[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so well, /int/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: alba-MMAP-md.png (110KB, 1030x727px) Image search: [Google]
alba-MMAP-md.png
110KB, 1030x727px
What went so well, /int/?
>>
File: 1476908046884.jpg (18KB, 552x389px) Image search: [Google]
1476908046884.jpg
18KB, 552x389px
>>
>>69360146
Enver Hoxa
>>
>From a physical point of view, a more favorable judgment can be awarded Albanians. Tall and muscular, of rather blond and regular features, the Albanian is clearly Caucasian, although subject to a race Mongolian in origin, the Turk. (See articles on these.) Yet in one respect he resembles the Asiatic type; he has one of the broadest heads not only of Europe but of the world. The face is broad, in sharp contrast with the long, oval face of the pure Greek type, which adjoins the Albanian on the south. It is this combination of "giantism" and hyperbrachycephaly, that makes the race physically distinct and seems to warrant Deniker in giving it a separate name, the "Adriatic" or "Dinaric." It resembles most the "Celtic" or "Alpine" race, and is so placed by some. But the type is taller: the northern Albanians, like the Montenegrins, rival the Scotch and the Norwegians in stature.

Bravo Albania
>>
>>69360146
>El nombre Albania, en cambio, es ajeno a los nativos y deriva del latín albus, 'blanco'.

albania means white
>>
File: albasednia.png (1MB, 956x817px) Image search: [Google]
albasednia.png
1MB, 956x817px
>there are "first world" countries posting right now who eat less beans than Albania

Pathetic.
>>
>a used condom
>>
>>69360366
Risking ridicule for my autism, I'll still risk it and explain you where the name comes from. Around the 2nd century BC Celts invaded the Balkans and settled there. Around the same time, likely after the word spread that there was land for grabs there, sea-faring Celts from Britain fared all the way through the Mediterranean and settled on what is today the Albanian coast. As the Celtic name for Britain was Alba, they referred to themselves as Albanian and lived in a settlement called Albanopolis.

Over the years they merged with the local Illyrian tribes, but they as such gave their name to the land and this survived until today.
>>
And I'll go even further: in those days the Belgae had settled on the British coastlines, tribes like the Menapii, Brigantes, Atrebates.... are sea-faring Celts. In fact the Menapii were named after their sea-god Manannan mac Lir.

So it is very likely that the Albanoi who settled there were Belgae. The other Celts in the Balkan were also related to Belgae, as the name of a famous general was Belgios (just like the Belgae named their god of war, Belgios, Belenos to the mainland Gauls).

You may start raging and flinging shit at me now.
>>
>>69362111
Now.,no offense,but perhaps, perhaps,the settlement was called Albanopolis because they lived in mountains,and such,they were the least assimilated by Romans.
>>
>>69362211
What I stated about the Albanoi coming from Alba by boat was documented by Greek historians, Strabo if I am not mistaken.

Naturally we're talking 200BC, and they were a small group, so assimilation would have proceeded fast and the neighbouring Illyrians were in the majority. But since the settlement existed before Roman days and for some time, I would assume that their relations with the outside world were peaceful.

Even today it is interesting to see that Albania has a spike of R1b* higher than the surrounding Slavic countries or even Greece (which was heavily Romanised after all), and that the subclades do not always correspond with the typically Roman ones.

But then again, there is another caveat, that is Romania. We already know that they are related (well the ancient Dacians that is), and one could argue the R1b there is mostly Roman, but why then does Romania have a high prevalence of the genetic disease called haemochromatosis (an inability to absord sufficient iron, leading to an excess amount of iron in the body) which is also known as "the Celtic disease"? A disease prevalent in all Celtic and Celto-Germanic countries, including Czechia (because Bohemians are basically Slavic-speaking Celts).

Could it be that there was a close relation between Dacians (and if you draw the line further Illyrians and Thracians) and Celts? We don't know enough about their early history, but scientific method seems to tell us something here.

Also, from the eyes of a Celto-Germanic person, it is uncanny how "normal" some Albanians look. I do not mean to diss my other fellow Indo-Europeans here (Slavs and Balts) but when it comes to Albania sometimes I see North-African and Greek looking people (normal, confirmed by haplomemes E1b1 etc...) but for every one of them there are those who would totally not look out of place in say England, Belgium or Bavaria.

We need more local genetic mapping. The future will tell us more.
>>
>>69360416

You do understand that beans is a substitute for meat?
>>
>>69362985
Well,we do share some linguistics ties with Celtic languages,so maybe
>>
>>69362985
About the haemochromatosis Celtic disease thing: there are two kinds of it, corresponding to two kinds of genetic abberations.

One is common amongst all Celtic/Celto-Germanic countries: Ireland, Wales, Belgium, France, Czechia.

A second one is more rare and is only common in some parts of Wales, Czechia, and Romania.

What are we missing here?

(Also, I do not have data on Albania on this, but it wouldn't surprise me if one of these two or both are also to some extent present)
>>
>>69363406
The future will point it out I think. Now we do the genetic mapping of Europe, since around 2000.. This research is well performed (in my country only people who could prove ancestry in the area until the late 18th century could participate and the population sampled was still pretty large), but it only gives us the big picture.

In the future we will be able to do real microgeographical analyses, to analyse one village in bumfuck nowhere, and when we have enough data from all over Europe, put it all into a database and compare with the historical records.

I've studied biochemistry. I always loved both chemistry and history, but had to choose, and you can't really make a livving from studying history. But now both have met, and for the first timee we can probe history (migration patterns and ethnology) using exact scientific method, which will silence all idiotic politically-inspired theories. That alone makes me want to continue living for a while.

And certainly the Balkan is a great field of study, especially Albania, given that they speak one of the oldest braches of the Indo-European language and resisted (at least linguistically) both Romanisation and Slavisation.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.