[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask me anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 13

File: 1280px-Flag_of_Kuwait.svg.png (6KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Flag_of_Kuwait.svg.png
6KB, 1280x640px
Ask a Kuwaiti anything
>>
what countries have you visited?

why do Saudis drink so much when they visit the West?
>>
>>69177683
do you like japan? what is your favorite anime?
>>
Hows the Shia situation ?
>>
>>69177714
>what countries have you visited?

>Bahrain
>Qatar
>The U.A.E
>Turkey
>Greece
>Cyprus
>Italy
>Sicily
>Malta
>Tunisia
>Morocco
>Most of Europe
>Parts of the US
>Parts of Canada
>Brazil
>Peru
>Chile
>Sri Lanka
>Thailand
>Australia
>New Zealand

>why do Saudis drink so much when they visit the West?
Probably because they're inbreds and have a false sense of scarcity.

>>69177795
My dad visited Japan in the 80's, I haven't been there myself, and I don't watch anime

>>69177867
Sunnis and Shias have coexisted in Kuwait for hundreds of years, there isn't a problem.
>>
You werent independent for most of the regions history, what makes kuwaitis culturally different from southern iraqis, iranic coastarabs and saudi-arabs so that your state was formed?
>>
How pro-West are Kuwaitis?
>>
Are there many indians/indonesians in Kuwait ?
>>
>>69177683
are you Kuwaiti? can i really ask you anything, like money?
>>
bahrein > qatar > kuwait
>>
>>69177683
Why are you gulfers so evil?
>>
Whats your endgame?
>>
Is there many religious extremists over there ?
>>
>>69177683
sum up Kuwaiti history in a few words pls
>>
>>69178312
>>69177683
Adding on to this I heard from another Kuwaiti immigrants are treated like slaves and beat/raped. That true?
>>
>>69178239
Around the 17th to 18th century several nomadic tribes established a fort by the gulf of Kuwait, and these tribes were from mostly different backgrounds, some of them were Christian, Sunni, Shia, etc.

There wasn't an incentive to stay during Kuwaits inception, people used it as a trade route to get to Aleppo and Damascus, the people who actually lived in Kuwait were fishers and pearl divers, but the bond between the tribes is what brought the culture together.

Fast foreword a couple of years, and around 1919 the Kuwait-Najd War started, Ibn Saud wanted to annex Kuwait and the odds were stacked against us, but we won, and it states in the constitutions that a kuwaiti is defined as a family that lived in Kuwait prior to 1920.

I would say it's different from other Arab cultures based on the fact that Kuwaitis come from different backgrounds, it's one of the only Arab countries that have peaceful relations between the shias and sunnis, and there are even some Christian Kuwaitis.

It's conservative but not dogmatic, it values tradition but it doesn't shun innovation, Kuwaiti artists also inspired other countries, such as in calligraphy, poetry, plays, etc.

>>69178686
> Kuwaiti legislators’ adoption on June 24, 2015, of a new law giving domestic workers enforceable labor rights is a major breakthrough that should lead other Gulf states to take similar action. Kuwaiti authorities should rigorously carry out the new law and address remaining legal and policy gaps that discriminate against domestic workers and put them at risk.
>>
Would I be able to find a place to drink alcohol in Kuwait ?
>>
>>69178652
Nope, people with radically ideologies are actually laughed at.
>>
>>69177683
Do you believe that the Phoenicians were proto arabs
>>
>>69178891
Alcohol was actually legal in Kuwait in the 60's and prior.

