[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lang/ Language Learning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 12

File: 38.png (247KB, 701x735px) Image search: [Google]
38.png
247KB, 701x735px
>What language are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Find people to train your language with!

>Language learning resources:
http://4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_/int/_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

http://www.duolingo.com/
>Duolingo is a free language-learning platform that includes a language-learning website and app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam. Duolingo offers all its language courses free of charge.

>>>/t/746368
>Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30+ languages.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#
>Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages.

https://fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/oldfsi/index.html
>Drill based courses with text and audio.The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) is the United States federal government's primary training institution for employees of the U.S. foreign affairs community.These courses are all in public domain and free to download.Site may go down sometimes but you can search for fsi on google and easily find a mirror.

https://www.memrise.com/
>Free resource to learn vocabulary, nice flash cards.

https://lingvist.com/
>It's kinda like Clozemaster in the sense that you get a sentence and have to fill in the missing word, also has nice statistics about your progress, grammar tips and more information about a word (noun gender, verb aspects for Russian, etc.)

ankisrs.net/
>A flash card program

https://www.clozemaster.com/languages
>Clozemaster is language learning gamification through mass exposure to vocabulary in context.Can be a great supplementary tool, not recommended for absolute beginners.

https://tatoeba.org/eng/
>Tatoeba is a collection of sentences and translations with over 300 hundred languages to chose from.

Daily Japanese Thread >>69017173

Last Thread >>68950083
>>
Greek, Mandarin, French

I've recently been focusing on Greek with a bit of Mandarin practice.
>>
Merry Christmas /lang/ bros.

Get anything language-y for christmas?
>>
Any fellow slavs learned or are learning russian? How hard is it?
>>
Learning french rn, sometimes posting on /fr/ to find mistakes.
>>
>>69076352
>>69079176
What resources are you guys using for French?
>>
>>69079042
My mother got me Randy Harris's The Linguistics Wars, in dead-tree format, which is nice. I mean, I could've easily pirated the PDF scan of it, but the thought counts.

I don't think I actually want any more language books to be honest. I have a pile of like 8 textbooks for Mandarin Chinese to work through in 2017.
>>
>>69079806
I'm at an intermediate level so I'm mostly practicing with videos, articles, and language exchange applications, but I've used Assimil and Michel Thomas' French course..
>>
>>69081486
>language exchange applications,
such as... which ones?
>>
>>69071740
Learning Hebrew rn.
>>
Spanish. Mainly on Duolingo. Starting to watch movies with subs, though that's been rough so far.

>>69079106
I started the Duolingo course, but I haven't gotten past level 3 yet - I don't have enough time to focus on two languages. I can read cyrillic now, which is nice.
>>
>>69082118
I would recommend you to stick yourself to dubbed-kids movies (with subs of course) and/or documentaries, they have the most plain/clean spanish, otherwise you have the risk to pick up some random slang of spanish that only is going to confuse you as a beginner
>>
Actually learning portuguese. At first I had decided for russian and it was pretty interesting, but I dropped it because I felt that I could never find the opportunity to use it.

>>69082118
If you have any questions feel free to ask me.
>>
>>69082338
That's actually a good idea, thanks. Can you recommend any particular Spanish-language films? I know I can just go for dubbed American films, but I think it'd be cool to actually check out some stuff that was originally in Spanish.

>>69082377
Nice dubs. Same question as to Mexibro above: any film recommendations?

Also, out of curiosity, how much do Spanish accents differ between different countries? With English one can immediately tell apart if the speaker is from the US/England/Australia/etc. Are accents between Spain and the various Latin American countries just as distinct?
>>
>>69082782
Well, I'm not really into movies so I couldn't tell. I know some movies from here, but it would be hard for you as a begginer to understand the accent and lots of our expressions

And yes, every country is known for it's particular accent, but the thing is that almost all countries have different ones, for example, here in Argentina there are three main accents, rioplatense, cordobés and norteño.
(example of rioplatense compared with standard Spanish from Spain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu_trvRCkCw)
>>
>>69083323
>>69082782
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_dialects_and_varieties
>>
File: Castillian_dialects_in_spain.png (61KB, 788x500px) Image search: [Google]
Castillian_dialects_in_spain.png
61KB, 788x500px
>>69083361
>>
I speak Portuguese (my native language), English (obviously), Spanish, and French.

