69387920
what about the few frisians that live in your place
>>
File: vainamoinen2.jpg (76KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
vainamoinen2.jpg
76KB, 400x384px
>>69387701
because of the
A N C I E N T . F I N N I S H . K I N G S
N
C
I
E
N
T

F
I
N
N
I
S
H

K
I
N
G
S
>>
>>69407661
Fuck Dominica stealing our name. Literally meme island.

As for our meme minorities we have Samana English, cane cutters the immigrated here from the tiny British Antilles.
>>
>>69397253
Maybe we would remember you if you had cooler accents like the Québécois
>>
>>69410020
Dominika and Dominik are common names in my country

makes you think
>>
>>69410359
Here too.
>>
File: fi-stat.gif (3KB, 353x216px) Image search: [Google]
fi-stat.gif
3KB, 353x216px
>>69385016
>Gypsies
The least organized mafia to ever exist. Different families control different suburbs in Helsinki - Lindemann's have Malmi, Högert's have Itäkeskus etc.
The 'control' mostly consists of copper-wire looting and stabbing monopoly. Also if they are met in other kaale's area, they are shortly kicked in the head with dance shoes and stabbed to death

>Sami
Alcoholics who wear colorful clothes and appear often in the news complaining about various topics.
I like the language and consider them fellow people of finns, if they could just quit their ridiculous arguing and create a modern version of their culture or do anything to progress their cause other than argue who's a 'real sami' and who's not

>Fennoswedes
Ankdammen bourgoisie who talar bättre folk language and are hip and tolerant. Live somewhere west of Helsinki, also in the city center.
Think finns are inherently lesser beings and could kindly fuck off back to sverige.

>Somalis
Sit in shopping centers, if they grow hungry they shoplift food.
The most apathic people I've ever met, though I think it stems from the fact that they don't really belong anywhere: Finns they can't be, but real somalians they are neither.
Occasionally fight with the local gypsies, usually being BTFO by the trained-from-birth kaale's

>Russians
Drive with big black FSB-cars and buy vast areas of land.
Expect people to talk russian: have no interest in finnish ways or people.
Fly the russian flag in their summer cottages.
Keep the bordertowns alive
>>
I've not a Russian, but I just wanted to mention the Karelians, a Uralic (but NOT Finnish) people. I'm part of their diaspora and everyone forgets how Russia royally fucked us in the ass, by "assimilating"/deporting us. I guess you can call us obscure minorities.
>>
>>69385016
supposedly yes
>>
>>69410738
The idea of a 'finnish people' is just a construction. The finns consist of several 'tribes', including the two main peoples: Tavastians and Lutheran Karelians (Finnish Karelians [Karelians from the areas of "Old Finland"])
The other are:
Savonians, a mix of Tavastians and Karelians
Ostrobothnians, Tavastians who ventured north in finnish literally "Northlanders" (Pohjanmaalaiset). The areas they inhabited were called Kvenland by the scandinavians, which is the source of the Norwegian Kven-minority
Finns proper, a mix of Tavastians and Swedes

There really is no 'finnish' people, there are these tribes and the next natural frame of peoples is the definition of Finnic people (or Baltic Finns) which both the Russian and Finnish Karelians are a part of.
>>
doukhobour
>>
>>69410020
>>69410359

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO7cD6qmydo
>>
>>69410738
WE
>>
>>69413860
VAS
>>
>>69413903
KARELIANS
>>
>>69413918
I DER'MO
i der'mo
>>
>>69406050
>Paid for by the Soros Foundation
>>
File: 1483389918994.jpg (113KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1483389918994.jpg
113KB, 800x800px
>>69414160
>on all fronts
>>
>>69407661
>cape verdeans
we have those here?
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.