It's not illegal to own some for personal use as far as I know, but it is illegal to sell. so your chances are slim, unless you know someone from an embassy or something.
>>
>>69178932
The Phoenicians did speak some form of a Proto-Semitic language, but they are genetically different from most Arabs, especially the ones from the Levant.
>>
>>69178684
>Ancient civilizations hung around for a bit
>Decided it was too hot and left
>Nomads came around
>Decided to stick around
>Attacked by other nomads
>Attacked by other civilizations
>Got fucked by Britain
>Found oil
>Asked Brits to leave
>Became independent
>Attacked by Iraq
>Oil wells BTFO
>Asked for help putting the fires out
>Became independent again
>>
Why is your flag is not a triangle but a trapezium?
>>
>>69179039
So you would agree when i say that ancient Phoenicians weren't arab in any sense of the word
>>
>>69179467
Phoenicians are like 1/7 Arab, some of them aren't Arab at all, but Arabs and Phoenicians are Aryan.
>>
>>69178816
Interesting, so you are a young nation only formed "recently" from all kinds of neighbooring peoples.
>tradition
What traditions/festivals/whatever are still practised and not directly rooted in quranic/biblical commands like the Īdu l-Aḍḥā?
>>
>>69179568
Rather roundabout m8. A simple yes or no would suffice
>>
>>69177683
How closely related are your parents?
>>
File: 1-25-640x450.jpg (167KB, 640x450px) Image search: [Google]
1-25-640x450.jpg
167KB, 640x450px
>>69179680
There are a plethora of traditions that stem from Abrahamic times, so I'm going to list the ones that are exclusively Kuwaiti.

The first tradition that comes to mind as the most recent, is the yearly festival of Kuwait's liberation from Iraq, which is every 28th of February.

Kuwait is also the only gulf country with a culture of Theatre, it began in the 1920's, and has since spread to Egypt, Saudi, etc. Theatre and poetry is still alive and well in Kuwait, as there are Poetry competitions held every year.

Kuwait has a unique style in Music, which can be linked back to the sea fairing/pearl diving days, the styles of music that are unique to Kuwait are Fijiri, Liwa, and Sawt, Sawt is heavily influenced by the blues, which is one of the more contemporary styles of music.

There are Dewaniyas, which are reception/recreational places that is linked to when Kuwait was founded, and in my opinion is where poetry and theatre was ratified in Kuwaiti culture, similar to spoken word plays in ancient Greece.

>>69179962
Yes.
>>
How to work in kuwait? I want some kuwaiti shekels.
>>
>>69177683
Are you rich
>>
>>69180262
My father is of Persian ancestry, and my mother is of Byzantinian ancestry.

Not at all I suppose.
>>
>>69178004

Easiest MENA country to get a loyal brown skinned qt?
>>
>>69180308
Are you exceptionally talented at something?

If you answered "no" you're out of luck.
>>
>>69177683
About the only thing I remember about Kuwait of note was those fuckhuge, sandy-yellow lizards running around with the spiky tails
>>
File: dfdfdf.jpg (174KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
dfdfdf.jpg
174KB, 500x375px
>>69180424
Oh these things?
>>
Do you hate Albanians?
>>
>>69180277
Ah, cool.
Can you post a musical example?
Also, aside from rap poetry sessions where the youth would go to are mostly dead since a long time here (eh, maybe not for hipsters but..), is it different in Kuwait?
>>
>>69180371
Wait a minute so you're not an Arab?
>>69179467
He's not an Arab nor is he a historian, so how would his opinion make much of a difference?
>>
>>69177683
Do general Kuwaitis hate Iraqis?
>>
>>69180416
;-;
>>
File: pileoflizards.jpg (66KB, 475x633px) Image search: [Google]
pileoflizards.jpg
66KB, 475x633px
>>69180485
You ate one?
>>
Who's your're waifu?
>>
>>69180567
Eww
>>
>>69180515
Because you are delusional
>>
>>69177683
Are Kuwaitis fat?
>>
>>69180515
Define Arab.

>>69180501
lol, by poetry I don't mean "rap", the younger generations of Kuwaiti's value their heritage and wouldn't devalue the tradition of poetry by "rapping"

Here is an example of Kuwaiti music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn-8v9n9Zu4
>>
>>69180604
Idiot. The proof is in the Old South Arabian & Phoenician alphabets.
We know that other Levantine Semites such as the Lakhmids and Ghassanids migrated north from Southern Arabia.
Phoenicians aren't an exception to this rule. Especially when you consider that the Phoenician and O.S.A alphabets are almost identical.
>>
>>69180666
Do you identify as one?
>>
>>69180567
Saudis have more of a tradition of eating those things.
>>
>>69180485
Yep, some of my more miscreant associates where trying to feed the buggers corn chips

>>69180567
No, I have eaten goanna and they taste fucking awful, like chicken drowned in fish oil
>>
>>69180596
Ey this was a serious question, I have no idea how they might taste so maybe the effort of getting so many of them pays out.
>>
>>69180705
I identify as Kuwaiti.
>>
File: yellow face.jpg (134KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
yellow face.jpg
134KB, 800x800px
>>69180736
>>69180567
>>
>>69180674
Phoenicians came up with the first alphabet as a shortcut to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphs. Any similarities is because they copied them
>>
>>69180767
>>69180736
>>69180567
Don't derail my thread
>>
الفرق بين مجبوس الدياي و هرمون الجروث؟
>>
>>69180666
You forgot these ones
>>69180545
>>69180654
>>
>>69180782
Loose theory. Only SOME think that was the case, and most of them, if you look at the sources, are from clueless Westerners.