I've been learning German for some years now, but I don't know if I will ever feel confident about my German skills.
>>
>>69082782
well, here is the deal for me; I don't think accents are that big of a problem, but our idioms; sometimes we tend to use diferent words and expresions between countries to say the same, and sometimes we use the same words to express something completely diferent, but even there on the average we can understand eachother; but, as you can guess, that's only because we domain the language, we know eachother pretty well, and we comprehed at least a minimum of ethimologics. Therefor I keep to you my previous advice.

But in any case, here are some rankings for our cinematography:
>listas.20minutos.es/lista/las-mejores-peliculas-argentinas-383925/
>listas.20minutos.es/lista/las-100-mejores-peliculas-espanolas-de-la-historia-174550/
>listas.20minutos.es/lista/las-100-mejores-peliculas-mexicanas-370965/
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Age_of_Mexican_cinema

As far as I can tell, Spain, Mexico and Argentina are the ones with the biggest cinematographic history. By the way I included two pages for mexican cinema because the first list appears to be only modern mexican cinema; which in my opinion is mostly shit.

Another thing you should know is that hispanic cinema is mostly drama
>>
>>69081661
Hellotalk, but I might try Hellopal and Tandem, too.

I also use Interpals (site) but mostly for qts, since French women there are weeaboos who would rather talk to Asians.
>>
>>69084362
Awesome, ¡gracias!

>>69083323
I wasn't aware of the "sh" pronounciation of "ll"/"y" before. Interesting watch.
>>
/djt/ caused me to fall out of love with learning japanese, then I decided I don't like anime anymore. I still want to go there and chat with the josh co-say and not just the one in the group that knows ayy-go. What am I to do?
>>
1. Poland
2. Spen
3. A2
>>
>>69082782
Spanish accents vary a lot

I speak in a very heavy Castilian accent (I lived there for a year) and people here assume I'm from Spain.

Most distinct accent IMO is Argentine.
>>
I have watched 30 or so minutes from Romance of the three kingdoms and this mandarin thing is not going to work.
>>
>>69085647
Besides spaniards, accents are not that different, but idioms are as mexibro stated here >>69084362
>>
Learning Korean.
>>
File: conlang_flag.png (829KB, 585x362px) Image search: [Google]
conlang_flag.png
829KB, 585x362px
>>69071740
Is anyone here learning a constructed language? mi ca'o cilre la lojban.
>>
>>69086830
지금까지 어떻게 되가나?
>>
>>69087527
>>Is anyone here learning a constructed language?
>2016
>not making your own conlang

>mi ca'o cilre la lojban.
Is Lojban actually learnable? An anon once told me it had turned out to be unlearnable for him. He didn't elaborate on why, but I think he said something about things not being very much agreed upon or something.

I once tried to learn Lingua Franca Nova, a conlang inspired by Romance creoles, but the lack of documentation of what was grammatical in the language annoyed me. As one example, in all major Romance languages the relative pronoun ("that, who, which") is obligatory, but at an LFN forum I'd go to, you'd see English speakers skipping it over all the time as they'd do in English. And I never knew if that was supposed to be correct or what, because the grammar didn't say anything about it.
>>
>>69087527
Learning no but I speak Esperanto pretty well
>>
>>69087666
>Is Lojban actually learnable?
I know a few people who seem somewhat fluent in it, but I think of it mostly as a programming language: It's possible to use, but difficult to memorize and understand everything without a reference manual.

That's the same thing that turned me off of Volapuk. Apparently there is the original version by Johann Schleyer, and the reform by Arie De Jong. A lot of learning materials are either about the original or the reform, so it's hard to tell which version I am learning.
>>
>>69087735
Ankaŭ mi :3
>>
>>69087813
ho, saluton

ĉu vi festis zamtagon bone? mi jes, kun loka e-klubo
>>
>>69087859
Pli malpli. Mi ne celebris kun aliaj Esperantistoj, sed mi ĝuis la tagon. Ĉu vi estas la sama anonĉjo kiu afiŝis bildon de kuko ĉi tie?
>>
>>69088132
jes la sama

