[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Multilingual Jobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 141176310764689.jpg (138KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
141176310764689.jpg
138KB, 1000x667px
Does anyone here who speaks 2 or more languages have a job that revolves around that skill w/o a degree?
Any of you
>Tutors
>Translator
>Work at a business that caters to foreigners
>Translate articles for money?
If so, how much is it paying?
>>
File: Pepe85.jpg (818KB, 2310x2170px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe85.jpg
818KB, 2310x2170px
>>68451458
No one?
No one works at the court house as a translator for all the criminals mexicans
No one translate their university newspaper into whatever shitty language the minorities speak?
>>
I'm bilingual, speak both languages at native level but its useless here because everyone else is also mexican.
Thinking of learning chinese or some other romace language but that'd be too easy.
>>
>>68451655
I'm learning German right now.
I was thinking of doing Tagalog or Hindi, there's so many fucking chinks here in Southern California it's ridiculous.
The majority of doctorate graduates are now foreign born as well.
>>
No one is making a living or side money from this skill?
What is the point then?
>>
I was a math tutor in high school for a low level algebra course and I translated a lot of Spanish. It was a lot of pantomiming because I was trying to explain shit like functions to people who barely wanted to be there in my non-native language.

Was fun though, gained friends out of it

>>68451655
I know Mandarin and unless you plan to do business overseas it's honestly not that useful. Most Chinese who come here know English. Great for online stuff though because the Chinese internet is getting bigger. Too bad pretty much all of them use wechat and QQ, which suck a lot and are monitored.
>>
>>68452866
2 things
>how much did the tutoring pay
>a lot and are monitored
Monitored by who?
>>
>>68453076
I wasn't paid, it took up a credit in high school

>By who?
The Chinese government watches wechat a lot I heard. Can't imagine QQ being much better considering last time I installed it I had to purge it because of all the malware. The company that makes them (Tencent) is super sketchy too. The whole thing reeks of the "everything app".
>>
>>68451458
yes on a daily basis. I work in Finance.
But I wont anwser you question because its 4am and I just got home from work and Im going straight to bed.
>>
I do international tax (transfer pricing), at a big 4 firm.

We have deliverables in both English and Japanese depending on whether it's inboud/outbound and such.

>Translator
Did it part time at one point, and I do some translating at work.
>Work at a business that caters to foreigners
I guess half of our clients are expats or foreigners

Base pay isn't that great. About $45K to 50K. I'm only an a first year associate, though. And I get paid overtime. And there's always overtime. Probably $55K to $60K in reality.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.