[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the UK like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: britain.jpg (78KB, 732x1024px) Image search: [Google]
britain.jpg
78KB, 732x1024px
Those of you that aren't originally from the UK but have been or live there, what differences did you first become aware of and were any of them surprising?
>>
>>69213709

>Tea is not a meme, it's a way of life

Not suprised

>There are a lot of autistic people with accents I couldn't understand

Somewhat, every cunt has its village idiots and different accents

>Slags

Yes, I thought burger women were easy
>>
>>69213912
I live in one of the most promiscuous cities in the world (Carlisle) and I'm still a virgin but I have been offered sex at least three times. Two of them were fuckable but I blanked their offers for FWB because I am literally autistic IRL; the other was some crazy washed up addict in their late 40s (but she looked older), who apparently had HIV, also I was only 17 at that time and she tried to force herself on me.

The UK has a very broad range of accents because apparently, according to linguistics, language (English) tends be more varied in the area that it originated in. Accents change like every 30 miles or so.
>>
>>69214530

Manchester was where I spent most of my time in the UK and I didn't have to do anything other then speak for drunk women to ask me what I was doing later or if my hotel was close by. They were all average looking, not ugly, but nothing special.

I spent 4 days in Southampton and it wasn't as, uhhh... slutty there, but again all I had to do was walk up, order another drink, and if my voice was heard by some females they would strike up a conversation. The one ordered my table a round, I presume to give me an avenue to approach her and her friends, which worked. Pretty rude to accept a round of drinks and not at least say thank you.
>>
I'm more of an insider 1st generation diaspora, so I still grew up with a very different culture than what is "British" so this country still feels extremely foreign and weird to me.

My experience is that the girls being slags are actually supported by their parents, in high school there were 12 year olds who had popped their cherry.

A lot of the uneducated are offended too easily, like cant-take-bantz-tier easily, like "OI BRUV YOU WANT 2 GET SHANKED CUZ BLUD MATE U SAY THAT SHIT" easily.

A lot of the too-educated don't know what humour is.

It's hard to find an inbetween.

They don't have much national pride/nationalism but they do have "hood-pride", aka "yo bruv rep the [[postcode here]]".

Strangers are not friendly 99% of the time, if you do talk to a stranger they always refer to you as "mush" which means mate 'round here but then proceed to threaten you and insult you for 5 minutes for no reason in particular. Normally they say shit like they will bang you out but if you just walk towards them they eventually just walk away. I never understood the random unfriendliness, there's nothing so prominent in the open-culture that can cause this otherwise I would have turned like this too - parenting maybe?

Almost all my friends here are 1st generation diaspora or immigrants because I cannot into that much assimilation. My brothers and sisters assimilated well but I cannot into assimilate. I do have some British mates and they are p bants.

Teachers and parents here have a very very big obvious superiority complex though, it is so bleeding obvious it's somewhat scary. If you've ever had a foreign teacher you know what I mean.

I live in one of the whitest, yet poorest (mixed, some rich some poor af) areas of the UK, biggest minority here are Polish people. I hear Londoners tend to be more friendlier etc.
>>
>>69213709
London + rednecks

t. HUE guy on Paris
>>
>>69214845
In my experience, it's school teachers that tend to be shitty while teachers at community college tend to be more down to earth. Then again I was an autistic thug back at school but eager to learn in college so that should partly explain my difference in experience.

Not sure what Uni educators are like.
>>
>>69213709
More foreigners than here
>>
>>69214889
kill yourself
>>
>>69214889
i no understand
>>
>>69213709
negative differences
> most UK houses don't even have double glazing
> most UK properties are not even insulated and can't be thanks to local policies
> two faucets, one for hot and one for cold water, is UK still in medieval times?
> low ceillings
> tiny interior area of most apartments and middle class houses
> major cities flooded with niggers, muslims, indians, yet white British people are most angry about same looking people of same religion from eastern Europe, seriously?
> if your house can't have a real fireplace, make a fake one
> fucked up or non existent heating system in most UK houses
> need local council permission to grow a tree on a front yard, trim grass or paint my facade not to offend anyone
> be afraid of being politically incorrect while in contact with other people
> most British people have urgent feeling they need to help homosexuals and third world countries to save elephants
> homosexuals, liberals, females pretending to be males, fat English cunts, Oxbridge turned GAY
> Cambridge and Oxford universities now home to liberal Marxists, foreign students and statists
> Conservatives have turned left, Theresa May wants to fight against bad Capitalism, seriously? WTF???
> Key British people have left and no longer worry about their local affairs, they think globally
> UKIP still not leading party, Nigel for PM as we speak
> fucked up voting system (get 20% votes in general election and not even 1% in parliament)
> progressive instead of flat taxation, inheritance tax (fuck off!), BBC turned GAY, London, Globe Theater turned GAY
> social system

positive differences
> landscape (countryside), weather, Monthy Python, J.R.R. Tolkien, literature, history, wealth, cadastral planning, business, corporate friendly environment, property protection, Rowan Atkinson, To The Manor Born, Yes, Minister, Black Books, IT Crowd, Simon Pegg, Black Adder, Fawlty Towers, Hugh Laurie, Red Dwarf, Brittas Empire, Only Fools and Horses, Billy Connolly...
>>
File: paulista's beach.jpg (64KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
paulista's beach.jpg
64KB, 625x415px
>>69215559
Why so mad m8?
>>69219851
London is top tier and the rest of the UK is irrelevant and full of rednecks.
>>
>>69213709

So many fucking pakis... and niggers

Soooo many.
>>
>>69220457
London is global multicultural melting pot. I do not expect it to get any better (~British) since mayor is a muslim. Muslims are dangerous and should be shot on the spot, don't even relocate them, put them into dog food along with gypsies that turned down work offer hundred times and still receive benefits... Nigel will make Britain Great again. UK needs more racism, racism is good for nation.
>>
from browsing /brit/ you're very classist
>>
>>69220655
I rarely ever see any blacks in north England. They're so rare that I can't help but gawp in fascination whenever I see one. I can only recall one memory of ever interacting with a black man, at church when I was a kid. His name was Paul and we shook hands; that was it but it is among my most vivid memories.

I notice plenty of poles though.
>>
>>69213709
First I will say I am Korean not Murikan

Only went London.

It's basically NYC without high buildings and with a lot older building.

Food is bad tho when I went restaurants. If not bad, it is much more expensive than the US. I only had Chinese and Indian food as those were only cheap food with decent taste in London. Groceries were weirdly good and cheap tho. Idk how bad food comes out of good ingredient. In terms of food, it better than worst Korea anyway as the UK at least had decent groceries. Worst Korea is like bad grocery + bad restaurants because Korea mostly import food ingredients from China and most of those importers get shitty, cheapest ones from China. You literally get the best Korean food in Los Angeles, not in Seoul.
>>
UK is world autism capitol
>>
>>69214845
>They don't have much national pride/nationalism but they do have "hood-pride", aka "yo bruv rep the [[postcode here]]".
SHE WANTS A MAN FROM
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.