ŝajnas ke ni du estas la nuraj kiuj estas ĉi tie tre ofte. mi vidas fojfoje aliulojn sed ĝenerale ŝajnas esti vi kaj mi

nu...kiam vi eklernis?
>>
Why on Earth would you ever learn a fake language? It's not like there's even media or books in it. It's essentially just a bunch of retards using le ebin secrit lankwaje
>>
File: we just dont know.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
we just dont know.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>>69088420
>Why on Earth would anyone find things enjoyable that I don't find enjoyable?
>>
File: cumiko.png (242KB, 540x584px) Image search: [Google]
cumiko.png
242KB, 540x584px
Anons de habla española.
Demuéstrenme cómo usar al que y igual que.
¿Puedo usar tal como en vez ambas preposiciones y tengo que usar la a delante de un sujeto como un nombre o un pronombre cuando yo uso las dos? Por ejemplo,
Lo haré igual que a ella.
Y cómo uso la preposición igual de y ser así de?
>>69088420
Boredom and something to do.
>>
File: 1459914060604.png (14KB, 496x462px) Image search: [Google]
1459914060604.png
14KB, 496x462px
>>69088278
Bone. Mi samopinias. Ni du estas la plej oftaj usonaj Esperantistoj ĉi tie.

Kiam mi eklernis Esperanton? Mi teknike eklernis ĝin en 2012, sed ne serioze. En 2014 mi decidis ke mi vere volas lerni ĝin. Kio pri vi?

>>69088420
>implying secret languages aren't fun
Come on anon...
>>
>>69088583
antaŭ ~10 jaroj

mi ĉesis uzi ĝin dum iom da tempo sed dum la pasintaj 5 jaroj mi uzas ĝin preskaŭ ĉiutage, almenaŭ interrete

ĉu vi uzas telegramon?

esperantujo estas tre eta ujo do mi ne volas demandi tro pri vi sed mi scivolemas
>>
>>69088491
after some gizoolging, it looks like it "igual" can be used with que, como, etc and be placed before and after the subject. I don't know if whats attatched answers your question, but I hope it helps or at least holds you over until a native speak can answer
>>
>>69088678
it does a bit anon, but is funny because it is funny because in front of some noun example I saw a personal a and others I didnt thanks though. Ill just read through things and see how it goes.
>>
>>69088660
Mojose. Mi ja uzas Telegramon. Mi ne babilas en la ĉefa grupo ofte sed de tempo al tempo. Bedaŭrinde mi preferas ne diri mian uzantnomon ĉi tie.
>>
>>69088776
ah jes mi komprenas. mi ne uzas ĝin ofte sed mi estas scivolema ĉar ĝi ŝajnas esti tre populara/furora

eble mi ekuzos ĝin
>>
>>69088857
Mi ne tute certas pri la komenco de ĝia kreskiĝo, sed estas multege da anoj en la ĉefa grupo, do estas facile trovi iun kun kiu oni povas babili. Mi ĉefe ŝatas ĝin ĉar mi povas uzi ĝin poŝtelefone kaj ekzerciĝi en Esperanto preskaŭ ĉie.
>>
>>69086476
Tbf the Argentine has the weird ass ll/sh ronounciation
>>
File: 1465751086943.jpg (59KB, 994x617px) Image search: [Google]
1465751086943.jpg
59KB, 994x617px
>>69071740
>tfw been slacking hard on turkish.
>>
>>69089034
>tfw slacking hard
You'll fit right into turkish society m8
>>
>>69089060
T-Thanks Mustafa.
>>
how do i open Rosetta stone torrents?
>>
>>69089034

Why are you learning Turkish?

I played about with it on Duolingo for a bit and enjoyed it but for the life of me i cannot find a reason to learn it.
>>
>>69087666
>something about things not being very much agreed upon or something
Oh yes. Theoretically there's a single machine grammar that every speaker should follow, but with all the proposals to change it there's at least 2^18 subtly different grammars you could see texts in (and for comparison, there's been less than 2^20 unique sentences ever said in the language). And that's just the variation we have for formal grammars.

Everyone also has their own rules for converting parse trees to logical formulas, so a simple phrase like "lo gerku noi blabi cu citka", with only about four possible (and thankfully equivalent) parse trees, can expand to at least seven similar but different assertions.