Both the O.S.A and Phoenician alphabets came from Proto-Sinaitic which is in Egypt, for all intents & purposes. It's much more likely that the scripts developed naturally and derived from each other as opposed to being artificial.
>>
>>69180826
أسمائهم مختلفة

>>69180856
>>69180545
After the war there has been distrust, some of the Iraqi soldiers that have killed Kuwaitis are still roaming freely in Iraq, before the war there were open borders between Kuwait and Iraq, but not anymore.

Most Kuwaitis blame Saddam, but it's a bit un-easy, and it's a touchy subject.

>>69180654
It's weird, Kuwait is the middle eastern capital for body building, but obesity has been an issue, although it has calmed down in recent years. I would say the typical Kuwaiti isn't fat.
>>
>>69181033
The thing that pissed me off about Kuwait was that the royal family couldn't just forgive Saddam's debts for the time being. They had to cause a whole war and shit.
>>
>>69181033
I see.
What do you think of Jordanians?
>>
>>69177683
1. What is the meaning of life?
2. If a bear and a shark had a fight, who would win?
>>
Do you hate Israel?
>>
>>69181106
Bullshit, Saddam was in debt from the war in Iran, he owed everyone and their mothers money, he attacked Kuwait to steal oil to pay off his debt, he was a megalomaniac.

>>69181137
There are plenty of Jordanians in Kuwait, I have a couple of Jordanian friends too, they're good to have around.
>>
>>69181217
I don't hate Israeli people, but I can't say I support Zionism, or Israel's expansionism.
>>
>>69181260
Yeah well now we have to deal with Iran's bullshit for the next 25 years. In the long term, giving Saddam what he wanted would have helped.
>>
>>69181356
You're an idiot.
>>
>>69180914
Westerners were the ones to find and decipher those ruins. Muslims especially gulf arabs are known for destroying pre islamic things. The whole semites were the first civilization lie was debunked over a hundred years ago
>>
>>69181356
People like that and their regimes don't think like that matey.
Whole different mind set
>>
>>69177683
no
>>
>>69181555
>Muslims especially gulf arabs are known for destroying pre islamic things.

???
>>
>>69177683
How do Kuwaitis perceive black people?
>>
File: sargon.png (475KB, 570x375px) Image search: [Google]
sargon.png
475KB, 570x375px
>>69181555
While we dont know whit about what the sumerians with their isolated language were, the akkadians lived side by side with them and later overtook them, akkadians were semitic.
So while maybe not THE first, the afroasiatics were one of the first bigger ones to be established.
>>
File: Central Arabian Ruins.jpg (62KB, 554x415px) Image search: [Google]
Central Arabian Ruins.jpg
62KB, 554x415px
>>69181555
>Westerners were the ones to find and decipher those ruins.
No they weren't.
>Muslims especially gulf arabs are known for destroying pre islamic things.
We don't destroy them. We simply don't bother to touch them because many believe it's a bad omen to interfere with the dead. There are countless ruins in Saudi Arabia like pic related that are just left alone. Nevertheless, it is CLEAR that there has been a migratory pattern from South Arabia northward (see: Nabateans).
>The whole semites were the first civilization lie was debunked over a hundred years ago

Nobody knows exactly where the first civilizations were. You could say that the first was Sumer, but that's in Iraq, which isn't too far off from Semitic civilization to begin with. It's hard to classify these old civilizations because there's really nothing to compare them with. It should be noted, though, that the Akkadians and others were in fact Semites. Could they be their descendants? Who knows ;)
>>
File: ruins.jpg (138KB, 800x488px) Image search: [Google]
ruins.jpg
138KB, 800x488px
>>69181688
>>69181555
There are still ancient Greek ruins on Failaka Island (a Kuwaiti Island)

>>69181755
Well, the Arab slave trade was huge in gulf countries in the 19th and early 20th century, but for whatever reason Kuwait nationalized descendants of slaves in the 60's.

