[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hmmmmm really made me think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: age old.jpg (40KB, 480x387px) Image search: [Google]
age old.jpg
40KB, 480x387px
Hmmmmm really made me think
>>
>>68592972
kek
>>
>>68592972
>"DUDE I POSTED IT AGAIN LMAO"
>>
everyone knows climate change is real
>>
Really triggered my neurons.
>>
>>68593025
You really underestimate people's stupidity.
>>
>>68592972
I wonder what kind of constructive posting and ground breaking knowledge we'll gain this time...
>>
>be 15th centurion
>still believe the earth is flat

I agree with your message, but the propaganda sucks.
>>
>>68593326
15th century is the 1400's, of course the immense majority of people think the earth is flat.
>>
>>68593080
there was a lot of wildly exaggerated alarmism regarding the subject

it doesn't help that this was turned into a political issue and that current policies to solve the problem are ineffectual

carbon taxes, for instance, tend to not produce the desired consequences, because prices for national goods go up and companies just end up importing products from countries with lax regulations that make them for cheap and with far more emissions
>>
File: 20070730.gif (39KB, 291x341px)
20070730.gif
39KB, 291x341px
>>68593025
>>
>>68593405
that is to say, carbon taxes don't work without tariffs, but liberals hate tariffs because of muh free trade

if you're serious about carbon emissions, drop a 30% import tax on goods from china
>>
>>68593404
No, it's a myth from the 19th century. If someone was educated in the 15th century, they would've know about Aristotle. If they're not educated, then they would've listened to the church.
>>
>>68593405
This could be easily fixed by imposing tariffs and embargoes against countries with non-compliant regulations.

Obviously it would also reveal how much consumerism actually costs and how much common person has to sacrifice to meet goals of those regulations so nobody will do that.

Worst part is that even if you were to believe that carbon is not the problem or reducing it won't have meaningful effect on harmful climate development, alternative ways of dealing with climate change - i.e. even those that don't see it as anthropogenic - would also cost large amounts of money nobody is willing to spend on, for instance on rugged infrastructure.
>>
>>68593797
Doesnt matter the point stand since it's a guy contesting the evidences of a non flat earth
>>
>>68593832
>This could be easily fixed by imposing tariffs and embargoes against countries with non-compliant regulations
yeah, but free trade is sacrosanct to the modern political class, so this never actually goes anywhere

for this reason, i see trump getting elected as a good thing, because even if he doesn't believe in climate change himself, his proposed policies on trade will have far more of a positive effect on the environment than the weak half-measures the left likes to take

but there's no real long-term solution to the problem other than global depopulation and the end of an economy based on massive levels of useless consumption (ie industrial capitalism)
>>
File: vogelverschrikker.jpg (21KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
vogelverschrikker.jpg
21KB, 320x240px
>>68594087
>>
>People didn't believe in gravity
People believed very well in gravity, what people didn't know about was that the same laws that bind us to earth decide how the moon orbit around the earth and the earth orbit around the sun.
>>
>>68594087
flat earth is not the same as geo-/heliocentrism
>>
>>68593572
>implying it wasn't God's plan all along

Fucking hell I believe in a God but religious people can be fucking stupid and so narrow minded even in theology.
>>
You can see it by looking at glaciers
>>
File: iJPcw.jpg (65KB, 853x448px) Image search: [Google]
iJPcw.jpg
65KB, 853x448px
>>68595144
How is that proof of a round earth?
>>
>>68592972
What's worse is that people of this century have the horrible ability to amplify their stupidity and are actually lead to believe in said bullshit because now people can click on a 'like' button.
>>
>>68593797
>If someone was educated in the 15th century
>educated
>15th

Printing wasn't even up and runing in Europe before the 16th century, only a ridiculous tiny minority had access to education in the 15th century.
>>
>>68594695
right, that's most likely what the cartoonist had in mind due to the raging early modern debates. that being said, as we know, flat earthism has continued to exist up to today

I recommend "Flat Earth: The History of an Infamous Idea" by Christine Garwood for anyone interested
>>
>>68595374
Guess who was part of that minority. The church. No one contested that the earth was round until the 19th century.

Makes me think you are defending a cartoonist purely on the fact that you liked his message.
>>
No one ever thought the earth was flat, especially not in the 15th century.