In practice though, you pick up each speaker's preferences, which cuts down on the possibilities you have to consider so that you can reasonably guess which grammar and semantics someone's using after their first few sentences. Which is kind of what happens when speaking a natlang maybe?
>>
>>69085074
Is it voiceless?
Isn't a voiced [zh] for /ll/ and /y/ common in a lot of Latin America?
Even in the German dub of Scarface they call coke "zhezho"
>>
>He doesn't use 4chan as a learning tool
DEVANTURE
DU
MAGASIN
>>
Nunca voy a obtener una respuesta.
>>
>>69091630
Technically it should be pronounced like gl in Italian, but even many Spaniards from Spain pronounce it like a Y.

Yeísta scum must die.
>>
>>69092038
¿Cuál es tu pregunta? Pedid y se os dará (Mt 7:7)
>>
>>69092146
Mira >>69088491
Es de la gramática.
>>
>>69092355
Igual que y tal como no son de uso exactamente equivalente, retomando tu ejemplo:

>Lo haré igual que ella

(ojo: no lleva "a")

Podría reformularse de la siguiente manera:

>Lo haré tal como lo hace ella

En lo que respecta a "igual de" y "así de", ambos expresan grado y comparación, pero con así de el elemento de comparación suele omitirse (soy igual de listo que él, no se puede ser así de tonto [como algo a lo que se haya aludido con anterioridad])

Espero haberte ayudado
>>
>>69092722
Dios te bendiga. Me ayudaste mucho.
Gracias anón.
>>
>>69087625
그냥 그냥...

나 한국어 배운지 2년쯤 됐지만.. ㅎㅎㅎ 아직도 완전 어색해

이렇게 카톡이나 문자로 얘기하면 좀 편하게 할 수 있는데...실체로 참 못하는편이여....

실체로 얘기할때 듣기가 괜찮아 근데 어떻게 제대로 대답해야할지 잘 모르겠어..생각하는 시간이 많이 필요한가봐....

암튼... 그냥 못해...

올해는 대학교에서 한국어를 공부하기 시작하고 내년 8월정도 연세대에 교환학생으로 가려고....공부를 더 해야지 열심히 ㅋㅋㅋ
>>
>>69071740
Kurva anyátok úgysem tanulhatjátok meg a nyelvecskémet még ha gugliztok is köcsögök
>>
File: 1464567811915.png (144KB, 378x402px) Image search: [Google]
1464567811915.png
144KB, 378x402px
>>69076352
>>69079806
>Canadian
>Not going to a French Immersion school
>>
>tfw ruinned my 50 days streak on duolingo because I simply forgot about it
>>
>>69101015
I know that feel. One time I knew I wouldn't have time for duolingo, so I bought a streak freeze, and then the day after that I forgot about it and lost the streak anyways...
>>
learning Swedish and want to live in a cute small Swedish town in the north and go snowmobiling with a family I'd be raising

uguu
>>
Hace 6 años que estudio español. Siempre temo hablar con hispanohablantes porque yo sé que voy a hacer errores. Le molesta a alguien si un gringo trata de hablar peor español?
>>
>>69079806
Françaisfacile.com is an incredible source for learning the grammar
>>
>>69102308
You will never improve unless you start practicing your conversation skills as well. People usually are flattered to see a native English speaker trying to talk in their language.
You shouldn't be afraid of making mistakes, firstly because no one is perfect and secondly because foreigners make silly mistakes, that's part of the charm too. I'm quite sure people make small mistakes all the time in English, do you bully those people? Same thing
Unless you're extremely bad at it (and by that I mean being incomprehensible) which is unlikely with 6 years of study,people won't pick you up for trying.
>>
>>69102308
Se tens vergonha de falar cara-a-cara com um nativo, tente usar alguns serviços na internet para tal, como o TS3.
Quando você menos esperar, toda essa vergonha que você tem terá sumido.
I hope you understood that.
>>
>>69102811
>People usually are flattered to see a native English speaker trying to talk in their language.
I heard somewhere that Mexicans hate when Americans try to speak Spanish. Dunno if that's true, though.
>>
Can anyone recommend YouTube channels in Spanish? Not Spanish-learning channels, just stuff that Spanish and Latino kids watch these days.
>>
>>69088678
Spaniard here, you can use "igual que" (same as) but not "igual como". Also, "Lo haré igual que a ella" doesn't make much sense to me, remove that "a".
>>
>>69088491
I don't understad the question, sorry.
>>
>>69103062
Entendí la mayoría de lo que dijiste. Portugués es facíl de leer, pero no puedo entender alguien hablando portugués.
>>
>>69103687
Not him, but the main difference between Spanish and Portuguese is phonology. So if you want, I can record some minimal pairs for you, so you can train to tell them apart:

