[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the Mongol Empire so powerful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: flat,800x800,075,f.u5.jpg (87KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u5.jpg
87KB, 800x800px
Why was the Mongol Empire so powerful?
>>
>>68926470
Willingness to kill.

t. QI
>>
nomad and horse mounted culture

their horse mounted warriors almost needed no logistics with grains so they could appear anytime anywhere

it was like supersonic intercontinental bombers in that age
>>
>>68926470
Written laws and huge enforcement.
Every single time someone break the law, no matter how it'd be capital punishment.
>>
The power of ES energy drinks
>>
Very mobile and ruthless warriors. In the same time they were quite shred and didn't make same mistakes twice
>>
>>68926470
Horses.
>>
>>68926470

because no one had an answer for centuries to horse archers, I think gunpowder finally made them no longer be a threat.
>>
File: 1481854915979.png (228KB, 615x727px) Image search: [Google]
1481854915979.png
228KB, 615x727px
Very fast to adapt and horsenomad type of warfare was effective against the unprepared russian princedoms. Of course it just dissipated to what most huge empires do, lack of proper administration for the shear size of it. Also they were no match for Hungarians and were pretty much btfo'd by heavy cavalry.
>>
>>68926890
Also large infighting and the western golden horde and Timur hordes converting to sunni instead of keeping tengri faith.
>>
>>68926890
They didn't just fall over due to being too big. It was a gradual decentralization as the central authority of the Great Khan was eroded with each passing of the title. First it was the Il Khanate, and the Golden Horde in the west, and soon even Central Asia slipped out of their influence.
Also they did have heavy Cavalry. It was one of the things that set them apart from other nomadic groups.

Also it was the Hungarians who got BTFO'd, and driven into Croatia. It was only because the Great Khan died out east that the Mongol armies turned back.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.