[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

honhonhon la baguette parapluie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: n'estpasunepepe.jpg (179KB, 1280x892px) Image search: [Google]
n'estpasunepepe.jpg
179KB, 1280x892px
Is French really the world's shittiest language?

every time i study it, i walk away frustrated and baffled that human beings continue to speak such an illogical, fussy, pedantic "language."

>"historical spelling"
>80% of letters are silent but must write and memorize them anyway
>handful of slightly varying phonemes that nonetheless carry critical information, you're fucked if you miss just one
>90% of which are vowels and grunts: "Il a un été et un an." = fuck outta here
>verbose and pedantic fixed phrases for simple concepts
>"What is it?" = "Qu'est-ce que ç'est?" = "WHAT IS IT THAT IT IS?" = fuck outta here
>despite overwrought polysyllabic spelling, is only three syllables like most languages
>fussy and nonsensical ("historical") fixed constructions: "Nous sommes lundi..." "Il est une heure et demie..."
>required need for "du" everywhere and before everything, just one more redundant formalism
>the fucking pronoun "on," worse than "su" in spanish
>the numerical system
>how much french adores itself for being a shitty latin creole
>has an Académie to ensure it never changes in any meaningful way, becomes comprehensible or relevant

honestly, is there a worse language than this? it's not too hard grammatically, except for some stupid quirks, but the spelling/phonology is a joke. it's a vowel soup with occasional "ettes" and "plupluplu's," intelligible only to those who, like long-held hostages or feral children, are convinced of the normalcy of their predicament. if french didn't exist, no one would ever create it. triste!

what language do you hate the most?
>>
>>69185160
>what language do you hate the most?
Probably Chinese
>>
>>69185160
>>the numerical system

Okay every Latin language is like that, don't be a pussy.
>>
>>69185389
w r o n g

English - French
eighty - forty(*)two
ninety - forty(*)two(+)ten
ninetynine - forty(*)two(+)ten(+)nine

No other romance language that I know of does this, of course I could be blatantly wrong but it's still ridiculous.
>>
>>69185479
sorry edit
I'm dumb

forty - four * twenty
Apply this to all others.
>>
>>69185389
neither Spanish nor Italian use that idiotic system
>>
>>69185479
>English is a romance language
This is why we make fun of your educational system. English is a Germanic language with Romance vocabulary.
>>
>>69185160
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigesimal
I won't deny it, this is nonsense to use both decimal and vigesimal.

But the rest is purely cherrypicking.
>>
>>69185479
I think it's 4*20 not 2*40
>>
>>69185160
>speaks the most retarded language there is
You aren't the one to talk about languages OP
>>
>>69185479
Just speak belgian.
>>
>>69185595
I never said this 2bh, all the other romance languages have a straight line numeric system, with french you have to go through a maze to arrive at a single number.
>>
>>69185631
>But the rest is purely cherrypicking
C'mon, you've got to admit it isn't (except for the part of "slightly varying phonemes that nonetheless carry critical information", which is true of most languages). But it's funny because all that stuff is what I think makes French great. Muh historical linguistic heritage.
>>
>>69185160
ur just mad lol
>>
>>69185160
>what language do you hate the most?
Tagalog.

But that's just me being racist against flip-flops, theoretically there's nothing wrong with the language itself.
>>
File: 1482946809722.gif (2MB, 420x314px) Image search: [Google]
1482946809722.gif
2MB, 420x314px
>>69185160
>ameridumbs
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.