[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How popular is recreational (personal, non-commercial) fishing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1618[1].jpg (156KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1618[1].jpg
156KB, 1067x1600px
How popular is recreational (personal, non-commercial) fishing in your area? How often do you fish, and do you eat what you catch?

>Northwestern US
>Fairly popular
>Yes, always
>>
File: karas.jpg (135KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
karas.jpg
135KB, 500x375px
it's more popular among elder guys. Young people usually just set up fishing poles and stuff and then drink alcoholic beverages and don't fish at all. You can catch small fish like perches or that thing on pic, and yes, it's perfectly edible. Anyway, freshwater fishing is not very fun, so I do it once or twice a year. I was in Miami and had only piece of rope with a hook, caught some shripms with hands and caught fuckload of different fish, even a small shark. In Russia you can sit near pond whole day and catch nothing, so drink and have barbeque is better option.
>>
Pretty popular
I live in countryside Sao Paulo in a small town, everybody fishes
If it´s a fish that´s good I´ll eat it, otherwise I just release the poor fella
>>
>>68891377
very common in all of finland

when I was a kid I just fished for the sake of it and threw the fish back
>>
File: winter2[1].jpg (176KB, 1665x930px) Image search: [Google]
winter2[1].jpg
176KB, 1665x930px
>>68891706
Do you go ice-fishing in the winter?
>>
File: 1454892296370.png (62KB, 461x403px) Image search: [Google]
1454892296370.png
62KB, 461x403px
>>68892033
Ice fishing is fun. You can get drunk and it's generally hard to drown if you pass out. You will freeze to death though
>>
File: caught-fish-fjord-norway-1400[1].jpg (253KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
caught-fish-fjord-norway-1400[1].jpg
253KB, 1400x788px
Western Norway reporting in.
Pretty popular here. Many of us have cabins close to the sea so fishing is quite common.

We also put out crab and lobster pots.

And we eat it of course.
>>
>>68892100
Do you take a portable radio/TV or any other such device with you, or do you just try to get away from modern technology?
>>
File: Oregon crayfish.jpg (283KB, 984x1460px) Image search: [Google]
Oregon crayfish.jpg
283KB, 984x1460px
>>68892249
I guess crabs are popular in Oregon, but it takes more effort, since you need a license and usually a boat.

I usually just catch the lazy man's crab (the crayfish) for free from the river. It's much easier and faster. They will literally swim into your hands, and you can grab them and put them in a bucket with some river water, and they stay fresh until you cook them.
>>
File: Tilbered-deilig-krabbe_large[1].jpg (81KB, 618x355px) Image search: [Google]
Tilbered-deilig-krabbe_large[1].jpg
81KB, 618x355px
>>68892345
Nice
Never had crayfish. Is it similar to lobster and crab?

Catching lobster is only allowed from October-December. Crab is allowed all year long. There are some rules regarding the pots themselves though.
>>
>>68891377
glorious moscow
not that popular nowadays
it would be dangerous
>>
>>68892569
It's like a very small lobster, but not quite as delicate. The flesh is a bit more like a shrimp. The taste is quite good, though. But it takes more effort to eat them, because the amount of meat in each one is rather small.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.