[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best way to go about learning a new language?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: russiabye.jpg (529KB, 1920x860px) Image search: [Google]
russiabye.jpg
529KB, 1920x860px
What is the best way to go about learning a new language?
>>
>>69029993
Duolingo.com
>>
>>69029993
where is the blood?
>>
good motivation
>>
>>69030198

People don't bleed when they're dead, monkey.
>>
>>69029993
Moving to an area that speaks it and forced apprehension.
>>
>>69030198
Was censored by the indonesian goverment
>>
I'd like to learn Spanish so that someday I can live in Brazil. Any tips?
>>
>>69030498
but we dont speak spanish
>>
>>69030198
>he bleeds when he's injured
heh
>>
>>69030498
>>69030538
Jajajajajjajajaja
>>
idk but i want to learn finnish!
>>
>>69031491
>finnish
probably the most useless european language. even finns themselves use english in their everyday life
>>
>>69031682
>says Netherlands
+ it's not that useless, i want to learn it because:
1. it's hard
2. i like northern countries like norway/sweden/finland/iceland, but norsk seems easy so want to learn something harder
>>
>>69031491
You don't need speak finnish to go Finland, except if you will live in a Village in the Middle of nowhere
>>
>>69029993
Is this a Reservoir Dogs remake or what?
>>
>>69030198
probably shot in the heart. Blood stopped pumping immediately.. he died basically instantly too judging from the video, which happens when your heart stops.

So, the only blood to come out of his body was a bit of blood pressure and gravity because his heart wasn't pumping it out.
>>
>>69030198
He's Russian.
>>
>>69032433
No some Turk sperged out and killed the russian ambassador to turkey a few days ago.

It's a real picture.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (266KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
266KB, 800x1200px
Daily reminder that if you know english already, there's no good reason to learn another language.
>>
>>69029993
using it
>>
>>69031682
fuck you swampnigger

>>69031855
fuck you nigger
>>
>>69029993
Learn just a handful of phrases so you can string them together infinitely http://naughtynomad.com/2016/11/11/the-2-hour-foreign-language-survival-guide-how-to-get-by-in-a-foreign-country-with-just-30-words/

Then you live there and speak it F/T enough that you just pick up that language naturally like a kid does
>>
>>69031855
i thought finland itself is a village in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>69029993
Living in a country with multiple official languages.
>>
File: Easy.jpg (59KB, 736x576px) Image search: [Google]
Easy.jpg
59KB, 736x576px
>>69040037
>learn like this
>start getting confused over basic shit
>don't know why ils sont is used in some phrases and why ce sont is used in others
>don't know why some adjectives come before a word and why some go after a word
>and a hundred other dependencies
>can't point out the difference between and object and subject but I can spout 1000 arbitrarily memorized sentences
>can't write or speak anything in the language because I'm not sure when to use what specific words, and I constantly misinterpret things others are saying, always afraid I'm doing it wrong because I have no idea what the right way is
>basically like a retarded caveman trying to make sense of everything
>only very recently start sitting down and tackling textbooks
>realize all the guides are wrong and grammar isn't hard
>realize I'm a dumbass for ignoring textbooks that just straight up tell you how shit works so you're not left guessing yourself
>realize grammar has a lot of rules you can apply to other things like how many different tenses are just taking two simpler tenses and putting them together like lego blocks
>digging myself out of a roadblock I've been stuck in for months and finally seeing progress again after hitting the wall
I sincerely recommend people don't shy away from bookwork, it's tedious but it helps so much and it's not as hard as it first seems. When you get done with a concept and look back you'll feel dumb for thinking it was hard at first. You CAN communicate with people as a caveman, but it's painful and stressful and a big confusing mess.
>>
>>69029993
Pick a language for the right reason. I've tried and given up on learning languages for various "practical" reasons and am now just learning Chinese with absolutely no plans or intention other than to have fun. I've consistently stayed on it for over a year now.

I like apps on my phone because it gives me something to do with idle moments. Fluentu is awesome for working on listening skills if they have your language. I've tried learning without a textbook but it's really best to use a textbook. I suggest you find an eTextbook and a flashcard app that lets you make custom lists or even better already has your book's chapter vocab built in.

And basically you just have to stick with it. Drilling vocab is a little boring, but apps like Fluentu give you a chance to use what you've learned. Use apps like Meetup to find groups to talk to people that way too.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.