[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you here still believe in a religion? Not talking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: 1416555802721.jpg (99KB, 600x759px) Image search: [Google]
1416555802721.jpg
99KB, 600x759px
How many of you here still believe in a religion?

Not talking about believing in a general undefined supernatural power - but a spesific doctrine, be it Islam, Christianity, any kind of organized religion.

If yes, then why? Do you have doubts or do you believe 100%? Thanks
>>
>>68544669
I'm a Christian and I belive in God although the churchs as a institution often discourages me to due to their behaviour.
>>
>>68544669
>>>/pol/
>>
I was raised Catholic, but agnostic now

I'm really open to talking about spirituality and finding an understanding of 'god'

but yeah, I was really put off churches and all the guilt-trip stuff I was raised on
>>
>>68544692
How Christian is Poland would say? in terms of percentage?

And do you feel like your faith is under attack when people go - the theory of evolution, science, reason, logic, etc is the way forward (you get the idea)?
>>
>>68544720

Not this one, this one is spesifically international - I want to see what it's like all over the world when it comes to faith.

How about yourself? Do you believe? and in what religion and why?
>>
File: Sława.jpg (89KB, 700x780px) Image search: [Google]
Sława.jpg
89KB, 700x780px
>>68544669
religion in XXI century?

Top kek
>>
I love how religious fags only argument these days are
>LOL LE FEDORA *TIPS* XD
Yet they can't proof anything.

Anyway in this [current year], there's really no reason to stick with religion.
I get in some case that is important for cultural identity but in terms of "need", philosophy and science already covers it all.
>b-but those things came from religion!
True, won't deny it and I'm thankful for them but it's time to move beyond.
>>
>>68544750
Well 99% are christian but like 50% go to churches.

>the theory of evolution, science
People don't discovers things, they just confirm their existence or a way to use them.

I mean even atoms, they were there all along, we just confirmed that due to empirical research.

I see no problem why in future things we don't belive in now, can't be confirmed as stuff that exists.
>>
>>68544669
I do. Roman Catholic.

doubts happen sometimes
>>
>>68545206
*tips fedora*
>>
>>68545885

c'est interessant ca

how do you deal with your doubts? do you repent? what stops you from investigating your doubts?
>>
>>68545206

This is why I'm curious, especially coming from Malaysia, where religion is still considered a big deal.

What makes people continue to cling to the ancient beliefs of their ancestors despite all the advances we've made
>>
>>68546892
>repent for doubts

it doesn't work like in Islam
>>
>>68546954

It doesn't work in any way, shape or form desu
just curious
>>
>>68547051
first, it's not because you doubt of something that this doubt is right.
>>
>>68545206
>yet they can't prove anything
why should they? religion isn't about proof. it's about faith.

also if you're arguing about religion you've probably already made up your mind about believing or not so why should they waste their time attempting to change your mind when it won't happen?
>>
christ fag here 100% all you non religious sinners should accept jesus b4 it's 2 l8
>>
>>68544669
Never bothered me as far as I remember. Not once.

We don't even have any proper jokes about jesuses or gods, not even about muslims only because of their faith. It just doesn't matter here.
Not trying to show off or anything, it just doesn't.
>>
>>68544669
I do believe in Judaism, but I also have a lot of doubts - but that also makes it even more attractive to me.
>>
>>68547982
> but that also makes it even more attractive to me.

go on
>>
>>68547220
To save from hell and all that stuff, preaching
>>
>>68544669
My head is deep enough in the fedora that I don't even understand why anyone believes in religions

It just often seems weird how fairly rational people are so irrational about one thing
>>
why do religious people thinks that un-religious people are arrogant for not having faith?
having faith is the very definition of avoiding question and being smartass.
>>
Islam in my opinion is the ideal religion.

Simple prayer schedule. Prayers are very meditative.
1 all powerful god.
No confusing intercession with mary, saints, holy spirit, jesus.
No original sin.
No church hierarchy.
Different scholars can have different opinions.
Stuff is either good, neutral, bad or banned.
Intent is important.
Confess to God not to a priest.

Shame about the no alcohol and no music rule though.

I wish the middle east wasnt such a shit hole so we could see a Islam not mired in uneducated poverty and oil money.
>>
>>68548231
it stuck with same old garbage such as sin, afterlife, and fate though.
you can hear one muslim saying "this happened because its all in god's plan" and then claim that we're free to choose being sinner and virtue in the next conversation.
when a religious scholar told you that God is beyond human understanding therefore no logic could be applied, you know you're in for some dumb garbage.
>>
>>68548062
There's nothing really to add to that. Just seeing the weak points of it makes me appreciate the strong points more.

Hard to explain this, but Judaism isn't afraid of "imperfections";

For example, I always disliked the cult of personality that Christianity and Islam built for Jesus and Mohammed - that they are the ultimate forms of how a human should be.
Judaism has nothing of a sort. Even the greatest figures in Torah (Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon) all had their skeletons in the closet. The Totah writers could easily hide their faults - but they didn't. That fact alone makes Judaism more attractive and believable to me.
>>
>>68548540
alright
>>
>>68548520

I dont mind sin because it is between you and God. I'm not a theologian or expert in any way but the impression i got when reading/learning about islam is that Allah seems more bro-y. Christian God seems to revel in you tripping up and casting you to hell but Allah seems to look at the bigger picture of your life and as long as you followed his rules as best as you could in the circumstances you were given he has your back.