Stop it with this fucking meme. The size of the Earth was even closely estimated in the 3rd century.
>>
>>68595717
This guy aint me

The church means the top ,official, the real church in touch with the every day life people was terrible unti Luther shaked things up, many priests couldnt read and thus do their duty, had lovers and perpetuated pagan traditions.
So for educated churches come back later.
>Inb4 black legend
This is one thing that is totally documented.
>>
>No one ever thought the earth was flat, especially not in the 15th century.
People think Earth is flat nowadays, I bet my ass there were a fair bit of retards in 15th century thinking it either way. The comic doesn't necessary imply it as widespread opinion among the educated.
>>
>>68593025
This, corporations just deny iy because otherwise they would be under the moral obligation to help prevent it.
>>
>>68592972
only amerifats deny climate change
>>
>>68595271
It is not to listen to a country that is launching a satellite with a domestic rocket

Your country has no ability to make rockets by yourself, do you?
>>
>>68596464
And right now the leader of the free world does.
>>
There is literally ZERO proof for human caused climate change; prove me wrong.
>>
>>68592972
Who thought the earth was round in the 15th century?
>>
>>68592972
Most people don't deny that climate change is real, what they argue about is whether it's manmade or just part of a natural cycle.
>>
>>68599494
Like, everybody.

>>
>>68599494
>>68603212
Peasants, maybe. Academics have known the earth was at the very least curved since 300 BC at latest, and sailors knew the world was round because they saw lighthouses appear over the horizon (which is impossible without the curvature of the earth. On a flat earth you'd be able to see most of the planet from the top of the highest building).

The whole Columbus mutiny myth was probably based around the expected distance to travel, not fears of sailing off the planet. Many of his crew feared that it'd take too long reaching India, and they'd be right... if America wasn't conveniently in the way.
>>
>>68597940
Yeah, because burning tons of fossil fuel, releasing potential energy storaged to the atmosphere by million of years in just a few decades won't speed up a natural process like golbal warming
>>
>>68592972
Eh, who cares.
We will all be dead before anything serious happens due to climate change.
>>
>>68605647
>Peasants, maybe
So most people?
>>
>>68592972
Pic sav'd, ty op

>>68593025
Not trump, his friends & a lot of american
>>
>>68592972
If global warming is real, explain why I should give a shit
>>
>>68597092
>"""""""free"""""""
Stop this maymay
>>
>>68593405
We technically had a mini ice age in the 70's, and NewYork still has 3 years to be underwater. Non science people really piss me off sometimes.
>>
File: fluoride.png (962KB, 500x688px) Image search: [Google]
fluoride.png
962KB, 500x688px
Time for flat earth memes
>>
>>
File: final.jpg (130KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
final.jpg
130KB, 960x960px
>>
>>68607063
>>68607119
>>68607195
Post more before I stop thinking
>>
>>68607369
you have an internet connection you can go to their facebook page and see it for yourself.
>>
>>68593025
Many Americans do not believe.
Fuck, I knew a guy in high school who thought that when you recycled stuff, it just sat in the recycling center and they never did anything with it. I tried to convince him otherwise (I had even visited a recycling center), but he refused to change his mind. He would also throw stuff away instead of recycling, just to spite environmentalists.
>>
>>68593660
China is signatory to the Paris agreement that Trump wants to back out from.
>>
>>68606048
you arrest people for making fun of muslims online
>>
>>68595886
this. maybe its just in my head but if i look up i can see that we're in a dome. like, its kind of obvious especially at night in the desert. same with the beach i can see the ocean sort of bend away.
>>
>>68607195
o shit, now i'm woke.
>>
>>68605909
I think Trump know it is true. He just deny it.
>>
>>68592972
>if we have two genders then explain that *points at shemale*
>>
>>68608298
thats true of most of our politicians. in florida its illegal to use the term "global warming"
>>
File: 1467332016063.jpg (131KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1467332016063.jpg
131KB, 900x900px
>>68592972
>emphasizing "explain" instead of "this" or "that" in every fucking panel
God damn it why can't fuckers just speak fucking English right
>>
>>68592972
most people who are actually invested in the debate aren't arguing over if it's a real phenomenon or not, they're arguing over how much man-made pollution has to do with it
>>
>>68592972
i don't get it. the comic is implying that thats a bad way to argue.
>>
>>68593025
This is a triggering statement to many Americans. It's convenient not to believe in global warming because it means we don't have to change shit.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.