Also our blacks don't commit crime, so that's cool.
>>
Is Kuwait like one of those dystopian Arab countries I hear about like Iran where the government regulates/legislates morality? Or is it a more "democratic" laissez faire kind of deal? I saw you say that alcohol is basically illegal.
>>
>>69181941
Forget about that anon. He's just uninformed. Gets all his information from /pol/
>>
>>69181978
Iran is not Arab.
Look, if you want a completely liberal society, just stay out of that region.

If you want alcohol, go to Bahrain
>>
>>69181978
Come on, I know this is 4chan and everyone's retarded but you're making us look bad.

Please stop.
>>
>>69181688
Well, its true that the grave of one of muhammads wives got flattened because women prayed there, if theyd unearth idols I doubt they would be preserved.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sabria-jawhar/saudis-struggle-with-how_b_275217.html

(huffingtonpost is more of a leftie blog then a newspaper, but the author is saudi so I let this biased article pass for the cleric citation she brings forth)
>>
>>69181941
Do you call them Abeed ?
>>
>>69181978
Is Kuwait like one of those dystopian Arab countries I hear about like Iran where the government regulates/legislates morality?

No, Kuwait is a semi-islamic capitalist country, there are rules based on Islam, but those only apply to "family law" things like divorce, custody, etc which also vary on the sect of Islam.

Alcohol was made illegal in the 60's, it was legal prior, but no one bothered to change the laws because most Kuwait's view drug and alcohol use as degenerate.

Our judicial system is secular, unlike other gulf nations, we do not have sharia courts, our courts are modeled after French and Victorian, it's a mix of Egyptian civil law, British and French civil law, and Islamic family law.

Kuwait has the most secular judicial system in all of the middle east.
>>
>>69182292
we call them khawaal
>>
>>69182286
Those are SAUDI'S, the person I was talking to said
>>Muslims especially gulf arabs are known for destroying pre islamic things.

Which is false, gulf countries don't destroy anything of pre-islamic antiquity
>>
Do you suck dick for a bus pass and then walk home?
>>
File: Arab_Gulf_States_english.png (41KB, 1202x1156px) Image search: [Google]
Arab_Gulf_States_english.png
41KB, 1202x1156px
>>69182420
>gulf countries
While lumping you together with saudis is unfair, you fall under the category burgeranon mentioned as far as it seems.
Anyway, I looked for kuwaiti ruins and a lot of stuff seems to be buried in failaka which apparently gets now remodeled into some tourist paradise.
As Kuwait was uninhabitated for some time I guess there is not much place for wewuzzing and people are more future orientated when they think about their country?
>>
>>69181688
Maybe you don't hear about it but whabbis are known for it or blatantly covering it up
>>
>>69181867
The Sumerians weren't akkadians. And the sumerians weren't seimetic. And unless new ruins are discovered we know the first city in the world was at lataskh southern iraq.
>>
>>69177683
Which Gulf state, in your opinion, is the best (besides Kuwait)? Which is the worst?
>>
>>69183636
Oman > Bahrain > UAE > Qatar
>>
>>69183449
Maybe in mid-evil shit holes, not here.
>>
>>69183043
Kuwait has only officially existed as a sovereign nation since 1964, and with Kuwaitis as a group only existing since the 17th century, so it's an under statement to say that Kuwait is a "new" country.

There isn't any "wewuzzing" because Kuwaiti's came here as nomads, so the only way that could be possible is if people traced their ancestry back to older civilizations.

Kuwait, and Failaka island was inhabited for a long time by ancient civilizations, and most notably by Alexander the great, he went through Kuwait, and Bahrain, and if that interests you, check this website out:

http://www.kuwaitarchaeology.org/research.html
>>
>>69183532
>The Sumerians weren't akkadians
I never said they were. I said there's a possibility that they are descended from them or related to them in some way, which isn't an outrageously impossible conjecture if you know a thing or two about the Middle East.
>>
>>69184808
They aren't descendant from them. The akkadians and the Sumerians were two totally different people.
>>
I'm still here for any questions btw.
>>
>>69186835
Were you born in Kuwait?

