[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do /int/ hate monarchy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: Royal_CoA_of_Norway.svg.png (626KB, 954x991px) Image search: [Google]
Royal_CoA_of_Norway.svg.png
626KB, 954x991px
Why do /int/ hate monarchy?
>>
I don't hate it at all as long as I am the King.
>>
But I don't
>>
File: 1481591209963.jpg (24KB, 220x314px) Image search: [Google]
1481591209963.jpg
24KB, 220x314px
Nothing against it, so long as it's absolute
>>
File: k55H3ja.jpg (1023KB, 3867x2761px) Image search: [Google]
k55H3ja.jpg
1023KB, 3867x2761px
Notice a pattern?
>>
'Mericans don't really understand it.
To degree they don't understand it, is boggling. As is their straws about it, and the language when talking about aristocracy.

BR's do to some degree understand it, if they have read history.
>>
>>68753738
t. Emanuele Filiberto
>>
>>68756518
I don't see it.
>>
>>68756638
ok not a pattern I guess. I mean a correlation, between the countries that are monarchies, and the countries that are the best.
>>
had the spanish king in our country recently
everybody fucking hated him
fuck the spanish, man
>>
>>68751530
Because is obsolete. Are you being serious? Monarchies these days are just a waste of your taxes. Absolutely useless.
>>
>>68756987
I like how castilianized is his Portuguese.

>>68756785
But in reality they are just "figurines" without any real power, except for Hans-Adam.
>>
No Gods, No Masters
>>
>>68751530
I like that your king and prince have very Nordic names, unlike the other scandi royals
>>
>>68756785
That's rather the opposite.
Pretty much all the country in the world have monarchy but the few that don't are far better off than the average.
>>
>>68757331
Just a fucking shame South America exist.
And Africa is now Post Colonial, so even less monarchy.

Your argument was basically "true" until somewhere in the 1880s.
>>
File: images.jpg (30KB, 465x316px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
30KB, 465x316px
>>68757381
Don't forget the emperor
>>
>>68756518
really made me think
>>
>>68757452
Its no crime
To be fashionable
>>
>>68757306
It's true. And looking at the heirs and their children, it'll probably stay that way for at least two generations.
>>
>>68756518
I wonder how Andorrans feel knowing that their monarch is elected by foreigners?
>>
>>68756518
>ywn live in a republic
it's a bloody good feel lads
>>
>>68757569
>Tourism, the mainstay of Andorra's tiny, well-to-do economy, accounts for roughly 80% of GDP
Fucks given: 0
>>
>>68757560
Haakon is a really cool name, I like it.
Olav, Björn, those are cool names.

>>68757569
President of France doesn't rule Monaco or Andorra that much, it's the other guy and their governments. But I think if the line of princes pf Monaco is broken they get annexed.
>>
>>68757569
Their role is purely ceremonial.
>>
>>68757829
I liked Juan Carlos, he did some nice stuff.
Like that time he told Hugo Chavez to shut up.
>>
>>68751530
it doesnt?
>>
>>68756572
If I was given the power to change my country as it is, I'd probably prefer if laws were passed by the principle of direct democracy. I'd get rid of the president too. It is important to have some kind of an army chief though, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>68756483
excellent post
>>
>>68758194
That sounds like a great recipe for a military coup.
>>
File: direct democracy pepe.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
direct democracy pepe.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>68758261
We already have an army chief though (the president). I'm just saying it'd be nicer if countries were under a simple democratic rule rather than governed by few folks living off of our taxes, wouldn't it?
>>
>>68751530
I have absolutely no issue with Monarchy.
>>
>>68758467
Actual proper democracy is one of the worst systems imaginable. Virtually every "democratic" country have some for of republic/democracy mix going.
>>
What I like about our monarchy is that the King kinda unites the people in a way that some elected faggot won't. Just look to a two-party country like US, where half of the country fucking hates the president.

You could have a debate on the succession of the throne, if children should inherit the title or someone new should be crowned.

I think Poland had this "elected" king back in the days, even though the polish elite elected a foreigner as king and not one of their own because that didn't send the land into civil war.
>>
>>68756518
Everyone in that pic are relatives except for the Co-Princes of Andorra.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.