[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

COUNTRIES AND ALCOHOL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_20161224-134309.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161224-134309.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
So which country invented vodka? Poles or Russians? I bought Polish vodka today, I've never drank anything more than 8% beer and this is 40%

How do different countries drink their alcohol? Do you add things?

I'm kinda interested before I destroy myself
>>
It depends on the drink.
I drink whiskey straight but I add mixer to Vodka.
Remember that vodka doesn't hit straight away, but when it does it hits hard.
>>
>>69030455
I'm gonna be at my grandmas in front of family too key. Would orange juice work?
>>
>>69030358
Poland is historically part of Russia and Germany
>>
File: Mayahuel goddess.jpg (219KB, 705x905px) Image search: [Google]
Mayahuel goddess.jpg
219KB, 705x905px
>>69030358
>His country does not have it's own unique liqueurs
Pictured, we even have a goddess of pulque, it non meme comes out of her tits
>>
>>69030477
Yeah, that's a popular mixer, it will dampen but not remove the taste. Beware though, if you use a mixer you like too often it will be ruined for you. I can't drink certain soda because all I taste is vodka.
>>
>>69030657
Literally Succ titties
>>
File: e1100.jpg (242KB, 1203x884px) Image search: [Google]
e1100.jpg
242KB, 1203x884px
Poles did it.

>>69030516
Except vodka was invented roughly at 1100, maybe earlier; Germany and Russia didn't exist at the time, but Poland did.
>>
>>69030992
Vodka was originally just spiritus vini, that's "wine spirits, and more like South American pisco as in it was literally made from grape.

It basically is alcohol as pure as you can get it, diluted with water, that's the reason it can be made out of anything, like say fucking potatoes. I'm not knocking it, I'm a big fan of vodka myself, but you can't narrow something that was just trying to get the best alcohol out of whatever you had at hand to a single culture/tradition. A good qualitty sugar cane aguardiente you shouln't be able to technically tell apart from vodka no matter how Slavic you are, the point to all the filtering in premium vodkas is to get rid of anything that isn't alcohol.
>>
>>69030657
The only other time I've heard of that was its being referred to as some sort of disgusting shit for street trash
>>
>>69031381
About getting rid of anything that isn't alcohol: kinda. This holds true for sugar cane vs. wheat, but for grape/pomace ones the source still makes a difference (some aromatics are distilled with alcohol).

Regarding origin: it sounds a bit weird to me to be honest - would people really waste good wine with that? Had they begun with pomace (graspa-like) or stale bread (like a "distilled kvas") I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>69032615
A lot of heavier and lighter alcohols and esters can and will be distilled. The reason why vodkas are distilled and filtered several times is to cut the heads (compounds that boil at lower temps than ethanol like acetone and methanol) and tails (compounds boiling at higher temps like propanol, water, and some lighter carbohydrates and proteins). Compounds like ethyl ethanoate that boil within a few degrees of ethanol will generally survive a trip or two. They're not overly toxic, and can actually help out the flavour of unaged/white brandies and whiskies in trace amounts, if only as an identifier.

With enough of everything else removed, it all tastes like vodka/ethanol.
>>
Get some Berliner Luft and down the entire Bottle in a circle.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (49KB, 171x307px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
49KB, 171x307px
>>69030358
This is my favourite brand of Vodka
>>
we just drink beer
>>
>>69031381

>Vodka was originally just spiritus vini, that's "wine spirits, and more like South American pisco

Thats a lot of things packed into a single sentence with too little context. Resulting in no information being actually shared.

Vodka goes back to Eastern Europe, where the distillation process was first practiced to the effect of yielding the product. It wen on from there.

Many vodkas do have intended tastes, either by allowing rye impurities or like with żubrówka, adding herbs or other shti to it to spiritus is inane. If that was the case people would buy 98% spiritus and dilute with water at home.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR_37f6hHTE
>>
>>69040668

*reducing it to spiritus
>>
File: Pulque.jpg (17KB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
Pulque.jpg
17KB, 400x285px
>>69031524
It's cheap as fuck today and something of an acquired taste, but it was sacred for the Aztecs, this is where tequila and mezcal come from
>>
>>69040668
Flavored vodkas are a different animal altogether tho I'll grant some quality vodkas do look to retain some quality from the original source.

Having said that there's a difference in between something like a quality artisanal gin and your average flavored vodka (eg Absolut) which tastes more like it had perfume added. Leaving aside the exceptional vodkas with character the purer the vodka the better it is.

>people would buy 98% spiritus and dilute with water at home.
You rarely see anything stronger than 80-100 proof in the international market for a good reason, it's far too easy to quickly drink more alcohol than you can actually process that way, I've seen people drink themselves into alcoholic intoxication on pretty tame stuff.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.