>vela, bela [B vs. V]
>tenta, teta [nasal vowel]
>casa, caça, caixa, cajado [the middle consonant sounds different for all four]
>pé, pê, avó, avô (open vs. closed vowels)
>rato, jato (some Portuguese dialects use for "strong R" a sound similar to Spanish J)
>tia, chia (CH=X=English SH; TI is pronounced in some dialects as Spanish CHI)

If you can tell those apart, you should have no problem with spoken Portuguese.
>>
>>69071740

Why is Mt. Fluency behind him? Does he have to stop holding conversations in order to become fluent? Sounds really weird.
>>
>>69105974
its not a platformer
>>
File: 1482730599638.jpg (60KB, 720x834px) Image search: [Google]
1482730599638.jpg
60KB, 720x834px
>tfw to intelligent too learn a second language
>>
Tried Rosetta Stone for the first time.

This whole immersion thing is pretty good.
>>
>>69103551
it is okay somebody already answer it.
>>
I'm going to be honest and say I don't like Romance languages.
>>
>>69105974
Well it's kinda true that most of what people do to be "conversational" is kinda a waste of time if you want fluency. If you go for fluency you gotta learn tons of vocab and watch tons of tv, and when you do that you'll pretty much automatically be better at conversation that most people who set their goals at being "conversational"
>>
File: Lev_Trotsky.jpg (449KB, 867x1361px) Image search: [Google]
Lev_Trotsky.jpg
449KB, 867x1361px
>>69079042
hell yeah
>got a Russian grammar book and pictured dictionary
>been hammering away at this language hard core
>going into the military so thought it'd be able to help
>plus I've got a test to become an interpreter soon so I'm hoping it helps
>Made the Cyrillic alphabet my bitch
>all this language has gotten me so far is fucking irl memelords yelling "Cyka Blyat" at me and making CSGO references
>Old people make Commie jokes to me
>Dirty middle class white liberals fawn over it all
>I now understand why the Russians are so pissed all of the time
>It makes me wanna go to war with these fuckers too
>>
>>69112774
I don't know how it is in the US, but here military interpreter tests are very unforgiving, even some native speakers don't pass.
>>
can anyone help me stay motivated to learn a language?
i was learning russian and turkish on duolingo but i lost motivation after 2 weeks
>>
>>69112997
Don't rush it.
Learning a language is a very long process.
Set a 10/20XP goal on Duo, and just do a couple units everyady.
>>
>>69112952
well first we take a basic test before even going into language courses. It's just nonsense words with random rules that snowball into whole sentience's to test your ability to pick up on language rules. Then tests on pattern understanding ability. After having your brain fucked nine ways to Texas they grab you and put you in the schooling after boot camp. Then they give you a language and your hear it non stop with testing and all that surrounded by native speakers for about a year. They choose the language you get based on your score of the initial test and based on what the military needs, needs come first though. So some jackass who barely passed could get Korean while a guy who got a perfect score gets stuck with spanish.
>>
>>69113241
Alright, so they teach you a specific language from basically nothing
>>
>>69113384
yep, it's a really long process to make sure you do good but based on how much time and money they put into training they wanna make sure the people going in can pass
>>
Anyone here learning any dead / classical languages?
>>
>>69112997

As someone who also has trouble staying motivated i second Pierres advice. Doing something every day, even if it's just 10xp on Duolingo, don't break the cycle for any reason and then routine and habit will carry you through periods of low motivation.