Free will in islam is weird though. Your destiny is written but also changed every day by your actions.

>or example, I always disliked the cult of personality that Christianity and Islam built for Jesus and Mohammed - that they are the ultimate forms of how a human should be.

The cult of personality makes sense in Christianity, i mean he is literally the son of God/also some times God (not a theologian). Muslims have done to mohammed what Catholics did to Mary, they may not of deified them but the line is blared for many practitioners.
>>
>>68544720
OK, let's make it an /int/ thread

1. Cunt
2. Do you still believe in a religion
>>
>>68549246
being better than christianity doesn't mean its "ideal".
in terms of religion as a tool of establishing specific social structure? sure, its arguable since islam is one of the most advanced device.
in terms of truth seeking guidance? no fucking way.
>>
>>68544669
I believe that Jesus is God and that Jesus quite clearly prefers America, and Americans, to all other people. There isn't a name for this that would denote it as a religion but it's quite clearly the case as anyone can see if they look at the world objectively.

Jesus' second favorite country is presumably Poland.
>>
File: 27597163Mfg.jpg (72KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
27597163Mfg.jpg
72KB, 800x600px
>>68546954
>it doesn't work like in Islam

Catholicisms doesn't even work anymore to begin with lad. And where did you hear that doubts are a sin in Islam ?
Seriously interested in these sources of yours, as your knowledge must be based upon solid arguments.

>>68548231
It's funny because I never looked at it this way, at least at first. I always took most of it as an annoying chore that's just here to prove my faith to God by doing something that I hate, like buying gifts for example.
It's only after years of practice that I came to see how positively it affected me, and all the strength it gave me. Now I wouldn't leave Islam even if I stopped believing, seeing how much it's been a good thing for me and everyone around.

>no original sin
Pride is what got Satan into Hell, and technically it's the first sin he commited

>>68548540
First most Christians don't picture Jesus as human, but as divine.
And second the Quran cites at least one occurrence of Muhamad being injust, so he's not perfect. And he's far from being the most praised figure in the Quran; the prophets that came before him get way more glory. The traits that should form the perfect human* aren't wontained within one human, but shared by many people.
*humans are flawed and imperfect as a rule in Quran, the objective isn't to seek perfection; rather seek the approbation of the perfect one.

So you're still waiting for the Meshia then ?

>>68544669
>Dou you have doubts
Daily. During alsmot every prayer in fact.
>>
File: 033.jpg (12KB, 384x266px) Image search: [Google]
033.jpg
12KB, 384x266px
>>68545206
>>
>>68545206
>I love how religious fags only argument these days are
>>LOL LE FEDORA *TIPS* XD
>Yet they can't proof anything.

Thats because retards like Dawkins have convinced atheists that religion is for stupid people and "prove it fagget wheres da eviednce" is a valid basis for a discussion about religion.
>>
I fall generally within the Hindu framework but I don't know if it's fair to call myself religious. I don't practice rituals frequently or pray to gods or anything like that, but the concepts of karma, reincarnation, and the soul's relationship to Brahman are all very important parts of my life.
>>
I was raised with no specific religion (i.e., my parents believe in a "general undefined supernatural power"), so I have been an atheist pretty much since childhood

recently though I pray to the general undefined supernatural power when I am really worried about shit I can't do anything about, so far it has worked so I don't want to insult "it" even though I can't fully bring myself to believe in it. I also talk aloud to relatives and friends who have died. If they cant hear it, there's no harm. If they can, that's pretty cool.

I like Joseph Campbell's take on all that stuff.
>>
>>68544669

I was raised Catholic and in general I do believe that there is a God and I like all the cultural stuff that comes along with the catholic church - the art, the buildings, the rites, the songs, the dresses, the mysticism.

Yet as I got older I've found that Christcucks are oftentimes on par with SJW retards when it comes to "refugees", "migration" and "helping the people in need", to the point of hiding niggers who should be extradited to their countries in their churches. Well, at least the church is pretty anti-feminstic, so that's a good thing.
>>
I'm an absolute heretical godless heathen, but I really do think that religion has a positive influence on human behaviour and culture. There is a serious lack of marriage material in this country and I think it's because people don't believe in punishment from an all-knowing skydaddy anymore.

When people say they're "spiritual but not religious" it just means "i want to pick and choose my own rules whenever it's convenient for me". I wish people could just go back to the old way of having to actually follow some rules.

There's a reason why every civilization since -5000 CE has had a religion. It serves a social function, not an empirical one.
>>
>>68560553
>If they cant hear it, there's no harm. If they can, that's pretty cool.
Do you think the dead can still have an influence on the living (like Saints or ghosts) ?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.