[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who has the better wine - Italy or France?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: FRANCE VS ITALY.jpg (5KB, 240x192px) Image search: [Google]
FRANCE VS ITALY.jpg
5KB, 240x192px
Who has the better wine - Italy or France?
>>
>>69304275
Chile desu
>>
>>69304275
your mom makes a really good wine with my grapes
>>
i think italians are better at making a heartier wines, because they work best with food.
french wines are more expensive, and that's probably why Italy overtook France to become the biggest export of wine in the world last year.
i dont think you can compare them: different climates, different taste, different stories
>>
>>69304275
Chile
>>
>>69304275
Chile
>>
>>69304653
Pretty much this.
Italy on overall has better terroir (a lot of sun and rain and good soils) but they are looking for different kind of flavour.
I have the feeling that French have a better grasp over complex vinification techniques.
It makes sense because it is harder to make wine there so they'd look into how to have better repeatability and how to perfect them
In Italy pretty much any wine that grows will make a decent wine, so why bother?

Thus a dichotomy between more varied and complex wine in France (and more expensive) that are well marketed as luxury product VS good earthy simple wines from Italy that ain for volumes.

Bear in mins these are broad generalisation, there are incredibly refined and complex wines in Italy and people making simple wine from azong terroirs in the southern France, it's just not the majority.

I love both
>>
File: WGO_portrait.jpg (29KB, 419x379px) Image search: [Google]
WGO_portrait.jpg
29KB, 419x379px
The only wine on earth worth drinking is hockey legend Wayne Gretzky's Estate No.99 Okanagan series

If you say anything else you are a homosexual
>>
>>69304275
Chile
>>
>>69304275
Chile
>>
>>69305284
Overpriced new world piss desu.
It's good but ffs you can buy a whole 6bottle box of a comparable Spanish wine for the price they ask
>>
>>69305284
The Okanagan is full of Pakis now
>>
>>69304275
Chile
>>
>>69304275

I know I'll get meme'd but some Californian wines are pretty amazing.
>>
>>69305420
Take it back. Only hockey legend Wayne Gretzky can produce god tier wines. Your tastes are rubbish because you have too much soccer and not enough hockey
>>
>>69305722
I won't meme you, but I will inform you.
If a panel of wine makers were asked to create the perfect climate and soil conditions in which to grow a vineyard, they would create Napa Valley, CA. In addition, CA somewhat benefits from a lack of tradition. For example, science proved that rubber corks or air tight caps, were better for wine aging and preservation, CA was not afraid to use them, whereas France or Italy, was stuck on traditional corkwood corks.

However, CA lacks the most important ingredients. The quality of wine grapes are a byproduct of the soil. CA has a great mixture of minerals, substrates, etc, but does not have generations of patient cultivation. CA wines are made to be good, and they often are, French or Italian wines are meant to represent their area, they taste of the place they were cultivated, a taste that only can come from time and care.

Wine is also often as much about the experience as the actual taste. Euro wines have a great story, CA wines don't yet.
>>
>>69306224
I could have written that.

Also, I think that Stellenbosch and Australia are on the same path, great climate/terroir it lacking the centuries of selection and cultivation to make the perfect grape for this very terroir.
Pinotage is a good example though
>>
>>69306224
>CA wines are made to be good, and they often are, French or Italian wines are meant to represent their area, they taste of the place they were cultivated, a taste that only can come from time and care.

Good point.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.