Languages take too long to learn to rely on motivation, so you have to form a habit.
>>
>>69109161
enjoy your higher chances of alzheimers and your shit memory skills
>>
Why is my brain such a scumbag? I was set on Russian as my new year's resolution language but earlier I was messing around on Google earth and ended up in China and near instantly my brain went "dude look how mysterious and cool that language looks, we should learn that instead" Now I'm indecisive.... again
>>
>>69116230
心屁之味, 令汝自智
>>
>>69087527
Can somebody please tell me the best way to learn esperanto? should I do the english duolingo course?
>>
Any hunganons around here?
I might be moving there come new year for a job offer, and I'd like to know how feasible/useful learning hungarian would be, considering my job would only require english.
>>
Solamente estoy publicando un recordatorio para que recuerden leer, escribir y estudiar la lengua en la que están aprendiendo por lo menos una hora.
>>69120918
just do the duolingo english to start. they dont have spanish one?
>>
>>69071740
Learn Brazilian Portuguese
>>
>>69121098
There is a beta, however, I would like to take the full course.
Dankon, Anon
>>
>>69120918
I would recommend Lernu. Although I haven't tried any of their courses after the update, they still have many good resources. I've also heard Memrise and Anki are good for learning Esperanto.
>>
>>69120918
Just Lernu or Duolingo for the basics, doesn't matter much because its pretty simple; after that start chatting with people. Most activity is on rebbit, facebook, and telegram but there is also a (slow) esperanto imageboard and an IRC, and theres some skype and discord groups too for voice chat

ĝuu
>>
Anyone here from been to or going to DLI?
I'm currently taking the Farsi course there.
>>
>>69113241
Navy? You type like an Air Force autist
>>
>>69105671
Please vocaroo that
>>
>>69121173
Ne dankinde ;)
>>
>>69097948
why korean
>>
>>69122281
ye. doing it for french. seems like some GOOD SHIT
>>
>>69122281
by >>69124332 i mean the online DLI
>>
>>69124345
>>69124332
>>69122281
What is DLI?
>>
>>69102308
¡Claro que no! Mientras sea entendible es más que suficiente, no te presiones mucho, nadie es perfecto.

>>69103151
Nope, thats a total lie, we love to see any other people to speak Spanish, unless when they're doing in a harmful way of course.
>>
Learning Japanese is suffering, do not do it.
>>
>>69102308
No. Ellos querrán ayudarte igual que me han ayudado cuando yo quería aprender a hablarlo. Sólo puedes aprender a hablarlo si tienes muchos errores y te ayuda a corregirlos alguien.
>>69124850
Japanese is on my list. Everyone has to have a hard language in their list of languages.
>>
>>69124863
Okay, but don't expect to achieve real fluency ever. Even less so if you have a list. Japanese needs you to go "monogamous" for like a decade or so. About two decades if you want to be an interpreter.
>>
>>69124253
Had a Korean mate who introduced me to Korean culture n shit, had always found languages fascinating and was always into learning languages as a kid but never found a reason to learn a language or anything that could keep me going. Did Japanese in year 8 but I had no interest in Japan ever and Japanese food is weird...also the language is way too difficult. Too many alphabets and shit

Koreans just for the most part easier than Japanese and Chinese and I think Korea is more interesting.
>>
>Catalan sounds more like Spanish-Portuguese mix than Spanish-French
made me think
>>
>>69124929
meh, no rush. Not like Ill ever use it anyway. Just a language to try to see if it is really hard.
>>
>>69071740
Can I learn Russian too in Duolingo? I only see English and French when I open the website. Maybe I'm still too tired.
>>
>>69125818
Yes.
>>
>>69112997
You have to be really, really interested in whatever the country of the language you are learning is I reckon.

If you eventually want to become fluent or native level, you kind of have to become one of the people in a way - and that means fully taking in and embracing their culture. A lot of the culture is reflected in the language and vice versa.

That means go out, talk to Russians and Turks, read about their history, current events, try see if you can force yourself to like their music, their entertainment and what is popular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teVWtrvU54U

I recommend anyone who is serious about learning any language to watch the video I linked. While he mainly refers to Korean - it can apply in all language learning.
Just start from 5:34 if you want the main point of the video.
>>
>>69128592
>>
Tá Gaeilge aon duine agat?
>>
Should I learn Spanish or French?

I initially wanted to learn Spanish cause it's easy but I noticed it isn't as widespread as I thought so it might be not very useful.

French doesn't seem to widespread either but I live around 50km away from France so it's not like I had no chance to use it.
>>
>>69130404
>>69130404
Really doubt you will have a chance to ever speak both, so just pick whichever you like more.
>>
>>69102358
Not him, but thanks for that. Looks awesome.
>>
>>69130404
Spen
>>
>>69124850
だって、Mならば?
>>
>how to plural in Spanish
>add an "s"
>how to plural in Italian
>add an "i"
>how to plural in German
>add an "n"
>how to plural in Chinese
>????????????????
>>
アニメのおかげで私日本語が得意ですよ
私の夢は医者になって日本に行くことです
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.