Have you went to Irak? If not, why not?
>>
What do Kuwaitis think about the US saving your asses in Gulf 1?
>>
>>69187772
>Were you born in Kuwait?
Born and raised, yes.

Have you went to Irak? If not, why not?
I was born as soon as the war ended, and Iraq may never be safe again, I probably wont visit due to the danger.
>>
>>69187954
The US among other countries, we've payed back tribute respectively.
>>
What is your relationship with the other Gulf countries? Are there some you get along with better than others?
What is your relationship with Iran? I remember you catching some IRGC or somesuch like a year ago.
>>
You like morocco?
>>
>>69188234
>What is your relationship with the other Gulf countries
Pretty good, there haven't been any problems that I can think of

>What is your relationship with Iran?

Due to geopolitical reasons, gulf countries are allies with Saudi, Iran and Saudi don't like each other, as a result, we have to not like Iran either, petty bullshit.

>>69188240
Absolutely, I want to visit it again.
>>
>>69177683
did you ever notice the kuwait flag is actually a picture of a room where the 3rd wall is missing?
>>
>>69186717
You're entitled to your opinion.
>>
File: 14528443076660.jpg (84KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
14528443076660.jpg
84KB, 900x900px
>>69188755
Thanks, now I can't unsee it.
>>
>>69181356
No, he would have kept it and continued pushing the envelope. If he was reasonable he'd have ended the Iran-Iraq war sooner and fixed his nation's fucked up budget
>>
File: Syrian_Bedouin_Shepherd.jpg (3MB, 2592x3888px) Image search: [Google]
Syrian_Bedouin_Shepherd.jpg
3MB, 2592x3888px
>>69177683
How do say in Kuwaiti dialect
>I don't know
>Were you conscious at that time ?
>When did this happen ?
>Please wait here
>Winter is coming

>>69182308
>Kuwait has the most secular judicial system in all of the middle east.
I thought that was (pre-ISIS) Syria, then Morocco ? didn't check by myself, but I heard that quite often
>>
>>69189442
>I don't know
Madree
>Were you conscious at that time?
Kent guyium lemen (the thing) sar
>When did this happen?
Oo Hatha con meta
>Please wait here
Ta'all ihni low semahht
>Winter is coming
Al baa'r ya'ee

>I thought that was (pre-ISIS) Syria, then Morocco ? didn't check by myself, but I heard that quite often

I'm pretty sure that Syria hasn't had a stable judicial system for at least a hundred years, as for morocco, their system is based on their constitution, so it's up to you to decide if it's secular or not.
>>
Is there anything about Kuwait you don't like?
>>
>>69180758
>i identify as a fake country
kl 5ara ent, koon 3rabi or fuck off.
this is typical majoosi ajami bullshit, this guy is as kuwaiti as my dog is irish
>>
How many oil refineries do you own?

How many Ferraris and Lamborghinis do you own?
>>
File: pope-francis-012.jpg (61KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
pope-francis-012.jpg
61KB, 640x360px
>>69189875
Shukran m8
>Oo Hatha con meta
"con" or "can" ?

>>69190148
انتحر
>>
>>69190148
Hahaha, It's a good thing Majoosi's don't pronounce ambulance as "Ambaloos" or icecream as "33icecreeaam"

>>69190205
bout 6 fiddy
>>
>>69190302
con, but pronounced subtly
>>
b u m p
>>
>>69177683
Are you personally religious? If so how does it affect your perception of places like this website?
>>
Do you keep a dusty AK hidden somewhere in case of Iraqi?

Do you like Americans?

Have you tried alcohol?
>>
>>69192927
not religious, pretty agnostic

>>69193028
>Do you keep a dusty AK hidden somewhere in case of Iraqi?

No, guns are super illegal here

>Do you like Americans?
Yeah

Have you tried alcohol?
Never have, probably never will, I'm against drug use.
>>
>>69181212

Here paisano:

1. To fuck. [spoiler]I'm failing as a living being.[/spoiler]
2. Depending if the fight is underwater or in land.
>>
>>69194856
kek
>>
>>69177683
Why are you still posting?
>>
>>69198144
I don't have anything better to do.
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.