[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some traditional games from your country/region? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: pic79413.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pic79413.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
What are some traditional games from your country/region? I'm not talking about sports but more like hobby games/pub games or board games. Like how the British might play darts or the Chinese might play Go or Mahjong or whatever.

Pic related: It's called Crokinole and it's quite popular in the rural area where I live in Canada (Waterloo region and surrounding areas) due to a large Mennonite population
>>
League of Legends
>>
>>69161424
>Crokinole
Never heard of this
>>
competitive didgeridoo playing
>>
File: Monopoly.jpg (142KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
Monopoly.jpg
142KB, 620x620px
>>
>>69161477
Where in Canada are you from? If you're not from South western Ontario I wouldn't expect you to have heard of it.
>>
File: Mill_(game).jpg (532KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Mill_(game).jpg
532KB, 1280x960px
Aren't you going to explain the rules?

Here I can only think about imported games, such as Mill (pick related, called Trilha), chess, checkers, ludo and backgammon.
>>
>>69161822
To Crokinole?
Basically you try to flick to little pucks into the hole in the center or as close to the hole as possible. Those little pegs stand in the way. IIRC it was invented because "card games are sinful" but now it's mainly played by 20 something year old rural Ontarians while they're getting smashed
>>
File: futebol de tampinhas.png (57KB, 575x302px) Image search: [Google]
futebol de tampinhas.png
57KB, 575x302px
>>69161822
We also have marbles, card games, button football...

The only "original" game I can think of is this one (not sure if it is), which would be called "Cap Soccer".
The rules are you have three bottle caps and you must "kick" them one at a time, always passing between the other two, limiting your movement.
>>
>>69161873
So it's just a miniature version of Bocce/Curling?
Can I throw the pellet from anywhere in the board's border?
>>
>>69161938
The rules are pretty similar to those, yes.
>Can I throw the pellet from anywhere in the board's border?
No, not in the set of rules I used to play. But I think some people play differently. If you look at the board I posted there are four lines that divide the board. If you had four players each would be assigned a section of the board. Or if you had two players you could divide the board in half
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.